All Things Videogame Related: EXTREME VS!!

Keith

Did anyone get beyond two souls? I tried to get in at walmart while returning my zelda bundle and it wasnt on sale for 25 anymore but full price. Bummer... They said bf prices ended 2 hours ago...

Why bother? I heard that game is crap. Read some pretty poor reviews at IGN.

Question: What's the difference between SEN (Sony Entertainment Network) and PSN (Playstation Network) besides the name? It seems I can log into PSN using an SEN account.

Can I just open a SEN account and use that to log into PSN? The SEN account doesn't seem to require any "sensitive information--just your email address.

I saw a youtube tutorial and it seems the PSN registration requires your real name and home address--not something I'm comfortable giving if I can help it.

Actually, can I leave the home address and real name columns blank? I plan on using pre-paid cards, anyway.

Edited by GU-11

but then how will Sony give out your personal information to identity thieves?

Not sure if that's a jab at Sony or me, but having nearly been a victim of credit card fraud once (an online store I used to bought stuff from shut down and either sold off my credit card number or the owner used it personally), I've absolutely no confidence in the ability of companies to keep your info safe.

Not sure if that's a jab at Sony or me, but having nearly been a victim of credit card fraud once (an online store I used to bought stuff from shut down and either sold off my credit card number or the owner used it personally), I've absolutely no confidence in the ability of companies to keep your info safe.

Best to go to playstation forums and ask there. That or ask sony customer assistance on playstation.com. Only they can definitively tell you if using sen vs psn will work.

TLOU is game of this generation for many.

You're kidding, right? I mean, I get that it's a contender for Game of the Year (although I still think that's Bioshock Infinite), but of the whole generation? An admittedly compelling story stuck in a mediocre zombie game defined an entire console generation better than Mass Effect's sweeping space opera, or Rock Band's redefining party game, or meme-generator Portal's take on puzzle games? One of my zombie-loving friends bought a PS3 just for TLoU, and even he wouldn't call it game of this generation.

Actually, can I leave the home address and real name columns blank? I plan on using pre-paid cards, anyway.

I don't think you can leave them blank but you can flat out lie on those parts if you are going to use PSN cards. Just call yourself Hikaru Ichijo from Megaroad 1 Drive.

Do we really need to be naming a game of this generation already, lets wait a year or two and look back instead of just blurting out the most recent fads like Bioshock, Last of Us and Call of Duty. Hell I'm not even sure what my game of the year is, maybe X-Com Enemy Within?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/tag/playstation-network-hacked

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_Network_outage

I don't think you can leave them blank but you can flat out lie on those parts if you are going to use PSN cards. Just call yourself Hikaru Ichijo from Megaroad 1 Drive.

Good idea!

Yeah, I've read it all before. Meaning Sony royally effed up? It's been two years, and they haven't been able to catch those hackers yet.

Edited by GU-11

Best to go to playstation forums and ask there. That or ask sony customer assistance on playstation.com. Only they can definitively tell you if using sen vs psn will work.

I checked Sony's official site, and t turns out you need to already have a PSN account in order to use the SEN account to log in to PSN. I guess I'll have to register myself as Hikaru Ichijo from Megaroad 1.

You're kidding, right? I mean, I get that it's a contender for Game of the Year (although I still think that's Bioshock Infinite), but of the whole generation? An admittedly compelling story stuck in a mediocre zombie game defined an entire console generation better than Mass Effect's sweeping space opera, or Rock Band's redefining party game, or meme-generator Portal's take on puzzle games? One of my zombie-loving friends bought a PS3 just for TLoU, and even he wouldn't call it game of this generation.

Not to mention that the battle for the best game in the PS3 era isn't exactly over. The PS3's still got at least a year left in it, with Star Wars Battlefront 3 and a PS3-exclusive Persona 4 coming up.

"Microsoft Xbox One Cant Play Recordable Blu-ray (BD-R) Due To DRM"

http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/news/xbox-recordable-201311293478.htm

Wow...

Thus, further heading to buying games from a Xbox marketplace. No more playing "backups" of your games, movies, or other media. Those wanting to do things offline are further cut off. And if Microsoft thinks this will stop cheaters, hackers, or the pirated games area, good luck with that.

Nope

Guest davidwhangchoi

Well, to each his own, but I'm not sure that I know many (if any) who'd agree with you. A great game, a Game of the Year, sure (albeit not my choice), but not an entire console generation.

i just got it from blk friday, i'll let you know if it's Kanye West claim worthy of a game. (actually i got a back log of games so i may not be able to finish it.) is killer is Dead a good game?

i'm thinking of getting it.

i just got it from blk friday, i'll let you know if it's Kanye West claim worthy of a game. (actually i got a back log of games so i may not be able to finish it.) is killer is Dead a good game?

i'm thinking of getting it.

Depends on how much you like Suda 51's games.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Depends on how much you like Suda 51's games.

never played any of suda51's games. is he famous or something? i was watching a video of the gameplay and it looks cool. i wonder if anyone here played it. i placed an order i guess i'll try it.

never played any of suda51's games. is he famous or something? i was watching a video of the gameplay and it looks cool. i wonder if anyone here played it. i placed an order i guess i'll try it.

I wouldn't say he's famous in the "made a legendary franchise" way, like Shigeru Miyamoto or Keiji Inafune, but he has a very unique, bizarre style that, having played one of his games, would make any other Suda 51 games recognizable as his.

Personally, I find his games to be interesting on some levels, but not so great from a gameplay standpoint. I thought No More Heroes was OK, but I didn't really care for Killer7 or Shadows of the Damned. I bought Lollipop Chainsaw on clearance at Target, but never got around to playing it. I passed on Killer is Dead, but my friend who bought it said he thought it was good if you're a Suda 51 fan but that otherwise you probably won't like it.

Guest davidwhangchoi

too bad my laptop is doesn't have nvidia's 780m's or 680m's sli verses the 7970m's in my machine or i would want to get the Shield. i took a look at it way back at gamestop and there was a blk friday deal on it but i need some nvidia cards in my lappy...

here's an update posted Dec 2nd to stream 1080p/60fps for the shield

http://blogs.nvidia.com/blog/2013/12/02/shield-experience-gets-better-still-with-latest-software-update/

Edited by davidwhangchoi

too bad my laptop is doesn't have nvidia's 780m's or 680m's sli verses the 7970m's in my machine or i would want to get the Shield. i took a look at it way back at gamestop and there was a blk friday deal on it but i need some nvidia cards in my lappy...

here's an update posted Dec 2nd to stream 1080p/60fps for the shield

http://blogs.nvidia.com/blog/2013/12/02/shield-experience-gets-better-still-with-latest-software-update/

I thought that the Shield didn't work with laptop cards? I have a 660M in my laptop, but I haven't tried it with Shield because I have a 660ti in my desktop.

As for the Black Friday deals, you may still be able to get it for $250 from Newegg. Think of it as a reason to buy/build a nice gaming tower. Nvidia was also doing bundle deals with some Shield-capable graphics cards.

Guest davidwhangchoi

I thought that the Shield didn't work with laptop cards? I have a 660M in my laptop, but I haven't tried it with Shield because I have a 660ti in my desktop.

Nvidia said that 660m+ GPUs are supported (check out the xda posts below), they're beta testing desktop GPU's first.

workaround thread.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2389776

Mike since you have an msi w/ 660m you may want to check it out. (specifically post #14)

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Nvidia said that 660m+ GPUs are supported (check out the xda posts below), they're beta testing desktop GPU's first.[/size]

workaround thread.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2389776

Mike since you have an msi w/ 660m you may want to check it out. (specifically post #14)

While I'm glad that Nvidia is going to start supporting mobile GPUs, I'm not seeing a big advantage to streaming from my laptop. My desktop is significantly more powerful.

I wouldn't say he's famous in the "made a legendary franchise" way, like Shigeru Miyamoto or Keiji Inafune, but he has a very unique, bizarre style that, having played one of his games, would make any other Suda 51 games recognizable as his.

Personally, I find his games to be interesting on some levels, but not so great from a gameplay standpoint. I thought No More Heroes was OK, but I didn't really care for Killer7 or Shadows of the Damned. I bought Lollipop Chainsaw on clearance at Target, but never got around to playing it. I passed on Killer is Dead, but my friend who bought it said he thought it was good if you're a Suda 51 fan but that otherwise you probably won't like it.

Suda 51 games are very niche but are really fun if that's what you're in to. Killer7 didn't really play well, but it was interesting and looked really cool. I never owned a wii, but I got some hands on time with No More Heros on a friends console and liked what I saw. I think Lollipop Chainsaw is his most accessible game for westerners.

Well, to each his own, but I'm not sure that I know many (if any) who'd agree with you. A great game, a Game of the Year, sure (albeit not my choice), but not an entire console generation.

It's hardly an unpopular opinion.

There are a lot of people who like crappy things. :mellow:

:D

In all seriousness, though, people are entitled to their own opinions, but there's simply no way I can agree that a mediocre zombie game with a decent story defined an entire 7+ year console generation.

In all seriousness, though, people are entitled to their own opinions, but there's simply no way I can agree that a mediocre zombie game with a decent story defined an entire 7+ year console generation.

Especially when you have games like Bioshock Infnite, Fallout 3/Vegas, Assassin's Creed, Skyrim, Dishonored, Tomb Raider, God of War, Uncharted, Halo, and Borderlands.

Truth be told, and you can argue against it all you want, but the game/s that defined this generation of systems is the Call of Duty series. No other game has sold as well as it, or has been played more by more people on this planet than it. Everybody on this forum has at least tried it once as far as I know.

There are a lot of people who like crappy things. :mellow:

Hardly a crappy thing we are talking about. But yes, there are many people who love crappy things.

Especially when you have games like Bioshock Infnite, Fallout 3/Vegas, Assassin's Creed, Skyrim, Dishonored, Tomb Raider, God of War, Uncharted, Halo, and Borderlands.

Truth be told, and you can argue against it all you want, but the game/s that defined this generation of systems is the Call of Duty series. No other game has sold as well as it, or has been played more by more people on this planet than it. Everybody on this forum has at least tried it once as far as I know.

COD define a generation yes. The statement never claimed TLOU to define this gen.

Game of this Gen? Yes, that's what I said many considered to be.

They are quite different things.

Never asked you to. You asked if I was serious about many considering it to be.

Edited by Gaijin

The statement never claimed TLOU to define this gen.

Game of this Gen? Yes, that's what I said many considered to be.

They are quite different things.

I don't think they are.

When someone picks a game for Game of the Year, they're saying it's the best game released that year. In other words, if you only play one game that year, it should be that one.

If you're going to tell me that a game is Game of the Generation, you're essentially saying that if you only play one game for an entire console generation, it should be that one. And no, I don't think simply the best game you can think of (that's probably from this year because that's what you remember playing) cuts it for that.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Last night i decided to return the xbox one, i don't need it right now, maybe when more games release. the only game i wanted to play was fortza 5 but after reading customer reviews on amazon, i changed my mind, i think the obvious push for micro transactions is a turn off.

http://www.amazon.com/Forza-Motorsports-5-Xbox-One/dp/B00FM5IY4W/ref=sr_tr_sr_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1386275040&sr=1-1&keywords=forza+5

When someone picks a game for Game of the Year, they're saying it's the best game released that year.

Game of the year now simply means "includes download content", no more. every game is game of the year these days. lol

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Last night i decided to return the xbox one, i don't need it right now, maybe when more games release. the only game i wanted to play was fortza 5 but after reading customer reviews on amazon, i changed my mind, i think the obvious push for micro transactions is a turn off.

http://www.amazon.com/Forza-Motorsports-5-Xbox-One/dp/B00FM5IY4W/ref=sr_tr_sr_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1386275040&sr=1-1&keywords=forza+5

Game of the year now simply means "includes download content", no more. every game is game of the year these days. lol

No no, you're confusing "game of the year" with "Game of the Year Edition".

Man, I can't find an Xbox One, and you're returning yours. First world problems...