HG and Robotech Debates

azrael

And now, all this will be used against you PTH, they're probably gonna portray you as a disgruntled fan who's only posting here cause you can't conform. Best thing to do is simply stay true to yourself, and ignore everyone else I guess. In regards to what you've said about Memo, the same type of things have been said before from others, so, I do think there is some truth to it. While that may be true and all, you do have to come to terms with the fact that while somebody can suggest you do things and whatnot, it ultimately is your decision what to do in the end. Acknowledging that is the first thing to know before you start to figure out where to proceed.

And to add what others have been saying, credibility here is something that's earned, not just rewarded out of blindness. When certain people say something here, they are taken with a certain amount of validity, because they've shown that they have the facts straight, can physically prove what they're saying, and/or haven't said things to promote their own agenda. I'm still gonna hear what is said from all sides, but if the credibility is zero, it's at that level for a reason. PTH, don't be surprised if people are gonna criticize what you say here, cause gaining trust takes work.

Edited by Jasonc

Not only that, does that mean Pizza KNEW all along what the fallout was going to be as a result of it? And he STILL went along with it thinking it was a good idea? And out of taking the time to harass a lot of people, Pizza did it for FREE, with no reward for his effort? And now he thinks revealing that NOW will somehow bury the hatchet?

Honestly, I don't think it really matters whether or not Pizza knew what was going to come of his allegedly moderator-sanctioned behavior on Robotech.com. What's done is done, and frankly no amount of post facto finger-pointing will change the past. What matters now is what Pizza does next. So long as he's acknowledged his error and is making an honest effort to modify his behavior, we ought to give him a chance. If he's going to try to become a contributing member here, it's counterproductive to hold a grudge against him or shun him for his past mistakes.

I'm not saying we should forget what he's done... but we should at least give him a chance.

Does HG have the merchandising rights to Macross Flashback?

No, it doesn't look like they do.

One would imagine if they had the merchandising rights to Macross: Flashback 2012 they would've used the actual VF-4 Lightning III design in Robotech: From the Stars instead of trying to come up with a transformation for the VF-X-4 model from that one episode of Super Dimension Fortress Macross.

Edited by Seto Kaiba

Honestly, I don't think it really matters whether or not Pizza knew what was going to come of his allegedly moderator-sanctioned behavior on Robotech.com. What's done is done, and frankly no amount of post facto finger-pointing will change the past. What matters now is what Pizza does next. So long as he's acknowledged his error and is making an honest effort to modify his behavior, we ought to give him a chance. If he's going to try to become a contributing member here, it's counterproductive to hold a grudge against him or shun him for his past mistakes.

I'm not saying we should forget what he's done... but we should at least give him a chance.

Ha ha, yeah. Before, he was calling me a nazi and a son of a whore; now, he's just accusing me of having a big ego and "not taking responsibility" for my actions (???). Before, he was trying to get under Sighup's skin and playing the victim for being banned from RTX; now, he's trying to get under Memo's skin and playing the victim for being banned from RT.com.

Yep, that's real progress, that is.

Again, mostly, I just resent the notion that Macross World is the refugee camp for those banned from Robotech.com.

Again, mostly, I just resent the notion that Macross World is the refugee camp for those banned from Robotech.com.

That is one thing that bothers me as well. And no offense to our friends from the other boards here, but I do agree that I don't like this thread being the "banned camp" from rt.com. However, I guess it can go both ways. While that's not necessarily a good thing, allowing people in here and learning about Macross specific is OK. How do you balance it out though? I don't know. I guess as long as it's here, and stays here, it's alright. Although, being in a Macross forum, you'd think there'd be that reason to look around. It's like a Macross fan only going to rt.com.

Ha ha, yeah. Before, he was calling me a nazi and a son of a whore; now, he's just accusing me of having a big ego and "not taking responsibility" for my actions (???). Before, he was trying to get under Sighup's skin and playing the victim for being banned from RTX; now, he's trying to get under Memo's skin and playing the victim for being banned from RT.com.

It sounds like he doesn't even care about the material anymore. He does what he does to get back at people who pissed him off or betrayed him in some way. There are better ways in dealing with that.

Edited by Einherjar

I certainly agree and I was thinking about PM'ing you about my uncomfortableness of having Pizza hanging around here all of a sudden.

I only copped one spray from him at RT.com and I think its only the fact that he was undergoing his road to Damascus conversion at the time that I didn't cop another. I understand your point of view and generally agree, especially considering the fact that he went "Godwins Law" on you, which is really unacceptable.

I agree with the refugee camp thing too. (Guess I have to since I created the expression here) My concern and I think that you and others will echo this Gubaba, is are these people really Macross fans now, or are they using this forum as a convenient staging ground for their attacks back at RT.com, especially since they know that RT.com people are probably seeing what they write here.

Forgiveness can be a time-consuming progress but it cannot really be earned. If the person who was insulted decides to forgive that is entirely up to them. If they don't its their choice and they cannot be criticised for it.

For me to forgive somebody like Pizza, I would have to be absolutely convinced that he would never go back to his old ways. I would have to be certain that he would never turn on us or try to go back to RT.com and say that he was using us.

For me to believe that, it would take a long time. My best advice for Pizza would be to be low key about being here, I'm not saying don't post but don't engulf us with posts either. That way we can find out if time really does heal all wounds.

Taksraven

For me to forgive somebody like Pizza, I would have to be absolutely convinced that he would never go back to his old ways.

...A solid object to the back of his head should cure that... <_<

Edited by Saraphys

I certainly agree and I was thinking about PM'ing you about my uncomfortableness of having Pizza hanging around here all of a sudden.

I only copped one spray from him at RT.com and I think its only the fact that he was undergoing his road to Damascus conversion at the time that I didn't cop another. I understand your point of view and generally agree, especially considering the fact that he went "Godwins Law" on you, which is really unacceptable.

I agree with the refugee camp thing too. (Guess I have to since I created the expression here) My concern and I think that you and others will echo this Gubaba, is are these people really Macross fans now, or are they using this forum as a convenient staging ground for their attacks back at RT.com, especially since they know that RT.com people are probably seeing what they write here.

Forgiveness can be a time-consuming progress but it cannot really be earned. If the person who was insulted decides to forgive that is entirely up to them. If they don't its their choice and they cannot be criticised for it.

For me to forgive somebody like Pizza, I would have to be absolutely convinced that he would never go back to his old ways. I would have to be certain that he would never turn on us or try to go back to RT.com and say that he was using us.

For me to believe that, it would take a long time. My best advice for Pizza would be to be low key about being here, I'm not saying don't post but don't engulf us with posts either. That way we can find out if time really does heal all wounds.

Taksraven

Of course I pretty much agree, except that I couldn't care less if the people posting here are Macross fans or not. HappyPenguins isn't a Macross fan; Zen72 isn't, either. Cory Holmes prefers Robotech. Wanzerfan seems to be incredibly hostile to the minimal amount of Macross that he's seen. Fifbeat was actually bragging for a while about not having seen Macross. Whamhammer wasn't the slightest bit interested in Macross. Hell, Pie Guy is even a member here. Would I want these people banned? Of course not.

But that's because they get that this is a Macross site (well, most of them do. I still wonder about Wanzerfan sometimes), and not many of us are going to think of Carl Macek as a visionary creator, nor are we going to think (by and large) that tacking three separate anime shows together is a great recipe for artistic success. And they respect that.

People like Captain Donovan and dougbendo (and, much earlier, Robotech Purist and B.o.K.) don't extend that respect.

I don't think you HAVE to be a fan of Macross to contribute here, but you've gotta have respect for or tolerance of Macross fans. You're going to have to show some restraint, and some decorum. You're going to have to be kinda careful how you word things (if someone says, "I prefer Robotech," I don't think many would complain. But if they said "Robotech is obviously superior," well, them's fightin' words).

So I don't care if Pizza is a Macross fan or not. I care more that his main contribution to Robotech fandom is going after people, shouting "You got served!" at them, telling them they should have sex with their dead dogs, advising suicide, and figuring that every poster who disagrees with him is either Seto in disguise or else HappyPenguins' lover.

Most of the people at Robotech.com seem glad that he's gone, and he's hanging on at RobotechX by a very thin thread. He's been banned twice at each site. And just because he's mad at Memo, that suddenly means he knows how to behave, and has something to contribute? How does that logic work?

Oh well. If he can restrain himself, problem solved. If he can't, the problem will also be solved.

I care more that his main contribution to Robotech fandom is going after people, shouting "You got served!" at them, telling them they should have sex with their dead dogs, advising suicide, and figuring that every poster who disagrees with him is either Seto in disguise or else HappyPenguins' lover.

Hang on, that sounds familiar, in a response to one of my posts on RT.COM....

And we clearly can see some Veritechs from Macross saga doing a rifle salute during Rick and Lisa's wedding.So in a sense you just got served!

And at the end of the message to me....

No need to thank me for making that obvious in your wrong assumtion.I was glad to help..

Have a nice day

Top stuff, eh.

Taksraven

And at the end of the message to me....

No need to thank me for making that obvious in your wrong assumtion.I was glad to help..

Have a nice day

Hang on, THAT sounds familiar, considering that he once wrote this to me:

I do not call names out in public like you have to Memo and us Robotech fans.But that is your weakness,cannot insult to ones face so you do it online,like a spoiled teenager.I got macross fans on my friend list and they are normal and hate the way Seto,you and others set a bad example to the macross fandom but they do not say anything because the bad fans outnumber the good fans.

And as for forgiving your existance.well I blame your parents not you because only your kind of stupidity and arrogence can be inherited.

I got to go and foward these PM you sent me to Memo.

No need to thank me,I am glad to help you

Funny, eh?

Funny, eh?

I personally got nothing against Pizza, since I just take whatever he says as a grain of salt. I'm just surprised he was posting here, and being tolerable. :huh: I feel that my judgement of him will be based on what he does from here on end. Hopefully he'll become a contributing member with tolerance towards those who disagree with him. Well....time will tell I guess. But you don't go into the lions den with meat pants, so maybe there's hope for him.?

Edited by SkullLeaderVF-X

Oh well. If he can restrain himself, problem solved. If he can't, the problem will also be solved.

Okay guys... you've made it perfectly clear that you haven't forgotten all of the stupid, antagonistic stuff that Pizza the Hutt did during his tenure on Robotech.com and RobotechX.com, and that's fine. However, if all we're going to do is sit around and endlessly berate him for his past mistakes, then we're not really even giving him a chance to prove to us that he's changed (or is trying to change) his ways and wants to become a contributing member of the community. It seems a bit hypocritical for you guys to make a fuss about how we should give MEMO the opportunity to contribute when all he did was troll, and then raise a fuss when Pizza comes here, apologizes for his past behavior, and shows a genuine interest in learning more about Macross?

As you might well have guessed, the moral of today's sermon is "Stop bitching and give the kid a chance". If we don't, and we ostracize him for past mistakes or being misled by Harmony Gold, then we're no better than the witch-hunting bellends on Robotech.com who started this whole mess.

Now if we're going to tear into someone, tear into someone who's currently doing something to deserve it... may I suggest the "creative" staff at Harmony Gold as a starting point?

Edited by Seto Kaiba

Okay guys... you've made it perfectly clear that you haven't forgotten all of the stupid, antagonistic stuff that Pizza the Hutt did during his tenure on Robotech.com and RobotechX.com, and that's fine. However, if all we're going to do is sit around and endlessly berate him for his past mistakes, then we're not really even giving him a chance to prove to us that he's changed (or is trying to change) his ways and wants to become a contributing member of the community. It seems a bit hypocritical for you guys to make a fuss about how we should give MEMO the opportunity to contribute when all he did was troll, and then raise a fuss when Pizza comes here, apologizes for his past behavior, and shows a genuine interest in learning more about Macross?

As you might well have guessed, the moral of today's sermon is "Stop bitching and give the kid a chance". If we don't, and we ostracize him for past mistakes or being misled by Harmony Gold, then we're no better than the witch-hunting bellends on Robotech.com who started this whole mess.

So, uh...last week is the distant past now?

How times change so quickly. I guess we can only thank HG for this. With the way they treat their fans and the franchise, even the most hardcore fans will become so disenchanted and leave the fandom (or come here at MacrossWorld)

So, uh...last week is the distant past now?

Why you gotta make me facepalm like this dude?

Did I say it was the distant past? No. The recent past is the past too. What were you expecting, that he'd start cleaning up his act by spending a year in seclusion in a cave somewhere, living on crickets and honey, and emerge wearing a hair shirt? I'm not telling you to forget what he did, I'm telling you to stop complaining about what he did long enough to give him a chance to prove he really does want to change his ways. Either way, the truth'll come out. Nothing will be gained by pissing and moaning about it.

This free publicity has been going on for how long? :lol:

Since November 5th, 1991 if the DNS records stored by their webhost are accurate... so technically I guess for as long as Robotech.com has been active, plus a little bit.

Edited by Seto Kaiba

Since November 5th, 1991 if the DNS records stored by their webhost are accurate... so technically I guess for as long as Robotech.com has been active, plus a little bit.

Was RT being used as lazy shorthand from the start of robotech.com?

Does HG have the merchandising rights to Macross Flashback?

More importantly - does Macross Flashback have any merchandise?

'Cause I don't think there's anything explicitly labeled Macross Flashback...

then again - I haven't googled it...so I'm ready for the Deluge of Macross Flashback Bath Soap or Macross Flash Back 3D glasses ...

Pete

Well I got alot to prove,

Einhejar (spell) Here is an act of proof that I was not entirely a puppet for Memo,Think about why Memo told me your alt handle is "Aladin Sane" at RtX? And for hopes to gain a wee bit of your respect,I never went after anyone else or you.

And I tried to keep my stuff as "button pusher" with people and I admit at times I became candid.But to make it simple I would like to find a way to show that I am serious about getting into Macross since last June.No way to prove my case yet.And if I could I will dig out old messages where I got tired of HG's lies since around last November way before I was banned.

Heck I just got another hint of a ban from Memo on my "Understanding Macross Frontier" thread because a d.O.l. member horned in on that thread.

As for me getting a messed up Maia,Well now I am forced to ask my "magic" 8 ball if I will get a defected Maia since it is due to arrive today.

You folks stay cool

wow...If only you knew someone who had been there since 2001... ^_^

Y'know... I really don't think it counts if your accounts never last more than a few months before getting banned.

More importantly - does Macross Flashback have any merchandise?

Some of the old VF-4 model kits and toys?

But to make it simple I would like to find a way to show that I am serious about getting into Macross since last June.

Here's an amazingly complicated, high pressure suggestion that will require lots of time and effort and is a task that few mortals can muster the strength to accomplish...:

Try watching the various shows and the going to the "TV and Movies" forum and using the search function to find whatever show you want to talk about and then...post your opinion and get into a discussion with the people in the thread.

I know it's an extremely unconventional idea, but hey - they don't call me Crazy Pete for nothing...

Pete

Y'know... I really don't think it counts if your accounts never last more than a few months before getting banned.

It does if it was my original account... :p

That lasted for YEARS (what...5 - 6?) before some sonofabitch came along and made me "return to default settings"... ^_^

Besides...your not on there anymore either! :p

Infact...Why was I there? By 2001, i already had the complete collection of Macross II OVA's (VHS), so it wasn't for Robotech... :lol:

Here's an amazingly complicated, high pressure suggestion that will require lots of time and effort and is a task that few mortals can muster the strength to accomplish...:

Try watching the various shows and the going to the "TV and Movies" forum and using the search function to find whatever show you want to talk about and then...post your opinion and get into a discussion with the people in the thread.

I know it's an extremely unconventional idea, but hey - they don't call me Crazy Pete for nothing...

Pete

Well,

I kinda started that too,I am glad there is a 24 thread I saw,and others I plan to get into.Like someone said a few posts back I should not post heavily.I will keep myself minimal here and only ask or comment too.I just wish there was a Gamer thread here too because who knows,I might make more friends here at Macross World by PS3 gaming too.

Glad to know I am not the only Pete here too.

Sorry Been Barely following this Drama.

I take it Pizza is the Latest Robotech.com Refuge and wasn't a favorite among people here?

Same "rules" here apply to him as it does with any of the possible Robotech Defender. Please realize the general tone of this Message Board may not be Pro-Robotech and Harmony Gold. Use care if you're planning to make the record clear. Pro Robotech fans are more likely to be accepted here if members see them taking part in other parts of the boards beside this topic. In other words Read Post #886 from Gubaba.

Well,

I kinda started that too,I am glad there is a 24 thread I saw,and others I plan to get into.Like someone said a few posts back I should not post heavily.I will keep myself minimal here and only ask or comment too.I just wish there was a Gamer thread here too because who knows,I might make more friends here at Macross World by PS3 gaming too.

Glad to know I am not the only Pete here too.

I dunno. When I first got here, I didn't post heavily either - but that was mainly because I knew I didn't know what the hell everybody else was talking about. I had barely watched ANY anime whatsoever. I was a big Transformers fan who was really sad about the direction the franchise was going, and I had watched Macross Plus 10 years ago as well as remembering fondly playing the Paladium Robotech roll playing games when I was a kid.

The reason I didn't post too much back then was because I just had no idea what the hell everybody was saying.

I got lucky - I think - because not long after I joined Macrossworld.com - Macross Frontier started to air. We had a thread where all the members would watch it together - Episode by Episode - as it aired, keeping up with the drama and getting all excited about what would happen.

That's when I started posting more. Eventually I also just started watching way more anime.

You will find that lots of people here are actually fans of a vast range of anime - not just Macross - and more often than not, what they write is influenced by anime that have nothing to do with Macross - and so, it almost makes it hard to understand them because there'll be a sly reference to some arcane old anime...

Ultimately though - I don't think you should feel restrained.

The biggest problem the mods here get pissy over is if you write something in a the wrong thread.

Like - if you had simple, basic questions about Macross - there's a Newbie Thread in the TV and Movies forum for those - don't start a new thread to answer simple questions....

Other than that though - the whole time I've been here I've only seen one guy get banned - and he happened to be someone I got along fairly well with, but he totally took a mod's comment the wrong way and basically dug his own grave.

As for 24 - yeah...if there's a series of sci-fi or anime you like - chances are there's a loooong thread on these boards where it's being discussed. Use the search functions or PM somebody/ask before you start a thread - and I'm sure you'll find it.

I think the best thing you can do is actually venture out of the HG and RT thread, because in a sense - this thread is just an extension of all the crazy stuff you've been involved in on other Robotech boards.

If you venture outside of this thread, you'll let people get to know you beyond just "PTH from Robotech.com & the Associated History" - and also it's good to get some distance from this stuff rather than grind through it endlessly.

Obviously not everyone is going to agree about the deal with HG/who has rights to what etc etc etc.

Personally I'm in agreement with Seto - but then again - how much have I researched? Zippo. How much time have I really invested in thoroughly examing things? Zilch. I just read what he and others posted and made up my mind on that basis - not to mention that I just happen to authentically prefer Macross to Robotech as a story anyways.

It's fun to argue and debate the subject - and that's what the thread is for - but personally I think some times people should try not to get stuck here - and yeah...I know...I'm one to talk...I've kind of been very active in this particular thread recently... but just...whatever - no stress.

I hope your stay here is not stressful.

And final point - just My Opinion - whatever you do - stay away from personal attacks. If someone attacks you personally - don't snap back, and certainly don't make personal attacks (even in PMs or emails or whatever) against other people.

If you absolutely must do it - try to make the other guy laugh with you rather than just point your finger and laugh at him.

One thing I really scratch my head over in wonder is how - sometimes - I read about how the people having these ugly quarrels at Robotech.com with eachother either work for HG or are in contact with people who work for HG or have been given the green light by HG to do what they're doing.

It amazes me because companies shouldn't do that - that is...they should try not to get involved in fan wars. People in this thread, Macross fans in this thread - some of them are very very dedicated, but unless I'm missing something - none of them work for any company that directly has anything to do with Macross as such.

Anyways---I dunno what I was getting at there.

My point is - go ahead and post as much as you want if you have stuff on your mind, thoughts, ideas and opinions to contribute. You shouldn't feel scared that one post too many, or one wrong word is going to get you banned. I mean... you'd have to say/do something really outrageous to have that happen. The only banal thing I've ever seen the mods here go ballistic over is people opening threads on topics that already exist or posting simplistic newbie questions outside of the newbie thread or generally not using the search function.

This is understandable - the website is really well organized - and there are tools to help navigate it and friendly people willing to help you learn to use those tools - so whenever somebody doesn't - it's like...the mods get mad because all the work put into making the site user friendly just gets ignored...

happy posting.

Sorry Been Barely following this Drama.

I take it Pizza is the Latest Robotech.com Refuge and wasn't a favorite among people here?

Same "rules" here apply to him as it does with any of the possible Robotech Defender. Please realize the general tone of this Message Board may not be Pro-Robotech and Harmony Gold. Use care if you're planning to make the record clear. Pro Robotech fans are more likely to be accepted here if members see them taking part in other parts of the boards beside this topic. In other words Read Post #886 from Gubaba.

Post 886 from Gubaba is the Macrossworld Equivalent of Order 666 from Emperor Palpatine? :lol:

Pete

Why you gotta make me facepalm like this dude?

Did I say it was the distant past? No. The recent past is the past too. What were you expecting, that he'd start cleaning up his act by spending a year in seclusion in a cave somewhere, living on crickets and honey, and emerge wearing a hair shirt?

No, I was expecting he'd at least understand why he was banned, and I'm not welcoming him with open arms. Instead, it's "I got banned because of the DOL! Let's get Rhade now!" and "You hate me because you don't think I'm good enough for Macross and you think you're Macross's herald!"

Still scheming to "get" people, still playing the victim.

I guess my question, what has he done to inspire so much confidence in you?

Edited by Gubaba

Confidence would be the wrong word for it... all I'm saying here is that since Pizza says he realizes his error and is making an effort to change his behavior, we ought to at least give him a chance to make good on it. If he's true to his word and he becomes a serious contributor in the community here, that's great. If it turns out this is just to tweak MEMO for using him and throwing him away, well... at least we gave him a chance and it didn't cost us anything.

I'll say this though... from my conversations with him before he went all apeshit on Robotech.com, I don't doubt that his interest in Macross is genuine, and regardless of any suspicion that others might have about his motives, that won't stop me from answering his questions and helping him explore the Macross universe(s) for himself. Let's just say I think I'm much safer banking on a shared interest to overcome any hostile impulses he might still have rather than just needling him about past mistakes.

No, I was expecting he'd at least understand why he was banned, and I'm not welcoming him with open arms. Instead, it's "I got banned because of the DOL! Let's get Rhade now!" and "You hate me because you don't think I'm good enough for Macross and you think you're Macross's herald!"

Still scheming to "get" people, still playing the victim.

I predict that someday we are going to have MEMO over here leering at us and telling us how he was always a big Macross fan.

Taksraven

I predict that someday we are going to have MEMO over here leering at us and telling us how he was always a big Macross fan.

About the only way I can see that happening is if by some extraordinary means Harmony Gold finally manages to make Robotech completely unpalatable to everyone, successfully alienating their hard core of fanatically loyal fans and finally achieving what they've been on the verge of doing since 1987... killing the franchise altogether. If and when that happens, one would think that insincere contrition from MEMO would be one of the least important topics up for discussion in this thread.

Edited by Seto Kaiba