Thinking about it a bit more and how the show tends to track the comics on the moves (camp to farm to prison), I bet they're out of the prison for good at the season finale which means the Governor is probably killed by one of his own people, probably after Rick's baby dies (though AMC may not have the stones for THAT). Specific actions and characters don't track nearly as well, so who and under what circumstances will probably try to be a surprise. I'm expecting a bloodbath reading the comics synopsis again, meaning Hershel and a few others are likely to bite it.

Where'd you read the comic synopsis at?

I read the comic series when it first started, up to about 66 or 75. I forget. It got kind of aimless and boring.

I watched the first few episodes of season 1 but the tone and accents were just god awful.

Zombies are just played out :p

Course, I was a zombie fan for 20+ years so .

Just finished it. I'm actually not that disappointed that the governor didn't die. Because the person that he was is finished and him killing all those people is pretty much the end of Woodbury. If he comes back as the main villain next season then that will be disappointing. Also seeing those guys realize they've been taking orders from a total psychopath was awesome. I mean they did stuff that was pretty reprehensible but now they realize that they're just a couple of tools following an even bigger tool.

I read the comic series when it first started, up to about 66 or 75. I forget. It got kind of aimless and boring.

I watched the first few episodes of season 1 but the tone and accents were just god awful.

Zombies are just played out :p

Course, I was a zombie fan for 20+ years so .

I've never been a big zombie genre fan, I guess that's why I bought into this series, but I honestly can't see where this show is going. If they're all infected, I just don't see an endgame but that's always been my problem with any zombie stories.

So myk, did you throw your TV out the window tonight?? Holy crap, the Governor is just straight evil, scarier that no one stood up and pulled the trigger after he wasted everyone on the road.

Much like the writer's of the Walking Dead I wussed out and failed miserably; I threw my PS3 remote at my bean bag chair instead. I have been a staunch supporter of the show, but even I couldn't stomach the direction they chose for the finale, and I can see why that one writer left, probably in utter disgust. I will say that I made money off of this finale though; I knew, JUST KNEW they were going to pull this sort of a stunt...

I didn't get to see it last night. Does somebody feel like summing it up in a spoiler tag for me?

Don't be like that, just watch it, and have your expectations splattered on the ground like ours were...

So I was on the fence with the last episode...and then I thought...

What the frakk??? Kill Andrea??? You've basically killed off a couple of future storylines with this and you lose your only dead eye in the group.

Governor going postal on his troops could be forgiven if he would have actually gotten what he deserved in the end. I guess this is why Mazzara is leaving. A bus load of Walker bait moves into the prison instead of taking a perfectly fortified town? Such an amazing season almost erased in the last 5 minutes of the finale.

I feel the show's need to be different then the original source is treading dangerous waters. Not sure what next season will bring, but for the first time I'm not overly excited about it.

The finale was such a letdown.

The one part I did like was The Governor gunning down his own people. It completed his descent into madness and kept the main character group from being too hard so it still feels like they have compassion. Martinez and the other guy - you guys are dumb! I know you're only henchmen but can you see that you're better off without your fearless leader? C'mon!

I've wanted Andrea to die for a while now because I can't stand her character. But seriously, that was the dumbest way for her to go out. She can shoot her own zombie sister. She can handle 3 zombies at once with a small knife while one holds her from behind but she can't deal with Zombie Milton with both hands free and a pair of pliers? WTF?!

Is the story depicted in the comics still centered in Georgia only? Any hints on what is going on in the rest of the US....or world?

Maybe it's time for the tv series to take a break and do some Walking Dead movie or mini-series specials depicting the zombie apocalypse across the globe....

I'd like to believe that hope is not lost and that there is still some hope for a "cure".....plus what about military and other ships that were out at sea when things started going to pieces?...Nuclear Submarines? North and South Pole? Remote areas of the world? Islands? International Space station? :rolleyes:

I'm with Carl shooting that a-hole kid. They were there to kill them. Plus how many times have we seen someone pretend to give someone a gun and tries to take theirs. They TOLD him to put it down.

They should hold off on killing people. I'm getting used to see them dying plus now I'm less and less invested in new characters... except Maggie! Don't you harm a hair on her pretty head!

I don't think it's the finale, but I think I'm starting to remember why I don't like the Zombie genre. And the Walking Dead is really sinking into the just another zombie show category.

Is the story depicted in the comics still centered in Georgia only? Any hints on what is going on in the rest of the US....or world?

Maybe it's time for the tv series to take a break and do some Walking Dead movie or mini-series specials depicting the zombie apocalypse across the globe....

I'd like to believe that hope is not lost and that there is still some hope for a "cure".....plus what about military and other ships that were out at sea when things started going to pieces?...Nuclear Submarines? North and South Pole? Remote areas of the world? Islands? International Space station? :rolleyes:

The last webisodes was depicted in L.A. But for some reason they had a picture of Rick and his family in a storage unit.

Wasn't expecting a complete punt on the Governor though was suspecting he would be sticking around into season 4.

Given the numerical advantage, frontal assault seems the best way if you have to fight. Governor doesn't have enough numbers to spread out around the whole prison without putting them at risk to walkers. Semi auto should definitely be the general rule along with proper overwatch and bounding instead of a wild Cobra mob charge.

Governor definitely flipped. Before that, I don't think he was all that bad, if a bit ruthless. The daughter thing I totally got. The heads didn't make much sense and smelled psycho, though. Going after Michonne made sense. Sort of like Herschel at the Farm, I would think he should want neighbors and to go grow the tribe. Wouldn't lower my guard, but I wouldn't think you'd be looking to wipe other groups out, either. I would have thought someone would have shot him easily but easy to see them panic, too. Shoot the speaker and then tell the others to load back up would have been more in line with the character being sane. Wash. I had the suspicion they wouldn't get rid of the Governor. Can't get rid of the Liam Neeson clone.

I think Carl was right

on taking the shot. If the other guy don't want to get shot, slowly lower it to the ground. Looked like he was trying to sneak it in to get a shot off.

If I was Rick, I'd have taken over Woodbury, not moved everyone to the prison.

Glad Andrea is gone. Hated her whole storyline.

Edited by Uxi

Carl was a stud last night,

Beth definitely needs to give it up to him NOW. If Herschel gets in the way Carl will just shoot him, lol. Who else here thinks Carl is actually Shane's baby also, lol...

The phrase its a Catch 22 is pretty much the undertone of this series, being evil & manipulative (Psycho) like the Governor is over the top.... on the other hand its Kill or be Killed, as far as Carl is viewing it even as just a young man, I'd rather go to sleep at night and keeping on living versus being Dead, especially when you consider the people of Woodbury were just there to kill you. And yeah Beth, at least a kiss for the boy!

Didn't want... Andrea to die but after her now the story took 360 degrees, no more like the comics or any thing related. I'm thinking may be the writers want to take it overseas, remember the last episode in season 1, when the scientist mentioned that they found a cure in France but they lost contact, who knows ?!

Is the story depicted in the comics still centered in Georgia only? Any hints on what is going on in the rest of the US....or world? Only thing we know is its global in the comic. There was talk of D.C. in the comic but it was also lost. They do go outside of Georgia eventually. No real big world interaction.

Maybe it's time for the tv series to take a break and do some Walking Dead movie or mini-series specials depicting the zombie apocalypse across the globe.... They haven't in the comics, in fact the show did more with the visit to the CDC and webisodes than the original source ever did when talking about the rest of the world. I suggest reading/watching World War Z :)

I'd like to believe that hope is not lost and that there is still some hope for a "cure".....plus what about military and other ships that were out at sea when things started going to pieces?...Nuclear Submarines? North and South Pole? Remote areas of the world? Islands? International Space station? :rolleyes:Again...nada...read/watch World War Z

• 4 weeks later...

Someone should have taught Laurie Holden some trigger discipline. It may be loaded with blanks, but get that woman's finger off of the trigger!

It won't even have blanks, someone off stage would have made sure of that. Ever since that guy shot himself with blanks and died I am sure they only give out guns loaded with them when needed for a shot.

It won't even have blanks, someone off stage would have made sure of that. Ever since that guy shot himself with blanks and died I am sure they only give out guns loaded with them when needed for a shot.

That's not the point. I've been around firearms all of my life and I was taught never to treat one like it was a toy. I was also taught never put your finger on the trigger unless you intend to shoot something. This includes unloaded weapons as Murphy's Law plays heavily into the dynamics of fracking around with guns. Sure the prop handlers may have made sure the weapon did not have a loaded magazine or a round in the chamber, but accidents can and will happen. It is a certainty. You just DO NOT play with a firearm, even one that fires blanks. That is how people get hurt. If I was the guy in charge of the weapons on that show and I caught someone doing what Laurie Holden was doing, I would have smacked her upside the head like my drill instructor in boot camp would have done.

Haha... Easier said than done. I see where you're coming from but that kind of attitude on a set especially towards a main actor will get you booted so fast it'll make you're head spin. That's why there's always a bunch of people in different departments talking crap. But at the end of the day you just swallow your pride and irritation and talk about how great of a person that actor is to you. But a real prop guy would have taken her aside and tell her not to do that. My guess is though is that they gave them rubber guns. She still needs to hold it correctly just to get use to handling a gun properly, but most of the time an actor get a rubber gun unless they're shooting blanks in a scene.

I would have smacked her upside the head like my drill instructor in boot camp would have done.

And you would have been fired that instant too. It was a photo shoot for a TV show featuring an actress who most likely NEVER held a gun other then on set (and most likely the one she is holding is a prop and not a real one with a firing pin, etc...). If you feel the need to slap someone it would be the weapons master on the set and not the actress (once again, only if that was a real gun weather loaded or not, rather then a very realistic prop)

• 2 months later...