HLJ's Yamato Spring Clearance Sale

UN Spacy

Hmmm...that's a tough one. I agree with you on both accounts, but if I had to choose I'd go with Kakizaki's VF-1A. Sure the CF looks great, but I think it's better to complete the Vermillion Squad.

Ditto - go with Max and Kakizaki.

I love seeing my Vermillion Squad posed on the shelf. ^_^

-b.

Thanks to Uncle Sam's refund I'm picking up Gamlin, the Max TV A and the weathered Tomahawk (been wanting a Tomahawk so freakin' bad!). It eats my ACEN budget but it's more than I could have afforded there anyway, assuming of course I could even find half this stuff....

Why in the HELL does nobody carry the yamato ingram unit 2 anymore? I have unit 1, I built my 1/24 pit-road command car, I really don't want to turn to ebay, when did HLJ sell out on the unit 2? Did they even carry it? It seems like everyone has the unit 1 in stock even though it was the first release, I am sad.

augh!

can't believe i'm actually agonizing on this sale.

already bought the Ghost and the damn overpriced foldildo.

now i'm getting the urge to get the M&Ms, 0A, Max/Kaki TV, and Max/Kaki DYRL, too.

ARRRGGGHHH!!!

must. stay. strong...

you know, i'm still a bit weirded out that the yf-21 is still pricey. it doesn't even come with the stand anymore. :sigh:

if hlj put the YF-21 under 7k-y, i will snag it right away.

Why in the HELL does nobody carry the yamato ingram unit 2 anymore? I have unit 1, I built my 1/24 pit-road command car, I really don't want to turn to ebay, when did HLJ sell out on the unit 2? Did they even carry it? It seems like everyone has the unit 1 in stock even though it was the first release, I am sad.

I feel the same, but not about Patalabor, but about the SDF-1, I was an ass and delayed too long when I should have acted when they were in low stock, now it's probably discontinued and it's impossible for my wife to go looking for one now thanks to the disaster. Ebay is my only hope for an SDF-1 as I've been eyeing Shin's VF-0 Ghost set for forever and a half.

I'll pass on this sale, I'm just not in the mood of buying toys right now :(

I can understand this. Maybe it's selfish justification but I see it as putting some extra money into their economy during a tough time.

I feel the same, but not about Patalabor, but about the SDF-1, I was an ass and delayed too long when I should have acted when they were in low stock, now it's probably discontinued and it's impossible for my wife to go looking for one now thanks to the disaster. Ebay is my only hope for an SDF-1 as I've been eyeing Shin's VF-0 Ghost set for forever and a half.

E-Bay seller h_ray has 12 of them in stock.

http://cgi.ebay.com/YAMATO-MACROSS-SDF-1-1-3000-scale-Do-you-remember-love-/300530424221?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item45f902599d

The price isn't that much more expensive than what AmiAmi and HLJ's listings.

I've heard that it's going to be re-issued. IIRC...

geezus!

Yen-US$ exchange-rate going stupidly worse today...

:angry:

Oh poo, yeah, you're right. 77JPY for 1USD.

E-Bay seller h_ray has 12 of them in stock.

http://cgi.ebay.com/YAMATO-MACROSS-SDF-1-1-3000-scale-Do-you-remember-love-/300530424221?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item45f902599d

The price isn't that much more expensive than what AmiAmi and HLJ's listings.

Yeah, I see them there a lot, but I'm still unsure. I have to wait till my family comes back because we're gonna buy a new car for wifey and then pay for insurance which will jump a bit since I got a speeding ticket back in December, not sure if the traffic school will make a difference. I got a hefty tax return coming in too, but I'll sit on that. Man, having kids pays off once a year only. :lol:

Man! That earthquake video is scary. I can't imagine how people felt there.

Best of wishes to our japanese homies. They're the kind people that give us technology and entertainmet

without limits.

BTW going on tour to Hobbylink's headquarters would be like Disneyland to me :D

hey guys

The sale at hlj has the vf-22 millia type for under 110 dollars shipped sal.... is sal a safe thing? I hear there is no tracking number ? how long does it take anyone one ever use it?

Edited by fung430

hey guys

The sale at hlj has the vf-22 millia type for under 110 dollars shipped sal.... is sal a safe thing? I hear there is no tracking number ? how long does it take anyone one ever use it?

I used Sal twice and it's safe IMO, I got my stuff just fine. I forgot I had it coming(doesn't mean it took forever) since I was pretty busy during the shipping process.

hey guys

I've used SAL for 10+ years and never had a single problem.

My shipments usually arrive after ten days. You just have to be patient. :mellow:

For those who has questions about the sales and the quake.

http://www.hlj.com/specials/sendaiearthquake

HLJ has started a disaster relief program with the help of Red Cross.

http://hlj.us1.list-manage.com/track/click?u=f60cb1eee37a8df2b5c8e588c&id=ee74774fd1&e=8077d816df

Never had a problem with SAL either, though it has taken several weeks to arrive most of the time. A few times it did arrive very fast like Eugimon and UN Spacy said.

HLJ, just sent me my shipping notification for my Max VF-22 via FedEx. Let's see how long it takes to get here.

Chris

Edited by Dobber

My order from AmiAmi contain a VB-6 and some gunpla. It was placed a few days before the earth quake and I expected it to be stuck at Tokyo for while, but it reached Toronto on Monday (14th). However it is still there 3 days later, may be they don't have enough Geiger counter... :ph34r:

Edited by CF18

HLJ has started a disaster relief program with the help of Red Cross.

http://hlj.us1.list-manage.com/track/click?u=f60cb1eee37a8df2b5c8e588c&id=ee74774fd1&e=8077d816df

Yeah, I jumped on that, didn't know they reissued the original Valkyrie artwork book so figured why not, I didn't have a toy in mind, need to train my daughter in the ways of Macross while she's young when she gets back and picture books work best! :lol:

:sigh:

just as the US$-Yen exchange-rate moved back up to last week's early 80s from the insane 70s yesterday, hlj's sale-price/discount-rate then goes down minus 2% in response...

:blink:

:angry:

well, purchase yer stuff now before the sale-price become any more irritating to let the scalpers win. if you still got some money to spare, of course...

Edited by treatment

just as the US$-Yen exchange-rate moved back up to last week's early 80s from the insane 70s yesterday, hlj's sale-price/discount-rate then goes down minus 2% in response...

well, purchase yer stuff now before the sale-price become any more irritating to let the scalpers win. if you still got some money to spare, of course...

As UN Spacy mentions in post #54, the minus 2% makes part of a disaster relief program HLJ has started with the help of Red Cross and I don't think it's meant to irritate you.

http://hlj.us1.list-...d1&e=8077d816df

As UN Spacy mentions in post #54, the minus 2% makes part of a disaster relief program HLJ has started with the help of Red Cross and I don't think it's meant to irritate you.

http://hlj.us1.list-...d1&e=8077d816df

nice goal and all.

it still would've been a nicer process if they'd just given some choices of however much % to donate during the checkout.

oh, well. hope that 2%'s gonna be enough of a donation.

Really tempted to complete my vermillion squad with the DYRL Kakizaki VF-1A

http://www.hlj.com/product/YMT00099

Anyone kind enough to let me know if this particular Valk had any problems with shoulders, or is it quite safe?

Here is a short list from Anymoon.com

1) Focker VF-1S with Super Parts (V2) – Worst shoulders ever, avoid

2) Focker VF-1S stand alone (V2) – bad shoulders

3) VF-1A Hikaru with Super Parts (V2) – bad shoulders

4) VF-1A Hikaru stand alone (V2) – bad shoulders

5) VF-1J Hikaru with Super Parts (V2) – Potentially bad shoulders (far less frequency than the first four releases.. allegedly Yamato urged the factories to be more careful at this point… hell of a fix.

6) VF-1J Hikaru stand alone (V2) – potentially bad shoulders

7) VF-1S Hikaru with Super Parts (V2) – potentially bad shoulders

8′) VF-1D Trainer (V2) – I haven’t heard of a single broken one… rumor is that this release has smaller shoulder pins but I can’t substantiate that

9) VF-1S Max (V2) – Rumored to be safe (if you have any insight, please leave a comment)

10) VF-1A Max TV (V2) – Rumored to be safe

11) VF-1A Max DYRL (V2) – Rumored to be safe

12) VF-1A Hayao TV (V2) – Rumored to be safe

13) VF-1A Hayao DYRL (V2) – Rumored to be safe

14) VF-1J Cannon Fodder (V2) – Rumored to be safe

15) VF-1A Cannon Fodder (V2) – Rumored to be safe

16) VT-1 SuperOstrich (V2.1) – potentially bad shoulders (!)

17) VF-1S LowVis (V2.1) – Rumored to be safe

18) VE-1 Elintseeker (V2.1) – Rumored to be safe (review pending)

19) VF-1D Virgin Road (V2.1?) – Rumored to be safe (Let me know if you own one if it’s a V2 or V2.1)

20) VF-1J Miria (V2.1?) – Rumored to be safe but has some delicate paint

21) VF-1J Max (V2.1?) – Rumored to be safe but has some delicate paint

22) VF-1S Focker Anniversary (V2) – Rumored to be safe (review pending)

23) VF-1S Hikaru Anniversary (V2) – Rumored to be safe

24) VF-1J Hikaru with GBP (V2) – Reissue of stand alone with potentially bad shoulders

Edited by charger69

Really tempted to complete my vermillion squad with the DYRL Kakizaki VF-1A

http://www.hlj.com/product/YMT00099

Anyone kind enough to let me know if this particular Valk had any problems with shoulders, or is it quite safe?

I was informed it is safe.

But why don't you get a recent release of it? http://www.hlj.com/product/YMT00208

If you mind paying more and get extra super pack :D

Thanks for the info guys.

To be honest this was quite an out of the blues thingy and wasn't planned at all in the toy budget. But at that price it's just too tempting. I can live without the Super Strike parts as long as the shoulders won't play up.

Complete Vermillion squadron.........here I come!!! :lol:

do you specifically aiming to complete vermilion squad DYRL ver?

not interested on the the tv ver?

Yep I kind of prefer the DRYL colour scheme more to the TV version.

The rest of my vermillion squad are V1. Hope he'll fit in with them ^_^

Just got me a patlabor CLAT and some of the weathered Destroids from this sale. Ordered last week via EMS and just got them shipped to my office today. =]

glad to see they pulled everything back together from the earthquake and was still able to operate efficiently last week. However, 1 or 2 of my boxes had dings in them as i bet they may have fallen off a shelf.

Finally got my first 1/60 VF-1 from HLJ (Its the Max DYRL Super Version). Though I have not gotten the chance to take it out of the box and transform it, I have to say that the actual size of the thing surprised me. I thought the 1/60 would be really small, but for the scale, it is actually quite large in front of me.

Looks great though!