HG and Robotech Debates

The Comic-Con panel was pretty much like every other panel they've done. And that's why it was scheduled on Thursday.

Hahaha, so the few who were bragging that it was going to be something spectacular, and that HG was probably going to mention something new, basically have proven (AGAIN) that they don't know $h!t about what they're saying, and somehow, the people and fans who are somewhat detached to the whole "HG is perfect" group can see it also. Can't say that I'm surprised, cause I'm not. Supposedly, they showed the same Sera w/ pink panties pic w/ her invid shield and gun w/ fire around, and did the same skirting of issues. OK, onto other topics within this topic...

So we're at it again with Comic Con International 2010, and like it's bajillion other Robotech panels in the recent months, Harmony Gold wants you to know how much people like attending their AWEEESOME panels.

Dicks.jpg

However, like I've said before, a great panel is not about the size of your audience, but the content. And this year, we got...

1.) Absolutely nothing regarding the Robotech Live Action Movie. Shocking.

2.) A new near-mythical Robotech cartoon coming out next year, but it seems they left out Sera's panties. (Too many people to ban if they posted it on the net)

3.) Reprinted collection of forgettable comics whose individual issues are worth little more than toilet paper.

4.) Another Robotech Soundtrack collection, with more unreleased songs. If you liked those techno-Sentinels songs, you'll love this one!

5.) A DYRL variant of the Battlepod - So Toynami can shove it to Macross fans faces that they own the merchandising rights.

6.) And finally, if you haven't had your fill of Carl Macek tributes, then you're in luck because they're filming one, filled with footage from Macek's previous appearances at conventions. Yeah...

So if you've been following the franchise for some time, this reveals... absolutely nothing. Harmony Gold is still raking in the 'big bucks' on reselling, repackaging content while promising clearer skies in the future.

If you can help it, don't be like this guy.

MEMO1DOMINION:

HAS COME AND GONE AND THERE IS A GOOD REPORT WRITTEN BY SIGHUP AND WITH PICTURES TO SHOW OF THE PANEL HERE

MUCH WAS REPEATED FROM WHAT WAS SAID AT ANIME EXPO AND MECHA CON. SO ALL THE NEWS WAS TOLD EARLIER THAN AT COMIC CON.

STILL MORE CONS TO GO AND HOPE SOMEONE LETS US KNOW WITH FOLLOW UP NEWS.

If you like to wallow in nostalgia and wish to contemplate on vague promises, you must be in cloud 9 after reading this. If not, I'm pretty sure there's a hundred other cooler, more promising franchises out there for more deserving of your mindshare.

Edited by chrisk

So we're at it again with Comic Con International 2010, and like it's bajillion other Robotech panels in the recent months, Harmony Gold wants you to know how much people like attending their AWEEESOME panels.

If you like to wallow in nostalgia and wish to contemplate on vague promises, you must be in cloud 9 after reading this. If not, I'm pretty sure there's a hundred other cooler, more promising franchises out there for more deserving of your mindshare.

Can't say we didn't warn you.

Oh wait.

..., chances of SDCC being somewhat the same as AX2010 are fairly high.
"We told you so"

Hahaha, so the few who were bragging that it was going to be something spectacular, and that HG was probably going to mention something new, basically have proven (AGAIN) that they don't know $h!t about what they're saying

Eh, was it ever in any doubt? Most of this noise about the convention panel being a spectacular event and the site of the next big reveal was coming from Maverick_LSC and MEMO1DOMINION, a duo known for being habitual liars and shameless Harmony Gold apologists. After all, Maverick is an emasculated husband who ardently desires to be a "big name fan" to compensate for the fact that his wife treats his hobby as something shameful to be concealed from their friends, and MEMO is probably still operating under the assumption that if he sucks up to Tommy enough and continues to purge his critics from the fanbase, Tommy'll offer him a job at Harmony Gold. They tell lies like that in a desperate attempt to make it look like they're insiders, and as part of a rather unsuccessful bid to keep what's left of the online fanbase from realizing that the franchise is going nowhere and has been for a long time.

[...] So if you've been following the franchise for some time, this reveals... absolutely nothing [...]

So, in short, Harmony Gold continues to live down to our expectations by accomplishing nothing and telling the fans bugger all, then attempting to disguise their lack of progress and talent by endlessly hyping the same repackaged goods from five years ago. It's nice to know that even after 25 years of ineptitude and failure, Harmony Gold hasn't changed a bit. ;)

After last year's big news was "Warner Bros has the rights to merchandising for a live action movie" which was something that completely went without saying it was pretty clear that HG had run out of things to talk about. If Carl hadn't died this year probably would have been an exact re-run.

EDIT - another thing that's always fun to consider is who immediately follow the RT panel. Often times at SDCC the room is crowded because the NEXT event is worth being at. I believe it was 2 years ago the panel preceded like a Twilight conversation or something so the room was flooded.

Edited by jenius

How did you get drunk on sex?

Dunno it might have something to do with the fact that I dumped Minmay, for this alien chick named Mimay...

I believe it was 2 years ago the panel preceded like a Twilight conversation or something so the room was flooded.

Wait! What? So even Protoculture can't repel these "sparkling vampires"?

Wait! What? So even Protoculture can't repel these "sparkling vampires"?

Unless Protoculture contains massive amounts of Z-4,5,9-trithiadodeca-1,6,11-triene 9-oxide (perhaps the most useful naturally occurring medicinal ingredient in Garlic).... then no.

EDIT - another thing that's always fun to consider is who immediately follow the RT panel. Often times at SDCC the room is crowded because the NEXT event is worth being at. I believe it was 2 years ago the panel preceded like a Twilight conversation or something so the room was flooded.

Isn't that pretty much the reason for half of the attendance at any given Robotech panel?

Anyone want to help me pass out the "sunglasses" at these Robotech panels?

robotechtheylive.png

Why didn't we think of it before? All we need to do is call up Rowdy Roddy Pipper to save us from HG!!

New project eh? Didn't I quipped a coupla months back on the previous same thread (already in the archive) that the only things vaiable to spur RT franchise would still be a MOSPEADA II project.

And as I from time to time like to egg on TPTB at RT.com / RTX regarding Mospeada Love Live Alive to be re-edited into post RTSC follow-ups.

I've been promoting both ideas at RT.com atleast since 2-3 years back. It would not be a surprise that HG might get wind of it, since RTSR on 'hiatus' & RT: LAM in development hell.

I thought "The Shadow Chronicles" was the Mospeada II project that they were going to redub & makret in asia. poor deluded fanboys smile.gif

Edited by Keith

New project eh? Didn't I quipped a coupla months back on the previous same thread (already in the archive) that the only things vaiable to spur RT franchise would still be a MOSPEADA II project.

Mospeada is dead, Jim. Tatsunoko doesn't care anymore. Just another semi-forgotten Macross ripoff.

Yes, and the news/response outside the usual channels is as if HG was not even there at all this year. Interest sure has plummeted.

So, it's just business as usual then? Harmony Gold makes a big fuss over how many people attended their panel, and most of the people at the convention barely noticed that they were even present.

I thought "The Shadow Chronicles" was the Mospeada II project that they were going to redub & makret in asia. poor deluded fanboys

Something like that... I remember Tommy saying something about the reason they wanted to redesign all the characters was so they'd be able to market it in Japan without getting sued six ways to Sunday.

Mospeada is dead, Jim. Tatsunoko doesn't care anymore. Just another semi-forgotten Macross ripoff.

Eh, they cared enough to try to make some money on it again a while back... it didn't pan out well.

Eh, they cared enough to try to make some money on it again a while back... it didn't pan out well.

What are you referring to? Out of non-toys, I only know of that artbook from some time ago.

Edited by hulagu

If you talking about the CM's release, they were just going through the motions. If you look at their catalog, they do not favor one particular series over the rest.

They're making new Acrobunch toys for pete's sake

THAT'S funny...

Oh it gets even better. 5 minutes after I posted the "They Live" parody I get a little email from a convention director...

Long story short I will actually be hosting a Robotech panel at Dragon Con. :lol:

And on that note LoneWolf, Seto, Azrael may I incorporate your great info and sources from the first post into my presentation? ^_^

And on that note LoneWolf, Seto, Azrael may I incorporate your great info and sources from the first post into my presentation? ^_^

You got my permission, feel free. :lol:

Oh it gets even better. 5 minutes after I posted the "They Live" parody I get a little email from a convention director...

Long story short I will actually be hosting a Robotech panel at Dragon Con. :lol:

Sure....BUT, you'll probably want to read the stuff I have in there since most people don't nor do they take the time to even understand what any of it means. And actually research Japanese copyright (i.e., Just spend an hour on Wikipedia) and other material. Five seconds using Google will probably give you more than enough material to research. Heck, I would pick the brains of an intellectual property lawyer.

What's the panel gonna be called? That actually sounds like an interesting panel, although, I wonder if it would be one of those panels that would basically be just one big debate between truth and what people wanna believe is true.

Heck, I would pick the brains of an intellectual property lawyer.

Conveniently enough my track director actually has 14 years of experience in dealing with Japanese intellectual properties.

What's the panel gonna be called? That actually sounds like an interesting panel, although, I wonder if it would be one of those panels that would basically be just one big debate between truth and what people wanna believe is true.

I'll probably call it "25 years of Robotech" or something, still working on wording the blurb for the programming guide actually. As for the debate issue its all the more reason I want to use solid documented sources when I cover the copyrights issue in my presention before time permitting I open up for a Q&A.