All Things Videogame Related: EXTREME VS!!

Keith

The Battlefield 4-beta is finished so any other comments will have to wait for the final release. That being said, I seriously hope they fix the graphics/framerate issues. I was running 320.xx Nvidia drivers on High-settings and it wasn't too bad but as soon as I updated to the 327.xx drivers, I felt like I was lagging when I was actually dropping lots of frames. Even dropping down to Low-quality did not help. I've heard upgrading to Windows 8 or using Geforce-beta drivers fixed the dropped frames but since a lot of people are sticking to Windows 7, yeah, DICE better fix this in the final release.

I don't know if any of you guys are Kingdom Hearts fans, but it was really the first game that I ever really "got into" as a dedicated fan. I played the first and second as a wee child (7 and 10ish years old ftw).

And now, we've got a new gameplay video of KH3! I don't really know how I feel about the animation style though. It kinda "worked" on a low res system like the PS2, but the character models now look a little too.....perfect? toy-like? meh, I'm nitpicking.

Guest davidwhangchoi

My ps4 amazon pre order is the watch dogs bundle. I hope this means that I can still get a regular PS4 on launch day, and have watch dogs shipped when it's ready next year or something.

I'd rather not lose my pre order to something like this!

it looks like you should be ok, amazon responds saying you will be in line by ordered to still get the system without the game.

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/10/15/amazon-watch-dogs-ps4-bundle-pre-orders-will-still-get-the-syst/

Just in case you lived under a rock since September 25, 2007 Halo 3 is free for download on XBL if you have gold. Also there is a new free game on the 1st and 16th of every month.

Just in case you lived under a rock since September 25, 2007 Halo 3 is free for download on XBL if you have gold. Also there is a new free game on the 1st and 16th of every month.

Huh. I quit Xbox Live gold. The jump from $50 to $60 kinda irked me, and I never used it for multiplayer or Netflix, so I couldn't see the value in it. So now they're giving away free games? That's definitely some good value, then, but not really enough to make me go back to gold a little over a month before the Xbone comes out.

I don't think I've ever payed more than $40 for a full year subscription.

Yeah, I'd heard that you could get the sub cards on sale from a lot of places, but I guess I never bothered because I had it set to auto renew.

For this of you guys who bought a watch dogs ps4 or xbone bundle from target, watch out. Apparently they just outright canceled your orders since watch digs has been delayed.

Not very customer friendly in my opinion, especially since these individuals probably won't be able to get one now.

In other news, Pokemon x has been AWESOME. Gotta love those 3D graphics. The only real problem I have with it is that the frame rate dips for me sometimes during a battle

My ps4 amazon pre order is the watch dogs bundle. I hope this means that I can still get a regular PS4 on launch day, and have watch dogs shipped when it's ready next year or something.

I'd rather not lose my pre order to something like this!

You will still get a console at launch. In addition, you will get a $10 Amazon credit towards another PS4 game for the trouble. Check your email.

Guest davidwhangchoi

It's over for the wii... It's the beginning of the end of an innovative system w/ no games.

i used my wii just to play last story and xenosaga bc i love xenogears and all the resident evil remakes and eternal darkness and rogue squadron and metal gear twin snakes and ikaruga and luigi's mansion and... oh yeah, they're mostly gamecube games...

http://www.polygon.com/2013/10/21/4861464/wii-no-more-nintendo-halts-production-of-system

Edited by davidwhangchoi

It's over for the wii... It's the beginning of the end of an innovative system w/ no games.

i used my wii just to play last story and xenosaga bc i love xenogears and all the resident evil remakes and eternal darkness and rogue squadron and metal gear twin snakes and ikaruga and luigi's mansion and... oh yeah, they're mostly gamecube games...

Financially, this would be a good move to push for more Wii U units or eliminate a supply chain to stop bleeding capital. Also being the underpowered console of it's generation, it's probably for the best.

Guest davidwhangchoi

i was updating my catalyst drivers for my dual 7970m crossfire setup as the latest updates gives a major addition to crossfire support with frame pacing that was only avail on nvidia cards until this latest update(better manages dual cards to prevent microstutter, a common occurrence for dual card set ups and loss of fps. amd finally caught up to nvidia with their own frame pacing released in aug/sept. looking at the news for the latest revision i found that

GTAV is programmed in the latest amd catalyst drivers. so it's obvious that GTA V had PC already in mind before it launched. hopefully it will be more optimized for the PC than GTA IV which was the worst optimized lazy console to pc port ever. it was a waste of GPU and CPU resources to run it bc it was so poorly ported.

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/GTA-5-Optimizations-Found-AMD-Catalyst-Drivers-59983.html

Financially, this would be a good move to push for more Wii U units or eliminate a supply chain to stop bleeding capital. Also being the underpowered console of it's generation, it's probably for the best.

it looks like it will only affect Japan and not US for the Holiday season (for now) according to gamespot

Guest davidwhangchoi

i got my wii by borrowing from a student that never used it. They let me have it. lol i just hook up a wavebird and play gamegube on it besides the 2 rpgs. i brought sin and punishment for it but then i saw i had to hook up the sensor bar to play it... never used it. but i guess on a pc the sensor bar doesn't work???

Edited by davidwhangchoi

i got my wii by borrowing from a student that never used it. They let me have it. lol i just hook up a wavebird and play gamegube on it besides the 2 rpgs. i brought sin and punishment for it but then i saw i had to hook up the sensor bar to play it... never used it. but i guess on a pc the sensor bar doesn't work???

Xenoblade didn't need it, but yes you can set up the sensor bar on PC.

I hate to say it, but out of all the game systems that I've owned, the Wii got the least use.

This is somewhat true for me. Actually, though, I haven't used my Vita much. And so far, the only Wii U game I've played is New Super Mario Bros. U. However, unlike the regular Wii, who's novelty quickly wore off and just looked like butt on my HDTV, I expect the Wii U to pick up. Super Mario 3D World is one of my must-buys this holiday, and I'm still really looking forward to the new Smash Bros and Bayonetta 2.