it's got an ok feel to it but it still reeks of SEED. but I'm also getting a tad bit of a V Gundam feel from it too. Anyone notice Yurina i think is her name looks and sounds an awful lot like Shakti?

Nah, Yurin is closer to Tiffa Adil from Gundam X down to her hair style. But of course people in 1996 might say that Tiffa looks and sounds an awful lot like Shakti :p

So, episode 4.

As expected, Wolf claimed Gundam as his own. Flit strongly disagree with this and thus they duel in nearby asteroid field using paintball gun. And just like that episode in Macross F where Alto having mock battle with Pixie squadron, they're interrupted by a Vaj...err, Gafran. Remember that blue force field that the Gundam passed through on last episode preview? That's an answer of how UE moves undetected. They have advanced cloaking technology that hides their HUGE (seriously huge) mothership. As soon as Gundam and Genoace enter that force field they entirely disappear from Diva's radar. That's the big revelation in this episode. In short, Flit and Wolf escape the onslaught of multiple Gafrans that guarded the ship (which later disappeared again). Wolf acknowledged Flit's skill but pledge that he won't lose etc etc.

Also as expected, it seems that there will be Luna II and Artemis again. The preview shows Grudech arguing with other officer, Emily seems displeased over something, and the Gundam kicking a Genoace.

Oh BTW, in this episode we finally see how Grudech looks like without his hat and visor :p

• 2 weeks later...

I'm liking this show, but there are a few nit-picks.

There are more people hating on this show than liking it :/

Anyways, the Mobile Suits are great, sure they may not seem original in some sense but its Gundam afterall.

Some similarities to other TV shows ... like Macross Frontier, oh noes, Vajra U.E attack! XD

The opening I likey.

~~

Catched up to the latest episode after a holiday in HK. They don't have it dubbed yet it seems, so I got stuck watching Pretty Cure instead.

So much has happened, Flit is acting like any other Gundam heroes (IE SEED Kira), lets hope he doesn't do the "not going to kill anyone" thing like Kira too. Can't wait to see the next episode (7), Titus debut!

Flit's (girl) friend is starting to irritate me... I hope she doens't stay like that through out. :/ "Oh Flint this and that". Girl... just stay by his side instead of doing all those things to keep him by your side. ¬_¬;; (Sorry for the rant!)

The kits are awesome too, take a look at Keita's upcoming Age kit, he made it look abit more... meaner?

http://wemesarion.blog1.fc2.com/blog-entry-937.html

I'm liking this show, but there are a few nit-picks.

There are more people hating on this show than liking it :/

Anyways, the Mobile Suits are great, sure they may not seem original in some sense but its Gundam afterall.

Some similarities to other TV shows ... like Macross Frontier, oh noes, Vajra U.E attack! XD

The opening I likey.

~~

Catched up to the latest episode after a holiday in HK. They don't have it dubbed yet it seems, so I got stuck watching Pretty Cure instead.

So much has happened, Flit is acting like any other Gundam heroes (IE SEED Kira), lets hope he doesn't do the "not going to kill anyone" thing like Kira too. Can't wait to see the next episode (7), Titus debut!

Flit's (girl) friend is starting to irritate me... I hope she doens't stay like that through out. :/ "Oh Flint this and that". Girl... just stay by his side instead of doing all those things to keep him by your side. ¬_¬;; (Sorry for the rant!)

The kits are awesome too, take a look at Keita's upcoming Age kit, he made it look abit more... meaner?

http://wemesarion.blog1.fc2.com/blog-entry-937.html

At least they are more original than "Destiny".

^Because Gundam follows this weird and deranged principle that once a mobile suit is deemed too weak to put up a fight, then it becomes relegated to the role of distraction and cannon fodder as the main Gundam continues to grow more and more powerful.

Genoace Pilot: *Hey, can I have a dots rifle for my unit? :)"

Commander: *NO! That means you might put up a fight against the enemy, and we can't have that!"

Genoace Pilot: *Wha....Wha...Why NOT?!"

Commander: *Because then the Gundam might not have to fight alone, disparaging alone against numerous enemies*

Genoace Pilot: *FFFFUUUUU*

Since I missed this thread earlier...

Anyway, I thought this was a very good first episode. It definitely is aimed at a younger audience I think, but it holds up and is definitely Gundam to the core. I liked the main character Flit, he definitely gets a pass on the accidental civilian pilot trope. Can’t say I’m fond of his character design though.

Emily might have a little bit of Fraw Bow syndrome; we’ll have to see. Most of the other characters seem interesting, especially the pilot for the Genoace mobile suit. Largan I think it was? We’ll have to see the next few episodes for me to really get a handle on the rest of the cast.

There were a couple of stand out scenes in this episode that I liked. The first was the scene where Flit’s mother dies in the first attack by AGE’s Unknown Enemy. Very Batman-esque. She gives him the AGE Device, which is certainly not the cell phone those damn fanboys were complaining about.

I also like the scene in the classroom where Flit tries to explain about how it’s just so logical that the space colony they’re on, Nora, will be attacked by the UE next and how the teacher doesn’t want to hear it. Seems little Flit may be a child-genius but he doesn’t understand how a lot of people’s heads work. Seems like he might be a bit of an outcast at school too, as Emily and this kid named Dique seem to be his only friends.

I also like how Flit isn’t obsessed with the Gundam to the point of being stupid. There’s a flashback scene to his home on the space colony Orvan where Flit is being shown a painting of a Gundam (one that looks a lot like the classic RX-78-2) and is told that the Asuno family have been involved with the legendary Gundams for years. But when the time comes that the UE invades the colony, Flit initially wants the trained military pilot Largan to fly the Gundam before he tries piloting it himself.

Lastly, while the Gundam AGE-1’s debut fight is kinda similar to stuff we’ve seen in First Gundam and SEED, what makes the fight stand out is the way that Flit quite literally shanks one of the UE Gafran MS. It’s actually kinda hilarious. The other two Gafrans blow up their injured comrade and then retreat. I guess this is why the UE are still unknown if they won’t let their tech fall into enemy hands.

What else? I can’t say that I cared much for the opening song of this series. It’s not that it’s a bad song, I just don’t think it fits a Gundam series, even one that’s aimed at a younger audience. But since this is a Gundam series, we’ll have at least two to three opening and closing themes in total, so we’ll see.

I also think that this series might be pulling a Gundam X. What I mean is, Gundam X was depicted as sort of an alternate history of the Universal Century. I think they might be going with that here with all the talk of the Earth Federation, O’Neill Space Colony cylinders and stories about legendary Gundams from the past. We’ll have to see.

I think I could safely say that this is the first Gundam series I’ve seen where I like the grunt and enemy suits more than the Gundam. Hopefully the AGE-2 and -3 will look cooler.

Is "White Wolf" Wolf Eneacle or is it a different guy? In that picture posted by azreal, he doesn't seem old enough at all, especially compared to how much older flit has gotton.

I thought White Wolf was Wolf Eneacle's son or something along those lines....

Same guy. Woolf "White Wolf" Enneacle.

Is "White Wolf" Wolf Eneacle or is it a different guy? In that picture posted by azreal, he doesn't seem old enough at all, especially compared to how much older flit has gotton.

I thought White Wolf was Wolf Eneacle's son or something along those lines....

There is no confirmation yet that white haired dude in red coat is Woolf. His hair and eye color is wrong, no dog ear-shaped hair and most importantly he's not wearing white. I doubt it's Woolf we know.

And for AGE-2 Normal, MS Mode:

5.jpg

Flight (?) Mode:

6.jpg

What I understand from 11th episode is:

DIVA CAN TRANSFORM!! :wub:

P.S.: First Zeta Gundam then Diva, you know what I mean :rolleyes:

I don't think it will transform like macross but will deploy a ultra large beam weapon like the fed ship in "unicorn" or arcangle (seed) a elaborate weapon that will have a extensive assembly sequence culminating in a massive discharge.

I don't think it will transform like macross but will deploy a ultra large beam weapon like the fed ship in "unicorn" or arcangle (seed) a elaborate weapon that will have a extensive assembly sequence culminating in a massive discharge.

I would love to see something like this

9_111107002146_add.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It took thirty years but Gundam is finally ripping off Macross!! LOL

Gundam AGE Episodes 10-12

AGE10-3.jpg

Well here we go with AGE episodes 10-12. I really feel that AGE has finally hit a consistent stride here. No more of this malarkey with Zalam and Euba, except where it's relevant to the overall plot, and we can finally get to the business at hand which is the UE.

AGE10-2.jpg

Episode 10 opens up with something of a sudden battle that wasn't even hinted at last episode. There's lots of good stuff here including the first large-scale battle of the series and Don Boyage and his extremely annoying sidekicks biting the dust. It's not that I don't like Boyage but he got the Oliver Inoue death from Mobile Suit Victory Gundam, where he crashes into a ship and his supposedly heroic sacrifice does nothing, except demonstrate that the UE dreadnought is pretty tough. Flit also gets the Sparrow upgrade (trust me, the Japanese are trying to say Sparrow, they're just doing it wrong, like "Shalon Apple.") but it's no where near as impressive as the Titus in my opinion. Ok, so it goes fast and can use it's green crystal blade that it borrowed from the 00Qan[T] to slice, dice and make julienne fries. Big deal, we've had Gundams like that before. I sadly think that this means that the Titus is going to end up with the crown of Most Awesomely Short-Lived and Useless Gundam Upgrade Ever.

On the character front, Ensign Adams/Ensign Zinger finally comes to terms with the fact that the Feddies aren't going to lift a bloody finger to help out the Diva. Good in a way but I would've liked more of a confrontation, perhaps when the Diva was gearing up for the Ambat invasion.

AGE10-1.jpg

Moving on to episode 11, we finally get to see Yurin again and find out she's been adopted by some guy name Alzeck Birmings, who looks like Sunrise borrowed him from the next pirates of the Caribbean movie. She and Flit get to spend a lot of time together while Emily, the supposed future mother of Flit's son Asem, is working on the Diva. This trips all sorts of death flags for Yurin. The poor girl is unfortunately doomed it seems.

AGE11-1.jpg

Speaking of Emily, she seems to have gotten over her Fraw Bow-itis and is taking charge of things, like getting that Madorna guy to come and upgrade the Diva with something called a Photon Blaster Cannon or in other words an RRBFG (Really, Really Big Fracking Gun). One last interesting thing in this episode is a Federation Inspector who comes to find Grodek and arrest him. Almost manages it too if not for that pesky kid and his Gundam. But he's not done yet because...

In episode 12 he shows up with a fleet! He tries to outmaneuver Grodek but DAT BEARD is just a little too good at playing The Game for Mr. Chocolate Bar. Also the UE pick a convenient, not-at-all-timed-by-the-plot chance to pull off another attack. Grodek and the Diva crew show that we're all just bros in the end by coming to the Feddies rescue which convinces Mr. Chocolate Bar to let them go. At least there's one other honorable officer in the Federation Forces besides Grodek and the late, lamented Cmd. Bruzar.

AGE12-1.jpg

Ah, but the happiness is spoiled by the arrival of Desil and his Sith Lord Guardians, including Yark Dole (dumbest name ever). It seems that young Desil might be something of a bloodhound for these EDEN/UE guys, because they've come for Yurin and threaten her to come with them... or else. You see, it seems that Flit and Yurin and possibly Desil are something called X-Rounders which seem to be this series' version of Newtypes. Now personally, they couldn't have picked a worse name for these guys. X-Rounders? Seriously? What is this, a new X-Men comic book? Look, if anyone from Sunrise happens to be reading this, just because this show is aimed at an audience younger than normal Gundam fare, doesn't mean you have to shoot yourself in the foot. Just 'cause you've already used up Newtype, Coordinator, Extended and Innovator, doesn't mean there aren't other cool names you could have used.

AGE12-2.jpg

Now that we're at this point in the series, things are wrapping up. Episode 13, which I'll be posting right after this, just broadcasted and the final battle of this arc has begun. I could definitely see it lasting another two episodes and then using 16 as a wrap-up to the first arc. As to what will happen after that... who knows. Scans of the characters and mechs from the second arc have already been released and it looks like at least a few characters are making it through. Who will live and who will die? Will we see the tears of time? Find out on the next exciting episode!

Why is it that the Gundam universe seems to be populated by short bishonen protags whose heads are disproportionately larger than their bodies? I understand that pretty boys are the staple of anime, but what's with the kiddie proportions? SEED is the biggest offender, though.

BTW, I haven;t even watched 00 yet. Maybe I'll give AGE a try first, since it's newer and probably easier to track down.

There is no confirmation yet that white haired dude in red coat is Woolf. His hair and eye color is wrong, no dog ear-shaped hair and most importantly he's not wearing white. I doubt it's Woolf we know.

And for AGE-2 Normal, MS Mode:

5.jpg

Flight (?) Mode:

6.jpg

I can already see TF fan customizing this into a Seeker or even TF Prime Megatron, due to the whack-a-mole head alt mode.