The Amazing Spider-Man, on Blu-Ray/DVD Nov. 9, 2012

areaseven

It's very sad for the Theatre industry.

There is no more creativity in what the majors bring to us !!

At least, 5 years agor remakes where done on a generational basis (with at least a 20 year gap between them).

Now be just reboot franchises on a 10year basis ???

I just says it sucks !

When do we have to expect the reboot of the Ironman franchise or the X-Men franchise?

It's very sad for the Theatre industry.

There is no more creativity in what the majors bring to us !!

At least, 5 years agor remakes where done on a generational basis (with at least a 20 year gap between them).

Now be just reboot franchises on a 10year basis ???

I just says it sucks !

When do we have to expect the reboot of the Ironman franchise or the X-Men franchise?

It shouldn't need it (reboot) if the third movie wasn't that bad.

Edited by macrossnake

Meh....

spiderman 4 didnt have to be canned they had a friggin story

they could of used some of the material from the spiderman 3 game, like peter's professor becoming the lizard.

I've always been fond that of villain, and I know they could of made him look bad ass

I really don't want to see a reboot of the franchise because it's just unnecessary

and I don't want to see the same villains all over again.

Tobey had to drop out to concentrate on his Rick Hunter role! (everyone cringes)

I never saw Spiderman 3, disliked part 2 enough to bail on part 3 - and I like Spiderman.

Note to Tobey M - if you are working on RB please make it rated R with the gritty feel of District 9. But the same amount of sexual content as D9, or less (that should be obvious).

If you make it hard-core and avoid the fluff you might be able to earn the respect of even the most devoted haters.

(might)

Smart move dropping Spidey though - time to pilot your V!

on the subject of reboots and remakes...

I kinda like the trend. The problem with making endless sequels is, you are constantly starting with a crippled premise. I mean with the current Spidey franchaise, the coolest bad guys have been exhausted, we already know his relationships with the girls, its like, whats next and who cares? Lets get a new vision of the thing.

now Xmen is totally different, they have so many characters they can develop so its not like they are boxed in as they are wtih Spiderman.

Note to Tobey M - if you are working on RB please make it rated R with the gritty feel of District 9. But the same amount of sexual content as D9, or less (that should be obvious).

...Because seeing the INSIDE of someone's body is fine, it's seeing the OUTSIDE that's the problem. :wacko:

Meh....

spiderman 4 didnt have to be canned they had a friggin story

they could of used some of the material from the spiderman 3 game, like peter's professor becoming the lizard.

I've always been fond that of villain, and I know they could of made him look bad ass

I really don't want to see a reboot of the franchise because it's just unnecessary

and I don't want to see the same villains all over again.

yeah, but you're assuming that Raimi's spidey 4 would have used cool villains like your suggested Lizard, or that the story would be something interesting. however, from the little tidbits that have been going around, Raimi's pitch was to use the Vulture. And if rumors were to be believed, they would even be using Felicia Hardy, not as the Cat, but as the Vulturess (??!). I have no idea what plot they could come up with to make that dastardly combination even work.

Even with respect to the love story, they already painted themselves into a corner. After the fiasco that was the Gwen Stacy in Spidey3, they couldn't very well introduce a new love interest that would be believable. The love triangle was done (and very poorly) and resolved, so there would be no point in revisiting that conflict. So what will be the story with Peter and MJ - marriage? kids? you can only show Maguire and Dunst making out on a godawful giant web in NY before you get sick of them. And god forbid Peter and MJ have another fight -- I don't want to see Tobey Maguire cry like a friggin baby again.

Sure, i want another Spidey movie. But if the concepts Raimi was pushing around were as bad as they say, then I'm all for scrapping the whole template and starting anew. I agree with AgentONE; you can only do so many sequels (whether it's a good premise, or a crippled one) before it gets stale and repetitive. If you want proof, you need look no further than Spidey 3, which had to revisit the murder of Uncle Ben as a major storyline in order for there to be a new conflict. What will we discover for Spidey 4, that it was actually the Vulture that caused Flint Marco to accidentally pull the trigger?? :p

Hello, you must be new to America. Graphic violence is fine but nudity and consensual adult sexuality is strictly frowned upon.

I'm delving OT here but for a Robotech live action film it would make sense to want it to be frank with the violence without using the related rating as an excuse to add sexuality that wasn't overt in the original story. It's a war story with love themes, not a sex story with war themes.

I'm happy abut this choice so far!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100120/ap_en_...film_spider_man

Joseph Gordon-Levitt as Peter and Zooey Deschannel as Gwen!!! Haha... That'd be cool! Jessica Biel as Maryjane!

if only. I like the director though.

The new director is a romantic comedy guy!?!?! HAHAHA! Is it gonna be an action movie? Maybe it will be a romantic drama focusing on the relationships and love life of a boy with these special powers... The chicks will love it, and since it will still say "Spiderman" you guys will no doubt run out and see it too.

Does anybody else find it funny that the guy's last name is Webb? :p So shall we now refer to him as Spider-Webb? :lol:

It's fate. :D "Webb to direct Spidey" has a nice ring to it.

Gordon-Levitt is too gangly to be Pete for me, and I can't imagine Zoeey as a blond. hehe. but Jessica Biel... yumm. Although, if spidey4 will be set in highschool, then they'd probably be too old already. let's face it, it'll probably be someone from the High School Musical generation (hmm... now let me take a look at those Glee kids again...)

let the casting games begin!! while this'll be a reboot, is there any chance they would retain Simmons as J.Jonah Jameson?? Please? :)

Oh you're right!... that's old news! Oh thank god!

I'm still wondering if Joseph Gordon Levitt is in the running then!

Take that A1!!!

Sorry I saw the words "official release" but didnt look at the date.

I'm guessing the director will consider him, but i'm pretty sure the Studio will push for someone younger (and more accessible to the teen market).

I'm guessing the director will consider him, but i'm pretty sure the Studio will push for someone younger (and more accessible to the teen market).

Someone for the teenage girls...

I am officially predicting the future here guys:

The new spiderman movie will be a romantic drama. It will totally be about the relationships of a special boy with special powers...LOL

Your GFs will love it, and you guys will HATE it.

Sony and Marvel wouldn't have considered the 500 Days of Summer guy unless this is the direction they wanted to go. The day I am confirmed correct in this prediction EXO will change his own member title to "A1 is TOTALLY AWESOME"

Someone for the teenage girls...

I am officially predicting the future here guys:

The new spiderman movie will be a romantic drama. It will totally be about the relationships of a special boy with special powers...LOL

Your GFs will love it, and you guys will HATE it.

Sony and Marvel wouldn't have considered the 500 Days of Summer guy unless this is the direction they wanted to go. The day I am confirmed correct in this prediction EXO will change his own member title to "A1 is TOTALLY AWESOME"

Yes, and the whole movie will have the female voice-over of Kristen Bell. "XOXO. Spider-man." :p

My predicition: much like the spirit and feel of the Spectacular Spider-Man animated series. Their depiction of Gwen Stacy as a nerdy-type turned hottie, and MJ as the party girl would be lots of fun in a full-length movie. and a "face it tiger, you just hit the jackpot" line sneaked in somewhere wouldn't be so bad. :)

Even if I am not right, I was... And I love that you hate when I am right.

You're always mostly right! I'm just gonna quit! ;)

The day I am confirmed correct in this prediction EXO will change his own member title to "A1 is TOTALLY AWESOME"

hmmm... no.

They could have just gone the Batman route and changed the actors every new movie...I don't think it hurt Batman THAT much... Tobey doesn't have to enternally be Spiderman and you don't need to do an origin story every time you change the lead actors.

Everybody and their grandmothers know that there have been a zillion Spiderman movies. They need to start treating this stuff like theatres treat Shakespeare. When you go watch Hamlet at a theatre nowadays, chances are it won't even have 90% of the original dialogue from Shakespeare in it - instead it's usually a director's fresh interpretation, commentary, playing with the original...here and there they do the "original" work - but really it's gotten to the point where that's just old hat and boring.

It should be the same with Spiderman and other super hero franchises - we don't need a twelve millionth attempt to make it "true" to the "originals" because it never will be.

People worry too much about this. Just make a good movie.

The romantic comedy angle might work - why not? Sounds fun.

Don't take it too seriously - you know...comedy...romantic comedy...it's not like this one movie will define Spiderman forever. I say go for it - make it a romantic comedy - play around with it. Why not?

What have they got to loose?

Pete

I'm delving OT here but for a Robotech live action film it would make sense to want it to be frank with the violence without using the related rating as an excuse to add sexuality that wasn't overt in the original story. It's a war story with love themes, not a sex story with war themes.

That's why they call him 'Jenius'!

They could have just gone the Batman route and changed the actors every new movie...I don't think it hurt Batman THAT much...

You're being sarcastic, right? Are you forgetting George Clooney? That "Batman route" killed the superhero franchise and left it dead for years. if there's any route to avoid, it's that one. :huh:

From WWTDD:

SPIDER-MAN 4 - will be directed by Mark Webb. His credits on IMDb look like this:

2009 - ‘500 Days of Summer’

2005 - ‘Jesse McCartney Up Close’

You didn’t just black out by the way. He made a documentary about Jesse McCartney 5 years ago and then a movie nobody saw and now ‘Spider-Man 4′. Obviously he got the job because it’s Spider-Man and his name is “Webb” and Hollywood is run by frakking retards. He better sign his contract fast, before they find a directer named Peter Parker or Steven Spyderman.

I think I'm changing my name to EXO Webslinger.

500-days-of-spider-man.jpg

It's rather silly to insist that love and sex are not inter-related. If you're going to make the violence graphic enough to warrant an R rating and then treat the adult relationships with puritan gloves, well... that's my point exactly.