The Ford/Mazda connection is still pretty obvious. I love the aggressive front end treatment of the upcoming Fusion--it looks out of place on a mid-size family mover, in fact. But aside from the front end, hood and tail lights, pretty much everywhere else--overall proportions, shapes, panel line angles/placement--the '13 Fusion is well nigh indistinguishable from the current Mazda 6--which is due for an update!

That's bound to happen when you share platforms, i think the new Fusion is going to be a hit personally, I think it takes what was great about the 6 and follows it up with the right touches. The Aston Martin inspired front grill i think is the most attractive piece of the car, and if they really do stick with the I4 (w/turbo options) over the V6 then that would be a smart move.

Edited by emajnthis

why was the pizza planet truck from toy story in there?

I think the more important question would be: why the FU*K would someone try to make their truck look like the Pizza Planet truck from Toy Story?

ed - actually, hindsight says that: if it's an old, clapped out, rusted POS dog of a truck on its last leg to begin with, then dressing it up to look like that was probably done to help hide the fact that it was an old, clapped out rusted POS dog of a truck on its last leg...mebbe.

Edited by reddsun1

Wait wait--the Pizza Planet one is *awesome*. Because Pizza Planet.

Yes, awesome.

.. the burnout vid got boring after the first pass, now if it got a bit too much traction and smacked the wall, Id like it a lot better

I lost all pics of my car and its debilitated right now in the garage. But this is my baby(well not actually mine but identical). 2002 Camaro SS black leather 6sp. About 3 years ago i took the trans out replaced the clutch threw a ford 9" in the rear with a detroit locker and never finished what was in between. Ran 13.0@110 with kooks headers and full exhaust only on street tires. God it needs to get back on the road. only 29k miles on it. and I just looked in it and theres mold on the seats...... :(

post-11570-0-68971900-1333643419_thumb.jpg

I'm really liking Nissan's new design for the 2013 Altima! The only complaint is the apparent unavailability of a manual transmission. Hopefully, the coupe will be redesigned as well and will retain the option of having a manual transmission. I haven't owned a car with an automatic transmission in twenty years and I'd actually prefer to keep it that way.

The new Viper has been revealed.

Bears more than a passing resemblance to the Callaway C12. :huh:

6198814989_309dbbae6d_z.jpg

Something of a rare miss for Chrysler's Ralph Gilles--a noted Viper fan, IIRC--who has otherwise done loads of good for revitalizing Chrysler's performance image/heritage...

Edited by reddsun1

New Viper looks good in a Ferrari FF kinda way in the front. But those LED driving lights should be stacked a bit more simplier than large L shapes. More car manufacturers are using LED driving lights in more complicated shapes and layouts. It would not be too long before the lights form words or logos on the hood of cars.

The new Viper has been revealed.

Gah, she pronounced NACA as "naca". It's en-ay-cee-ay. Just like CIA is "cee-eye-ay" and not "siah" or the ACT test is the ay-cee-tee and not the "act" test. NACA is an acronym, not a word. USAF is not "ooh-saf".

New Viper looks good in a Ferrari FF kinda way in the front.

I still find it strange to realize that the Viper like all Ferrari's are now essentially FIATs. Could end up seeing tech spill overs between the two in time.

I think the more important question would be: why the FU*K would someone try to make their truck look like the Pizza Planet truck from Toy Story?

ed - actually, hindsight says that: if it's an old, clapped out, rusted POS dog of a truck on its last leg to begin with, then dressing it up to look like that was probably done to help hide the fact that it was an old, clapped out rusted POS dog of a truck on its last leg...mebbe.

That wasn't a real truck, it was a screencap of the truck from Toy Story 2.

Gah, she pronounced NACA as "naca". It's en-ay-cee-ay. Just like CIA is "cee-eye-ay" and not "siah" or the ACT test is the ay-cee-tee and not the "act" test. NACA is an acronym, not a word. USAF is not "ooh-saf".

Broads don't belong in broadcasting.

I'll admit I usually pronounce it "naca" as well, much like most people pronounce NASA "nasa." But it is irksome when people refer to a high perf car as having "NASA" ducts... *rolleyes*

Edited by reddsun1

Part of the problem is that NASA calls itself "Nasa" and the NACA had a similar mandate. But NACA is letter-by-letter, like nearly every other gov't agency. FAA is FAA, not "fah".

But yeah--it's a pure aerodynamic term, that most automotive people/groups don't know the origin/pronunciation of. Like pitot or vernier. :)

that guy with the Z06 was HEE-LARIOUS! "it's gonna be quite a smokey show..." "...that was not the tires." :lol:

the guy in the older, blue Z06 was a real a$$hat. there's about 5 or 10 mins of video before that colossal blunder, with him trying to powerslide and smoke the tires around corners and such--on public roads, sometimes with oncoming traffic. Hooning is one thing, but doing it in traffic and jeapordizing innocent others--makes me feel NO sympathy for the di*k...

that guy with the Z06 was HEE-LARIOUS! "it's gonna be quite a smokey show..." "...that was not the tires." :lol:

the guy in the older, blue Z06 was a real a$$hat. there's about 5 or 10 mins of video before that colossal blunder, with him trying to powerslide and smoke the tires around corners and such--on public roads, sometimes with oncoming traffic. Hooning is one thing, but doing it in traffic and jeapordizing innocent others--makes me feel NO sympathy for the di*k...

Typical Vette owners... Though obviously going upmarket doesn't require brains either.

Wait...I don't get it...What was that? What was he trying to do? WHAT A FRAKKING IDIOT!

my car takes Premium gas 91 octane since it has a super charger 99 Buick regal. I have never got the car going fast enough to turn the supercharger on and only go highway speeds 60 MPH. would it hurt my car if I use mid grade Gas 89 octane because premium is $3.89 a gallon i'm hurting.

my car takes Premium gas 91 octane since it has a super charger 99 Buick regal. I have never got the car going fast enough to turn the supercharger on and only go highway speeds 60 MPH. would it hurt my car if I use mid grade Gas 89 octane because premium is $3.89 a gallon i'm hurting.

Your supercharget doesn't go off and on. It is always on, even if you can't hear the whine or feel a surge.

I don't know much about that particular engine, so I can't give any particular advice...but I'd stick with higher octane fuel if I were you.

Generally, when 'charged (turbo or super), you really do want the better knock resistance of higher octane premium. That's the price we have to pay to have these fun toys. Knocking leads to predetonation, and could ultimately destroy the engine. The best you can do is try to make what you have go further, ie: don't floor it, coast up to stoplights, air up the tires a bit more. Take a search for 'hypermiling' to get some good economy tips. For my WRX, going easy on the go-pedal, bumping up the tire pressure an extra 5psi, and using Marvel Mystery Oil in the fuel has netted an extra 60 miles per tank, or in other words, $8.60. Yes, gas here is $4.29 a gallon for premium :(

i know i'm late on the Viper thing, but a nod to their Fiat influence is the Alfa Romeo style center grill triangle post. I'm actually very impressed with the styling, it definitely has a more german/italian appeal to it but doesn't take away from the fact that its roots are/were American. Not a lot of good shots of the interior, but hopefully they did a bunch of work there because the Viper interiors were always junk.

Your supercharget doesn't go off and on. It is always on, even if you can't hear the whine or feel a surge.

I don't know much about that particular engine, so I can't give any particular advice...but I'd stick with higher octane fuel if I were you.

Exactly. Looks like someone's been watching Mad Max again, lol...