DX VF-25 version 2

ff95gj

Don't worry man, I'll be super carefull!

Thanx a lot!

I discussed about the usage of thinner for whitening with a modeller friend, and he actually advised against it. According to him, you would risk making the material brittle after a while...though he admits he is not absolutely certain what exactly would happen to a DX Valk...

Just thought to share... ;)

Has there been any news at all regarding these renewal VF-25's? It's really close to the Ozma release, and there really hasn't been any indication of future releases beyond the web exclusive super packs. Gah, the news came much quicker with the version 1 releases, with a Micheal and Luca super set already annoucned by now :(

I'm waiting for that VF-25g super bundle or the {hopefully} inevitable Ozma Armored Bundle...

I haven't heard anything. I don't see how they can release Michael and Luca's valks without bundling them with Super packs. Theyr'e too intregal to the overall designs. If they release them, I won't skip Luca's this time around.

I discussed about the usage of thinner for whitening with a modeller friend, and he actually advised against it. According to him, you would risk making the material brittle after a while...though he admits he is not absolutely certain what exactly would happen to a DX Valk...

Just thought to share... ;)

The problem is that even a 20$ transformer seems to have better quality matterials than a 170$ Valkyrie, since only Alto from my various collections has turned yellow.

Why oh why haven't they used the same plastic all over the toy? I would much rather have it all yellow than this travesty.

Anyway...please forgive my rant...

On the thinner matter, I guess there's only one way to find out. ;)

The problem is that even a 20$ transformer seems to have better quality matterials than a 170$ Valkyrie, since only Alto from my various collections has turned yellow.

Why oh why haven't they used the same plastic all over the toy? I would much rather have it all yellow than this travesty.

Anyway...please forgive my rant...

On the thinner matter, I guess there's only one way to find out. ;)

These toys are made in ABS and POM, if you understand the characteristics of these different components then you will know why.

I do not think a $20 TF has better materials than the Bandai's.

I have a question about these Bandai Renewal Valks. It seems like I've read a bunch of reports stating broken parts, paint chipping and lose joints. I can't stop looking at these Renwal Valks and I'm so tempted to start collecting them all but I can't seem to take the plunge after reading about the different issues.

I have a solid collection of vintage 1/55's and Yamato V2's (and 1/48's). I have to admit, they are all still packed up nicely in thier boxes. Right now I only plan on setting up all my 1/48 stuff once I get a nice display cabinet sorted. I bring these up because I realize the issues I stated above are things I'd run into if I ever bothered to even take the toys out of thier boxes!

What matters to me are 2 things: when I DO take them out are ....after a few transformations, will I be like...."wtf?".....as well as thier collectability. Do other collecters have the same perception on these toys as I do?

I can't say I have any experience with the Yamato V2s I have since they're still packed. Just off everything I've read...there seem to be way less concens with these revamped releases. I feel very confident with all the Yamato v2s I've aquired. I'm just not getting that feeling with these Bandai's. I'm trying to read up alot more on quality before I just go buying everything that is a Macross Valkyrie like I used too!!

I think the lose joints and stuff is what bothers me the most. It brings back memories of toys that I or my friends had growing up with chipped paint and flopping limbs. Like a limp Toy Story Woody puppet :p

Are all the toys plagued with these potential issues?

Are the issues really that bad or just nitpicky comments?

They are not cheap, so I feel it's worth it to ask those expereinced!!

Thanks!!

Are all the toys plagued with these potential issues?

Are the issues really that bad or just nitpicky comments?

1) Issues of broken parts with the renewal VF-25's are exhaggerated. I only know of a couple instances where the metal hip bar broke, but the majority of people have no issues.

2) Paint is a bit iffy. Some people like myself are fine with the paint job, but others have indicated Bandai didn't do their best job, such as the white gaps you see in fighter mode where Bandai should have painted.

3) The only widespread problem you will encounter, will be loose joints. It uses the same ball joints as the YF-29 and eventually, the shoulders and legs will go loose. But you can fix that problem with a bit of super glue on the joints. There's a video in the YF-29 thread showing you how to tighten the joints. Works like a charm.

But this really is a fantastic toy. Just gorgeous, and Bandai's best effort so far. (Besides maybe the Hi-Metals. Those were pretty good).

Pud333 and jenius,

Thank you so much for the quick responses. The 29 is also the one I prefer of the 2. I'm actually TOTALLY new to Frontier.....but something about the 29....it's different...attracts me. I like Red too. Seems they're all in the $500 (give or take) range. That's mainly why I made my post. Worried about dropping ~$4-500 on a heap....but it sounds like it MIGHT be as good as I'm hoping it is.

I'm still very interested to hear more feedback from others (thanks in advance!)

Thanks again :)

Pud333 and jenius,

Thank you so much for the quick responses. The 29 is also the one I prefer of the 2. I'm actually TOTALLY new to Frontier.....but something about the 29....it's different...attracts me. I like Red too. Seems they're all in the $500 (give or take) range. That's mainly why I made my post. Worried about dropping ~$4-500 on a heap....but it sounds like it MIGHT be as good as I'm hoping it is.

I'm still very interested to hear more feedback from others (thanks in advance!)

Thanks again :)

I guess it's true of any toy that with time you will get some wear and tear. Many of my Valks are packed up and only swapped over to display maybe once or twice a year. Wether it's Yamato or Bandai 1/48 or 1/60 (can't comment on the 1/55 as I don't own one) you will get the occasional disappointment when you open up a box, remove the Valk and discover that joints are a little looser.

I posted a while back about my YF-29 and how loose it had become, likewise with my V2 VF-25. But I still love them and no doubt I will buy more (not at the 400+ the YF-29 is going for).

Both of my newest Bandai offerings were already loose, they do have finishing issues with paint applications that were noticeable. On the flip side they were both considerably cheaper than the VF-19 or the latest VF-17. I'm not sure if I'm explaining this well but at the price I'm happy with my Bandai's and I have tightened the joints and touched up the paint. I would NOT pay Yamato money (latest releases over 20,000 yen) for a DX, the quality just isn't there.

Hope this doesnt enrage anyone, it's just my opinion as a regular guy who has spent lots of money on plenty of Valks.

I understand. I think since my stuff is still boxed, I always maintain that feeling that the toys are still in perfect shape after ALL THESE YEARS!! OFCOURSE THEY ARE....they don't ever see the light of day!! LOL

Like I said though....in the near future....I will start to open stuff up and display it. And I think you're right about always finding something that might not be perfect about a toy. I'm really happy to hear that you can correct the floppyness. That's good enough for me to just about let go of that concern. The paint chipping or broken parts I think will be up to me......meaning, I take my time transforming and NOT transform while I'm intoxitcated!!! :mellow:<_<:blink::rolleyes:

Since I'm just now starting to watch Frontier, I can FEEL the urge....MUST HAVE MUST GET.....

Unfortuantly, it seems I might have to "eat it" if I want a 29....25F seems ok still...and 25S and the rest I can just keep on my radar like everyone else as they come out. My fault for being out of the loop for SOOOO long. It's been since aboutt 1998 that I stopped collecting seriously. I did buy just about ALL the Yamato v1s when they came out...Zzzzzz...

I stopped after that and as you can see by my icon, I shifted to breeding and selling snakes...

Thanks to my brother, I'm back in the Macross mix now. Very refreshing :D

HOORAY FOR VALKYRIES

Yeah I got caught up the frontier hype and I have almost all of the infamous v1 releases...it's a great series and the valk designs are so fresh yet familiar. The v2 is a big step forward and you won't be disappointed.

Snakes..that's cool, In would imagine that can be an expensive hobby as well. Just a coincidence, but on the News this morning the largest constrictor on the continent was measured at 6.5 meters long weighing 130 kilograms. Apparently they feed it 5 times a year and the main coarse is a 20 kilo goat!!

I think macross is safer...

Again, good info (thank you!) :)

I was talking to someone earlier today about the Yamato SDF-1. I've honestly not taken any time to look at it. I've got the Takatoku SDF-1 minty fresh...so I just felt like that's enough SDF 1 for me.

My history of collecting toys always involved paying collector prices on vinitage items. Now that I'm back into it, I'm not as used to getting things when they come out as msrp....although I think I'm about ready for that :) Gonna be waiting with everyone else for the VF-25S renewal...and hopefully get the Yamato VF-4G when it comes out.

Yes, snakes are far more expensive. Difference is, you can breed 2 x $500 snakes together, and get MORE $500 snakes, then sell them :)

It's a shame I can't put a Max and Millia v2 together and get MORE Max and Millia V2s!!!! LOL

Much more risk involved with snakes. Not just lose parts.....they are susectible to DEATH!!! Then what?!?! Then nothing....lol...Superglue my forehead to a wall maybe >.<

it ahould probably be considered last year's macross toy of the year... and that should be the perception of it... although i prefer the 29.

Close call, but I still think the VF-19Kai trumps the v2 VF-25F. Both are great toys though.

Graham

I'd give it to the V2 VF-25 for the combination of broader appeal and much lower MSRP. While the Yamato 19Kai is sort of in a league of its own, it's still a 19Kai toy at the end of the day and it's at a price point where you realize you could have bought an Xbox360 and games. Sure, if the 19Kai was flawless it still might win out but it too gets loose joints and the Gerwalk joint proved fragile. I call it a darn fine runner-up... but a runner-up none-the-less.

Of course, if you're comparing the 19Kai to a $500 Durandal all sorts of stuff gets skewed and the 19Kai starts looking like a much better buy... but I think I paid $180 for my Durandal and VF-25F V2 each and nearly $300 for my Kai.

Edited by jenius

I would saw the Kai, the joints are no where near as bad as bandai's efforts when it comes to looseness, and i have both the v.2 25F and YF-29 and it's sad how fast at least on the 29 the joints got loose while my Kai is still awesome as ever.

Yeah, the joints on my two Kai's are still nice and tight, while the joints on my YF-29's hips are pretty loose despite only being transformed 3-4 times and being posed mostly in fighter mode.

Thankfully, my renewal VF-25F still has tight joints, although it's been a while since I checked.

I'm more of a fighter mode person, so for display tend to keep the majority of my Valks in fighter mode, only occasionally transforming to battroid mode for a bit of play or occasional display in that mode.

I have to say I'm very happy with my renewal VF-25F. Out of the box, I had no problems with the paint application and Tampo printed markings and no parts breakage. I consider the renewal VF-25F a great toy and extremely good value for the price.

Graham

Designing a GREAT Kai while defeating anime magic for the FIRST time = Art.

Designing a GREAT VF-25 in your SECOND try = finally following the bloody CG models.

I love them both, but IMO the Kai (or the VF-19S) is THE toy of the year, even if I liked the 25 more.

So I'm seriously considering taking the plunge and seeing if I can get an Ozma VF-25S with web exclusive fast packs. I passed on the Ozma pre-orders because I was hoping Bandai would release a fastpack set, but seeing as Bandai seems to be repeating the V1 release plan, I'm thinking there will never be a bundle.

So what are my options? The only place I could find that sill has pre-orders is Big Bad Toy Store, but that will run me approx $350 for Ozma and fastpacks. Does anyone know of anywhere else not sold out? Is $350 for the set that bad? Should I take the gamble on Bandai releasing a fastpack bundle? Hope HLJ puts Ozma up again and try to track down a fast pack somewhere else? Any opinions would be appreciated.

^I'm considering doing the exact same thing. $350 seams reasonable I guess for the rarity and awesomeness of this thing, but when I look at what others paid (probably more around $250), I feel a little empty on the inside.

Ah whatever, I might as well do it. Probably my last valk till the VF-4 comes out...

Designing a GREAT Kai while defeating anime magic for the FIRST time = Art.

Designing a GREAT VF-25 in your SECOND try = finally following the bloody CG models.

I love them both, but IMO the Kai (or the VF-19S) is THE toy of the year, even if I liked the 25 more.

I agree. I love my renewal VF-25F. Just love it. It's had more off-shelf time than any other valk this year. HOWEVER, the 19 is in a league of its own. Yamato wins 2011 with the 19.

From an technical standpoint, definitely the VF-19 for creating an anime-accurate toy that simultaneously manages a sleek fighter and chunky battroid (and no ridiculous QC problems!). Designing valkyries from the Plus/7 era must be quite a challenge with all the anime magic involved. Kudos to Yamato for pulling a proverbial rabbit out of the hat!

That said, my personal favorite is still the Renewal VF-25. It's a great, anime-accurate toy, and such a huge leap forward from its pathetic predecessor.

I still love whooshing both around, though. :wub:

post-5703-0-60904000-1326026339_thumb.jpg

So I'm seriously considering taking the plunge and seeing if I can get an Ozma VF-25S with web exclusive fast packs. I passed on the Ozma pre-orders because I was hoping Bandai would release a fastpack set, but seeing as Bandai seems to be repeating the V1 release plan, I'm thinking there will never be a bundle.

So what are my options? The only place I could find that sill has pre-orders is Big Bad Toy Store, but that will run me approx $350 for Ozma and fastpacks. Does anyone know of anywhere else not sold out? Is $350 for the set that bad? Should I take the gamble on Bandai releasing a fastpack bundle? Hope HLJ puts Ozma up again and try to track down a fast pack somewhere else? Any opinions would be appreciated.

I couldn't find any VF-25S renewals up for preorder. If the sales pattern follows the VF-25F, there should be another release shortly after the first batch arrives. I would snatch up the parts, esspecially for the "s". I guess no one can say if Bandai will release the super pack bundels but I think its a safe bet that if they release one, it will be ALTO's valk.

I ordered the parts from Ebay a while agofrom a seller called "BIGINJAPAN". I have used them a few times with exclusives and apart from taking AGES to arrive they have not let me down. I remember I passed up the V1 initial orders for the exclusive super parts and ended up paying double a few months later....

Good Luck!