Yamato 1/60 VF-19S/F/P - All Variants

charger69

Geez the vf-19f I ordered from Amazon that was shipped by them but was sold by another seller just came in today. The old lady started threatening a divorce and we got into a big old fight. What tops it all off was they shipped a 19s. REALLY , I should of guessed 263 shipped was too good a deal. More over if I keep it I'm throwing away 80 bucks. Great

wow...hope this is not to personal, but since you told us here...

You shouldn't be worried about recieving the wrong order, or throwing away 80 bucks.. be worried about your marriage.

Thats something, no toy in the world is worth ruining it.

but thats just my own opinion.

So here's the thing, does she always get mad when you buy something for yourself? And how often do you buy things for yourself versus for her? Second, does she dislike all of your collecting habits, or are your collecting habits TOO much? Because if it's the first of both of those, and only the first, she might not be the right woman anyway.

I still can't identify where to look for those cracks on my 19's. I'm especially curious about my 19P since it took a dive off a shelf.

They are underneath the cockpit section. When you bend the cockpit down during the battroid transformation, they are right there.

Got the hinges that were made for the YF-19 in yesterday, and got to modding them today. They needed to be substantially sanded down and the result is that they barely catch the tabs. With that being said, you could possibly reduce the amount needed to be sanded away, by boring out the screw hole. As that is the reason why I needed to sand so much of the back of the hinges off, as the screw holes would not line up.

8828304276_137fea5258_b.jpg

8828270996_5190dded3a_b.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

suppose that this might be an issue with all 1/60 VF-19s down the road? my initial copy has been through a jillion transformations by now,

without even the slightest hint of a problem in this area, let alone any other. this just a simple isolated case perhaps? bad molding?

VF-19Sjohn-6-3-13_zps9ed977ef.jpg

Edited by Shaorin

attachicon.gif19F hinge.jpg

I started working on the new hinge part. I don't think it will be as difficult to get working because this has fewer tricky curves.

Oh, Sweet godsend. My aluminium ones keep failing to fit properly, and I need to start from scratch each time I mess up.

suppose that this might be an issue with all 1/60 VF-19s down the road? my initial copy has been through a jillion transformations by now,

without even the slightest hint of a problem in this area, let alone any other. this just a simple isolated case perhaps? bad molding?

VF-19Sjohn-6-3-13_zps9ed977ef.jpg

It seems like a far less frequent issue then the YF-19 hinge issues. Mine broke due to my cat knocking it off a shelf, not because of wear during transformation. Aside from the very few I've seen in this thread, I've not heard of this happening.

Quick heads up. HLJ's daily sales today has listed the VF-19S Emerald Force for a pretty decent price

http://www.hlj.com/product/YMT00224/Sci

And for anybody who still doesn't own the Macross Quarter, it's been lowered slightly more

still not as good as HKC, but a decent enough alternative for if and when HKC's stock dries up...

Edited by Shaorin

Awesome, thanks for the heads up about the Quarter. Been wanting one, but decided to wait and pick it up last. Good thing I waited, that price is too good to pass up! Even after all that I spent already this month.

• 3 weeks later...

I think we've only seen one or two cases of it, and I believe one was dropped off a shelf to cause the damage in the first place. I wouldn't say it's wide-spread at all, but it's something that can happen if the right pressure is applied. The VF-19's nose is just much easier to detach than the YF-19's, and the plastic is also a higher quality.

The shelf dropped one was mine... damn cat...

Anyway, Shapeways just canceled my order for the part in black. They said that they couldn't make it in that material, so I reordered in the basic unpolished white. If I don't like them that rough, I may reorder in polished white.