HLJ's Yamato Spring Clearance Sale

UN Spacy

About the same items as with Crismas.

For those who don't own a max or miria 1/60 VF-22S this might be a good deal. I'll see maybe next month i'll get the armor parts for my 1/48 VF-1J.

I still limit myself to 1/48 scale for the VF-1's

Edited by dreadnought

After viewing HLJ warehouse location maybe i should invest in a geigercounter first :rolleyes: ... i do hope Japan gets the N-plants crisis under control soon, it looks a big mess on TV.

I haven't posted in a long time, but I think this deserves a reply. I do not know why the International media is trying to MIS-inform (I guess for ratings), but there is absolutely no such "meltdown" problems here. I am in Tokyo but even speaking to friends in the northeast region there are no serious warnings or such (at least not like CNN or other such media is trying to convey). Some might say that the government is trying to cover it up, but I spoke to Earthquake professors at my University (Tokyo University), which are advisors to the Prime Minister and they also say there is no problem. I guess a magnitude 9.0 earthquake alone is no match to Charlie Sheen in ratings, but making stuff up...

I haven't posted in a long time, but I think this deserves a reply. I do not know why the International media is trying to MIS-inform (I guess for ratings), but there is absolutely no such "meltdown" problems here. I am in Tokyo but even speaking to friends in the northeast region there are no serious warnings or such (at least not like CNN or other such media is trying to convey). Some might say that the government is trying to cover it up, but I spoke to Earthquake professors at my University (Tokyo University), which are advisors to the Prime Minister and they also say there is no problem. I guess a magnitude 9.0 earthquake alone is no match to Charlie Sheen in ratings, but making stuff up...

Calm down. It was JAPANESE sources warning that a meltdown in two reactors was possible and they even went so far as to say they were opperating under the assumption that a meltdown had already occured. This isn't some sort of japan bashing to report on what's going on and of course not everyone is going to be as well informed.

Having said that, making jokes about the current situation is juvenille and incredibly insensitive and that particular comment is also massively misinformed. Kind of like saying you wouldn't buy a car made in Detroit because of 3 mile island.

My Wife is letting me get the VF-22S Sturmvogel II Millia edition. I have been waiting forever to get a good toy of this design, and with this sale, it was even tempting enough to allow my wife to say yes!

Twich

Those are some pretty good deals. I am planning on buying the Max VF-1A TV with Super Parts and one of yamato's new mighty block stands.

Anyone have any idea of how good these mighty block stands are?

Careful all they have are the "shelf" type, useless for valks.

PH1236678528.jpg

I wonder if this sale has anything to do with these meltdown rumors... then I guess all exports from Japan would be severely damaged.

In the first hours of this tragedy medias were talking abour only 4 casualties caused byt this 8.9 magnitude earthquake which was unbelievable, now it's over 10000... this is really a nightmare.

I wonder if this sale has anything to do with these meltdown rumors... then I guess all exports from Japan would be severely damaged.

Wait. You're joking right.

HLJ holds seasonly sales all the time. :(

My Wife is letting me get the VF-22S Sturmvogel II Millia edition. I have been waiting forever to get a good toy of this design, and with this sale, it was even tempting enough to allow my wife to say yes!

Twich

Awesome! I'm still trying to find the best time to ask my wife if it's cool for me to order a 1/60 VT-1 and 1/48 Hikaru VF-1J cause I'm supposed to be downgrading my collection by opening and selling stuff.

HLJ is deep inland (not near the sea) and quite far from the tsunami affected areas or the nuclear plants. If there is something you should be worried about is if the boxes fell of the stand from the earthquake. But then again, international shipping is probably 10 times worse (in terms of damage) than a box falling 1 or 2 meters.

As for the meltdown rumors, I have come to the conclusion that western media sources are just plain being inaccurate, using scare-tactics and with a bias against nuclear power.

i just ordered from there today. i could let you know when the order is shipped and how long it would take. i believe that i had asked for the EMS shipping.

Just ordered MM VF-22s, finally! I missed out on the last sale and now was a perfect time to scoop them up, maybe a few crushed Millia boxes are why its 1000JPY cheaper than Max? My wife will have some stuff to bring back with her besides two suit cases and a baby. LOL. :lol:

HLJ is deep inland (not near the sea) and quite far from the tsunami affected areas or the nuclear plants. If there is something you should be worried about is if the boxes fell of the stand from the earthquake. But then again, international shipping is probably 10 times worse (in terms of damage) than a box falling 1 or 2 meters.

As for the meltdown rumors, I have come to the conclusion that western media sources are just plain being inaccurate, using scare-tactics and with a bias against nuclear power.

Whatever dude, there's been two explosions and it's Japanese sources who are talking about meltdowns. Stop trying to spin our concern into some sort of japan bashing. That sort of sentiment is completely unfounded.

Looks like a good time to pick up the 1/60 Vermillion squad not to mention the 1/60 VF-0A and Ghost available. Sure would look nice against my Nora and Roy Fokker with Ghost. If there was an Ivanov on sale I would sooo be on that like a fat kid with a cupcake.

Looks like a good time to pick up the 1/60 Vermillion squad not to mention the 1/60 VF-0A and Ghost available. Sure would look nice against my Nora and Roy Fokker with Ghost. If there was an Ivanov on sale I would sooo be on that like a fat kid with a cupcake.

Probably, but the shipping cost is still a bitch to consider when purchasing such a collection.

fwiw, I haven't seen the Ivanov restocked at HLJ.

Yeah, I went a little buck wild and picked up:

VF-0A

Ghost

Nora SV-51

Gamlin, Max, and Miria VF-22Ss

SS Parts

2x Yamato stands

EMS shipping (which was the cheapest of the three) came to almost $150!

That's a feast!!

Tokyo-Fukushima = roughly 130 miles... so it's next door, really

I'm definitely worried by this, 50% of the japanese population lives in Tokyo and all around it!

I'll pass on this sale, I'm just not in the mood of buying toys right now :(

All the more reason why I'll be waiting for the VF-19 to go on sale. dry.gif

Yea, but the vf-11 still hastn gone on sale, so it is not garanteed the vf-19 will to. Either way, we are in the same boat, i will wait it out too, who knows.

Feel bad for anyone who bought the blue CLAT Patlabor when its was first released - its 65% off now.

The last time I did anything like that was the weathering editions for my 2 Destroids. Won't be doing that again.

Thought those might have become scarce - looks not so when you shop around the web.

Guess that's why we never saw the Phalanx...

Well it was a toss up between the Gamlin 22 or the Max 22. Originally I was going to get the Gamlin but in the end I bought the Max 22s. Hope I made the right descision. Anyone have the Max and/or Gamlin? I am also tempted by the Nora SV-51...but I dodn't think I should go that far. :)

Eugimon, I'm with you on the 19 but it has been a bit disheartening that the 11's seldom, if ever for the 11C, go on sale and usually not for that much off. You'd figure Yamato would see how well these things sell when they are at a good price. Granted this sale is a bit much, but what they are asking for these days when they come out is just as bad just on the other side of the scale.:ph34r:

I'd imagine pricing in between the 2 extremes would work well for them right off the bat.

Anyway, I chose Fed-ex shipping, it was a little cheaper than the EMS for me...at least going by their estimate on the product page.^_^

Chris

Help me decide folks. Max's TV VF-1A with Kakzaki's OR Cannon Fodder?

On one hand I'll complete Vermillion. On the other hand the CF color scheme is too sexy.

Help me decide folks. Max's TV VF-1A with Kakzaki's OR Cannon Fodder?

On one hand I'll complete Vermillion. On the other hand the CF color scheme is too sexy.

Hmmm...that's a tough one. I agree with you on both accounts, but if I had to choose I'd go with Kakizaki's VF-1A. Sure the CF looks great, but I think it's better to complete the Vermillion Squad.