I read the comics after season 1. The two walkers are her boyfriend and his buddy. May not be the same on the TV.

Having two walkers to cover the secent is inventive but the image has a profound impact to people. She can't psyc-out walkers but people would sure enough want to stay away. At this point of the story... not the most wholesome people are alive and a single girl needs to protect herself.

Edited by Fly4victory

What makes her other worldly? The fact she uses a kitana? The zombies have their jaws and arms taken off on purpose and her reasoning for that is their stench helps keeps others away. Darryl prefers a crossbow to a gun, does that make him other worldly? Not to mention his very nice pearl neck...I mean zombie ear necklace.

Seriously I think you guys are getting way too carried away with this then it merits. Like someone said, so much griping on how they've gone sideways from the comic and here they introduce her almost in the exact same context as the source material and its nerd rage city.

Also, its been months since it all went to the shitter, its very fair to say there are survivors that have become very crafty and skilled in ways to stay alive, so after two seasons its not out of context. Its an introduction to the frakked up way the world has changed people. Before the dead rose she was a lawyer who took fencing in college and stole that kitana from a neighbor upon her escape...there hope thats enough to settle you people down.

It's not nerd rage. There are plenty of plausible ways to introduce her, but the whole cloaked dark figure taking an action-hero pose with two zombies chained to her just looked stupid and out of place and did not feel like it was natural at all to the rest of the show. It felt like they purposely jammed a comic book frame in there... which is what they did.

Haven't watched the episode yet, but from the frame that was posted on the last page didn't look like a "super-hero" pose to me. Just looked like she was standing there with a Katana. Cloke and hood would help keep her scent down too. Every one is I titled to there opinion, but I also don't get the problem here. Maybe I'll feel differently once I watch the episode, though....shrugs.

Chris

Haven't watched the episode yet, but from the frame that was posted on the last page didn't look like a "super-hero" pose to me. Just looked like she was standing there with a Katana. Cloke and hood would help keep her scent down too. Every one is I titled to there opinion, but I also don't get the problem here. Maybe I'll feel differently once I watch the episode, though....shrugs.

Chris

QFE

Ok just watched the episode. The only issue I had with it was Lorries reaction to Rick when he told her he killed Shane. Like, freaking 2 episodes ago, she was telling him how killing the living to protect what was his was a good thing, that Shane thought she and Carl were HIS, and he was scaring her. Now she's appalled that Rick killed him after all that, plus the fact that Shane was taking him out there to kill him too!!? The writers really need to get these characters straight. Lol!

Chris

Edited by Dobber

Ok just watched the episode. The only issue I had with it was Lorries reaction to Rick when he told here he killed Shane. Like, freaking 2 episodes ago, she was telling him how killing the living to protect what was his was a good thing and that Shane was thought she and Carl were HIS and he was scaring her. Now she's appalled that Rick killed him after all that plus the fact that Shane was taking him out there to kill him too!!? The writers really need to get these characters straight. Lol!

Chris

The entire episode was a mess. Hell, the show is a mess at this point.

I guess this is where I check out of this conversation, as I won't be watching season 3.

Ok just watched the episode. The only issue I had with it was Lorries reaction to Rick when he told here he killed Shane. Like, freaking 2 episodes ago, she was telling him how killing the living to protect what was his was a good thing and that Shane was thought she and Carl were HIS and he was scaring her. Now she's appalled that Rick killed him after all that plus the fact that Shane was taking him out there to kill him too!!? The writers really need to get these characters straight. Lol!

Chris

According to whats his name...was a guest on Talking Dead. He said it was more about Lorrie being mad at herself for getting Rick and Shane to that level but I can dismiss that and still say its poor writing, she egged them both on during the last couple of episodes.

Right because a world filled with zombies is an incredible touch of realism to begin with... :rolleyes:

I've heard the same thing being said about the Bayverse TF movies. I'm probably the odd one out, but I think it's actually even more important to establish a form of realism in these movies to suspend the viewer's disbelief--well, mine, at least. The element of plausibility should always be there, in that IF there were a zombie apocalypse, this would be the way things would happen.

The Walking Dead is a character-driven story that doesn't capitalize on action sequences, which IMO makes it important to keep the feel of the series more grounded.

I don't really care about the Michonne character one way or the other, but that screencap just made me think of the RE movies. It felt out of place, like Mommar said.

Edited by GU-11

Yup. Totally agree with everyone's reaction to Laurie. And Zor Primus' blaming it on the writing. It came off as Laurie upset at Rick for killing Shane. She should have waited til she was alone as then had a elated/sad/blame herself weeping session. Then I would have known exactly where she was at.

Katana chick did kinda jar me but I have no opinion on her yet.

Funny how this show has so many mixed opinions. a comic book fan of the series from work was about to check out on the series until the girl showed up and now he says he's back on board. While others are upset that it's too little too late as they say. Another friend just watched season one and loves the show.

This season ended with a bang for me.

How many rounds did Hershel have?? It seem like he had infinite ammo until they showed him reloading. lol

Anyone else thinks that it would have been a lot easier to strategically run down the walkers with the cars rather than drive and shoot randomly??

How many bullets a gun of six shots have before reloading?

That's gun of Rick get out from roof of trailer should be the Sarge of Doom (IDDQD or Give ammo)

Edited by Old_Nash

Well obviously Lori is typically confused. And in a world where death creeps up on you every second, she probably wanted all the protection she could have for her family?

As for her break down, could have been due to the truth that the kid is Shane's.

Eitherway in the comics...

She dies at the prison, so might as well turn her into a bitch so no one likes her.

But yeah, that infinity ammo and magic reloads was a bit too much. Would it have been so hard for the director to keep count of the bullets, and have a scene here and there of them taking cover while reloading?

Nope, instead we got Hirschel with a ultimate cheat. :lol:

Still feel that a bit of the series was edited out to recycle for season 3. Remember the first trailer had a clear close up shot of the prison during daylight? Something changed there in the script?

As for Machione... It's about time! It would have been tragic if she was omitted from the series. Now bring on Tyreese, Axel, and Abraham!

Now that they have finally left the farm.

Did Hershel inadvertantly protect the farm by having a barn full of walkers or was it just a matter of time?

Also Shane was kind of fast for a walker. Looks like the freshly dead are more dangerous since rigger hasn't set in or was it the latent memory of I want vengence and Rick was was dumb enough to turn his back?

Edited by Fly4victory

Ok just watched the episode. The only issue I had with it was Lorries reaction to Rick when he told her he killed Shane. Like, freaking 2 episodes ago, she was telling him how killing the living to protect what was his was a good thing, that Shane thought she and Carl were HIS, and he was scaring her. Now she's appalled that Rick killed him after all that, plus the fact that Shane was taking him out there to kill him too!!? The writers really need to get these characters straight. Lol!

Chris

there is the woman that sleeps with her husband best friend and have a baby that she knows is Shane's , and know she is all freak because he kill him!!! I mean it happends in real life no zombies involved. Sleeps with your frind wife?????

Can't forget that she is the one that told Rick that Shane was dangerous. If Lori wants to get mad at someone she needs to look in the mirror.

All I can say is prison time, Baby! ;)

Dude, women. There's a time of the month where everything is dangerous and should die for them. ;)

And yeah, the prison hopefully will deliever as in the comics... :wub:

Edited by Omegablue

Katana girl with the pet zombies....it feels like it doesn't really go with the flow of the series so far. It feels like everyone's sort of new at zombie killing (since the apocolypse just started), so having someone come along who's so awesome at killing zombies, she can walk around with a katana and two pet zombies. Don't even get me started on the fact that most edged weapons would probably only be good for 5 or 6 kills before becoming too caked with flesh and fat, rendering it less effective if not completely unable to cut...unless of course she's carrying multiple swords or she cleans her one sword every few kills. Well, I heard she was pretty kick-ass in the comic, and I do love Japanese swords so we'll see.

Lori's gotta go. Same with the stupid kid.

Katana girl with the pet zombies....it feels like it doesn't really go with the flow of the series so far. It feels like everyone's sort of new at zombie killing (since the apocolypse just started), so having someone come along who's so awesome at killing zombies, she can walk around with a katana and two pet zombies. Don't even get me started on the fact that most edged weapons would probably only be good for 5 or 6 kills before becoming too caked with flesh and fat, rendering it less effective if not completely unable to cut...unless of course she's carrying multiple swords or she cleans her one sword every few kills. Well, I heard she was pretty kick-ass in the comic, and I do love Japanese swords so we'll see.

Bud, give her a chance. If anything her brief appearance savaged a lot for this series. She is utterly kick ass in the comics, and glad her creepiness has been kept .

Although in the comic, she appears well after the establishment of the prison, which is about the whole of winter. And there are reasons why she has a sword and the pets.

You also have to look at it like this. After a week of surviving zombies, it will become second nature as soon as you accept that this is the world. And some people, will instantly use it to exploit every heroic fantasy since childhood. And this might include walking about with a sword while leashing pets just to prove how hard ass they are.

As well her introduction does give hope that the villain of the prison story, remains unchanged! :)

Bud, give her a chance. If anything her brief appearance savaged a lot for this series. She is utterly kick ass in the comics, and glad her creepiness has been kept .

Although in the comic, she appears well after the establishment of the prison, which is about the whole of winter. And there are reasons why she has a sword and the pets.

You also have to look at it like this. After a week of surviving zombies, it will become second nature as soon as you accept that this is the world. And some people, will instantly use it to exploit every heroic fantasy since childhood. And this might include walking about with a sword while leashing pets just to prove how hard ass they are.

As well her introduction does give hope that the villain of the prison story, remains unchanged! :)

Oh man, I'm totally giving her a chance. I love guns, but I love swords as well. I just hope it's not going to be anything acrobatic and completely off the rails compared to the rest of the series.

Oh man, I'm totally giving her a chance. I love guns, but I love swords as well. I just hope it's not going to be anything acrobatic and completely off the rails compared to the rest of the series.

Nope, in the comics she's just a pure hacker and slasher. :D

Edited by Omegablue

I watched season 2 until episode 9 and had mixed feelings of general boredom but still hoping for a flamboyant finale, then switched to watching Breaking Bad which is totally unrelated (but so good).

So I got back to watching The Walking dead just for the sake of finishing what I started and I think the show seemed even more arid to me.

Most characters act or react stupidly or inconsistently at some point just because of nonsense writing taking them from A to B without bothering at all about who the character is or should be thinking or doing.Actually the fact that they killed some main characters at the end of this season was a relief instead of a climax...

Also one thing I've been wondering : I'm aware these guys are supposed to be from the south but why do Shane and Rick always talk like they have a mouthful of stones or attempt to sound like WWA wrestlers? It feels ridiculous, but I still went through the whole season 2, so there must have been something that got me to watch it, I've just no idea what though...

Also one thing I've been wondering : I'm aware these guys are supposed to be from the south but why do Shane and Rick always talk like they have a mouthful of stones or attempt to sound like WWA wrestlers?

While the guy playing Shane is American, Rick is British, I think. He speaks in a non-American accent during interviews. Honestly, his is certainly not the worst imitation of an American accent I've heard. Jason Statham is worse in his Transporter movies.

Also Shane was kind of fast for a walker. Looks like the freshly dead are more dangerous since rigger hasn't set in or was it the latent memory of I want vengence and Rick was was dumb enough to turn his back?

How long it takes now to turn???? this is true it was way too fast are now rules changing?

spoier question there

I think you instantly turn into a Zombie when dead.

As is with Shane's case.

However the change takes longer when just bitten or scratched but still living.

Remember, everyone has the virus, so I figure once the brain disconnects and the heart stops pumping blood, it allows the virus to instantly take over the nervous system.

Then again it does contradict with Andrea's sister in season one.

Edited by Omegablue

Answer, of sorts.????

Glen Mazzara "Amy was a weaker character. Shane is in a murderous rage … he’s going to reanimate quicker. There’s just more life in that zombie, believe it or not. We do have internal rules for that."

Are they going for an emotional rage factor like 28 days? I would have though constant persistant exposure over time to the virus/toxin/parasite or that 'what ever it is' mutated and is stronger.

Yet, It does support the latent last thought theory.

Answer, of sorts.????

Glen Mazzara "Amy was a weaker character. Shane is in a murderous rage … he’s going to reanimate quicker. There’s just more life in that zombie, believe it or not. We do have internal rules for that."

Are they going for an emotional rage factor like 28 days? I would have though constant persistant exposure over time to the virus/toxin/parasite or that 'what ever it is' mutated and is stronger.

Yet, It does support the latent last thought theory.

Thanks for the find. Though that's rather weak making up the rules along the way... Which contradicts the established rules from the comicbook. :p

@Omegablue, the Governor was cast in Feb., David Morrisay (sp?) will play the roll.

Yeah, I know. Meant that with Michoine appearance, the story of the Governor could very well be closer to the comicbook's version. :)

Yeah, I know. Meant that with Michoine appearance, the story of the Governor could very well be closer to the comicbook's version. :)

Dunno about that, playing with the gore factor of it all until the end of the prison arc. I just started reading the comic series since Tuesday and as of now I'm on issue 60. been scratching my head because the TV series changed so many elements and while making some things exciting to see does tend to get boring fairly quickly. And the comic series does the same thing and tends to beat a zombie horse with a stick a bit to often on the cliches and tones of character development. In some cases characters seem way to much a like.

And I dunno, maybe it's because of all the deaths in this series and the gore and characters but I start to remember back to reading Battle Angel and thinking "Damn.......this is so similar in some way."