The Transformers Thread (licensed) Next

yeah, it's over and done with. everyone said their piece. there's no need to continue bringing up stuff that goes on over there.

anyways, i just stopped by my TRU. no grimlocks... just wanted to take a morning ride cause the weather is nice.

last night i was with a group of people in Long Island. i asked if i could stop by TRU they thought i was crazy... they had just one case (x2 pieces) in the morning which was sold.

i guess i'm losing interest... the hunt is not as fun as macross stuff.

This was in the local sightings thread. Different discussion.

I was relating my experience of looking at local TRU's

It's much more fun to hit f5 than go to dirty kids toys stores haha.

I have not seen Evasion Prime at any of the Wally's and Tarjey's here.

It's only the weird blue chopper thing and rhinox. Besides the AOE figures, that is.

Which reminds me, the AOE Slug deluxe-class I saw was kinda kewl purple and chrome combo.

You confusing me with your statements, but Evasion is AOE, unless you mean no Voyager AOE's.

That I could understand because it looks like TRU seems to be the only place stocking the crap out of AOE.

yeah, it's over and done with. everyone said their piece. there's no need to continue bringing up stuff that goes on over there.

anyways, i just stopped by my TRU. no grimlocks... just wanted to take a morning ride cause the weather is nice.

last night i was with a group of people in Long Island. i asked if i could stop by TRU they thought i was crazy... they had just one case (x2 pieces) in the morning which was sold.

Boohoo Dave! haha. You gotta make a group of collector buddies in order to survive the Re-seller onslaught.

Here we fight scalper employees, eBay resellers, retail store resellers, and Toy show swap meeters. In fact the only reason

I got MP-03 is because a Hotwheels collector friend spotted it when he was on the hunt, and had them held for me. Then called me

and said they are yours. That happens because anytime I see a rare or Treasure Hunt, I just buy it and throw it to him. It's a parasitic relationship.

I don't hunt anymore, I just get my prey. Much easier lol.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Boohoo Dave! haha. You gotta make a group of collector buddies in order to survive the Re-seller onslaught.

Here we fight scalper employees, eBay resellers, retail store resellers, and Toy show swap meeters. In fact the only reason

I got MP-03 is because a Hotwheels collector friend spotted it when he was on the hunt, and had them held for me. Then called me

and said they are yours. That happens because anytime I see a rare or Treasure Hunt, I just buy it and throw it to him. It's a parasitic relationship.

I don't hunt anymore, I just get my prey. Much easier lol.

yeah agree, mechapilot77 is cool and gives me a heads up on TF and i get him stuff as well... we try to look out for each other. but grimlock is something i'm semi-interested in... because TRU just happens to be 5 mins away.

i was really bummed the long island TRU sold out of it. my group asked what are you looking for, i said a floppy dinosaur. (jk, i really said "something hard to find")

Edited by davidwhangchoi

yeah agree, mechapilot77 is cool and gives me a heads up on TF and i get him stuff as well... we try to look out for each other. but grimlock is something i'm semi-interested in... because TRU just happens to be 5 mins away.

i was really bummed the long island TRU sold out of it. my group asked what are you looking for, i said a floppy dinosaur. (jk, i really said "something hard to find")

And that's why I'm a solitary hunter (in person at least). It just got too annoying to explain to my non-collector friends about this, that or the other.

And you really should have said "floppy dinosaur" - they'd have been riding out on that one for hours. :p

-b.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Yeah I'd like to actually see one on the shelf in real life someday. If I'm going to buy it or not.

+1

i'd most likely buy it bc they have a return policy if i don't need it.

And that's why I'm a solitary hunter (in person at least). It just got too annoying to explain to my non-collector friends about this, that or the other.

And you really should have said "floppy dinosaur" - they'd have been riding out on that one for hours. :p

-b.

yeah, i don't even bother to explain. i'm the one driving so i just say: "i gotta make a stop" but if they really needed to get home i would've skipped TRU.

i just called another TRU asking for him but no go. (rt 17 in paramus nj and rt 4)

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Well at least you call first...I just show up, kick the door in and look for what I want.

Was at another store today (Meijer's- very similar to Wal Mart or Target) and walked past the toy section and saw a few of those Evasion Primes on the end caps.

-b.

You confusing me with your statements, but Evasion is AOE, unless you mean no Voyager AOE's.

That I could understand because it looks like TRU seems to be the only place stocking the crap out of AOE.

Guess I should've added other AOE figures in my post to have been clearer.

Evasion Prime is the only AOE figure that I have not seen in the stores. The only ones I saw were the Grimlock (all classes, it seems), Slug (deluxe), the two-headed thingy (deluxe) and those little one-shot-transformation of Drift, Hound, the green car, Prime and Bumblebee.

Well at least you call first...I just show up, kick the door in and look for what I want.

You should always call first unless you live about 5-mins from any TRU.

Fwiw, each of the TRU near me are at least 20-30 (or more) miles away.

Heh! I stopped active hunting after the debacle that was WalScream from years ago.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Heh! I stopped active hunting after the debacle that was WalScream from years ago.

yeah, i'll casually go as i pass by TRU. wont break a sweat over it.

Eh IDK. I don't see anything there that the MP doesn't do better for a bit more money.

Really? I'd love to know where you can get a legitimate NIB not-crap Grimlock for $150.

Edited by anime52k8

I popped the arms off mine and I see what you are talking about with the grey rotating joints needing to be facing the right way. However, mine were both already in the higher position. I tried rotating them around to the lower position and transforming and that's when I realized we're talking about two different issues. When they are in the lower position there are big gaps on the window/arm parts in the front of alt mode, which is obviously not how its supposed to be - and is an issue that can be corrected as you stated.

The issue of misalignment that I'm talking about is that the window parts on the middle rotating panel don't line up with the rest of the windows (the parts on the arms).

attachicon.gifDSCF0852.JPG

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radicons-customs/987004-evasion-optimus-windshield-fix.html

And jeebus. What a little extra silver paint can do to make this prime look SO much better.

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-feedback/979957-aoe-voyager-optimus-prime-evasion-mode.html

I got my first run Takara for $180. You see them pop up on the second hand japanese market. You can get the Hasbro version for $130 now, or the old one for $150-200ish

This one is $110?

So $70 more bucks for full transformation and entirely other mode (Dinosaur) and better proportions. Light-up effects. Eye gimmick. No brainer IMO.

Geez. So happy that I spend my online presence is only here on MW. Even though I'm a member of the TFW forums (with ZERO posts) this whole "Grimlock" nonsense has painted a very clear picture for me.

-b.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Geez. So happy that I spend my online presence is only here on MW. Even though I'm a member of the TFW forums (with ZERO posts) this whole "Grimlock" nonsense has painted a very clear picture for me.

-b.

+1

Cool, thanks for the link. I sliced those tabs on mine but it still didn't quite do the job. Turned out the tabs on the forearms that form the top of the cab and hold the middle panel in place were too thick and were keeping the middle panel from rotating up as far as it needed to go. I had to slice those as well, and now the windows line up.

I know it sounds weird, but sometimes I enjoy figuring out weird little problems like this. Not saying I actively want my toys to have problems, but when its something that can be fixed relatively easily I always end up with an extra satisfaction - similar to building a model kit.

:EDIT:

And yes, some extra paint works wonders on this thing. I'm not very good with paint but I might try doing a few little touches here and there. It's a cheap toy, if I really mess it up I can buy another one.

Edited by eriku

Yup. I get where you're coming from. Love fixing small issues myself. Gundam paint markers work well for this toy. Silver where needed, don't forget the wheel hubs. Just need to get a black marker to do some accents and figure out how to fix that crap "floating" gun it comes with.

post-93-0-63730500-1401679728_thumb.jpg

Non-articulated Transformer hands tend to make me sad.

I really wish that Hasbro/Takara would find a more aesthetically pleasing way to deal with this on the toys that are not that expensive, especially on their Generations lines or figures that are not Masterpiece. I'd be much more likely to buy what seems to be a universally liked figured in Evasion Optimus Prime.

-b.

Guest davidwhangchoi

i found a grimlock from the TRU 5 mins away, i posted my experience on TFW2005

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-sightings/86538-new-jersey-transformers-sightings-1085.html#post11103328

i just got back from rt 4 TRU and got a mp grimlock. a kind guy saw me with the box in hand and just walked up and gave me a 20% off coupon as he already brought the other one the store had, really classy guy.

he said he's on tfw2005 and his name was omegax80 at least i hope i didn't get it mixed up with another omega on this sitesmile.gif

i tried checking Jersey City for the both of us as the computer showed they had 9 in stock. all wiped out by the time i called.

thanks again for the 20% off coupon
Edited by davidwhangchoi