Poll: Yamato 1/60 Legioss/TREAD Combo

Poll: Yamato 1/60 Legioss/TREAD combo  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Should Yamato make a whole new Legioss/TREAD combo?

• Yes, please Yamato, I swear I'll preorder multiples of each variant!!!
    • I might get a Blue one just for kicks.
    • Nah! I'll wait for Bandai to make a decent DX version. They have far more craft and experience.
    • What the heck is that Mospeada you guys keep talking about?

Hello, Macrossworld's Mospeada fans and sympatizers.

Since the current offerings of the Legioss and TREAD fell short to today's standards and Graham is meeting with the Yamato guys in a few days to propose a list of MW's favorite Macross VF to be made in 1/60 scale (Linky), I decided to open a poll here to gauge interest in a brand new Legioss/TREAD combo line made by them.

I realize it's a really long shot, but what do we have to loose? So vote away, my fellow Mospeada lovers, and Godspeed!

Edited by Lonely Soldier Boy

its funny because Toynami lists their Alphas and Betas at 1/55 but Aoshima lists their Legioss and Tlead at 1/48... exact same toy... of course at 1/55 Robotech collectors will think it's in scale with their Masterpiece Veritechs.

I'd much rather see a 1/32 scale Legioss of course that would put the Tlead at 12 inches in length and with a wimgspan of close to 2ft. I'd still buy it though. Yamato can price it similarly to their Patlabor toy.

If it's good enough I might be in for one. Good enough of course means being at least as detailed as the Toynami bata, more anime accurate than the CM or Toynami's, the combo needs to connect securely and in a way that isn't ugly, and you need to be able to roll both jets on their landing gear without anything dragging.

also, I legioss/TREAD combo would be rather small in 1/60; even together they're only going to be about a foot long in fighter mode. on their own the legioss is going to be down right tiny. At that size I wouldn't pay more than $200 for a combo pack.

what Yamato really needs to do though is get the license and molds from beagle and finish the 1/10 ride armor line. I want a big, accurate, blowsperior damn it!

... so where's the poll for Yamato to finish off the Beagle line. :p

I'm more than happy with my CM versions (which the only let down was the connection for mine), i want a FRIGGIN FUKE/HOUQUET before ANOTHER frcken Legioss Tread.

... Yeah i voted, but i'll be getting a red combo, still pissed i paid full price for the CM Red combo...

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

There's definitely room for improvement for both the Legioss and Tread.

I think I've talked ad nauseum in other posts about the improvements needed for Toynami's basic Alpha.

But on the Tread, despite me seriously loving the Toynami Beta, there's some things that can be improved:

• Bigger, removeable chest missiles;
  • Adding the shoulder, pop-up missile launchers (present on the CM Tread);
  • A twisting cockpit piece to improve the look of the soldier/battroid mode;
  • Stronger and additional locking points for the fighter combo (the Alpha's arm boosters and the Beta's chest intakes don't really connect on the Toynami version);
  • More details and rivets to panel-line (ala the CM Tread);
  • Less of a gap between the two leg boosters and the yellow missile rack in bomber mode;
  • Integrating the landing gears into the body without compromising the bomber's bottom clearance space.
  • Reducing the unsightly gaps on the solo bomber's underside (where the torso, hips, and upper legs are).
If Yamato could address these issues and seriously knock it out of the park with both the Tread and Legioss (definitely needs to match or exceed the size of the current combo offerings - meaning 1/60 scale is out of the question), then I'd be hard pressed and tempted to get one.

But if it's just a marginal improvement in some aspects but a step back in other areas, then it'd be an easy pass for me.

Just my 2 cents.

I'm going to vote "no - not now" because I suspect with the tight economy, R&D money is in short supply and I really would rather Yamato develop more Macross items or give us VFX figures of Macross characters.

In principle of course I have nothing against them trying but... I just worry that it would syphon off resources from Macross.

But maybe if I go watch Mospedea, I'll change my mind.

Pete

I doubt Yamato would jump on the Legioss/TREAD project right now even if they were really interested in doing them. It's too soon, and some people still feel ok about their Toynamis/Aoshimas and or CMs's (not to mention spent), but there's the possibility that Yamato gives us a high end larger scale Combo eventually (A la Patlabor or Scope Dog), when the economy gets better. Lately they seem very interested in making ultimate scale toys as their contribution to licenses already being expoloited by other companies.

There's definitely room for improvement for both the Legioss and Tread.

I think I've talked ad nauseum in other posts about the improvements needed for Toynami's basic Alpha.

But on the Tread, despite me seriously loving the Toynami Beta, there's some things that can be improved:

• Bigger, removeable chest missiles;
  • Adding the shoulder, pop-up missile launchers (present on the CM Tread);
  • A twisting cockpit piece to improve the look of the soldier/battroid mode;
  • Stronger and additional locking points for the fighter combo (the Alpha's arm boosters and the Beta's chest intakes don't really connect on the Toynami version);
  • More details and rivets to panel-line (ala the CM Tread);
  • Less of a gap between the two leg boosters and the yellow missile rack in bomber mode;
  • Integrating the landing gears into the body without compromising the bomber's bottom clearance space.
  • Reducing the unsightly gaps on the solo bomber's underside (where the torso, hips, and upper legs are).
If Yamato could address these issues and seriously knock it out of the park with both the Tread and Legioss (definitely needs to match or exceed the size of the current combo offerings - meaning 1/60 scale is out of the question), then I'd be hard pressed and tempted to get one.

But if it's just a marginal improvement in some aspects but a step back in other areas, then it'd be an easy pass for me.

Just my 2 cents.

IF Yamato ever does a Legioss/Tlead, it would blow away Toynami/Aoshima's version. Because they're such sticklers to lineart detail, articualtion and ingenuity. Which is pretty much where the Beagle got it's principle while making it's ride armor.

After reviewing Yamato's QC disasters of the past 24 months, I vote no. No as in not now. For one reason: If they have this many problems with macross valks, god only knows what would happen on an alpha, where so much more could go wrong due to the more elaborate design/transformation. If they get their sh*t straight, sure, why not. Of course, I'm all for 1/60 scale, tiny as it may be. I'd love to have them in scale with the Macross line.

I agree with Eugimon and EXO. That's why I'm certain a Yamato combo would make a heck of a toy.

Edit: BTW, I didn't bother polling the Ridearmor, because I thought that corpse was still warm, but I'm confident that somebody (hopefully Yamato) will pick up the glove and finish the line someday soon. Maybe we should poll it also?

Not just limited to the Leigoss and Tread, the ENTIRE Mospeada! So frack yeah, I voted for Yamato to take control over the Mospeada line. Especially, to pick up right after the Beagle.

The only Mospeada I bought are the Beagle/Toynami cyclone as I completely disagree with the other toy makers for Mospeada. They fall short on my satisfactory list. Now if Yamato can get Mospeada toys into something of the 1/60 ver. 2 quality, then its golden!!

IF Yamato ever does a Legioss/Tlead, it would blow away Toynami/Aoshima's version. Because they're such sticklers to lineart detail, articualtion and ingenuity. Which is pretty much where the Beagle got it's principle while making it's ride armor.

Let's not forget: there is a little bit of anime magic going on with the Legioss and Tread.

And as much as I like Yamato's skillful design work, even they have had to make a few compromises and concessions due to anime magic (such as the internally mounted gunpods of the VF-22).

Like I said earlier, there's definitely areas that can be vastly improved over both Toynami's and CM's offerrings.

I just don't want to see Yamato address those issues and flaws from Toynami's and CM's versions but then wind up with their own unique set of issues or inaccuracies. That's all. <shrugs>

Let's not forget: there is a little bit of anime magic going on with the Legioss and Tread.

And as much as I like Yamato's skillful design work, even they have had to make a few compromises and concessions due to anime magic (such as the internally mounted gunpods of the VF-22).

Like I said earlier, there's definitely areas that can be vastly improved over both Toynami's and CM's offerrings.

I just don't want to see Yamato address those issues and flaws from Toynami's and CM's versions but then wind up with their own unique set of issues or inaccuracies. That's all. <shrugs>

I agree there'll be some compromises to be made, but at this point Yamato knows very well what collectors expect from their transforming planes. Their current standards assures you you'll get at least: a TREAD with retractable landing gear, the closest to Lineart accuracy as possible, tons of detail, all the features they can pack on both crafts, and a decent engineering (i.e. tight joints, secure locking mechanisms, etc).

I'll likely get lynched for saying so, but I think Yamato needs to make MOSPEADA toys like they need a hole in the head. It's not that they're not capable or competent, but the market for these items is just too small and already saturated to justify the engineering costs of YET ANOTHER Legioss... Because Toynami AND Aoshima AND CM are all essentially competing for the same real estate.

Also, I think that the licence holders screwed the pooch by whoring out the licence for the series to everyone and their dog; all of the licencees producing skus too similar to each other and cannibalizing each others' market. Looking at it purely from a business perspective, it wouldn't make financial sense for Yamato.

I'll likely get lynched for saying so, but I think Yamato needs to make MOSPEADA toys like they need a hole in the head. It's not that they're not capable or competent, but the market for these items is just too small and already saturated to justify the engineering costs of YET ANOTHER Legioss... Because Toynami AND Aoshima AND CM are all essentially competing for the same real estate.

Also, I think that the licence holders screwed the pooch by whoring out the licence for the series to everyone and their dog; all of the licencees producing skus too similar to each other and cannibalizing each others' market. Looking at it purely from a business perspective, it wouldn't make financial sense for Yamato.

It would be pointless to even vote, you guys live in a perfect world.

That was what I told LSB before the poll, but entertaining the thought is not against any rules.

While I've wanted Yamato to take over the MOSPEADA license for a long time now, let's not restrict them to Treads/Legioss. Start with those, then, like a year from now, make 1/18th bikes to match their BGC and Megazone ones.

As for the scale being small, Yamato has never really been a stickler on that. Their BGC bikes are listed as 1/18th, come packaged with the same figures that, when sold separately, had been listed as 1/15th or 1/12th (I forget which now)... but all still match up with the standard 1/18th figures and bikes (like CMs).

My question would be , if Yamato was do do the project with a better quality than Toynami/Aoshima's version, what would the pricing point be set at?