Why is there a corpse in the middle of the floor that appears to have been eaten? It is safe to assume fully consumed victim.

First walker sighting after he wakes up are the hands coming out of the chained door with the warning do not open dead inside. I think that is the creepiest and most brilliant scene.

First run in with a walker was the man zeroing in on Rick before he gets a bat in the face.

Why is there a corpse in the middle of the floor that appears to have been eaten? It is safe to assume fully consumed victim.

First walker sighting after he wakes up are the hands coming out of the chained door with the warning do not open dead inside. I think that is the creepiest and most brilliant scene.

First run in with a walker was the man zeroing in on Rick before he gets a bat in the face.

Wrong again lol...its the

mom of the two kids from the webisodes that you see getting torn into and already split apart by the walkers that got her. Interesting how she crawled her way to the park where the kids were supposed to be evacuated from. Further proof of some semblance of memory or emotion? Rick explains this encounter to Herschel when they are discussing the values of the new world.

Edited by Zor Primus

Through a doorway, Rick sees the ravaged body of a nurse missing most of her skin (Victim #1). Further down the hall, the walls are covered in blood and riddled with bullet holes. A double door has been chained shut, a message scrawled across: "Don't Open / Dead Inside." A woman's hands, her fingernails dirty and cragged, reach through the cracks (Walker #1).

He wanders down the road, spotting an overturned bicycle in a park. As he reaches for it, the body of a woman — badly decayed, her legs and lips missing (Walker #2 from the web episode) — turns and reaches for him, pathetically moaning in hunger. Rick speeds away on the bicycle.

Forgot about him seeing the crawler after the hospital, just remember him following the snail trail and shooting her after leaving the station but still his first walker was in the hospital.

http://www.amctv.com/shows/the-walking-dead/episodes/season-1/days-gone-bye

There is some comfort level/final purpose/latent memory thing going on. Can we call some of the actions reasoning or reactions?

Little girl walker at the gas station stops to pick up a toy.

Deputy returns to the sheriff's station and wife tries to get in the house.

Walker uses a rock to smash the glass door in Atlanta.

Them all being attracted to gun shots and car alarms.

The thing that gets me is the horse. It may be a hero moment only to advance the storyline and not define the laws in the walker universe but the walkers concentrated on the horse before Rick. So do we infer that walkers prefer horses over men? The horse would be hotter, tired, smell more, perhaps more panicked.

Also on the rigor, it may not the the zombie pathogen that delays the onset but the consumption of the living combined with continued use of muscles. Walkers at rest seem slower and need to build up momentum.

• 5 weeks later...

Finally got around to watching the First 7 episodes of season 2. Better than the second half of season 1, but still fairly meh.

Still prefer the comic and Romero's movies for my Zombie fix.

Graham

I thought the first season was great until the last episode. But yeah, the comic does have that extra Zombie edge.

Hopefully the rest of season 2 will return closer to it's origins at a faster pace.

Maybe if Machione and Tyreese appear the action is bound to pump up.

Well they have to if they're going to arrive at the

prison.

Edited by Omegablue

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Lol, maybe everyone here's all 'Walked out. I think it's a good idea to touch on the subject of man vs man on a group level, and NOT like the "Vatos" episode from season 1. Suffice to say Herschel looks like he's woken up and come to accept the reality of the situation, at least from Rick's point of view. Shane's dangerous though-he's a gonna kill somebody...

Not a good episode. Slow and stretched out. One good thing about it was Rick finally showed why he's the guy people should listen to.

Lori in the accident? A plot device to lose the baby so they can finally walk away (or get kicked out) from that farm?

IS Glenn crazy? Unless he's a necro, he's never gonna find anything close to Maggie in that vast wasteland. I mean c'mon... take inventory of your life. You were Sheldon Cooper's last roommate before Leonard and now you're surrounded by zombies.

I think the show overall works better as a marathon like the lead up to the second half of season two. Week for week the episodes do seem really slow and leave you wanting. Watching back to back this Sunday I found it far more enjoyable. It's the type of thing you want on a BR/DVD set to sit and watch in a go on a snowed in weekend or something.

I think the show overall works better as a marathon like the lead up to the second half of season two. Week for week the episodes do seem really slow and leave you wanting. Watching back to back this Sunday I found it far more enjoyable. It's the type of thing you want on a BR/DVD set to sit and watch in a go on a snowed in weekend or something.

That's true. Me and my nephew watched the first half of this season straight thru one day and it was a lot of fun. It didn't seem like the Sophia thing was so drawn out.

Yeah, Rick was really fast on the draw. Best part of the show and really punctuates the fact that this guy shouldn't be messed with. It's probably why Shane never questions playing second banana to him.

The episode was slow. Though I enjoyed finally seeing Rick growing some balls.

Just hope Lori's accident doesn't mean more time on Hershel's farm.

Yeah...I dont think the farm is in the cards much longer. They showed snippits of walkers swarming the land and a shot of the prison.

Where is Rick getting ammo for his python? Shane gave him 4 rounds at the quarry before leaving for Atlanta to look for Murrel. Was there ammo in the bag of guns dropped on the streets?

Those are magic rounds only avaliable on TV shows and films. :lol:

Was undoubtedly the best episode of the season. Sets everything up with the characters, and the scenes during the credits does give a bit away.

Also good closure in bringing Hershel into reality about the plague.

However, at the end, it felt like the survivor politics in deciding who to vote off. :p

None the less, I hope Kirkman took the upset fans' criticism during the break, and will continue in this path.

Edited by Omegablue