sOuNdWaVe sUpErIoR...vF-1R iNfErIor!

91WhiskeyM6

just awesome.

Any info on when it will be released and price?

TRANSFORMERS HIT 20!

PALISADES TOYS INTRODUCES COMMEMORATIVE STATUES

THAT MORE THAN MEET THE EYES

Debuts Opening Night of Comic Con International 2003

San Diego, CA — July 16, 2003 — This years Comic Con International “Previews” night promises to live up to its name as a truly premier event. This is especially true for those attendees who visit the Palisades Toys booth, as the evening marks the consumer debut of the first-ever Palisades TRANSFORMERS PolyStone statue line. To commemorate the 20th Anniversary of TRANSFORMERS, Palisades Toys and Hasbro, Inc. have joined forces to introduce a commemorative line of collectable statues that capture the spirit, detail and animation of the original Generation One toys and Transformer comic book series from Dreamwave.

“We are very excited about the opportunity to partner with Hasbro and Dreamwave on this ground-breaking line of Transformers statues,” said Michael Horn, chief executive officer, Palisades Toys. “Everyone on the project is truly committed to ensuring the same high-level of quality and commitment that our fans have grown to expect from our collectable product division.”

Based on the original action-figures, each poly-stone statue will sit approximately 12 inches high and be pre-painted with amazing detail. All the brilliant colors and detail that are a hallmark of Palisades Toys craftsmanship are captured in each statue.

Each statue will be numbered individually and limited to initial orders. The commemorative statues are set at a MSRP of $149.99.

The first in the series, OPTIMUS PRIME™, will be hitting shelves near you in late 2003. Others will follow at 4 - 6 week intervals. The 2004 lineup is as follows: MEGATRON™; ARCEE™; SOUNDWAVE™; GRIMLOCK™; STARSCREAM™; WHEEL JACK™; SHOCKWAVE™ and RED ALERT™.

Catch a sneak preview of the OPTIMUS PRIME™ prototype and other never-before seen Palisades’ prototypes at Comic Con International 2003, July 16-20th -- at the San Diego Convention Center, San Diego, CA. Palisades Toys will be located in booth # 2815.

Fans can purchase the statues on the Palisades’ web site at www.PalisadesToys.com, or from comic, entertainment, game and specialty retailers nationwide.

Also, be sure to visit the ultimate online source for all TRANSFORMER information and products at www.transformers.com.

The Optimus is slated for sell on:

http://store.yahoo.com/tfw2005/tropprst.html

Edited by 91WhiskeyM6

:o

Wow!!!

I like it, but if they're going for a non-transformable interpretation of the what he looks like in robot mode, why the heck did they include the slide-tabs on the arms, or the screws?

Silly.

Other than that, it looks awesome. But I probably won't buy it.

Let me know when they make a Hound statue. He was my favorite.

If it does not transform it is crap! :angry:

A statue of a toy that originally transformed? WTF? :angry:

At least make it into a cookie jar. You can't even put pez in that thing. :angry:

Junk junk junk! :angry:

They should have used the energy and resources to make real Transformers.

BTW Transformer PVC's also suck! :angry:

:p:p:p:p:p:p

They need a CD player transformer. That way he can reach over and eject CD's that transforms into.... uhhhh.... things...

vinnie

How about an iPod?

Since all the new Transformers are newer stuff, and not their old 80's stuff, why not?

well, as cool as it is, I'll never spend $150 on a toy.

Sure you will, when are in the middle of your mid life crisis and you get a Vet... That is a toy that costs more than $150.

cool. very cool!!!

i personally think this is the best of the bunch, much better than the other 3 before it (optimus/megatron/arcee).

here's more info straight from palisades if anyone was interested...

"Thursday - 11/13/03

You’ve seen 3 beautifully rendered 3-D models from George Tremarco. George is the guy who is doing these renders for us, in the computer, that we use to sculpt the Transformers Deluxe Polystone Statues. Well, here is the fourth…Soundwave. Standing in a more upright position than the other 3 statues, this 3-D render is UNBELIEVABLY cool.

Some things to note are that the cassette window will be open and the feet will be flat against the ground in the final sculpt. He will be on a crushed Decepticon logo base, just like Megatron!

"

i think it's much better closed. But with an open cassette window, how cool would it be to have a "special" laserbeak addition that could be mounted on his shoulder or arm? :D

cool. very cool!!!

i personally think this is the best of the bunch, much better than the other 3 before it (optimus/megatron/arcee).

here's more info straight from palisades if anyone was interested...

"Thursday - 11/13/03

You’ve seen 3 beautifully rendered 3-D models from George Tremarco. George is the guy who is doing these renders for us, in the computer, that we use to sculpt the Transformers Deluxe Polystone Statues. Well, here is the fourth…Soundwave. Standing in a more upright position than the other 3 statues, this 3-D render is UNBELIEVABLY cool.

Some things to note are that the cassette window will be open and the feet will be flat against the ground in the final sculpt. He will be on a crushed Decepticon logo base, just like Megatron!

"

i think it's much better closed. But with an open cassette window, how cool would it be to have a "special" laserbeak addition that could be mounted on his shoulder or arm? :D

Very cool sculpt.... But according to palisades this was actully done in 3D, which means what we're seeing could be a 3D render (which I think it is) not a real life copy

Just something to think about. :)

Edited by Crazy Canuck

Very cool sculpt.... But according to palisades this was actully done in 3D, which means what we're seeing could be a 3D render (which I think it is) not a real life copy

Just something to think about. :)

I was thinking the same thing. Is it just me or does it look a lot like one of Brian's awesome 3D models? Too soft to be real I think, probably is a 3d render.

Just something to think about.  :)

I was thinking the same thing. Is it just me or does it look a lot like one of Brian's awesome 3D models? Too soft to be real I think, probably is a 3d render.

Yeah but that is what most people think about picures of Agent ONE. They think I'm a 3D render, just too perfect I guess.

Yeah but that is what most people think about picures of Agent ONE.  They think I'm a 3D render, just too perfect I guess.

Do we need to create an "Agent ONE talking crap about himself thread"?

Next thing you know, you'll be referring to yourself in the third person too. :rolleyes:

Hey, don't worry about Agent ONE... Agent ONE is doin' OK!

They need a CD player transformer. That way he can reach over and eject CD's that transforms into.... uhhhh.... things...

vinnie

How about an iPod?

Since all the new Transformers are newer stuff, and not their old 80's stuff, why not?

Yeah, they should make a transformable iPod, that then ejects... mp3s... that transform into... wait, wah?!