So you wake up to a zombie apocalypse after getting shot, had to kill your best friend that's been banging your wife, who may or may not have been pregnant with his kid and then your kid had to kill her after giving birth to possible bastard and you find her remains devoured by a walker, and now you live inside a haven that most people spend their life trying to get out of, in the mean time some crazy cult leader is on his way to storm your prison...

big deal...

So one snippit I caught about Mazzara's departure was hinted at being about AMC execs wanting Season 4 to be again within the Prison story arc while Glenn wanted to move the story forward.

And from the article EXO linked it looks like its pretty common for AMC to blunder their own hit shows. Reminds me of a Kevin Smith video I saw not that long ago on youtube. It's just under 20 mins but the story he tells is quite entertaining, if not eye opening.

Yes!

Haha, good enough for me, I'll check it out again. I sort of lost interest after Lori bit it. Not because I liked her character, but it was sort of the climax for me and I figured that everything after might seem sort of bland. But I love Daryl and Glenn's characters so I'll try to get back into it and see where those characters go.

I don't know... I thought it got better when Frank Darabont left, so maybe it'll get better without Mazzara. As for the prison storyline, I'd like to see a really good reason for them to leave such a fortified secure place. The only thing I can think of is the promise of a cure. Beyond that, I can't see a point for the to go anywhere. Of course it'd be more exciting to get them out of the prison. Maybe it's time to start reading the books. lol.

Haha, good enough for me, I'll check it out again. I sort of lost interest after Lori bit it. Not because I liked her character, but it was sort of the climax for me and I figured that everything after might seem sort of bland. But I love Daryl and Glenn's characters so I'll try to get back into it and see where those characters go.

So did you see last night's episode? Wha'd you think?

Edited by myk

I don't know... I thought it got better when Frank Darabont left, so maybe it'll get better without Mazzara. As for the prison storyline, I'd like to see a really good reason for them to leave such a fortified secure place. The only thing I can think of is the promise of a cure. Beyond that, I can't see a point for the to go anywhere. Of course it'd be more exciting to get them out of the prison. Maybe it's time to start reading the books. lol.

I have not read beyond them leaving the prison, but from what I have seen/learned it sounds like it becomes another story of one group of survivors fighting another group of survivors. Personally I'm not interested in that, but I guess we'll see.

Chris

A slow start, great middle and one of the Best Shootout scenes since HEAT, Pay back has gotta be on the menu!

Zor, nice video of Kevin Smith. I've seen that before and its a awesome story! (Giant Spider!)

Probably one of the most cinematic episode yet. Action, storyline, plot, character development all there. The Governor reveling in the destruction was sick...and oh yeah...Zombie Bomb...epic!

If Rick's face at the end says anything, yeah...payback is going to be hell!

Hopefully we won't see any giant spiders in any future episode! ;)

Slower than last week, but still great.

Andrea's punking out kinda pissed me off but it would have been too easy to off the Governor that way.

Next week looks really good! We get to see someplace other than Woodbury and the Prison

I enjoyed last nights episode, nice to get away from the prison or Woodbury for a bit. Michonne opening up was a nice touch. The guy with backpack....

The preview for next weeks episode should be awesome, I could hear the BSG track Prelude to War while watching them load their weapons!

I'd go into greater details but maybe not everyone got to watch it last night.

I knew that Rick was going to offer Morgan to come with him and I thought WTF is Rick offering him? A chance to die in a war against woodbury? A place where a racist homicidal maniac is running around with one hand that ends in a knife? The chance to be with a group that is now half of the number they used to be? It's funny that Rick is looking at Morgan like he's crazy. Maybe that gave him perspective.

I knew that Rick was going to offer Morgan to come with him and I thought WTF is Rick offering him? A chance to die in a war against woodbury? A place where a racist homicidal maniac is running around with one hand that ends in a knife? The chance to be with a group that is now half of the number they used to be? It's funny that Rick is looking at Morgan like he's crazy. Maybe that gave him perspective.

I actually felt like Michonne also provided a bit of perspective for Rick at the end of the episode when she tells him she talked to her dead boyfriend for like 6 month's or however long she said. She also confronted him on seeing people who are dead, which I think really needed to be done. Hershel did the same, but it was too soft imo. Her directness in confronting Rick on the issue was not sugar coated at all.

Edited by Loop

I actually felt like Michonne also provided a bit of perspective for Rick at the end of the episode when she tells him she talked to her dead boyfriend for like 6 month's or however long she said. She also confronted him on seeing people who are dead, which I think really needed to be done. Hershel did the same, but it was too soft imo. Her directness in confronting Rick on the issue was not sugar coated at all.

But don't they all see dead people? ;)

:lol:

I certainly hope we do see more of Morgan. I certainly felt more for Morgan than most of the characters on that show. Rick, the Governor, and even the 30-strong band of roving rapists at least had their respective groups to experience the horror with. All Morgan had was his son, and he arguably failed to defend him and ultimately became alone. Truly sad...

Edited by myk

It was a woman, I remember thinking "HOT body" in all that armor.

And nothing happened to her did it?

I guess we'll find out what she's up to soon enough.

hitch-hiker scene reminded me of the scene of the little girl wearing the red dress in Schindler's List....

The way they stopped to grab his backback left me thinking that Rick's group is just a couple of more tragedies from just losing all semblances of "humanity"....

hitch-hiker scene reminded me of the scene of the little girl wearing the red dress in Schindler's List....

The way they stopped to grab his backback left me thinking that Rick's group is just a couple of more tragedies from just losing all semblances of "humanity"....

Which is why I've always said that "Walking Dead" is just as much about Rick and the survivors as it is about walking, dead zombies. Rick and his dwindling group are alive, but are exceedingly less human as their conditions force them to change their morals/ethics; they're the real zombies, IMO...

Nah, he would have just gotten in the way, most likely no shooting experience, prob would have stood around all wide eyed during a shoot out.Rick and gang had a job to do,packpacker would have slowed them down.

Maybe under different circumstances they would have stopped to give him a ride, just bad timing.

But they got a free packpack out of it.

It was a woman, I remember thinking "HOT body" in all that armor.

And nothing happened to her did it?

I guess we'll find out what she's up to soon enough.

Blink-and-you-missed-it, but I'm sure Rick shot her after he ran out of bullets for his rifle. He was targeting her with his rifle prior to it.

But don't they all see dead people? ;)

:lol:

Hey, get your own material. :p

Edited by Tober