Is it me the only one thinking the designs coming from this Italian manufacturer are less then pleasing then the Korean manufacturer

Perhaps. But you gotta admit--the fascia on the Ferrari evokes a much more haughty smirk.

Cripes--it's like a fuggin charicature for an upcoming installment of Pixar's CARS...

ed: the Kia looks like it's trying to manage a scowl *grrrr! don't mess with me, man--I got sports seats!*

Edited by reddsun1

Is it me the only one thinking the designs coming from this Italian manufacturer are less then pleasing then the Korean manufacturer

Not my favorite Ferrari, but it still looks pretty good. I DO think KIA is making huge strides in design though.

Cripes--it's like a fuggin charicature for an upcoming installment of Pixar's CARS...

I was waiting for someone else to say it :p

new mondial comes o mind, I think Lambo has taken a lead in the Italian stable and I have always been a Ferrari fan

in

I was waiting for someone else to say it :p

new mondial comes o mind, I think Lambo has taken a lead in the Italian stable and I have always been a Ferrari fan

Indeed. The Aventador has made Lambo's truly lust-worthy again. What does that roughly translate to again? "kicks a$$ and takes names" or something to that effect?

I think Kia and Hyundai are the new Toyota and Nissan [or Honda, etc], i.e. I think this point of automotive history will be looked back upon as a period of ascendancy for them [at least in the States, I think].

Edited by reddsun1

taking my mom to test drive the new Kia Optima next Friday---oddly I'm kinda pumped up about it. :o ...normally loathe car shopping in general...

I like car shopping. In some ways, looking at daily drivers the average joe might buy is more fun to me than looking at super cars I'm unlikely to afford in this lifetime.

That said, what's up with the new Optima? I'm not saying they're bad, but I was unaware of anything particularly stand-out about them.

Then again, maybe it's just Korea's time. Hyundai has certainly gone from making cars you buy because they're affordable to making cars that are actually desireable.

EDIT: Looked at it on Kia's site. To each his own, but I'm not really a fan of the front end. Reminds of the Sportage... and I wasn't really digging it then, either. Rest of the car's not bad.

Edited by mikeszekely

Thanks for the interest guys...mom has had an 04 Kia Optima she bought new and so she wants another Kia. She's had zero problems with it and the dealership is clammering to get their hands on low mileage 04's apparently.... FIne by me....however...gotta let a playa play as they say, so me being the car nut in the family, we are going to drive the new Sonata...maaaybe go by the Ford and Chevy dealers as well...just so she has something to compare the new Optima with. Mind you, mom is looking at $$$ first, and everything else second! LOL! :rolleyes:

I gotta say----I'm in the Sonata camp so far....that's one good looking car IMHO!

Edited by derex3592

Ferrari has unveiled its latest front-engined supercar and, reportedly, the fastest Ferrari ever built: the F12berlinetta. Under the hood is a 6.3 liter V12 that generates 730 bhp and 509 lb-ft torque. And with a curb weight of 3,362 lbs., the F12berlinetta goes from 0-60 in 3.1 seconds and does a top speed of 211 mph.

2012-Ferrari-F12berlinetta-Front-Angle-1920x1440.jpg

2012-Ferrari-F12berlinetta-Side-1920x1440.jpg

2012-Ferrari-F12berlinetta-Rear-And-Side-1920x1440.jpg

2012-Ferrari-F12berlinetta-Dashboard-1920x1440.jpg

2012 Ferrari F12berlinetta

wow is Ferrari behind the times in performance and a bit in styling. I actually like the styling on this car, except maybe the headlights, but it still seems dated. Lambo is definitely taking the horse to the glue factory

People will be all over it because its a Ferrari, but like I said before, if this were the new Mazda or Honda or Nissan sports car, people would fall over laughing at it.

People will be all over it because its a Ferrari, but like I said before, if this were the new Mazda or Honda or Nissan sports car, people would fall over laughing at it.

it looks like a fat kid grinning from the front a fat ass in a thong from the rear.