They actually were finishing Touch prior to starting up again. The entire series + OVAs + Movies are over at BoxTorrents.

I have the OVAs and, although I have yet to watch them, the video and subs look decent.

336712[/snapback]

But weren’t those subs from a Chinese DVD rip?

They're taking their sweet time... apparently they've been splitting their time between LotGH and Mac 7, which I don't know whether to be angry about or thankful for...

And now I've got a new dilemma.  It seems there's another set of subs floating around that's got much better video quality, with passable subs-- not as good as Central's but still considered very decent.  I hate decisions.

-Al

336705[/snapback]

Central is ran by a perfectionist, so they may not be the fastest, but you're going to get some high quality subs. My only problem with them is that they're using LD source instead of the remastered DVDs.

• 5 weeks later...
Cool! Cool names too...all from some European mythology or something.

Damn....i want them....and I really need to get to watching LOGH...but its only subbed till 50 of 100++ ? :(

345121[/snapback]

Considering that for at least a decade, the furthest anyone had ever subbed was episode 42, feel lucky you're up to past 50 now. That said, I've heard that the guy who does most of Central's work is back from Iraq, so maybe things will pick up a bit.

Oh most definitely yes!

These are the flagships of the various commanders in the Galactic Reich Star Fleet.

You can see the protagonist's white battleship towards the back which is called the Brunhilde.

I also see the Barbarossa, Kvasir, Beowulf and either the Berlin or Ostmark.

345118[/snapback]

Those mini flagship are extremely rare, I found the Lubeck alone at 2,100 yen when I ventured to Akihabara.

This is my current collection of the LoGH battleship,

IMG_0006.jpg

• 8 months later...
Sweetness! The Konigs Tiger and Salamander(I think?).

Morpheus, do you happen to have the Percival as well?

345219[/snapback]

A very late reply :lol:

Thats the Skirnir (Salamander sister ship). I dont have the Koenigs Tiger or the Parcival yet, those are normal high-speed battleship in Black Lancer's squadron (black colored).

My additional collection are as follows : Brunhild, Berlin (or is it Ostmark), an FPA flagship.

I'll take a pic of it when I got home.

Edited by Morpheus

Anyone else have problems remembering which German name is what? I almost always have to rack my brain to remember if the guy on screen with the long name has appeared before 16 episodes back and what did he do.

Not just the fact that they have long names, but that there is a whole legion of minor characters.

421145[/snapback]

Not really. The name at the bottom of the screen for the first few times we see a character was a enough to get me to remember them later when they didn't show it.

Anyone else have problems remembering which German name is what? I almost always have to rack my brain to remember if the guy on screen with the long name has appeared before 16 episodes back and what did he do.

Not just the fact that they have long names, but that there is a whole legion of minor characters.

421145[/snapback]

Not really. The name at the bottom of the screen for the first few times we see a character was a enough to get me to remember them later when they didn't show it.

421230[/snapback]

Man, how did I not post in this thread :p

The names at the bottom are key... also alot of the main characters reappear alot. For your sake the main ones on the Empire's side are (These aren't really spoilers)

Reinhard Von Lohengramm(musel)

Siegfried Kircheis

Oskar Von Reuenthal

Wolfgang Mittermeyer

Joachim Von Merkatz

Paul Von Oberstein

Neidhard Muller

I just had a thought, maybe the SciFi Channel could make a live action version of the first movie.  :p

421255[/snapback]

Wouldn't happen...too much talking, not enough boobs or monsters. Seriously, every Sci-Fi original movie I've seen (except for Babylon 5: Legend of the Rangers) is some kind of C-level monster movie about cockroaches, bees, bugs, lizards or whatever.

Wouldn't happen...too much talking, not enough boobs or monsters. Seriously, every Sci-Fi original movie I've seen (except for Babylon 5: Legend of the Rangers) is some kind of C-level monster movie about cockroaches, bees, bugs, lizards or whatever.

421277[/snapback]

Not even that... a lot of the battles in DLDS (I refuse to call it by any other name, lol) are mind games, and unless you want voiceover commentaries or somebody doing the "OMG!!! He.... *blah blah goes on to describe what he does while being destroyed*...", it won't really work.

Not to mention the uniforms... the wavy golden hair.... the beret... I just smell a very bad sci-fi B movie....

Why? so you can act elitist for having read the books? Its LOGH for almost everybody else.

421299[/snapback]

uhh... cause in my circle nobody knows it as LOGH? Most of the Asian anime sites I hang out on refer to it as DLDS, and after 10+ years of discussing plot points, it comes out more natural?

It was a jest, and in poor humour, I recognize that and apologize.

Edited by Akilae

421145[/snapback]

421230[/snapback]

The names at the bottom are key... also alot of the main characters reappear alot. For your sake the main ones on the Empire's side are (These aren't really spoilers)

Siegfried Kircheis

Oskar Von Reuenthal

Wolfgang Mittermeyer

Joachim Von Merkatz

Paul Von Oberstein

Neidhard Muller

421246[/snapback]

That bunch I can remember easy. Heck, after about 30 episodes I can spell em in my sleep. Its the 1001 other minor characters which confuses me. Everytime some guy pops up, I am never too sure if he had appeared 15 episodes earlier for 13 seconds or not.

421145[/snapback]

421230[/snapback]

Siegfried Kircheis

Oskar Von Reuenthal

Wolfgang Mittermeyer

Joachim Von Merkatz

Paul Von Oberstein

Neidhard Muller

421246[/snapback]

That bunch I can remember easy. Heck, after about 30 episodes I can spell em in my sleep. Its the 1001 other minor characters which confuses me. Everytime some guy pops up, I am never too sure if he had appeared 15 episodes earlier for 13 seconds or not.

421393[/snapback]

Try the nutty aristocrat name Landsberg. I think he appeared in the 2nd season and didn't show up until later in the 3rd and 4th season.

• 2 months later...

Anyone having problem with the series audio/video sync subbed by Central Anime?

I have used BSplayer, media player classic and DivX player, all with the latest Xvid codec and still the audio/video sync are messed up. :angry:

Try downloading the CCCP. Will eliminate conflicts between codec packs, (a problem I used to have when I had heaps of different things all installed simultaneously) and requires little technical knowledge.

homepage:

http://www.cccp-project.net/

One of the things about vlc is the subs look damn ugly. :p I used to use it alot in the past though. Now I am happy with media player classic. I have K-lite codec pack installed currently for anime. (claims it will play 99% of all movies downloaded from the internet so it might be worth a try for all those who are still having codec related problems. When you install this it will actually scan for all the stuff you already have installed on your system and ask if you want to uninstall them first. Very convenient for those who are too lazy to do this manually.)

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

• 5 months later...

Since I wanted to comment about this series, I thought it was safer to start a new topic, rather than bring up the old one (oct 06), and get necromancy calls thrown my way.

I've just finished eps 1-4 and am torrenting the next set. All I can say is...well...wow. I've had my eyes on the ships from hlj for a while and decided to see what all the fuss was about. From what I can gather, it doesn't appear as if it'll dissapoint.

One question I wanted to ask was how hard it was to get the ships on Hlj. How much money can one expect to shell out for a pack of ships? Anyone have quality control issues with them, also?

And lastly, anyone thought of a game system to play with them? :D

Always wanted to see this series. I wonder if YouTube has any eps?

Yes they are but i would recommend downloading the fansubs Central Anime did.

Legend of Galactic Heroes is one of the greatest anime of all time, it holds the record for being the longest OVA series coming in at 110 episodes as well as having the most characters ever in an anime title.

Because LOGH is an OVA series made at the peak of the economic bubble in 1988, it has very high production values which you can clearly see from the detailed backgrounds.

I recommend this dialogue intensive show to everyone on these forums.