The episode 4... was more the I waiting...

Lori dies.

What? Personally I don't care, but spoiler tags for the other members, dude.

Anyway yeah, how about that T-dog?

Edited by myk

Well, that truely was the darkest episode yet...

And really has turned the entire season upside down.

Great character development. And hopefully the black prisoner that take's the token role has more lines and involvement in the story than T-dog.

Bring it!! Can't wait for next Sunday.

Should be interesting, as evantually the Governor will cross roads with prison, then there's the whole Merle and Darryl saga to unfold, and Rick from here on... well let's just say no one should think of messing with him.

And there's Carl soon to get some action. LOL

He's earned it, as he's now definitely born-again hard. Beth needs to give it up before the end of the first season-half lol...

Should be interesting, as evantually the Governor will cross roads with prison, then there's the whole Merle and Darryl saga to unfold, and Rick from here on... well let's just say no one should think of messing with him.

Rick and his crew need to find some better fire power when those Cross Roads come to fruition, its going to be deadly.

I'll have to say last night's episode was probably one of the more powerful ones in the series...right up there with infamous barn scene from last season.

The action and drama were all there...and divided up with such precision that it felt like a season finale. Andrew Lincoln's acting is amazing. His reaction at the end was very compelling. He truly does Ric Grimes justice.

The anticipated confrontation with the Governor will be incredible. This season has already done in 4 episodes what took the entire season to do last year, and we're only at the start! Its no wonder 20 million people are watching the show.

What ends up happening in the confrontation in the Comic? I can't imagine things going well for Rick in the show. The Governor is twisted but he's calm, calculating and is well armed. Rick is losing his marbles fast and doesn't have any weapons. Unless some super-animal instinct kicks in he's on the losing side of the the odds by a wide margin.

I've never read the comic before (sorry I'm guilty of that) if the series really is staying true to the comics and what ever conclusions or confrontations happen between Rick and Governor dear God please use Spoiler tags!!!

It's already deviated several times from the comics and the writers of the show have said while they hit the main beats for fan service they don't want it to follow the comics or else nothing will be a surprise.

I'll have to say last night's episode was probably one of the more powerful ones in the series...right up there with infamous barn scene from last season.

The action and drama were all there...and divided up with such precision that it felt like a season finale. Andrew Lincoln's acting is amazing. His reaction at the end was very compelling. He truly does Ric Grimes justice.

The anticipated confrontation with the Governor will be incredible. This season has already done in 4 episodes what took the entire season to do last year, and we're only at the start! Its no wonder 20 million people are watching the show.

Definitely the most powerful episode thus far IMO. Just speechless after watching it.

Wow... that was cool. All except for the part where zombies just decide not to go into unguarded doorways.

I mean Carl couldn't shut the door, hey even made a point to show it. And Darryl couldn't keep the door closed either. He killed two zombies and then he went to back Rick up.

Development wise it was great. Go Carl. About time someone mans up when they needed to put someone down.

I meant before they turned. Rick shot Shane when he was threatening his family (not knowing he was going to come back), Sophia after she was already a walker. But there's just times right after they got bitten that they can't seem to pull the trigger, literally. Even Andrea couldn't put her sister down before she turned. This was the first episode that they came to terms that they're doomed before they died. I mean it's good progression, but I think Carl is the first one to actually make that step with someone that they were deeply invested in. Because there was that scene in the beginning where Daryl was killing all those people that were bitten by the herd attack. It's kind of a good thing for Herschel though. lol.

I watched the episode again. Daryl did block the entrance to the genny room. They just didn't show it clearly enough. And I guess the alarm kept the noise of the birth from being heard by the walkers outside, bit of a stretch but I guess we're all use to that.

I meant before they turned. Rick shot Shane when he was threatening his family (not knowing he was going to come back), Sophia after she was already a walker. But there's just times right after they got bitten that they can't seem to pull the trigger, literally. Even Andrea couldn't put her sister down before she turned. This was the first episode that they came to terms that they're doomed before they died. I mean it's good progression, but I think Carl is the first one to actually make that step with someone that they were deeply invested in. Because there was that scene in the beginning where Daryl was killing all those people that were bitten by the herd attack. It's kind of a good thing for Herschel though. lol.

I see what you're saying. Yeah, of the group Carl is the first to do that.

I really liked the premise and initial execution of the show but sort of like with The Shield, certain elements were too obviously geared for soap opera drama than reasonable or likely behavior. Was hooked until about half way through season 2 and slowly drifting away.

This was especially true with the Shane situation but also others. Dude, there's plenty of tail that avoids the brother killing brother drama and you need a bunch of able bodied men before any become expendable (not at least until there's enough for sentries 24/7, if not also a decent react force in addition to any manual labor). Never read the comic but I do like the synopsis I've read. I think the TV show did good to detail Shane more... I just didn't think it was reasonable behavior, especially considering the background of the characters.

My biggest beef: Build some layered defenses already. They had ample opportunity to have had the farm decently fortified. Ditches/trenches/berms to herd zombies into killing zones and keep them away from vital areas. Relying on walls to keep them out is a big bag of obvious fail waiting to happen.... unless you also have a moat and an outer stockade, if not a third layer with an inner Keep with killing fields in between.

Edited by Uxi

The zombie cage match scene

....was a close jump the shark moment for me

especially because of all the cheering people...it was almost "thunderdome" like...and that is the worst of the Mad Max movies.....

.....is that in the comic book?

Also....

why are the people living in that town so cheerful....it's as if they have forgotten that the world has gone to hell.....everyone in that town has to have had a familiy member or friend either turn or killed by a walker.....just doesn't seem right....

Otherwise, still supporting the show and hope it gets better....

Edited by jvmacross

The zombie cage match scene

....was a close jump the shark moment for me

especially because of all the cheering people...it was almost "thunderdome" like...and that is the worst of the Mad Max movies.....

.....is that in the comic book?

Yes it is.

Also....

why are the people living in that town so cheerful....it's as if they have forgotten that the world has gone to hell.....everyone in that town has to have had a familiy member or friend either turn or killed by a walker.....just doesn't seem right....

Otherwise, still supporting the show and hope it gets better....

A year has passed since the outbreak. They've lived the worse, and now are trying to embrace the little normality they knew.

I remember the world during the 911 shockwave, and soon afterwards mostly everyone returned to their everyday lives.

It's human nature to move on.

I really liked the premise and initial execution of the show but sort of like with The Shield, certain elements were too obviously geared for soap opera drama than reasonable or likely behavior.

I still don't understand how anyone can judge a fictional story, especially one about the ZA and critique it based on "reasonable" or "likely" behavior of the characters. And then throw in a series like The Shield to back it up?

I've heard the Walking Dead called by many names, but never a soap. Last time I checked soaps didn't feature crazed husbands stabbing a bloated corpse because it had eaten his wife earlier.

@jvmacross...what you saw on that episode is a mirror of the comic.

Not sure if this is appropriate or not since it's not about TWD but it is zombie related...

If a zombie outbreak really did happen, would you be able to survive in your city/ town without having to "get out of dodge"?

I actually live in Georgia. North end to be exact and I run a little country c-store about 13 miles from the main town. We stock a good bit of ammo and have a few guns and a friend who also runs a c-store 10 miles from mine has even more guns and ammo. Food, water and shelter wouldn't be a problem for us but the main concern is defending our stores from human hostiles which I am sure there would be plenty around my area.

If this isn't appropriate for this thread mods can just delete it.