Yamato 1/60 VF-19 Fire Valkyrie

UN Spacy

It looks floopy.

That’s because this is the original resin prototype that has been painted for this last exhibition. It’s quite normal than a resin prototype is floppy, also consider that it’s been around for over a year now…

The black plastic version looks much better.

I dunno, Macross 7 in general struck me as Kawamori's way of saying " $%^&*()P)))))&^%%^& all of you, you want me to make sequel upon sequel for this brand when I want to move on? Alright HAVE AT IT, your Roy Focker is dead, you get VISUAL KEI INSTEAD!", so for trying to make an artistic expression, when I was younger I felt this was kind of a ballsy move for Kawamori and then,....pretty cool.

meh, more like Kawamori-san, much like most of his fellow generation

of the peace&love, Disco&SuperRobots decade of the 1970's,

was feeling serious pangs of nostalgia by the early-mid 1990's,

and used MAC-7 to express them.

that's S'all it's about, i feel...

Edited by Shaorin

...70s? Macross 7?

It all makes sense now!

um, Macross 7 came out in 1994. 1994 = the 80's :huh:

It helps to follow along with the entire conversation

Does anyone know if the fire valkyrie will come with a locking mechanism for the shoulders in gerwalk mode?

Yes, it will. I'll look for a picture for you later. In fact this toy will come with lots of locking mechanisms for all its three modes.

Yes, it will. I'll look for a picture for you later. In fact this toy will come with lots of locking mechanisms for all its three modes.

I am looking forward on seeing these pictures. It was a bummer that the yf-19 wasn't solid in any of the three modes. I am glad to hear the fire valkyrie will feature new and improved locking mechanisms.

I think he is referring to Kawamori's teenage years during the 70s.

exactly. he grew up in the Super Robot era. he was in his thirties when he worked on MAC 7,

and quite possibly made the series as it is to express his probable sentimental feelings

for the 1970's at the time.

besides, MAC 7 was only a single part of a large trend in the first half of the 1990's,

a trend of neo-retro 70's flavored Anime, as well as several modern remakes of 70's classics...

I'm hoping we see a blazer, this fire valk scheme and head are probably the ugliest thing I've ever seen.

S'all good in the end, so long as YAMATO milks the mold with a BLAZER, YF-19 MAC PLUS/DOUBLE NUTSver.II and whatever other variants out there they feel economically feasible.

they do that, and they'll likely satisfy ALL of us, whatever flavor of -19 we happen to prefer,

and that's what really counts i think...

Edited by Shaorin

I wonder how many people are excited about the prospect of the VF-19S than the Fire Valk itself. :p

If, I really mean just IF; if the Fire Valk doesn't sell well, please Yamato don't assume that we don't want the other VF-19s or M7 valks.

Edited by ff95gj

While M7 wasn't too popular amongst fans here in the West, I've heard it was quite popular in Japan. That said, I hope all those who were fans of that show buy this toy, and open it up to other variants with this mold. I really want a VF-19 from VFX-2 Ravens video game. The Blazer Valk would be nice as well. I'm liking the Basara version quite well, and I can't wait to see production pics of it. Those gaps and such should be fixed by then??? (fingers crossed)

Hi Reivaj, what's your opinion of ishop2go compared to hlj in terms of pricing, shipping, and customer quality satisfaction and do you recommend them? Thanks!

I really don´t know, AlphaOne, I’ve never bought anything from Ishop2go. Maybe someone else has some experience with them and can tell us. I have always bought my Macross stuff from HLJ and AmiAmi –just depending of their respective prices- with great result, also from a HK e-bay seller who sometimes has very competitive prices.

It looks like we can know now how much poorer we’re going to be in a couple of months: Ishop2go has the Yamato 1/60 VF-19FIRE for pre-order with a selling price of $US 225.64 (6% off) + $US25.59/$US32.87 for shipping to the States.

Link: http://www.ishop2go.com/productUR_030_PR_0000299_Prt_en.html

Waiting for AmiAmi link first.

May be Yamato should consider producing a limited Rupaul VF-19F :lol:

Not unless they want to get shot at. :lol:

Edited by VF-18S Hornet

Cool thanks Reivaj. How is amiami? Pretty comparable to hlj?

I like Amiami's prices for their preorders. Most of the time, it's a great deal. I've bought the BD version of Frontier Movie from them I think for $53, and preordered the YF-29 for I think it was $125 or something like that. Don't quote me, but they're usually well priced. They price their stuff to move fast.

Cool thanks Reivaj. How is amiami? Pretty comparable to hlj?

In my experience, AmiAmi has great customer service and lower list prices than HLJ. The only thing I don't like about them is that their shipping isn't as good as HLJ. Every AmiAmi order I've ever gotten has come in a needlessly over-sized box full packing peanuts/crumpled paper. Between that and the fact that they only offer EMS means their shipping prices tend to be higher than HLJ.

If you can get an order in while they're doing a discounted shipping promotion there prices are amazing.

In my experience, AmiAmi has great customer service and lower list prices than HLJ. The only thing I don't like about them is that their shipping isn't as good as HLJ. Every AmiAmi order I've ever gotten has come in a needlessly over-sized box full packing peanuts/crumpled paper. Between that and the fact that they only offer EMS means their shipping prices tend to be higher than HLJ.

If you can get an order in while they're doing a discounted shipping promotion there prices are amazing.

EMS charges by weight, not by size. So all that extra cardboard isn't going to run up the shipping cost by that much. ^_^

EMS charges by weight, not by size. So all that extra cardboard isn't going to run up the shipping cost by that much. ^_^

it's not the cardboard, it's the 50,000 foam peanuts in the box that add all the weight. ;)