Look Up, Look Up, Look Up!

Noriko Takaya

Yeah, it's an odd choice of words using a Robotech song in a Macross thread, but today is the day Space War 1 ends, and we all know how that went. So, in mourning for those of us here on Earth who were vaporized in the heavy bombardment by Bodolza's fleet and those of us remaining to pick up the pieces, here's to better times ahead. And keep your eyes to the sky.

Edited by Noriko Takaya

Yeah, it's an odd choice of words using a Robotech song in a Macross thread, but today is the day Space War 1 ends, and we all know how that went. So, in mourning for those of us here on Earth who were vaporized in the heavy bombardment by Bodolza's fleet and those of us remaining to pick up the pieces, here's to better times ahead. And keep your eyes to the sky.

Did the Palin family get to the Grand Cannon in time...?

Y'know, we can poke fun at RowBoatech all we want but that is a pretty good tune all things considered. It's still in my rotation 20 odd years later. It was everything a schlocky 80's faux ballad was meant to be.

I agree. Most things RT make me cringe these days, but that song, especially the MATIAS D' ANDREA version, still makes me smile.

I guess it doesn't matter now that we're all dead.

I guess it doesn't matter now that we're all dead.

Okay...I figure that I must have survived somehow, which means I'm holed up in a shetler, or at one of the Grand Cannons, or on the Apollo Moon Base, or on board the Macross. Yet I appear to be delusonal, because I'm having the most life-like vision of being at home, on a somewhat overcast but otherwise normal afternoon.

So yeah...either I'm hallucinating, or the afterlife is a lot less interesting than I'd hoped.

By the way, I wasn't being derogatory about the Robotech song; it's actually one of the fw songs I like from Robotech. I just felt that it was kind of fitting for what was going to happen today in the Macross timeline. If you think about it, the sky literally did fall down what with all of the energy bolts from the Bodolza fleet and all the junk and exploded debris from the battle. Would have made life interesting for those on the ground who survived looking up at all that carnage. Althopugh there was plenty of that to go around on the surface too.

Man, I meant to post this last night before hitting the sack (well, not the Robotech song [still you got me back, Noriko]). Today's the day, and i didn't make it to Alaska as initially (jokingly) planned. Though I think Modesto's so lame as is, the lasers probably missed here. Afterall, the bombardment wasn't as strong as the one demonstrated earlier. The atmosphere didn't burn off, so it stands to reason someplaces survived. I volunteer the unlikely survival of Modesto, the San Francisco bay area (for later inclusion aboard Macross Frontier), Yosemite valley, and Disneyland.v

After all, we're all still posting here, and the blasts certainly didn't wake me until just now. Who's to say Edgewater and Annapolis, MD along with Colorado Springs didn't at least partially survive?

I'd say, it's V-S day. Though with much of the Earth desolate, who's really celebrating?

SOUND OFF HERE IF YOU'RE STILL ALIVE! Come in Grand Cannon.

Okay...I figure that I must have survived somehow, which means I'm holed up in a shetler, or at one of the Grand Cannons, or on the Apollo Moon Base, or on board the Macross. Yet I appear to be delusonal, because I'm having the most life-like vision of being at home, on a somewhat overcast but otherwise normal afternoon.

So yeah...either I'm hallucinating, or the afterlife is a lot less interesting than I'd hoped.

Due to your avatar as the cute girl with glasses, you were stuck in sickbay with hallucinations/coma just like Laura Roslin/Nanase during the final battle.

I volunteer the unlikely survival of Modesto, the San Francisco bay area (for later inclusion aboard Macross Frontier), Yosemite valley, and Disneyland.v

After all, we're all still posting here, and the blasts certainly didn't wake me until just now. Who's to say Edgewater and Annapolis, MD along with Colorado Springs didn't at least partially survive?

Unlikely survival? Nah it was all planned. Arnold Schwarzenegger got the Greys to rig his election as governor years ago, this time the governator just pulled a few favors with his old Zentrai gym buddies so they would "miss" California.

http://politicalhumor.about.com/library/im...ealien.htm?rd=1

Edited by Freiflug88

Who's to say Edgewater and Annapolis, MD along with Colorado Springs didn't at least partially survive?

Oh I'm definitely toast. I live near quite a few military targets. Washington DC for one, and there's a Naval base along with the Academy in Annapolis. Then there's the Pentagon. But I would have had foreknowledge, and planned for this event. Got a fifty-fifty chance of survival. Since I'm typing this, I survived.

Come in Grand Cannon...

Well, it's not like the Zentradi knew of where all our bases and such were. So it's not like they'd be aiming for Washington anyway. With the UN in control, who's to say Washington's a prime target anymore anyway.

I also figure that since we've been recieving those broadcasts from the Macross, we'd also prepare for it. Hence Macross World is technically the last bastion to humanity on Earth.

Oh, and if you want that Michael Bradley song, here it is: Michael Bradley - "Look Up! The Sky is Falling"

Actually, I saw him perform it live years ago. He also did a pretty mean version of "We Can Win". It kicked so much ass, he was forced to do it again. That's right, We Can Win actually not sucking in it's repetitiveness.

Nice one, Fleiflug88

Edited by Mercurial Morpheus

I'M ALIVE!!! I can't believe it. This is so cool. I survived! I didn't even need to wear this military protective gear and helmet after all!

Take that Zentraedi, ya can't kill me!! hahaha.

Oh wait, there's a little girl holding a flower waving at me. Where the hell are her parents? Oh well, i'd better go to her and see if she's ok...

Your a Ghost. That or this is Purgatory.

I'M ALIVE!!! I can't believe it. This is so cool. I survived! I didn't even need to wear this military protective gear and helmet after all!

Take that Zentraedi, ya can't kill me!! hahaha.

Oh wait, there's a little girl holding a flower waving at me. Where the hell are her parents? Oh well, i'd better go to her and see if she's ok...

Twas a noble thing you did. Reminds me of the elderly gentleman at the end of A Night to Remember "Don't worry, we find mummie, we'll soon find her...".

Now we have to survive the Nuclear winter at least last on till the Fraking UN comes and moves us to Alaska or were ever that monstrosity from outer space landed.

Well, we're about, oooooh, 10 years behind. Still waiting for that ship to crash on a small Pacific island....

The UN forces/Coalition couldn't retrieve Alaska Base survivors; we are too busy receiving casualties from Marjah City in Helmand, where the freakin Pashtus deny the Zentran's existence and insist we are trying to destroy their 'Flower of Life' crop fields.

Any serviceable mecha & crews will be accepted to join the fight to neutralize the insurgents,though. Our trauma center had a busy day[mercifully, most treated were not "ours"].

Vesp

• 1 month later...

over 25 years later, all we get are transforming planes less than one feet in size, with scratching paint or exploding shoulders...so much for overtechnology! Guess we really need alien engineering to improve our collectibles!

That song is the ONLY thing good about Robotech.

Id have to agree with that, that song is also the only song i have from robotech on my pc lol

Come on! Where's the love for Reba Wests' stunning rendition of "My Time to be a Star"??