Definetely give the first season of 00 a try first. It's honestly the best recent AU gundam, as it deviates from the usual "Gundam Plot", and goes for something a little different, many times even making the gundams look like the bad guy.

Of course, season 2 completely ruins it, but give season 1 a try! Gundam AGE, at least to me, feels a lot like all the other gundams out there, with different "special words", and shifting armor rather backpacks for gundam variations...

...(including that one female CIC operator)...

If you're talking about Millais, this month's magazine scans would say otherwise...

Regarding this week's episode,

So Diva can look like the good-olde White Base...and it has a Nahel Argama BFG to boot, too. How interesting.

If you're talking about Millais, this month's magazine scans would say otherwise...

Regarding this week's episode,

So Diva can look like the good-olde White Base...and it has a Nahel Argama BFG to boot, too. How interesting.

Oh, lol, I didn't see her show up in the recent mag scans. Guess I didn't pay close enough attention. I'm more confident about Largan though. I don't think he showed up in the mags, and it seems like he almost bought it in the last episode as well.

Also, ps99042 brings up a good point. Isn't season two set to release in February? If so, I have a feeling this is the last battle for season 1 (or generation 1, whatever). I really don't like how the plot really wasn't all that developed, nor does it really go into why the U.E. are the bad guys. They just kind of labeled them, and told the audience to roll with it. I mean, sure, they defintely could develop the bad guys further in the next few episodes, but I wish they'd done a little more character development with them.

Lastly, unless I'm mistaken, the cool new armor switching capabilities really haven't been used much as of late right? I mean, Titus was used in all of what, 2 episodes? I dunno, maybe everything will change for the better in the next few episodes...

I gotta agree with Archer as they still need to explain and develop, if not all the characters, the UE. Still, we've at least began to see more of them behind the scenes so maybe there's some crazy plot twist coming. At least I haven't been turned off from this series the way I was by season 2 of 00 and I wasn't really into season 1 that much either.

We're finally nearing the end... of the first arc! There's been some highs and some lows and this last arc seems to gearing up for a Gundam-style high octane finisher. As the picture above indicates, Desil suits up at the end of the episode to get in his Zedas and wreck some crap. And of course, right behind him, being restrained by the EDEN Sith Lords, is poor Yurin. Now if they don't actually end up killing her in the next episode or the one after that, I will be enormously and pleasantly surprised. But having said that, I'm 98% certain that she will die, that she and Flit will have a Lockon and Anew moment right before Desil blows her up like the little brat he is. I almost think that this HAS to happen because I'm not sure if they could have Yurin survive and have Emily end up as Flit's wife and the mother of his son.

Anyway, as far as episode 13 is concerned, the battle of this arc begins as the Diva and their Zalam/Euba allies engage the UE's mysterious space fortress Ambat. The mysterious UE Dreadnought shows up from some optical camoflouge and strangely enough, as big as it is, it doesn't absolutely wreck the Diva and the other ships. Doesn't really matter as the Diva's secret upgrade is revealed: The Diva is a new model of Macross!! No, not really but it does turn into...

AGE13-2.jpg

Yep, that's right. It turns into White Base. Really Sunrise? Are you so worried about how AGE is going that you need all these wink wink nudge nudge visual UC references? Now some of you might say I'm being too anal about this but that's why it's my opinion and everyone's is different. I mean, it's not even a CREATIVE redesign of the White Base, not like the Archangel from Gundam SEED. So no, I don't really care for the Diva's Assault Landing Mode, I actually do prefer the way it used to be and I'm now kinda worried that we're going to get some kind of Argama ripoff in the second arc and a Nahel Argama or Ra Cailum ripoff in the third arc.

Moving on, the battle was really good with the Zalam and Euba suits finally getting equipped with proper weapons and actually getting some. Largan and Wuulf also get some but they've also thrown up some death flags so we'll see what happens. Flit does some more conscious Newtype syuff (I refuse to use the term X-Rounder) and awesomely 'splodes a whole cluster of UE MS. We see Yark Dole in a patently ridiculous outfit and some other kid we've never seen before talk strategy and Yark even says that the Diva looks like a "Trojan Horse." (rolls eyes)

AGE13-3.jpg

The Diva then unleashes its supermegaultrastupendousawesomecool BFG cannon and decimates the UE ship Fa Bose. But at the last minute a section detaches and heads straight for the Diva! At the last moment its blown to crap by the Hyper Mega Cannon of Mukured madorna and his custom red Shalldol.

AGE13-4.jpg

Hmm, a white-haired guy in a red MS? This possible reference I'm actually cool with and the fact that this guy has such wonderful toys. The good guys regroup to attack but waiting in the wings are Decil and--

AGE13-5.jpg

Oh poor Yurin!! But it is possible she might survive, because I saw a picture of a new UE type that is colored in pink and purple. We'll see although i think we're more likely to see the tears of time.

All in all this was an awesome episode marred only by bad UC references. Its been said that the second arc will begin with episode 16 so we've only got two more episodes to go for this arc, although if I was in charge, I'd use 14 and 15 for the last battle, 16 as the wrap up and use 17 as the first of the second arc episodes. In any case, here's hoping that this'll be one heckuva finale!

:)

CORRECTION: The pink UE suit seems to show up at Ambat so Yurin is probably doomed.

:(

Definetely give the first season of 00 a try first. It's honestly the best recent AU gundam, as it deviates from the usual "Gundam Plot", and goes for something a little different, many times even making the gundams look like the bad guy.

Of course, season 2 completely ruins it, but give season 1 a try! Gundam AGE, at least to me, feels a lot like all the other gundams out there, with different "special words", and shifting armor rather backpacks for gundam variations...

Well I guess I have to offer the obligatory counterpoint. If you want to watch Gundam 00 while waiting for episodes of AGE, I would recommend watching the whole show. If you don't you might just be a tad confused when you watch the 00 movie.

Thanks for the recommendations. I'll definitely give 00 a try. As for AGE, the more I learn about it, the less interested I am in watching it. The seems pretty generic, and the character designs keep reminding me of other anime characters.

Most of the Gundams are fit to be painted into Convoy or Megatron,

For kit-bashing, Gundam head sculpts are perfect for deluxe class Optimus figs, while the transforming ones are good for Cybertronian mode Seekers, since they all have futuristic jet alt modes. Not so sure about Megatron, though, as his head sculpt is pretty different.

For kit-bashing, Gundam head sculpts are perfect for deluxe class Optimus figs, while the transforming ones are good for Cybertronian mode Seekers, since they all have futuristic jet alt modes. Not so sure about Megatron, though, as his head sculpt is pretty different.

For Optimus head, HG G-Exes will be a perfect choice. There's no need to customize anything, just paint it ^_^

62845f64-s.jpg

For Optimus head, HG G-Exes will be a perfect choice. There's no need to customize anything, just paint it ^_^

This just gave me an idea. If I can still get my hands on this kit, I might be able to use its head to replace that aweful-looking one on TF United Laser Optimus.

What scale is this kit, BTW?

Honestly, I've only seen about about two thirds of 00's first season (I got up to a couple episodes after they introduce the thone gundams), but from what I did see of the polt it's basically Gundam Wing with Newtypes.

What scale is this kit, BTW?

High Grade is always in 1/144 scale.

but from what I did see of the polt it's basically Gundam Wing with Newtypes.

Not really. That's just what early half of season 1 looks like. Wing is about guerrilla warfare without any specific goal other than breaking free from oppression. Meanwhile the Gundams intervention in 00 is part of hundred years plan.

Back to the topic, I hope AGE will also have interesting conspiracy plot regarding the UE, especially with 3 generations story.

From MechaTalk: G-Exes, transform and roll-out!!

http://img525.images...22523554081.png

Might make a nice WFC Orion Pax. The slim, athletic build fits the character's library clerk turned aspiring freedom fighter bio.

High Grade is always in 1/144 scale.

That's a little small even for a deluxe Optimus' head. But maybe if I sanded down the ball joint....

Prime custom here we come :) .

I've seen some pretty awesome seekers and Optimus custom out there that were made from Gunpla. I was planning to turn MG Exia into a Cybertronian Optimus, but so far I haven;t found any of the kits on sale. Can't bring myself to pay full price for a kit, only to kitbash the hell out of it, especially considering my rudimentary customizing skills.

Oops, sorry for going way off track; this IS supposed to be a Gundam thread, after all.

Edited by GU-11

Why she got into the MS in the first place (to see flit again is a lol reason) when she knew she'd have to fight him. Well, she is an X-Rounder, but not the most rational one imho

Uh, she didn't board the MS on her own will. She was clearly forced to. Desil was basically using her as X-Rounder battery, to amplify his own X-Rounder power. And that's what make it even sadder and shows how crazy Desil is.

We're finally nearing the end... of the first arc! There's been some highs and some lows and this last arc seems to gearing up for a Gundam-style high octane finisher. As the picture above indicates, Desil suits up at the end of the episode to get in his Zedas and wreck some crap. And of course, right behind him, being restrained by the EDEN Sith Lords, is poor Yurin. Now if they don't actually end up killing her in the next episode or the one after that, I will be enormously and pleasantly surprised. But having said that, I'm 98% certain that she will die, that she and Flit will have a Lockon and Anew moment right before Desil blows her up like the little brat he is. I almost think that this HAS to happen because I'm not sure if they could have Yurin survive and have Emily end up as Flit's wife and the mother of his son.

Anyway, as far as episode 13 is concerned, the battle of this arc begins as the Diva and their Zalam/Euba allies engage the UE's mysterious space fortress Ambat. The mysterious UE Dreadnought shows up from some optical camoflouge and strangely enough, as big as it is, it doesn't absolutely wreck the Diva and the other ships. Doesn't really matter as the Diva's secret upgrade is revealed: The Diva is a new model of Macross!! No, not really but it does turn into...

AGE13-2.jpg

Yep, that's right. It turns into White Base. Really Sunrise? Are you so worried about how AGE is going that you need all these wink wink nudge nudge visual UC references? Now some of you might say I'm being too anal about this but that's why it's my opinion and everyone's is different. I mean, it's not even a CREATIVE redesign of the White Base, not like the Archangel from Gundam SEED. So no, I don't really care for the Diva's Assault Landing Mode, I actually do prefer the way it used to be and I'm now kinda worried that we're going to get some kind of Argama ripoff in the second arc and a Nahel Argama or Ra Cailum ripoff in the third arc.

Moving on, the battle was really good with the Zalam and Euba suits finally getting equipped with proper weapons and actually getting some. Largan and Wuulf also get some but they've also thrown up some death flags so we'll see what happens. Flit does some more conscious Newtype syuff (I refuse to use the term X-Rounder) and awesomely 'splodes a whole cluster of UE MS. We see Yark Dole in a patently ridiculous outfit and some other kid we've never seen before talk strategy and Yark even says that the Diva looks like a "Trojan Horse." (rolls eyes)

AGE13-3.jpg

The Diva then unleashes its supermegaultrastupendousawesomecool BFG cannon and decimates the UE ship Fa Bose. But at the last minute a section detaches and heads straight for the Diva! At the last moment its blown to crap by the Hyper Mega Cannon of Mukured madorna and his custom red Shalldol.

AGE13-4.jpg

Hmm, a white-haired guy in a red MS? This possible reference I'm actually cool with and the fact that this guy has such wonderful toys. The good guys regroup to attack but waiting in the wings are Decil and--

AGE13-5.jpg

Oh poor Yurin!! But it is possible she might survive, because I saw a picture of a new UE type that is colored in pink and purple. We'll see although i think we're more likely to see the tears of time.

All in all this was an awesome episode marred only by bad UC references. Its been said that the second arc will begin with episode 16 so we've only got two more episodes to go for this arc, although if I was in charge, I'd use 14 and 15 for the last battle, 16 as the wrap up and use 17 as the first of the second arc episodes. In any case, here's hoping that this'll be one heckuva finale!

:)

CORRECTION: The pink UE suit seems to show up at Ambat so Yurin is probably doomed.

:(

Reading all that was kinda funny.

If you didnt like all the UC references which I think makes this crappy show better how do you like when they start with the Double 00 references :lol:

111.jpg

I see each of the age generations as kind of a UC + 00 amalgation with a creative new plot. For example, generation 1 was rx-78-2 with a nice 00 aesthetic construction to it (much like 0 gundam), generation 2 is zeta gundam with some 00 aesthetics to it (kyrios + exia?), and generation 3 (if that gundam pic that was leaked is true) is ZZ gundam with some 00 aesthetics to it (nadleeh or seravee?).

I dunno, but I wouldn't mind an AGE-2 or AGE-3 Perfect Grade gundam. They really need to put out one of those this year or something....

It's really not a bad series so far. but it does feel a tad rushed in development of the characters cause we're having to go through 100 years of this universe.

However, that MG Gundam AGE does look good. If the A on the chest lit up, I'd be sold in a heart beat.

Character designs look nice, but overall this looks like trash to me. UC only for this guy, FTR. :rolleyes:

Yeah, because anything that is UC is instantly guaranteed to be good :rolleyes: *looks at G-Saviour*

However, that MG Gundam AGE does look good. If the A on the chest lit up, I'd be sold in a heart beat.

The cockpit is right behind that. Just like the chest orb in Wing Zero Katoki version. In fact, that white portion where the A located is actually the cockpit door. So it's impossible to use the now-standardized LED light system for that; unless Bandai ditched the cockpit details or designing an entirely new wiring and LED for that A symbol.

Yeah, because anything that is UC is instantly guaranteed to be good :rolleyes: *looks at G-Saviour*

Didn't watch G-Saviour, Gundam is anime, not a live-action B-movie. I can't get over the aesthetic choices they made for this and it's all very tired, hero sees loved one get killed, boy hero gets in mech, see where I'm going with this? 00 appealed to me somewhat, but I didn't watch more than a few episodes.