Bandai DX Chogokin YF-29 Durandal Valkyrie

UN Spacy

Is that the same pilot figure from DX VF-25? I don't really care small stuff like that but they can do better. I hand painted tiny Alto figure in my 1/100 YF-29 kit and I think the result is more color accurate than that white blob. It's almost like Alto is wearing a white T-shirt over his pilot suit :p . Still, having build the kit I fell in love with the overall design. Will get one if I can spare my budget.

As bad as it may seem it's still an improvement over the 25.

I come in late for this one. Is it the same mold as VF-25 with a few updates or is it an entire new mold? I noticed that the landing gears look much better than the trolley wheels in VF-25. Overall appearance looks more crisp and detailed than the VF-25 too. I'll probably get one and convert it back to VF-25 :)

I come in late for this one. Is it the same mold as VF-25 with a few updates or is it an entire new mold? I noticed that the landing gears look much better than the trolley wheels in VF-25. Overall appearance looks more crisp and detailed than the VF-25 too. I'll probably get one and convert it back to VF-25 :)

It seems to be an entierly new mold. I don't think converting it back to a VF-25 would be easy.

Graham

new pilot but is removable? <_<

Yes it is.

I just picked up the new Dengeki Hobby magazine and there are 2 pages of pics on the DX YF-29. The toy is shown with the pilot out of the cockpit.

Will scan and post the pics on Saturday, no time before then.

Graham

Here's the latest scans from the new July 2011 issue of Dengeki Hobby magazine.

Grahm

Hmm, that new pic of Gerwalk from the side makes it look a lot less like a fat-assed plane. I may change my mind about this one... not that it matters since it's sold out everywhere.

Thanks for the scans. It really does look like Bandai are improving pretty much everything for this release. I still can't justify buying this, though. Sucks about those FAST packs being exclusives, too.

I wonder if they intend to make more versions using this mold. They only made a green variant of the VF-27, which was a web exclusive, and there was only one version of the VB-6.

Here's the latest scans from the new July 2011 issue of Dengeki Hobby magazine.

Grahm

Oh wow. Thanks for the pictures. I am SO glad I preordered this.

Looking good there. Also nice to see an extra integrated support bar to hold that up the backside of gerwalk mode. What's still baffling me is how they got the crouch and hips in battroid mode to look as accurate as they do. :wacko: However, as much as I like what I see, I'm still going to wait this one out. :p

Thanks for the scans. It really does look like Bandai are improving pretty much everything for this release. I still can't justify buying this, though. Sucks about those FAST packs being exclusives, too.

I wonder if they intend to make more versions using this mold. They only made a green variant of the VF-27, which was a web exclusive, and there was only one version of the VB-6.

This fit into my toy budget pretty well, as compared to the kai. Do wish they will do a low-vis version if they are releasing other colors.

wow, finally, bandai shows us a great vf toy, the only point makes vf-29 unperfect is hand parts, still need to change part in transformation

Isn't the DX-29 supposed to come with articulated hands? Also, you didn't NEED to change hands on any of the DX's to transform them. They gave you hands to use that looked and fit better, but there was enough room to leave any other set of hands on and still transform it.

Edited by anime52k8

Yeah personally I'm pretty stoked that we're getting better products from both competitors. We're the true winners in this.

Exactly what I am thinking.

YF-29 looks really promising with that crouch pose.

I know the new VF-19 is getting all the love right now and rightly so, but still this new YF-29 also looks like a great piece too. I can't wait to see a comparison of the two since right now there each companies cutting edge Macross fighters.

I can't wait to see a comparison of the two since right now there each companies cutting edge Macross fighters.

Bandai = Shinsei Industries

Yamato = General Galaxy

Bandai = Shinsei Industries

Yamato = General Galaxy

I'd say it's the other way round.

Yamato = Shinsei Industries.

Bandai = General Galaxy.

Mostly because Yamato has more winning products, just like Shinsei :)

Graham

After seeing these new pics I do wish I had ordered one. Oh well, if it does that well maybe there will be a second wave. In the meantime I'll check out the reviews from the rest of you lucky people.

Isn't the DX-29 supposed to come with articulated hands? Also, you didn't NEED to change hands on any of the DX's to transform them. They gave you hands to use that looked and fit better, but there was enough room to leave any other set of hands on and still transform it.

Yep, I can confirm this. I usually just leave my gun-hand + open palm hand on for all my VF-25's through transformation.

I'm the most happy about the fighter mode gun clip thing, that started with the 27. The detaching gun clip on the 25's really really bothered me. Second, would have to be the integrated gerwalk mode brace. Sweet!

I'd say it's the other way round.

Yamato = Shinsei Industries.

Bandai = General Galaxy.

Mostly because Yamato has more winning products, just like Shinsei :)

Graham

Agree, though I've always loved G2's valks but never liked Bandai's offerings till now haha.

Yeah personally I'm pretty stoked that we're getting better products from both competitors. We're the true winners in this.

and our wallets are the real looser. :lol:

Thanks Graham for the pics, it´s looking really sweet, now I don´t feel that bad bout preordering this :) , but I would still prefer the VF-19 lol. :ph34r:

But it´s looking nice non the less, hope it´s really articulated in the hands. B))