Wonder if yamato would make other valks...

Godzilla

This has prolly come up several times but after looking at the VF-4 valk for the first time (and several others), I was mesmorized... :blink: and I am simply in love with it. Sure nothing beats a VF-1 but the VF-4 looks damn cool. Unless I missed something, I am really wanting to get a VF-4 toy. VF-11 looks ok. A VF-17 looks cool too. Any toys of them? I dont really care for the VF-19s or VF-22 hence why I skipped the 1/72 scales of them.

This has prolly come up several times but after looking at the VF-4 valk for the first time (and several others), I was mesmorized... :blink: and I am simply in love with it. Sure nothing beats a VF-1 but the VF-4 looks damn cool. Unless I missed something, I am really wanting to get a VF-4 toy. VF-11 looks ok. A VF-17 looks cool too. Any toys of them? I dont really care for the VF-19s or VF-22 hence why I skipped the 1/72 scales of them.

Yamato has had two releases of the VF-11 (original and "now with 100% more FAST packs")

Bandai made a 1/65 VF-17D

and a VF-17S.

You are experiencing VF-1 nausea, a deadly side effect of valkoholism. If if I were you I'd find some Yoshinol fast, if you break out in hives with little kites in it, it's too late my friend. R.I.P.

:ph34r:

Yeah. I'd like to see 1/60 scale Macross Plus toys and think Yamato should do a full VF-X series starting in 1/72 with the VF-22S and VF-19A (easily accomplished by essentially repaints and minor part differences from their M+ molds). Then a 1/72 VF-17D would be awesome.

After that I imagine they would larger scale, but if they should do a VF-4, I'd probably get one. Not my favorite design (and ugly battroid) but a pretty cool fighter.

I still love the VF-1 which is why I am waiting for the Max and Milla ones with FPs. VF-1D, VF-1T, VF-1A (and 1Js if they make it) CFs and VF-1A Max would be so cool as well. But seeing the VF-4, man it just looks too cool to have it be a 1/48 sitting side by side with the vf-1

For those of you wondering what the heck a VF-4 is. . . here ya go.

From here:

vf4-fighter.gif

and

vf4-battroid.gif

(don't know why they call it "soldier" mode there. But whatever)

To my knowledge, the VF-4 only appears in Flashback 2012.

Best Regards,

H

Yamato is supposed to release a VF-4. When, who knows. 1/72(?) and hopefully a 1/48. Hope they at least do the smaller scale version before they dip into the Macross Zero Valks.

I still love the VF-1 which is why I am waiting for the Max and Milla ones with FPs.  VF-1D, VF-1T, VF-1A (and 1Js if they make it) CFs and VF-1A Max would be so cool as well.  But seeing the VF-4, man it just looks too cool to have it be a 1/48 sitting side by side with the vf-1

Yeah, that's me too. I love the VF-1 and I want Yamato to milk it, milk it, milk. "Take my money, Yamato! It's yours!" I don't want to see things like "new upgraded-upgraded VF-1S Roy" necessarily, but a Max/Miria set of 1Js in 1/48 would be awesome (not to mention the various other schemes/versions of VF-1 seen in DYRL and the TV series).

But, it'd also be nice to get some 1/48 Macross Zero action.

Edited by Draykov

Yamato is supposed to release a VF-4. When, who knows. 1/72(?) and hopefully a 1/48. Hope they at least do the smaller scale version before they dip into the Macross Zero Valks.

OMG... *Gets on hands and knees to pray* Oh pleeeaaaaaze yamato make a 1/48 one. :D If I see a preorder for it on VE, I am gonna send it in!

I think after the 1J, I'm all set for the VF-1 1/48 line. If they hit up an Ostrich or Elint, I'd be tempted to pull out Mr. Wallet though. I really want them to make the VF-4 and Macross+ valks though. Everyone and their dog can make a VF-1. I want to see Yamato make something the fans can really wet their pants over.

I'm sorry to say that I'll probably buy the VF-1 variants until they stop making them. Though, actually, I don't even have a Max yet (I think the GF has that in line for XMas though).

I'm especially going to get (these are hypothetical):

Max 1J

Milia 1J

Cannon Fodder!!!

H

I'm sorry to say that I'll probably buy the VF-1 variants until they stop making them. Though, actually, I don't even have a Max yet (I think the GF has that in line for XMas though).

I'm especially going to get (these are hypothetical):

Max 1J

Milia 1J

Cannon Fodder!!!

H

As I've said before, I'd bet good money that 1/48 Max & Miria 1Js are in our not too distant future.

As sweet as the VF-1's are in the bigger scale, I really want to see some other models on my shelf.

VF-4, a proper VF-11, something.

AND AN SDF-1! Don't care what scale, as long as it doesn't make it cost more than a 1/48 w/ fast packs.

AND AN SDF-1!  Don't care what scale, as long as it doesn't make it cost more than a 1/48 w/ fast packs.

So NOT 1:1?

If only I could.

Or maybe a 1/48 of it as my next house :lol:

i always liked the vf-4 but could never find a toy for it...i'll be glad if yamato decides to make one..i know i'll be jumping all over it!!!! :D:p:lol::rolleyes:

if the vf-4 was in 1/72 scale, it'd be more like 1/65 (?) the vf-4 really isn't much bigger than the vf-1

ahh well...we could always hope for bigger and better things like the 1/48 :rolleyes:

oh yeah, 48 is too big for the Macross Plus line...unless you want something that's bigger than a lawn gnome :lol:

Edited by Dat Pinche Haro!

One thing to consider, when wondering what Yamato will release next is whether or not multiple version are possible. The design and tooling costs of a transforming toy are sky high and if only a single version can be released, Yamato would make a loss. It's not just about breaking even, any manufacturer has to make a profit and in the case of transforming VF toys this is only possible if a) the production run is very large (Yamato's are not), or b) if multiple repaints can be released, e.g. VF-1A/J/S Hikaru/Max/Focker etc.

As much as I would like to see a VF-4 or VF-5000 toy, the chances are probably slim as the repaint/multiple version potential is far lower.

Graham

I agree with Agent Zero.......I'm kinda getting tired of the 1/48 VF-1 lineup (the VF-1J might be my last one).

A SDF-1 or VF-4 will change my mind.

OR the 1/48 Macross Plus Valkyries. :blink:

Chill out guys! The VF-1 line is coming very close to an end. I guess probably 4-5 more to go. A couple of Js and maybe an A.

One thing to consider, when wondering what Yamato will release next is whether or not multiple version are possible. The design and tooling costs of a transforming toy are sky high and if only a single version can be released, Yamato would make a loss. It's not just about breaking even, any manufacturer has to make a profit and in the case of transforming VF toys this is only possible if a) the production run is very large (Yamato's are not), or b) if multiple repaints can be released, e.g. VF-1A/J/S Hikaru/Max/Focker etc.

As much as I would like to see a VF-4 or VF-5000 toy, the chances are probably slim as the repaint/multiple version potential is far lower.

Graham

Low Viz VF-4, any paint scheme of the VF-1 lines too! Minmay Guard VF-4! :(

Actually, I would sure as hell buy a Low Viz version of some of the other valks if they released them!

But I need a VF-4! :D

Needs it, wants it! Our.... prrrrrecious! :lol:

I'll just keep hoping! ... either that or I'm gonna learn how to sculpt and spend years trying make my own! :lol:

Graham

Ahem.....what about the VF-11 and YF-21? One normal version and one FAST Pack version, Two for each mold in total? ^_^ All they had were some minor parts modifiication for improvement, and some extra pieces of plastic for FAST Packs.

One thing to consider, when wondering what Yamato will release next  is whether or not multiple version are possible. The design and tooling costs of a transforming toy are sky high and if only a single version can be released, Yamato would make a loss. It's not just about breaking even, any manufacturer has to make a profit and in the case of transforming VF toys this is only possible if a) the production run is very large (Yamato's are not), or b) if multiple repaints can be released, e.g. VF-1A/J/S Hikaru/Max/Focker etc.

Graham

Low Viz VF-4, any paint scheme of the VF-1 lines too! Minmay Guard VF-4! :(

Actually, I would sure as hell buy a Low Viz version of some of the other valks if they released them!

But I need a VF-4! :D

Needs it, wants it! Our.... prrrrrecious! :lol:

I'll just keep hoping! ... either that or I'm gonna learn how to sculpt and spend years trying make my own! :lol:

There are already several official schemes out the door: Skull One, Max, and Millia, a grey (right?) VF-X2 scheme, or even a brown CF version of it.

And there's nothing to say they couldn't do a low-vis or stealth black sceme either.

Most of us here would gobble up a VF-4 in multiples. Even if it's just the skull scheme, I'd buy two anyway.

Edit in: Maybe pass that idea along if they need convincing. A good VF-4 would be a goldmine. It's been asked for in these pages forever.

Edited by Anubis

One thing to consider, when wondering what Yamato will release next  is whether or not multiple version are possible. The design and tooling costs of a transforming toy are sky high and if only a single version can be released, Yamato would make a loss. It's not just about breaking even, any manufacturer has to make a profit and in the case of transforming VF toys this is only possible if a) the production run is very large (Yamato's are not), or b) if multiple repaints can be released, e.g. VF-1A/J/S Hikaru/Max/Focker etc.

Graham

Ahem...It´s true that no other valk has come close to the VF-1 in regards to variants but I think it´s fairly safe to say that the VF-5000 is profitable :

-VF-5000B (VF-X2 or MP:GE scheme)

- VF-5000 Millia/Max custom (Macross M3)

- VF-5000 double seater

- VF-5000 FP version

That seems a lot more than what they made for their Macross Plus license , I mean , if the M+ toys were profitable (they even made FP version and re-sculpted the 19 )then the VF-5000 will make them rich :) .

And yes , they can do it , we know they have the VF-X2 and M+ license so Bandai´s M7 license isn´t an issue here , otherwise they wouldn´t have released the VF-19A. And even if they don´t release all those variants they can release it under the same circumstances as the Low vis or the YF-19 (both of which recieved special treatment regardless of their cost to the company ) , After all the profit they´ ve made with the VF-1 I would expect them to allow themselves to give us something new as the VF-5000.

Furthermore , their upcoming M0 will be pretty much the same as the VF-1 line (in terms of getting the most out of their molds) so that should guarantee the release of new valks (they make profit , they invest that money in new toys ).

Of course I´m not expecting Yamato to release a VF-5000 anytime soon , but it would be pretty

disappointing if they didn´t continue their Macross line after M0. Afterall , the profit made from the M+ toys was invested on the 1/60s and that into the 1/48 which in turn I´m assuming will go into M0 but after that what are they gonna do ? more VF-1s ? hell no , they need to meet the consumer expectations and after producing all possible VF-1/0 variants people will be , to say the least , satisfied and eager for new things (if not this thread would exist).

Edited by Aegis!

I agree with Agent Zero.......I'm kinda getting tired of the 1/48 VF-1 lineup (the VF-1J might be my last one).

OR the 1/48 Macross Plus Valkyries.  :blink:

Chill out guys! The VF-1 line is coming very close to an end. I guess probably 4-5 more to go. A couple of Js and maybe an A.

Uh, if there are 4-5 to go, that means we're not even halfway there. LOL. Or barely halfway.

But, I'm in no rush.

H

OR the 1/48 Macross Plus Valkyries.  :blink:

Uh, if there are 4-5 to go, that means we're not even halfway there. LOL. Or barely halfway.

But, I'm in no rush.

H

The way I figure it, they potentially have 13 more canon VF-1 versions/paint schemes that they could release in 1/48 (if you count GPB as another version, then make it 14). Admittedly, a few of the ones I came up with are unlikely candidates for toys.

Edit: I wasn't gonna list my speculative choices, but I'm too much of a geeky fan-boy not to (apparently). From most likely releases to least likely (IMHO):

1. VF-1J Max

2. VF-1J Miria

3. VF-1A CF

4. GBP armor

5. VF-1A Kakizaki (DYRL)

6. VF-1S Max

7. VT-1 Super Ostrich

8. VE-1 Elint Seeker

9. VF-1D

10. VF-1A Max (TV)

11. VF-1A Kakizaki (TV)

12. VF-1A Angel Birds

13. VF-1J CF

14. VF-1D Virgin Road (Max 1J scheme)

I'll bet if they took a few dollars of the price of a CF compared to other 1/48s, it'd sell a lot better than the 1/60 did. Of course, I maintain that the deal with the 1/60 was that everyone was clamoring for a TRU Japan exclusive only to have a general release a few months later.

Edited by Draykov

Ahem...It´s true that no other valk has come close to the VF-1 in regards to variants but I think it´s fairly safe to say that the VF-5000 is profitable :

I really doubt that a VF 5000 would be profitable. Most casual Macross fans don't even know what it is or where its from.

The VF-19A from Macross VFX-2 was just a simple repaint with little cost to Yamato probably. Same goes for the Low Viz(well not a repaint but plastic molded in a different color).

The 1/48 Hikaru VF-1J will probably be my last 1/48 VF-1.

I wouldn't be surprised(like many) if the a Max and Millia 1/48 VF-1Js are around the corner. I'd like to see a 1/48 Max VF-1S even though I bashed the release of the Max VF-1A lol

Graham

Well cant they make a couple of other color schemes for the VF-4? Also, you have factor in the account of people buy multiples VF-4s. I mean I am guilty in that category. I selectively buy multiples of what I like such as low vis VF-1A and I would buy mutiple Max VF-1J VF-1A CFs. I know that there VF-4A, VF-4C, and VF-4G with some Max and Milla paint scheme... Anyways, it just a wish...