Yamato 1/60 VF-19S/F/P - All Variants

charger69

I think I want all of them but no way will my financial senses allow that to happen lol. Right now, I'd lean on the white VF-19P, but if I thought any one of them would be exclusive it would be that one. the red blood/pollen stained would be more desirable for Basara's future adventures. :ph34r:

I'm pretty sure I'll get all three kinds too, though I'll go for the P first since it's a hero mech.

I had to take priorities well since I don't easily earn 200-300 bucks for these. Heck, I even had to sell one of my toylines to get the Kai. :p

I do love the 19S and F, but they don't appeal to me that much since I already have the Kai and I want to try out the 17 first.

The kai doesn't have as cool a gunpod though. I think overall the Blazer is a better valk in space combat for 1 reason:

you know when the vf-19 transforms into a robot and can shoot those lasers from the hips which are supposed to be inside the wing?

I think having shorter wings must equal better accuracy because the longer wing would mean it takes longer to point the gun in position before firing off a shot. Think of it like this: if two vf-19 were going to draw their guns at the same time, the vf-19 with short wings will win at being able to shoot first and get the first hit advantage. It's sort of like the advantage a yf-21 would have by using 1-handed wrist gun vs the two handed gundpod of the yf-19. The guy with the wrist gun would have less weight to deal with and draw the weapon quickly which means advantage for close range combat.

I also don't like the idea of these long things dangling off the sides of a robot. It just looks bad and I can be ok wih the yf-19 having it because the long wings make sense for it in atmosphere while flying in fighter mode and we see the character Isamu Dyson (macross plus) always fighting in the air more than in space. But in macross 7 majority of the fighting is in space (loads of micromissiles spam to have to dodge or shoot down with your gundpod in robot mode as they come at you from all directions, no cover to hide behind like on earth) so I see the short wings as being superior in general for the average pilot in macross 7.

Basara makes up for it by being the ultimate pilot so he has the "plot armor" saving his skin which just makes the fire valkyrie look good in combat. But after thinking about the VF-19, the shorter wing makes robot mode look cleaner and therefore better than the vf-19 variants with long wings, which to me makes robot mode look messy. (BTW the transformers masterpiece starscream toy having the dangly bits on his hips was a bad idea imo lol Don't know what they were thinking by making it look like a yf-19 instead of just going with the g1 transformation)

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

^ I'm pretty sure Kawamori also designed the MP Starscream.

I agree that the Blazer is much more suited for combat, but I do prefer the usual longer YF-19 wings

since they folded much more sleeker in Battroid as opposed to the Blazer's. Just my personal preference though.

Though the show didn't seem to emphasize the Blazer being a replacement for the Nightmare since two F-type Blazers were easily shot down

in Operation Stargazer. :p

Edited by kamadoma

If Mac 7 showed anything, it showed that pilot was more important than the machine: see Gamlin in the VF-11C. So Dick and Mory were better than the redshirts Docker got. :ph34r:

^ I'm pretty sure Kawamori also designed the MP Starscream.

I agree that the Blazer is much more suited for combat, but I do prefer the usual longer YF-19 wings

since they folded much more sleeker in Battroid as opposed to the Blazer's. Just my personal preference though.

Though the show didn't seem to emphasize the Blazer being a replacement for the Nightmare since two F-type Blazers were easily shot down

in Operation Stargazer. :p

kawamori didn't design it. He gave some input at the end, like having two guns and moving the leg kibble to the hips.

[...]

I also don't like the idea of these long things dangling off the sides of a robot. It just looks bad and I can be ok wih the yf-19 having it because the long wings make sense for it in atmosphere while flying in fighter mode and we see the character Isamu Dyson (macross plus) always fighting in the air more than in space. But in macross 7 majority of the fighting is in space (loads of micromissiles spam to have to dodge or shoot down with your gundpod in robot mode as they come at you from all directions, no cover to hide behind like on earth) so I see the short wings as being superior in general for the average pilot in macross 7.

Basara makes up for it by being the ultimate pilot so he has the "plot armor" saving his skin which just makes the fire valkyrie look good in combat. But after thinking about the VF-19, the shorter wing makes robot mode look cleaner and therefore better than the vf-19 variants with long wings, which to me makes robot mode look messy. (BTW the transformers masterpiece starscream toy having the dangly bits on his hips was a bad idea imo lol Don't know what they were thinking by making it look like a yf-19 instead of just going with the g1 transformation)

Shorter wings don’t make the VF-19S/F battroid mode look cleaner at all, on the contrary.

Also, if you don’t like the idea of the wings dangling off the sides of a robot and think they look bad then you don’t like the YF-19, VF-19, YF-21, VF-22, VF-14, VA-1SS, Az-130, FBz-99, Fz-109, SV-51, VF-25, VF-27, YF-29, VF-1 and VF-0 with their load of missiles on, etc. Basically, valks from all the Macross series. If you like mechas with no dangling wings in anime probably Macross isn’t the right franchise for you to follow.

Edited by Reïvaj

Uh dood, I think he's referring to how the wings are mounted on the hips like a pair of scabbards rather than tucking away semi-neatly on the VF-1 and its derivatives like the VF-0, VF-11, and VF-5000. Even the VF-17 has them fold away. And on the VF-22 they just tuck inside.

Personally I luv the VF-19's hip wings. It goes a long way of making it a very distinctive design. If there's one thing about the VF-19 is that it's one of those Valkyrie you would never guess turned into an airplane.

Uh dood, I think he's referring to how the wings are mounted on the hips like a pair of scabbards rather than tucking away semi-neatly on the VF-1 and its derivatives like the VF-0, VF-11, and VF-5000. Even the VF-17 has them fold away. And on the VF-22 they just tuck inside.

Personally I luv the VF-19's hip wings. It goes a long way of making it a very distinctive design. If there's one thing about the VF-19 is that it's one of those Valkyrie you would never guess turned into an airplane.

Well, you probably did notice I didn’t mention the VF-11, VF-5000 and VF-17. And the YF-21/VF-22’s wings may tuck inside but the leg covers hung from the hips in the same fashion the VF-19’s wings do.

I like the VF-19’s hip wings because I like the idea of having these extra pair of shields for the legs while in battroid mode.

Well you said VF-1 and VF-0 so I figured that was the same idea. But yeah you're right the VF-22's hip plates are a lot like the VF-19's. I'm not sure I agree if the VF-19's wings are like shields because they're kind of small for that. I do like the imagery of the VF-19 in VF-X2's opening where the blue VF-19 is in free fall with the wings spread out from the hips.

post-1819-0-44210600-1317500975_thumb.jpg

wheeeeeeee~

Well you said VF-1 and VF-0 so I figured that was the same idea. But yeah you're right the VF-22's hip plates are a lot like the VF-19's. I'm not sure I agree if the VF-19's wings are like shields because they're kind of small for that. I do like the imagery of the VF-19 in VF-X2's opening where the blue VF-19 is in free fall with the wings spread out from the hips.

post-1819-0-44210600-1317500975_thumb.jpg

wheeeeeeee~

Oh, I see, I just mentioned VF-1 and VF-0 while in battroid mode with their load of missiles still on and the wings unfolded.

I like that image too. I guess the wings can also guide the free fall if properly angled…

Regarding the wings as a shield, I know they are probably not perfect for that but considering they are already there why not to use them as an extra cover just as the arm shield, which isn’t exactly enormous either.

The kai doesn't have as cool a gunpod though. I think overall the Blazer is a better valk in space combat for 1 reason:

you know when the vf-19 transforms into a robot and can shoot those lasers from the hips which are supposed to be inside the wing?

I think having shorter wings must equal better accuracy because the longer wing would mean it takes longer to point the gun in position before firing off a shot. Think of it like this: if two vf-19 were going to draw their guns at the same time, the vf-19 with short wings will win at being able to shoot first and get the first hit advantage. It's sort of like the advantage a yf-21 would have by using 1-handed wrist gun vs the two handed gundpod of the yf-19. The guy with the wrist gun would have less weight to deal with and draw the weapon quickly which means advantage for close range combat.

VF-19F/S have shorter wings and more vernier thrusters since they're optimized for space operation whereas the VF-19A-E perform better in the atmosphere. Nothing to do with the wing root guns.

Yes but visually having long dangly pieces is not as 'clean' to me as short stubby ones for some reason.

I think a majority of starscream fans didn't like the hip pieces on masterpiece ss.

I know that the space-use vf-19 is better at maneuvering in space. But I'm talking more about drawing your gun quickly from a still position to shoot a small target to shoot something down. I find that if it is all long it means more effort to aim the shot. Shorter wing would mean less weight behind the hip gun and it would be easier to guide the shot with short wing version of that same gun. If you had to change the direction of the hip gun suddenly, I think the long one would be slower to turn than a short one imo. If there is like several little targets to shoot and they are moving around, the short wing version could shoot all with more ease than the long one. The hinge that positions the hip gun can 'handle' a short wing more easily than it would a long one. I think the extra length of the wing would only work against aiming the gun properly in bot mode compared to the short hip gun version.

As for shields: I can see the arm fins on vf-22 being shields because we see that in the anime but the hip skirt stuff just look awkward imo. A clean robot design like the vf-25, vf-11, or vf-1 is going to be more practical imo. "Dangly bits" < no dangly bits. :D

I'm just nitpicking lol. Don't take it too seriously.

Yes but visually having long dangly pieces is not as 'clean' to me as short stubby ones for some reason.

A clean robot design like the vf-25

First, the VF-25 has tons of robo kibble, it is just all on the back.

Second, while the VF-19 has shorter wings then the YF-19, the effect can make it look LESS sleak because when they fold up the do not create a smooth surface along the back edge of the wing to the hip gun, giving it a jagged, uneven look.

vf-19f-battroid.gif

I agree with others how this design is awesome because it looks nothing like a plane when transformed, even with the hip "guns". No other VF that I can think of(other then maybe the VB-6, but that is not exactly sleak) has a battroid so removed from the fighter mode.

Edited by Xx-SKULL-ONE-xX

What I would have done is allowed the dangly bit to be detachable and just have it attach to the underside of the arm like the underarm attachment thing you see in macross plus when dyson shoots a monster.

They had a lot of deatchable things in SDFM: the cockpit could detach so roy could rescue hikaru and minmay, the arms could be ejected if they were damaged, the magic hands thing had little openings on the forearm to assist in repairs, you had the gbp which could just eject once all the missiles were used up etc

Those dangly bits could have been used as shields that attach to the robots arm or something like that. You'll note that in the start of SDFM the space fighters that get owned in episode 1 at the beginning didn't have any wings. If the robot forgets to reattach the hip guns back to the hips again I think it would still be able to fight ok with no wings in space. lol

Good blue shade, check! :D Also, thrilled to see they added the correct secondary intakes on the LEX, Bandai forgot those on the hi-metal. Blue is also much better.

Though, I might pass and wait for the F.. the yellow just looks too gaudy. It may be accurate, but I wish they'd gone with a more gold-ish color like the Blue Angels use.

Or.. I could just paint over it.. ^_^

Edited by Chronocidal

Doesn't the S have a neck piece? :unsure:

Sure it does.

post-12283-0-27059300-1317617019_thumb.jpg post-12283-0-70458100-1317621951_thumb.jpg

Specifications:

Size: appxl 330mm long in Fighter Mode

Materials: ABS, POM, Zinc Alloy, Etc

Includes:

Gunpod

Pilot Figure (for use in Cockpit)

Transformation Use Parts

Marking Stickers

Instruction Manual

Edited by Reïvaj

Good find. No more mcdonalds paintscheme. Notice how they left out the gunpod? Was it just too cool to display to us? I wonder how big it will be compared to the old yf-19 1/60 version?

[...] "Including special "gimmick" effects such as t he leg's Little Lock, cockpit gimmick and even a special new and improved Gun Pod!"

Source: http://www.amiami.jp/shop/?set=english&vgForm=ProductInfo&sku=TOY-RBT-1896&template=default/product/e_display.html