Poll: Yamato 1/60 Legioss/TREAD Combo

Poll: Yamato 1/60 Legioss/TREAD combo  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Should Yamato make a whole new Legioss/TREAD combo?

• Yes, please Yamato, I swear I'll preorder multiples of each variant!!!
    • I might get a Blue one just for kicks.
    • Nah! I'll wait for Bandai to make a decent DX version. They have far more craft and experience.
    • What the heck is that Mospeada you guys keep talking about?

180 for the legioss, 250 for the tread. Maybe more. It's a small, saturated market for these guys.

if they're 1/32 maybe. if it's so small and saturated you're just shooting yourself in the foot if you charge a rediculous amount for something as dinky as a 1/60 would be. If it's 1/60, it should be $50 for a legioss, $90 for a tread.

The fundamental problem I have with Legioss transforming toys or models is that they can't get rid of the "stubby wing syndrome". The old 1/72 scale fixed-mode kits, tiny though they were, gave the fighter mode decent proportions. Every transforming toy I've seen has got wings way too small in proportion to the rest of the body, and the feet just drag out behind to a ridiculous extent. Until someone, anyone, figures out a way to give the fighter mode a reasonable delta shape, I just ain't interested.

So, the option for me that isn't in the poll is "Doesn't matter until the Legioss looks decent".

Edited by Penguin

I know there was an issue with Toynami saying theirs was 1/55th, and Aoshima saying their release at the same size was 1/48 - but they seem to be an ideal scale to me. 1/60th would not be that much different.

Actually 1/60 is too small.

As a good rule of thumb, take a 1/60 VF-1. Stand it up in battroid mode. You see where the VF-1's hips/intakes are at? A 1/60 scaled Legioss would be just around that height.

I think the consensus here was that the Toynami Alphas/Aoshima Legiosses are probably somewhere around 1/50 or 1/52 scale.

Edited by Mog

Agreed that 1/60 would be too small to be a real improvement (a retractable landing gear would be almost impossible in such a small toy). I too think that the Toynami/Aoshima have the right size for a fun toy with good engineering, but it'd be interesting to see Yamato give the L/T Combo the Ingram treatment (amazing engineering, insane detail amount, more features than expected, etc), and 1/32-35 would be the perfect scale for that purpose. Not exactly the ideal toy to zoom around the house, but a must have nevertheless.

I'm not really sure where I stand on this. I'm a huge Mospeada fan, I'd buy one of each if they were made, but I have some doubts about the 1/60 scale. At 1/35 the Tread ends up being overwhelmingly large and isn't enough of an "it" toy to likely warrant being made. However, 1/35 (or thereabouts) is the PERFECT scale for the Legioss. Would I love to see both made in a 1/30ish scale? Absolutely, but the realist tells me that just would never happen. At 1/60 the Tread can be made perfect, especially if it was designed with an attachment to a 1/60 Legioss toy always in mind (which it seems no manufacturer has really done... although Aoshima/Toynami did a good job after the fact of making things work half-decently). A 1/60 scale legioss, without opening missile bays, opening cockpit canopy (honestly, I don't care if the canopy can open so long as there's a decent looking pilot inside and a detailed cockpit), and without landing gears could probably be done alright... but I think people would pan it for having all those features absent.

Meh, if Bandai can make a 1/200 scale Asshimar or Zeta Gundam that transforms I don't see the difficulty in doing a small Legioss. Some of the opening panels may have to be replaced with swappable sections but at least that means the new parts can have better detail that real working sections.

Agreed that 1/60 would be too small to be a real improvement (a retractable landing gear would be almost impossible in such a small toy). I too think that the Toynami/Aoshima have the right size for a fun toy with good engineering, but it'd be interesting to see Yamato give the L/T Combo the Ingram treatment (amazing engineering, insane detail amount, more features than expected, etc), and 1/32-35 would be the perfect scale for that purpose. Not exactly the ideal toy to zoom around the house, but a must have nevertheless.
I'd love to see Yamato tackle the combo(provided the qc is superb).

In my opinion, both the CM's and Toynami Legioss toys are flawed. While they balance each other out in a way(in other words, in areas where one is flawed, the other does better, and vice versa), the Legioss toys from both companies are disappointing. I was almost certain I would like the CM's Legioss much more than the Toynami, and then realized that both were lacking in many areas.

So I'd like to see Yamato take on the Legioss and Tread combo. They tend to be passionate about accuracy and now, are moving more towards more toyetic releases, as in, having better handling qualities(compare the v2 1/60 VF-1 to the 1/48, the 1/60 holds poses better, is less likely to have loose joints over time, feels more solid, et al).

Also I'd like to see at least 1/48 scale for these, for the sake of getting a better Legioss and being a big enough to have a bunch of moving parts without being prone to looseness.

Edited by Shin Densetsu Kai 7.0