HG and Robotech Debates

azrael

Pete, if I agree with your fight stupid with stupid, does that mean we're following your cult now? Do I sense a hostile takover? We probably should give them something to flock over and slobber over. With the franchise being nothing right now but a rumor factory, giving them something to stumble over would be quite fun. What's even more funny, is that even if they read these posts, which I'm sure they do, they'd probably still act out like little half wits. Well, if you decide to do it, I'm in. Hahaha, Like HIV, stay positive!!!

I know the truth about the first airing of The New Generaton...

Corg gets turned into paste by a Cyclone mini-missle.

I've had a running battle over at Robotch.com on the subject, and I'll be just as glad to have one here, which will not be stopped until Carl Mecek himself settles the arguement.

I can stop it right now.

*Puts Wanzerfan in ignore user list. ^_^

-Kyp

Pete, if I agree with your fight stupid with stupid, does that mean we're following your cult now? Do I sense a hostile takover? We probably should give them something to flock over and slobber over. With the franchise being nothing right now but a rumor factory, giving them something to stumble over would be quite fun. What's even more funny, is that even if they read these posts, which I'm sure they do, they'd probably still act out like little half wits. Well, if you decide to do it, I'm in. Hahaha, Like HIV, stay positive!!!

Well - the thing is - I'm jealous of RT fans who are jealous of Macross fans that only exist in their heads.

I mean - think about it. Supposedly, according to those Robotech fans, I have a harem of 13 year old girls, I have no opinions of my own except what Seto tells me, I mindlessly hate the greatest show human beings ever made (Robotech), and I am likely a gay pedophile.

Sounds like fun to me! Too bad my real life is no where near that exciting. Young girls, cults, legions of groupies - a sense of brotherhood and kinsmanship - part of a marauding army...

It would be great.

Instead, I'm just a nobody who like Macross.... :( Bummer.

This is why I figured it would be fun to live up to the hype about "Macross groupies" - it just sounds like so much fun....

Pete

Well - the thing is - I'm jealous of RT fans who are jealous of Macross fans that only exist in their heads.

I mean - think about it. Supposedly, according to those Robotech fans, I have a harem of 13 year old girls, I have no opinions of my own except what Seto tells me, I mindlessly hate the greatest show human beings ever made (Robotech), and I am likely a gay pedophile.

Sounds like fun to me! Too bad my real life is no where near that exciting. Young girls, cults, legions of groupies - a sense of brotherhood and kinsmanship - part of a marauding army...

It would be great.

Instead, I'm just a nobody who like Macross.... Bummer.

This is why I figured it would be fun to live up to the hype about "Macross groupies" - it just sounds like so much fun....

Pete

Hmmm, how is your legions of groupies Pete??? I hope you aren't spending too much time with the cult, because the Hory Froating Head has called us to pay homage. The Gathering has come.

Macross groupies cults? I second that. The world is supposedly going to be decimated in 2012 when Planet X aka Nibru comes around and our UN is too incompetent to even consider building a Space Navy and colony fleets to evacuate us. So lets all rent a lodge in Alaska where the Grand Cannon should be and party like its 1969 in a final 2012 New Years party! Oh don't forget to bring Doug Bendo and Robotech virgins as sacrifices to our favorite Protodeviln Silvil!

Edited by Freiflug88

That's really over thinking the situation in Southern Cross. I imagine the writers for the show hadn't even heard of those three-letter acronyms military sci-fi fans liked to throw around. It's really just a bunch of plucky protagonists going against those in charge.

I'm inclined to agree, but remember that I'm just reiterating what the few Southern Cross fans I've encountered have said about their reasons for loving the series.

I think the ANN review said it best when it regarded the Southern Cross forces as being your typical sci-fi military with super relaxed standards. I find it pretty unnerving when Robotech fans actually believe the show is a serious hardcore space opera.

I've never understood that either... the more vocal Robotech fans have this crazy desire to make the show out to be some kind of serious space opera. I guess it's another one of those things they've convinced themselves are true in order to prop up the belief that Robotech is a wildly popular epic story instead of a forgotten, anachronistic, highly disorganized patchwork of unrelated shows that has post-facto pretensions to epicness.

Hail Seto, down with HG, up with Sheryl's Boobs.

Would someone please remind Pete that we're not a real cult... also, shouldn't it be more like "down with HG" and "out with Sheryl's boobs"?

We probably should give them something to flock over and slobber over. With the franchise being nothing right now but a rumor factory, giving them something to stumble over would be quite fun. What's even more funny, is that even if they read these posts, which I'm sure they do, they'd probably still act out like little half wits.

You have no idea... half of what was causing Pizza the Hutt to act out like he did was what we were saying about him and MEMO here.

its kinda funny if RT fans are referring to Macross fans as a cult, considering we probably outnumber them 10-1 worldwide.

I actually got accused of trolling once by a user called "sanman" on RT.com after I pointed out that Macross is usually listed as a "must-watch" title when people ask for recommendations on mecha anime, and Robotech is generally reviled by those same crowds... he told me I was a liar and that I was clearly just there to harsh his buzz.

I don't think they want to know they truth, they just want to continue deluding themselves.

Okay, so /b/ isn't my personal army, but MacrossWorld is? :lol:

Trust me, you have no idea the havoc a "nobody" can cause in what's left of the Robotech fandom. I'm a nobody too, at least according to Doug Bendo, and yet while doing nothing more than telling the simple truth about the legal situation surrounding Macross and the current standing of Robotech, I've caused a veritable panic and sent Tommy Yune, Steve Yun, Kevin McKeever, MEMO1DOMINION, Maverick_LSC, Pizza the Hutt, Doug Bendo, and a half dozen others scrambling to put a stop to my "dangerous ideas" by any means necessary. To Robotech fans, I'm practically a one-man army waging war against their little fantasy world... and I didn't even need a mask and a goofy alias to do it!

Though with all the Robotech fans talking about me being the leader of a sinister cult, the sovereign of some guild of calamitous intent (and I'm not even David Bowie!), and the dark lord of an unspeakable army of malicious beings that feed on human suffering, going back to school to get my PhD seems almost like a step backwards. Maybe I should get a nice tailored suit of ominous-looking armor and start building my conquering army for the Ragnarok.

Macross groupies cults? I second that. The world is supposedly going to be decimated in 2012 when Planet X aka Nibru comes around and our UN is too incompetent to even consider building a Space Navy and colony fleets to evacuate us. So lets all rent a lodge in Alaska where the Grand Cannon should be and party like its 1969 in a final 2012 New Years party! Oh don't forget to bring Doug Bendo and Robotech virgins as sacrifices to our favorite Protodeviln Silvil!

Nay, we await the return of the Anthromorphic Flying Ornithoform of Spaghetti, the blessed Sarah Nome, and the Jolly Roger Shin Kudo, who was touched by its noodly appendage and taken bodily into pirate heaven.

Seriously, LOL, "excommunicated Robotech fans"? Who's the one taking this poo too seriously?

Edited by hulagu

Sorry to tell you this, but they already had to deal with doug before, and the response was mostly the same.

http://beta.robotech.com/community/forum/r...&forumid=12

The fallout is on the last page of that thread.

Wow, look at Steve wield that banhammer! Now if only he bellowed out "YOU BAN!!" after the name of everyone he hit with it....that...that would of been golden.

Hey guys what did i miss in this thread--oh wait Seto is now a cult leader and Pete is his High Priest? :D

Actually, I think we've got a schism brewing...the Setoites versus the Petians.

Seto promises booze, Macross II, and rigorous fact-checking. Pete promises booze, Macross 7, and panties.

The choice should be clear. ^_^

Seto promises booze, Macross II, and rigorous fact-checking. Pete promises booze, Macross 7, and panties.

I'm throwing my hat in for a third option

"Viper-ites" Promising casual fact-checking ("I dunno, I just like the show...), Macross Frontier, and beer!

There, now we have three!

Hey guys what did i miss in this thread--oh wait Seto is now a cult leader and Pete is his High Priest? :D

Why does this remind me of the Ten Commandments scene in that one episode of Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law?

Definitely... Beltane70 got it right away:

I'll join both cults if there's a party involved!

I'd also promise pictures of my ex in her Ishtar costume, if only she'd stop being so damn uptight about it. :p

Edited by Seto Kaiba

I'm willing to join whoever is first to include boobs. ^_^

Who are a couple of people he mentioned, Brooklen red leg and protoculture, are they really important?

Huh? Did Doug mentioned moi? I'm not really that important in RT-fandom, perhaps the only lone crazed RT fan in South East Asia who are active online (there's another guy, MedMapguy, but he got banned pretty quick from RT.com over disagreement with Tommy / Steve, but that's different story altogether) & one of millions Basara Nekki's mindless minions in Asia.

He singled me out cause I just happened to defend Seto's views (which jived with mine since I am also a Macrossie) & call out Doug's bluff in RTX.

Huh? Did Doug mentioned moi? I'm not really that important in RT-fandom, perhaps the only lone crazed RT fan in South East Asia who are active online (there's another guy, MedMapguy, but he got banned pretty quick from RT.com over disagreement with Tommy / Steve, but that's different story altogether) & one of millions Basara Nekki's mindless minions in Asia.

He singled me out cause I just happened to defend Seto's views (which jived with mine since I am also a Macrossie) & call out Doug's bluff in RTX.

But, as I understand it, he was speaking about you in praise... :unsure:

shouldn't it be more like..."out with Sheryl's boobs"?

They're already out :lol:

The "up with Sheryl's boobs" battlecry was based on Asuka Langley's lecture on Thermal Expansion from Neon Genesis Evangelion :)

Err...I mean...

YES, MY MASTER. OUT WITH SHERYL'S BOOBS! OUT WITH THEM! IT IS AS SETO SAYS! IT IS ALWAYS AS SETO SAYS! DOWN WITH HG! OUT WITH SHERYL'S BOOBS!! I LIVE BY THIS MOTTO!

Pete

Faithful Follower

Persistent YES Man

Macross Groupie

Protoculture is another RT.com member, don't know if he has the same handle here or is even on this site... but he's another one of those "expert fans" from RT.com.

I am the same guy over RT.com, RTX.com & MW. Ohhh, even at RDF-HQ (pretty dead site anyway) & Palladium Board. And a few msg boards I no longer bothered to visit anymore (RTX is sharing the same fate).

I'm not an expert, but simply hardcore RT purist (who choose OSM in defining RT-verse - practically the animation is the Gospel). But being purist is no fun, since being close to OSM, I enjoyed closer affinity to original animation that made up RT.

Besides, I'm burnt out on RT (& Macross to a certain extent). But currently undergoing a Macross marathon thanks to VFTF1's thread over @ Macross Series sub-board on Macross 7 appreciation thread. No more Rick Hunter or Ichijo Hikaru ... those sissies ... But Nekki Basara all the way ... BOMBAAAAAA!!!!

But, as I understand it, he was speaking about you in praise...

Did he? After colorful insults he hurled at me for disagreeing with me at RTX? In the end, do I actually cared? Perhaps I don't really care what that twerp says. Besides, I get my RT news at this thread (MW of all places) since I hardly keep in touch with going-ons on RT.com or RTX.

Yarg. Doug Bendo praised one of our own?? Mighten' he be a spy then Master Seto? Shall we set the bonfire alight? I await your command! Yarg.

EDIT:

Besides, I'm burnt out on RT (& Macross to a certain extent). But currently undergoing a Macross marathon thanks to VFTF1's thread over @ Macross Series sub-board on Macross 7 appreciation thread.

Oh no!! I've been named an accomplice to someone Doug Bendo praised! I'm not VFTF1! It's not me! I don't know anything about it! Don't excommunicate me! I'm meltttiiiinnggg!....

Pete

One eyed pirate

Macross groupie

SET cult worshipper

Edited by VFTF1

Did he? After colorful insults he hurled at me for disagreeing with me at RTX? In the end, do I actually cared? Perhaps I don't really care what that twerp says.

You shouldn't care at all. Praise from him simply means he wants something from you. Criticism simply means he's envious.

At least, that's how I read it.

Did he? After colorful insults he hurled at me for disagreeing with me at RTX? In the end, do I actually cared? Perhaps I don't really care what that twerp says. Besides, I get my RT news at this thread (MW of all places) since I hardly keep in touch with going-ons on RT.com or RTX.

I hope you weren't banned for the incident. RTX just went through a purging of most frequent members and repopulating it with more agreeable fans for the mods. Seto, permanently out. doug, out. MaverickLSC, in, and as a mod.

EDIT: My mistake, just Seto and doug are out. HappyPenguins is suspended, but she's probably out anyway because of personal issues.

Edited by Einherjar

You have my attention! :blink:

Yeah, she had my full attention when she was wearing it too... no matter how much I tried to bargain she'd never let me post pics of her wearing it on MW or even my own site. She's camera-shy. You can try nagging her yourself, but I don't know if it'll accomplish anything.

Yeah, I'm really sorry about what happened to the Robotech Anthology project he participated in.

Are they still stringin' his partner Seifrietti Weisse along with promises that they'll approve it eventually?

I am the same guy over RT.com, RTX.com & MW. Ohhh, even at RDF-HQ (pretty dead site anyway) & Palladium Board. And a few msg boards I no longer bothered to visit anymore (RTX is sharing the same fate).

Well, just about nobody worth a damn wastes their time on RT.com anymore, and RTX is quickly going the same way now that MEMO1DOMINION has banned a bunch of people, announced his intention to unban Doug Bendo once he gets over this perceived podcast war with JT, and appointed Maverick_LSC a moderator on RobotechX. The last bastion of sensible Robotech fans is effectively dead, it's all in the hands of the trolls, the purists, and the Harmony Gold bootlickers now.

A fair few of the other contributors there have voluntarily left the site after seeing MEMO's latest efforts to turn it into Diet RT.com.

Edited by Seto Kaiba

Why does this remind me of the Ten Commandments scene in that one episode of Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law?

I looooooove Harvey Birdman, but I'm buggered if I can think of the episode you are referring to.

Taksraven

Are they still stringin' his partner Seifrietti Weisse along with promises that they'll approve it eventually?

All I know is that as of 2007 or 2008, there is at least one copy of the Robotech Anthology out there produced and paid out of pocket by the creator(s). MedMapGuy had a picture of his copy on his blog before he decided to take it down. It was a very screwed up thing for HG to do.

I looooooove Harvey Birdman, but I'm buggered if I can think of the episode you are referring to.

The episode "Evolutionary War", where Mentok messes with the guy carving the Ten Commandments in front of the courthouse.

All I know is that as of 2007 or 2008, there is at least one copy of the Robotech Anthology out there produced and paid out of pocket by the creator(s). MedMapGuy had a picture of his copy on his blog before he decided to take it down. It was a very screwed up thing for HG to do.

Par for the course in screwing the fanbase over.

In amusing news... it looks like Bendo registered here about half an hour ago.

Edited by Seto Kaiba

I step out for a few months and when I come back Mike's a cult leader? :wacko:

RTX just went through a purging of most frequent members and repopulating it with more agreeable fans for the mods. Seto, permanently out. doug, out. MaverickLSC, in, and as a mod.

Sure-fire signs that a Robotech fansite is dead, dying, or populated by idiots:

1. Maverick_LSC and MEMO1DOMINION are members there.
  2. Maverick_LSC and MEMO1DOMINION are moderators there.
  3. People refer to the live-action movie without skepticism.
  4. People are expected to take MEMO1DOMINION's theories about the licensing debates seriously.
  5. Someone honestly tries to defend Shadow Chronicles.
  6. Someone honestly tries to defend Harmony Gold.
  7. Someone honestly tries to defend one or more of those failed RT sequels.
  8. Robotech is compared to Macross as though they were on the same level.

From what people tell me, RobotechX has been teetering on the brink for ages and now it's finally gone over. No loss, it's just a Robotech site after all.

Sure-fire signs that a Robotech fansite is dead, dying, or populated by idiots:
  1. Maverick_LSC and MEMO1DOMINION are members there.
  2. Maverick_LSC and MEMO1DOMINION are moderators there.
  3. People refer to the live-action movie without skepticism.
  4. People are expected to take MEMO1DOMINION's theories about the licensing debates seriously.
  5. Someone honestly tries to defend Shadow Chronicles.
  6. Someone honestly tries to defend Harmony Gold.
  7. Someone honestly tries to defend one or more of those failed RT sequels.
  8. Robotech is compared to Macross as though they were on the same level.

From what people tell me, RobotechX has been teetering on the brink for ages and now it's finally gone over. No loss, it's just a Robotech site after all.

Next in line will be RDF Communications Headquarters :o

OK, to make this funky-ass cult moving, Seto, you have to wear a multi-colored snuggie :lol: Maybe Pete, Gubaba, and myself will wear the blue ones.

Geez, how come those RT boards don't have anymore nonsense to laugh at? I hope our subversive cult powers make them all come out and start acting like morons,,, I mean normal again.

Are snuggies those things I read about that are all the rage now for Christmas...what was it....a blanket with sleeves?

American ingenuity -- once it was cars that could traverse entire continents, jets that could make the world small and take you anywhere, space shuttles that flew to the moon and back.

Now it's a fcuking blanket with sleeves! :(

so sad :(

Anyways.... what's the difference between a snuggie and a bath robe that happens to be made out of warm material?

And to keep it on topic: How long is the SDF-1?

Pete

I step out for a few months and when I come back Mike's a cult leader? :wacko:

Yeah, I'm as surprised as you are by this whole turn of affairs. Some members of the Robotech lunatic fringe got it into their heads that I was the leader of some kind of cabal of Macross purists, and then they changed their mind and said Macross fandom was a cult and I'm its leader. Now they're accusing me of being the sinister force behind this new Robotech podcast called The Protoculture Times. Apparently my influence is such that I can lead the host around by the nose and make him say whatever I want, despite the fact that this guy's apparently on fairly good terms with some of the biggest non-idiot names in the Robotech fandom.

I can only guess why, but the Robotech die-hards clearly think I have ridiculous amounts of clout.

Geez, how come those RT boards don't have anymore nonsense to laugh at? I hope our subversive cult powers make them all come out and start acting like morons,,, I mean normal again.

Well... in order for the RT boards to produce nonsense for us to laugh at they'd have to have active members, and those are in extremely short supply now that most Robotech fansite admins go ban-crazy at the first sign of anything that even remotely resembles a dissenting opinion. Now all that's really left of the online Robotech fanbase are the blind faithful who'll believe any damn thing Harmony Gold tells them and buy anything so long as the word "Robotech" is written on the box, the members of the lunatic fringe who genuinely believe Robotech is wildly popular and lash out at anything that threatens to taint their rose-tinted childhood memories of Robotech, and a few decent people with open minds and realistic views of the franchise and its creators who are being driven away from the fandom by the idiot behavior of the other two groups.

Once a Robotech fansite has whittled its population down to just those people who all share the same views, they become very quiet because they have nothing to talk about... hence the lack of nonsense to laugh at.

Anyways.... what's the difference between a snuggie and a bath robe that happens to be made out of warm material

Something to tie it closed?

And to keep it on topic: How long is the SDF-1?

Not bigger than 16mm... after all, that's the size of the film stock the show was recorded on.

Edited by Seto Kaiba