Favorite VF pilot? (not necessarily the best)

What is your favorite VF pilot? (not necessarily the best)  

115 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your fav?

• Hikaru Ichijo
    • Maximilian Jenius
    • Roy Fokker
    • Hayao Kakizaki
    • Milia Fallyna-Jenius
    • Guld Bowman
    • Isamu Dyson
    • Gamlin Kizaki
    • Kinryu/ Docker
    • Nekki Basara
    • Mylene Jenius/Ray Lovelock/ Liza Hoyly
    • Nora Polyansky/D.D. Ivanov
    • Shin Kudo
    • Luca Angeloni
    • Ozma Lee
    • Mikhail Buran
    • Alto Saotome
    • Brera Sterne
    • Nexx Gilbert/ Sylvie Gena/ Hibiki Kanzaki/ Feff
    • Miscellaneous (Physica, Dick, Mory, Pixie Squadron, Stephan, Graham, Zolan Forces, Chlore, Video Game pilots, Klan Klan/ Canaria Berstein, Bobby M., Grace, etc)

Rick Hunter pwns everyone.

(kidding)

Who the hell is Rick Hunter? :blink: He's not even on the list :huh: . Robomacek (sp) ----->

j/k

Isamu Alva Dyson....

1) Better then Royzma(heh) with the women.

2) Needs no psyche uplink or musical instrument to fly his bird.

3) His service record makes Tom Cruise' (Maverick) look like a saint.

4) Can fly circles around Max or anyone else for that matter, and no one is more humble or loyal to the people he cares for so much so he takes the wrath for Guld's self denial of rape attempt/and or beating of Myun and respects Myung enough to never speak of the matter. When push came to shove and Myung was in danger Isamu risked it all to save her.

AND...........

REASON #5

Isamu is no EMO basket case p.o.s.

End discussion. Zoooooooooooooooooom :p

IAD.jpg

Edited by Doc_John

Isamu not only knows how to shoot down bogies. he's got a lots of crazy maneuvers to choose. the man can improvise. he's probably the only guy who just might bring a knife to a gunfight. the opening dogfight sequences in MacPlus is sadly too short to showcase his insane piloting moves. when the fight really matters, its no longer about singing idols, morality, politics, or the value of life or some poo. just shout "mayday, mayday!!" and the guy will crash the party. and yeah, the guys a douche.

I like how everyone's reason for picking Isamu basically boils down to, "he's the biggest dick." :p

He is still the current leader, though his spread is diminishing due to Max. Only three points between the two at this point in time.

Though if it was only between the two, admittedly I would back Isamu. Max just seems to let himself get walked all over when he is not in a Valkyrie, kinda hard to respect that.

All the same, if some more Max fans come out of the woodwork, he just may pull an upset...

Still no Alto votes! :lol: If only Kawamori gave credence to these boards, we might not have to deal with Angsty gender confused protagonists in the future...though I am sure this poll would have an incredibly different outcome if it was Japanese, and that happens to be the target audience. :(

Focker, Max, Isamu, Guld, Hikaru and even Michel are great characters/pilots.

They make the others (Basara, Shin and Alto specially) look gay.

As for the pilot chicks they're all great. With the exception of Mylene and micro Klan.

As for the pilot chicks they're all great. With the exception of Mylene and micro Klan.

i think ozma deserves some light too, his no-nonsense old-school attitude makes him an acceptable successor to roy as a skull leader.

i always believe that the heros were developed by their leaders.

without these leader characters, there won't be any hero characters.

although in series other than sdf:m and mac-f, i don't really see any mentors that stand out like roy and ozma.

Female pilots: that leaves only Miria and Silvie, so according to you they're not all great, 50% of them is great.

By the way (for xx skull-one xx), what happened to poor Liza?

Oh, and gay is cool.

i think ozma deserves some light too, his no-nonsense old-school attitude makes him an acceptable successor to roy as a skull leader.

although in series other than sdf:m and mac-f, i don't really see any mentors that stand out like roy and ozma.

I would describe Colonel Millard Johnson from Macross Plus as a mentor character. He dosnt have the same tutor type role as Ozma or Roy but Isamu and Guld are already ace pilots and so beyond the tuition stage. He clearly empathises with the passion of the main characters and supports their actions, even though he berates them for acting like dicks.

what happened to poor Liza?

I can't even for the life of me think who that is right now. My fast answer is "miscellaneous category". (EDIT:, IT just hit me, do you mean Misa as in DYRL? when she takes the controls from Hikaru? If so, still Miscellaneous)

As for Sheryl? Lots of screen time, minimal Valkyrie time (thank god), therefore "miscellaneous category".

:D

Edited by Xx-SKULL-ONE-xX

In M7 the mentoring character is clearly Ray

ray doesnt really stand out though.

I would describe Colonel Millard Johnson from Macross Plus as a mentor character. He dosnt have the same tutor type role as Ozma or Roy but Isamu and Guld are already ace pilots and so beyond the tuition stage. He clearly empathises with the passion of the main characters and supports their actions, even though he berates them for acting like dicks.

yea, mac+ is an exception cos it's a story of heros, they were born heros.

Tuff choice I really like Hikaru and Max. Never liked isamu, he just wasn't that like able and had no real motive. I think I would have to say Michael from frontier. He was so smooth and yet he never took advantage of anyone and he had mad skills. Just an overall nice guy to boot.

yea, mac+ is an exception cos it's a story of heros, they were born heros.

I dont think Macross Plus is a story of heroes at all. The main charcters might be good pilots but personality wise they are a collection of irresponsible arseholes.

Isamu cant even just follow Guld in a chaser plane without trying to ruin his test by showing off.

Guld tries to kill Isamu on a couple of occasions during tests.

Both of them have a dogfight through Macross city using civilian housing as cover.

They are definitley great characters but heroes ? no way.

I can't even for the life of me think who that is right now. My fast answer is "miscellaneous category". (EDIT:, IT just hit me, do you mean Misa as in DYRL? when she takes the controls from Hikaru? If so, still Miscellaneous)

No, he means Liza Hoyly, the Zola Patrol pilot from Dynamite 7. She piloted the VF-5000G, VF-17D, and VF-5000T-G.

Sorry, you're right. I forgot about Ozma.

Female pilots: that leaves only Miria and Silvie, so according to you they're not all great, 50% of them is great.

By the way (for xx skull-one xx), what happened to poor Liza?

Oh, and gay is cool.

Hey, What about Komiria, Emilia, Maoramia, Kanaria and Nora?

And I didn't say gay like is bad thing. I actually liked Bobby, he's hilarious and got a lot of personality. But we don't want him as the SMS skull leader, do we?

Edited by s001

Hey, What about Komiria, Emilia, Maoramia, Kanaria and Nora?

And I didn't say gay like is bad thing. I actually liked Bobby, he's hilarious and got a lot of personality. But we don't want him as the SMS skull leader, do we?

He sure is the coolest macross spaceship pilot :)

As Talos said, Liza is the zolan patrol officer from D7.

The "miscellaneous" category is fine by me, even if she is a main character and has much more screentime in a cockpit than most of the secondary female pilots. I guess Komiria and the others fit in that category as well.

Both of them have a dogfight through Macross city using civilian housing as cover.

Wasn't that just a practice test zone designed to look like a real city?

Either way even though you are right in that they're irresponsible a-holes they still do what it takes to save the day in the end and that, in my eyes, qualifies them as heroes. Depends on your definition I guess.

I think I'd vote Alto as my favourite with Ozma a close second. Ozma is the better pilot and the better man, but I can relate to Alto a bit more, and being a young'n myself, Frontier is the only series I watched as it was airing so I feel a bit more affinity for those characters. Max was my favourite when I was younger though, but a lot of that had to do with his colour being blue lol

Wasn't that just a practice test zone designed to look like a real city?

The robot fist fight they had amongst low rise buildings at the end of episode 2 was a training/testing area. The Dogfight at in episode 4 was over Macross city, and that did involve high-speed window shattering fly-by's and crashing through buildings in what looks like a commercial/business district.

The robot fist fight they had amongst low rise buildings at the end of episode 2 was a training/testing area. The Dogfight at in episode 4 was over Macross city, and that did involve high-speed window shattering fly-by's and crashing through buildings in what looks like a commercial/business district.

Are you sure it was over Macross City...? It might have just been an animation error, but you'll notice that, all through the first half of Episode 4, the Sharon / Myung scenes happens after dark, while the Isamu / Guld scenes happen in late afternoon...and yet they're supposed to be simultaneous.

So I think they might have "touched down" some distsance away from Macross City.

Are you sure it was over Macross City...? It might have just been an animation error, but you'll notice that, all through the first half of Episode 4, the Sharon / Myung scenes happens after dark, while the Isamu / Guld scenes happen in late afternoon...and yet they're supposed to be simultaneous.

So I think they might have "touched down" some distsance away from Macross City.

I always though it was an abandoned or soon-to-be-riqualified sector devoid of citizens, in facts the streets - and buildings, as far as we know - are all empty. Even assuming that the Sharon Apple concert had drawn a huge mass of people to the city centre, it's impossible that every single civilian had gone there. So training area/empty block is what it appears to be.

I always though it was an abandoned or soon-to-be-riqualified sector devoid of citizens, in facts the streets - and buildings, as far as we know - are all empty. Even assuming that the Sharon Apple concert had drawn a huge mass of people to the city centre, it's impossible that every single civilian had gone there. So training area/empty block is what it appears to be.

I dont really buy that its a training area or empty block, it looks completely different from the training area scene on Eden which looks more like a current day military training area. Maybe its a commercial office area which was empty due to it being the end of the working day. The buildings are all shiny and modern looking so i doubt they where built with the intention of having two fighter planes have a dogfight through the streets.

Anyway regardless of what the nature of the area is i doubt that either of the two pilots gave a rats ass or weighed up the consequences or collateral damage, they wanted to have a fight and thats where they landed. If it happened to be an unabandoned area then good for them, they got lucky. It dosnt really make them any less of a pair of dicks for smashing up military property or commercial districts.

No, he means Liza Hoyly, the Zola Patrol pilot from Dynamite 7. She piloted the VF-5000G, VF-17D, and VF-5000T-G.

Ah yes, I remember her now. I have only watched D7 a couple times... She probably deserves to be paired up due to a fairly significant amount of screen time....

I will fit her in somewhere. EDIT: OK, added to Ray and Mylene since they have no votes yet anyway. I am surprised no one noticed earlier.

As for the other girls mentioned (Nora excluded because she has a spot with DD), vote in the miscellaneous section and tell us why you like them.

I agree with Nicaragua that the Episode 4 dogfight was in Macross city. When Sharon initially takes over it is sunset (think bearded guy spilling coffee), then the fight with the X-9 is in the dark before Isamu comes back to Macross City. I think there is some artistic license taken with the order of events and are not exactly portrayed chronologically.

Edited by Xx-SKULL-ONE-xX

Maybe the battle area is huge that they simply flying around through different time zones? especially the fight between guld and X-9, they even reached the stratosphere.

But then again before the end credit it was sunrise, if it started from sunset, then they were fighting for almost like, 10-12 hours?

They deserve the title for the most bad-ass pilots ever if it's true.