RIP Steve Jobs

Whether or not you liked his products or agree with Apple policies you can't deny what this man has done for computers and technology or even entertainment in general (helped jump start PIXAR if you didn't know). Today is a sad day indeed.

http://www.apple.com/

Edited by kanedaestes

Very sad day to see someone, with so much vision, pass away prematurely. I didn't always agree with him, but he did push consumer technology rapidly. Without him, we would all be on our Treo's with Windows Mobile (the old version!)

RIP Steve

Even if you can't stand Apple's products (I'm a Windows PC and Android phone guy, but I do have a Mac Mini and an iPad), you can't deny the huge influence Apple has had on the tech industry. It seems like every time Apple did something really innovative (the original Macintosh, the iMac, Mac OS X, the iPod, the iPhone, the iPad, etc), Jobs was directly involved. The man was truly a visionary. While Apple will undoubtedly continue to make tons of money selling the products that Jobs created, it will be interesting to see if they can continue their industry-defining innovation without him.

It's a sad day. I'm gonna go watch Pirates of Silicon Valley in his memory.

^^^^Anthony and Noah's finest roles. Just how accurate to life was that movie? In any case, you can't help but revere an individual who inadvertently touched countless lives. See you out there, Mr. Jobs...

Rumor has it he's been dead for a couple weeks, Apple just delayed announcing it until after the Iphone dropped.

This rumor might just be fueled by the fact that no news article early cited the date of death.

Edited by jenius

Steve Jobs had an eye for design. Not just for aesthetics but function. I'm actually wondering what his final resting place looks like, whether it be a coffin or an urn. I can honestly see him designing something himself after looking at the choices given and saying "I wouldn't be caught dead in that..."

RIP Steve.

Steve Jobs had an eye for design. Not just for aesthetics but function. I'm actually wondering what his final resting place looks like, whether it be a coffin or an urn. I can honestly see him designing something himself after looking at the choices given and saying "I wouldn't be caught dead in that..."

RIP Steve.

The revolutionary new iGrave! Ensures your eternal rest is the best rest you'll ever have! Only Steve Jobs, the greatest mind since Albert Einstein, could've designed a hole in the ground! He invented a whole new way to die!

I AM sorry to see him go, but I can't help but think this is going to be the last round of shameless media quotes that can't be bothered to let facts get in the way of their blatant fanboyism, and it warms my heart a little bit.

I wrote this for my FB, but may as well post here too.

SteveJobsHuman.jpg

I never met the man. Only seen what turns out to be his last live presentation via webcast. He came across as a salesman, though a sincere one.

What I remember most about him is this image, taken after that presentation. He is only human, just like the rest of us.

I think he never forgot that, and his fight with cancer always reminded him of his human mortality. I think he never forgot, despite the business empire he runs, despite the cold technologies that he plays with, that at the end of the day there is a human using what he came up with. And that this human, is the most important thing of all.

Steve Jobs. Only Human. Perhaps the best epitaph that can be given to anyone.