Official Yamato v.2 1/60 VF-1S TV Version

Macross World Daddy

Good evening all,

I just received my VF-1S today; Roy version. I must say, as nice as the posted pictures are, this valkyrie is just awesome in person! And with the bright white color as opposed to the gray/white, it just catches your eye on the shelf. I also liked the skull & crossbones w/"VF-1S" on the inside of the packaging. I thought that was neat. Anyways, just thought I'd take a sec and share my thoughts. Later.

Seeing as this is your 3rd post I will be the first second or third or beyond depending if any else did it. Welcome to Macrossworld you won't be dissappointed. :D And congradulations on getting Roy, but here is a warning from someone who has both Roy and Hikaru. If you are planning on decaling your Roy, Yamato did not print 001 on the ventral fin on the leg nor did they print a white 001 on the sticker sheet they supplied it with, and since both 1/60 Max and Millia sold out your S.O.L Since they have it on therir sticker sheet, talk about irony.:(

Edited by VF-18S Hornet

Hey guys, I do like the bright white this toy is molded in. Do you think it will yellow over time? That's what I am afraid of.

Gosh, I'm too afraid to even consider that possibility. As it is, I'm doing what I can to minimize the risk of my Valks yellowing. My Max TV VF-1A, Hikaru VF-1J, and Hik/Roy TV VF-1S's are all kept in their boxes. Will take them out to mess around with them once in a while, but these won't be on display until I can UV-proof the windows of my display room.

Gosh, I'm too afraid to even consider that possibility. As it is, I'm doing what I can to minimize the risk of my Valks yellowing. My Max TV VF-1A, Hikaru VF-1J, and Hik/Roy TV VF-1S's are all kept in their boxes. Will take them out to mess around with them once in a while, but these won't be on display until I can UV-proof the windows of my display room.

low e glass is SO worth it. toys aside, our electricity bill went from 140 bucks to 50 bucks.

Seeing as this is your 3rd post I will be the first second or third or beyond depending if any else did it. Welcome to Macrossworld you won't be dissappointed. :D And congradulations on getting Roy, but here is a warning from someone who has both Roy and Hikaru. If you are planning on decaling your Roy, Yamato did not print 001 on the ventral fin on the leg nor did they print a white 001 on the sticker sheet they supplied it with, and since both 1/60 Max and Millia sold out your S.O.L Since they have it on therir sticker sheet, talk about irony.:(

Thanks Hornet! I've actually been a member for a while now but I've been away from the site for maybe a couple years. I recently started reading the forums again and rekindled my passion for all things Macross. I used to be active on the old forums way back when Kevin's Valkyrie-Exchange was still open. I mostly just read nowadays. I have all the TV & DYRL V1 1/60s and the majority of the 1/48s. V2 Roy is my second V2 1/60 and my first V2 was the VF-1S Hikaru Anniversary/Plus version which I purchased two weeks prior. I wasn't planning on decaling Roy any time soon, but would the older V1 decal sheets have the white 001? (My 1/60s are stacked at the bottom of one of my closets and am a little lazy to dig them out, ;) ). Thanks.

Thanks Hornet! I've actually been a member for a while now but I've been away from the site for maybe a couple years. I recently started reading the forums again and rekindled my passion for all things Macross. I used to be active on the old forums way back when Kevin's Valkyrie-Exchange was still open. I mostly just read nowadays. I have all the TV & DYRL V1 1/60s and the majority of the 1/48s. V2 Roy is my second V2 1/60 and my first V2 was the VF-1S Hikaru Anniversary/Plus version which I purchased two weeks prior. I wasn't planning on decaling Roy any time soon, but would the older V1 decal sheets have the white 001? (My 1/60s are stacked at the bottom of one of my closets and am a little lazy to dig them out, ;) ). Thanks.

Sadly no, when I was checked all my T.V. V.2 1/60's from the VF-1D, CF VF-1A and 1J, to the VF-1A Max and Kakizaki, and last my VF-1J Hikaru w/armor parts they did not have it only the two VF-1J Max and Millia had it on their stickers sheets, and they have been discontiued or sold out on most sites. I had recenty accuired Millia on one site that still had it, but you could check Ebay to see if someone out there still has them, but becareful some do not update the photo of it being a 1/60 and it turns out to be a 1/48 instead. I would recomend Takatoys, but he does not make custom number on the sticker sheets he sells.

Finallly got the decals from takatoy's though he had only sent me two, I paid for four but we'll see when I get his e-mail. I had already began cutting out the Kite logo and some others and placed them on my TV. Hikaru 1S and it looks nice. See for yourself.

100_3106.jpg

100_3104.jpg

100_3102.jpg

100_3109.jpg

Edited by VF-18S Hornet

low e glass is SO worth it. toys aside, our electricity bill went from 140 bucks to 50 bucks.

Low e glass? This is probably a case of my own ignorance, but I've haven't heard of it before. Care to elaborate?

I've been looking at something called Crystal Bond or something. It's supposed to be some kind of nanotech spray that bonds to the glass itself, rendering the surface 99% UV proof, but with absolutely no alterations to the glass surface itself. It's not available as a DIY product, and you have to get a contractor to apply it. It's a relatively new product, and I haven't been able to find anyone who does that kind of application aside from auto shops that offer it for car windows. So far, I've only seen this on a newspaper ad for a new apartment building that lists UV-proofed windows as part of its eco-friendly features.

Back to low e glass, if it's more commercially available, maybe I'll opt for that instead.

Low e glass? This is probably a case of my own ignorance, but I've haven't heard of it before. Care to elaborate?

I've been looking at something called Crystal Bond or something. It's supposed to be some kind of nanotech spray that bonds to the glass itself, rendering the surface 99% UV proof, but with absolutely no alterations to the glass surface itself. It's not available as a DIY product, and you have to get a contractor to apply it. It's a relatively new product, and I haven't been able to find anyone who does that kind of application aside from auto shops that offer it for car windows. So far, I've only seen this on a newspaper ad for a new apartment building that lists UV-proofed windows as part of its eco-friendly features.

Back to low e glass, if it's more commercially available, maybe I'll opt for that instead.

low e is short for "Low emissivity". Basically it stops a good deal of radiant energy from coming through. If you're gonna get your windows done, it's worth it to get the low e coating done to it as well.

low e is short for "Low emissivity". Basically it stops a good deal of radiant energy from coming through. If you're gonna get your windows done, it's worth it to get the low e coating done to it as well.

Thanks for the info, man! I'll ask around and see if I can get the windows in my house coated with low e film.

I just had all new windows installed on my house, double pane, thermal coating, etc (in the demo the¥ put a heat lamp on each side :lol: ), so maybe I'll be good. Yeah, still gotta get a TV Roy... anyone see it at Frank yet? I should just order from AmiAmi, probably...

That all sounds great, but what abount the numerous "stored in a dark closet since bought, then opened up one day and they had yellowed" valks? You need to prevent both UV and oxygen from getting to your valks to really prevent yellowing---hard to live in an oxygen-free home... :)

That all sounds great, but what abount the numerous "stored in a dark closet since bought, then opened up one day and they had yellowed" valks? You need to prevent both UV and oxygen from getting to your valks to really prevent yellowing---hard to live in an oxygen-free home... :)

Time to start buying Pelican cases or something similar!

All toys yellow sadly, its just inescapable. Hopefully u get a few years out of it first. Icve got Transformers from 10 years ago that are still fine, but a model kit from 6 years ago thats yellow as hell.

Just grabbed a Kakizaki TV version 9FINALLY!) so I just need TV roy for my Vermillion team to be complete :) Thats the big 4 for me: TV Roy 1S, TV Hikaru 1J, and the Max and Kakizaki 1A's. I is now a Happy Scream Man :)

That's insane! With the money you are saving, that should pay itself off in no time!

yeah, without those windows, the temp inside the house would hit 76-80 degrees by 11am. With em, the house doesn't get above 73 degrees the whole day unless it's 90+ degree day.

And even when we do have to run the AC, we don't have to run it as long since the house keeps the hot out a lot better. Once we get the insulation in the ceiling up to recommended levels it should be even better.

Plus, those windows qualified for the energy rebate so it was just pure win all around.

So.. uhm, energy savings helped me afford my tv vf-1s (trying to tie this back to the topic...)

I'm afraid i'll never ever get to own M&M's, i say it every time a new scale comes out "yeah this time i'll get them!"

but no, they are a useless pair to get, once we got Max TV-1A, wtf does he do decent in the 1J anyways, hell i'd rather get a Max 1S.

Maybe i'll wilt for the bandai 1/100. Nah.

All i need now to be complete -

Roy TV-1S (bought waiting to ship)

Hikaru 1J (probably GBP-1S combo since i still need that, then i'll have complete Vermillion)

VF-1D

VE-1 ! ! !

and maybe a Max 1S. Oh and a Tomohawk 1/60.

then we got the unreleased Fire Valkyrie, Koenig, YF-21 1/100 (19?) rah rah rah rah rah blahhh.. who the hell has money?

And the Glaug 1/60, hell i'm locked up for thenext 3 years with things to get, i'm dead when they bring out a VF-4, VF-2SS etc..

I'll probably ditch the idea of a Max VF-22 now aswell seeing that the Bandai 1/100 looks extrememly sexy. AND CHEAPER.

The Fire Valk is probaly the most exciting thing to come out since the YF-21 and 11 for mine, i'll be getting that before those other VF-1's that's for sure.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Thank you :)

IS it sweet though? I mean its essentially almost 3 times the price, and all u are getting is a modded cockpit and some sensor gear.

Isn't there an inverse relationship between screen time and price for valkyrie toys? IIRC, the VE-1 has like 10s of screen time in DYRL.

GET the ElintSeeker. Trust me--It's pricy, but worth it. I never get tired of looking at it...Prob one of my top 3 favorite 1:60 ver.2 Valks. And IMHO, one of, if not the best, of the 1:60 ver.2 Line from Yamato. :o

The elintseeker is awesome in both fighter and gerwalk mode... Just forget the battroid mode. B)) Though, one of my friends make a remark which I found really funny: "Those elint pilots must be really smug on rainy days, huh?"

GET the ElintSeeker. Trust me--It's pricy, but worth it. I never get tired of looking at it...Prob one of my top 3 favorite 1:60 ver.2 Valks. And IMHO, one of, if not the best, of the 1:60 ver.2 Line from Yamato. :o

Out of curiosity, what are the other 2 valks in your top 3?

Also, would you recommend the Elintseeker over the VF-11? I have an empty spot next to my VF-1S and mass produced VF-1A and I'm still undecided on what would look better.

Also, would you recommend the Elintseeker over the VF-11? I have an empty spot next to my VF-1S and mass produced VF-1A and I'm still undecided on what would look better.

That's a tough call, I love both my Elintseeker and the two VF-11C's I own.

If you want a completely new valkyrie/sculpt, get the VF-11. You must get the Elintseeker down the road too, pure unadultered two seater awesomeness B))

I'm gonna say i guess my other top two are the YF-21 and my VF-IJ with the GBP armor i guess. I really don't know...I kinda love em all! :lol:

As for the Elint over the VF-11....I'm gonna go with Elint.... :o

Edited by derex3592