Happy Thanksgiving!

Max Jenius

Quiet year, get along with my family, new girlfriend, and finally some more college progress.

Being most of the way through this horrible semester, even though I might be in college another year (everyone has to get a C- in one class to take the next one and only half the class gets a C- or above).

Being with family, and moving (possibly, I still haven't decided) away from the roommate.

Tis kinda late to be adding a reply...but I'll add one anyway.

I'm going through some rough times right now, especially with the ex...but despite that...I'm thankful for having felt loved by another (besides the members in my family). And I'm thankful for having friends who do care about me.... I'm thankful for being able to live in a free country...and I'm thankful for the people who protect that freedom. And last but not least, I'm thankful for Macross (II). ^_^

Happy Thanksgiving from China! my long visit here has caused me to miss Halloween and Thanksgiving, luckily I will make that all up with a 3 day ski trip when I get back! woot!

btw, there are no turkeys in China...at least none that I know of...and I had fish today of all things. :lol: But it was damn good fish...from what I understand, something you can't buy normally in the states.

Hmmmmmmm.......... what do I have to be thankful for? Well just a few things. I got my confidence back. (though I'm trying not to behave like an arrogant pr*ck. Wonder why that happened) Learnt a few things about people. Survived one really pain in the @$$ year in the UNI. And everything went pretty well. Well except for this one prick on ebay who ripped me off recently. If he doesn't reply soon, I'll let all of you know who he is so everyone can be careful.

Anyway I'm thankful for surviving this one year.

Well, I celebrated Thanksgiving over my cousin's place in Palmdale. Had a chance to watch X2. The film was actually pretty good, even though it still screws up the original Marvel continuity and there were too many major characters relegated to minor roles (Come on! Colossus and Shadowcat should be full-fledged X-Men, not just students of the school.). And Iceman shouldn't even be dating Rogue - in the comics, he was with a Japanese girl who had ties with a cyborg Yakuza clan (X-Factor issues 63-64). Jean's death on this film was not really a good way of introducing the Phoenix in the next film, as nothing space-related occured.

I also got to watch Bruce Almighty. While not as funny as Liar Liar and Me, Myself and Irene, or as groundbreaking as The Truman Show, it's still one of Jim Carrey's better works.

And Iceman shouldn't even be dating Rogue - in the comics, he was with a Japanese girl who had ties with a cyborg Yakuza clan (X-Factor issues 63-64).

thats why i hope Remy (Gambit) comes in next movie to player hate bobby and take Rogue, just like in the books.... ;)

they were alway my faves ( Rogue and Gambit).... :)

thats why i hope Remy (Gambit) comes in next movie to player hate bobby and take Rogue, just like in the books.... ;)

they were alway my faves ( Rogue and Gambit).... :)

I stopped reading Marvel comics altogether during the time Gambit was hitting on Rogue (around 1993-94). Did they go any further? Last time I checked, there were suspicions of Remy being immune to Rogue's absorbing powers.

I'm glad that I didn't eat turkey.

I don't hate turkey (I love left over turkey in a sandwich) but I hate knowing a year in advanced what I'm gonna have for dinner.

Nothing is more unappetizing to me then the traditional American dinner (Pot roast, stew, meatloff, kitchen in oven etc). Thanksgiving is a celebration of unappetizing bland food. I don't want to be bound by some tradition that says I have to eat a certain meal on a certain day.

:p

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving, "Bland" food and all (I dunno what the heck Roy's talking about. At our home, we solve blandness with Hot Sauce :D ) I spent mine laughin my butt off with family and friends. And that's how Thanksgiving should be, IMO)

Funniest part about last night is when a friend joked about me sayin if my girl curse my love of Macross, I might hurt her feelings. Heheh. I can't confirm nor deny the validity of his statement........ ;)

I'm glad that I didn't eat turkey.

I don't hate turkey (I love left over turkey in a sandwich) but I hate knowing a year in advanced what I'm gonna have for dinner.

Nothing is more unappetizing to me then the traditional American dinner (Pot roast, stew, meatloff, kitchen in oven etc). Thanksgiving is a celebration of unappetizing bland food. I don't want to be bound by some tradition that says I have to eat a certain meal on a certain day.

:p

Sounds like you don't know any good cooks... :rolleyes:

why does it have to be turkey? i had ham. and honestly there are more different ways to do a "traditional" thanksgiving turkey than you might well imagine. and you'd probably be surprised how easily you might convince your family to try something different.