• 2 weeks later...

It's not easy victory. Many EF units slaughtered although all named characters survived (even Woolf got damaged). And maybe one or two Darwin-class cruisers sank off-screen. EF got the advantage for being in defensive position, and it's not like their defensive forces inferior to that Vagan. We even saw another Diva-class ship deployed. Needless to say they went all out. Plus they have competent commander, superior tactics and most importantly POWER OF GUNDAM! :p

Edited by reeoyuy

But the Earth forces managed to take out one of the Vegan ship it seems to be a draw it just seams un gundam to have the Earth win that definitively.

I think Flints a dead man I'm sorry but with having the father or both parents dieing as a standard part of most gundams plots means He is going die.

• 2 weeks later...

The plot's thickening by the way as of Episode 24.

* Grodek assasinated by the kid during the Ambat opeeartion.

* Kid from Ambat operation that kills Grodek, also is killed by mysterious people in suits..probably some feddy faction that Grodek was getting evidence on.

* Also, new toys for Asemu to make him equal a X-Rounder? Hmm....... :blink:

Surprisingly, the gundam wiki says that Asemu is classified as an X-Rounder. It really would be awesome if he wasn't an X-Rounder though, and still pwned anyways...

Gundam Wiki is probably jumping the gun. He probably is, but I don't recall them mentioning Asemu's abilities yet. Considering AGE-2's focus on manueverability and Asemu's knack for gun kata and dual weapons, I'd love it if the producers threw in a "What? He destroyed X mobile suits in Y minutes?" (where Y<X). :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

It would help if adult Flit were a little more fleshed out. Maybe with some Treize-style internal monologues? Or if this episode didn't completely ignore all the character drama from the last episode...

Hey here's a thought. Instead of frakkin' Dique finding Asemu about to scarper with the Mu-cell, wouldn't it have been a great scene if ROMARY had caught him instead? 'Course the trick to that is inventing an excuse to get her off the bridge... ah hah! Flit notices the AGE-2 is late launching again and says so. Romary, who's been looking for an excuse to talk to Asemu since he blew her off, personally volunteers to go look for him. On her way to the hangar, she sees him go into the room where the Mu-cell is kept, goes in to find him smashing the case and bob's yer uncle. But that didn't happen because Romary is a plot-device, not an actual character.

Concerning Asemu, my theory is that Wuulf will die in the next episode or two and finally give him the power to become a Super Pilot. It could also underscore how much Asemu and Flit have drifted apart.

This lack of romance in AGE is kinda baffling. I wonder if we'll eventually get the Ikeda Excuse. I mean, just looking back at SEED, which was last generation's flagship show, you really have to wonder. We had Kira/Flay sex scene and tragedy, Athrun and Cagalli, Mu and Murrue's tragic romance, Miriallia/Tolle/Dearka, and the supposed relationship between Kira and Lacus. Smeg, I think at one point I got a vibe that Natarle might also have had a thing for Kira.

If AGE keeps up with how the following generation's kids' hair will match their mother's hair (i.e. Asemu's matching his mother's), then I'm 99% sure that Romary will be the mother of the third generation's protagonist (as he has the same brown hair).

On the other hand, I think that Asemu actually won't get any X-rounder powers and will still succeed, but if he does, he will do it in a way that doesn't involve appeasing his father.

Pineapple Salad is universal.

Mmmkay....See, pineapple salad, requires the use of actual fruit...in and as food. That didn't happen. And the "older mentor" dying ain't new with Gundam.

And there goes my favorite, and most likely the most dynamic character of the series. Wow, why'd they have to kill off Woolf. He gave a breadth of comedy and energy to a series that was taking itself way to seriously imho for what it was, and I really liked the whole mentor student relationship with Asemu.

And the G-Bouncer was cool as well. Altogether, I'm pretty dissappointed... :(

There were so many foreshadowing of that event that a pineapple salad was not even needed. But sometimes, the writters mess with the audience by putting foresshadowing clues but the death never occurred. Ozma survived that.

If AGE keeps up with how the following generation's kids' hair will match their mother's hair (i.e. Asemu's matching his mother's), then I'm 99% sure that Romary will be the mother of the third generation's protagonist (as he has the same brown hair).

On the other hand, I think that Asemu actually won't get any X-rounder powers and will still succeed, but if he does, he will do it in a way that doesn't involve appeasing his father.

What if he's a Z-rounder?? :D

Fun episode, funny how they played with expectations by putting flags on the marriage proposal guy and then do something different.

Nekketsu > wannabe Newtypes

That brings up something (that one marriage proposal guy). Have any of you guys felt that AGE is really bad with names, or is it just me? Having watched almost all the gundam series available, I know the names of almost every little character (and all major ones) from Shiro Amada to Dearka Elsman, but beyond Asemu, Flit, Romary, Zeheart, and Woolf, I can barely remeber the names of anyone else in AGE.

I even had to look up Largan Drace in the season 1 character outlines before I remembered his name....

Laslty, Gundam wiki edited Asemu's page from "X-Rounder" status to "Super Pilot" status. lol

That brings up something (that one marriage proposal guy). Have any of you guys felt that AGE is really bad with names, or is it just me?

It's probably due to the fact that we aren't getting as much time to spend with them as we would a normal linear series. Here we only see the only glimpses of their lives as oppose to previous shows where we followed them for 6-months out of the year (viewer perspective). With AGE, we're only spending 3-months before they move on to the next generation. So perhaps our mental investment isn't as great as it would be with a different series.

Fun episode, funny how they played with expectations by putting flags on the marriage proposal guy and then do something different.

Nekketsu > wannabe Newtypes

He's not out of the woods yet! He still has plenty of time to pay for his proposal.

He's not out of the woods yet! He still has plenty of time to pay for his proposal.

Heh, that is true. Gundam is known to hold a grudge. Poor Flay Allster hid in her room for 40 something episodes, after sleeping with Kira. Didn't save her either.

Heh, that is true. Gundam is known to hold a grudge. Poor Flay Allster hid in her room for 40 something episodes, after sleeping with Kira. Didn't save her either.

But Mu La Flaga came back from the dead after getting blasted head on trying to shield Archangel in Gundam Seed. So anything is possible.

That brings up something (that one marriage proposal guy). Have any of you guys felt that AGE is really bad with names, or is it just me? Having watched almost all the gundam series available, I know the names of almost every little character (and all major ones) from Shiro Amada to Dearka Elsman, but beyond Asemu, Flit, Romary, Zeheart, and Woolf, I can barely remeber the names of anyone else in AGE.

Yes, now that you mention it. For me the minor characters seem to be more like background static than usual. I don't know why that is.

I'd think that most background characters seem more irrelevant that usual because most don't have any significant connections to the plotline imo. For example, the Asemu - Zeheart relationship seems very similar to Kira - Athrun relationship, and each character (Kira and Athrun) had very close buddies on each respective side (Nicol, Dearka, Tal, Mirialia), and each are introduced with some significance to the story (Tal is best friends with Kira, all of athrun's friends steal Gundams, etc.).

In AGE, they just kinda throw most of the team together without very much relevance to the plot. At best, Romary is a plot device (not much more), and the other Adele pilots were kinda randomly introduced as well. If Asemu's buddies from high school became pilots with him, I'm sure I'd remember them more. See, most of AGE's background characters are like the guy who flys the archangel in seed (blue - haired guy). Nobody knows what his name is, but he's always been there....

I even had to look up Largan Drace in the season 1 character outlines before I remembered his name....

Laslty, Gundam wiki edited Asemu's page from "X-Rounder" status to "Super Pilot" status. lol

9bj5ky.jpg

Asemu was really brutal with Desil on this one. I mean already cut to pieces and as a coup de grace vaporized with laser fire.

Edited by grss1982