Wonder if yamato would make other valks...

Godzilla

It's not whether Yamato can make multiple versions of the VF-4. They can. All of the ones already listed and make up others... Hell, you can take anything and make n versions of it. But how many of these are gonna sell? People want Hikaru and Roy VF-1s. Increasingly less of Max, Milia, CF. Kakizaki is not likely to see a 1/48 if he didn't even get a 1/60 IMO. Same with tv versions of Max 1A and Kakizaki. And that's the reason there hasn't been a VF-4 toy yet, as cool as it might be. Same with a VF-2SS and Metal Siren, incidently, which got far more screen time.

Problem with the VF-1D, Super-O, and ELintseeker is that it needs different parts and such from the ordinary 1/48. If we knew the 1/60 vesions were doign good, then it might be possible, but given all of the complaints and lack of positive (as well as pretty low comparative prices on ebay and such), I don't think they're doing well and it doesn't bode well.

GBP should sell well. Everyone wants it. But it's a one off... means either Yamato WILL do it, but it will be pricey (probably more than the FAST-packs if seperate... or ~200 flat if included with a valk)... or they won't do it at all. I believe 1/60 sales WILL influence this, but I could be wrong (and won't be disapointed by it).

I am surprised Yamato hasn't milked the YF-21FP mold a bit more. I'm certainly ready to buy a VF-X2 VF-22S repaint with the parts they already molded (as seen in Graham's review). ;)

Maintaining some diversity is important. If they saturate the market with 1/48 VF-1 variants, then they sre going to be stuck with excess inventory. How many $200 dollar (valk + FP) are the majority of us actually willing to buy? The fortunate few can buy as many as they want, but the regular joe has to be selective. As much as I would like to, I just can't justify to myself 200 bucks for a Hikaru 1S w/ fast packs when have a strike roy and a Hikaru A on the shelf.

D-models probably are not very likely to happen, because they have to alter the sculpt of the valk to do it, and IMO the heatshield won't be able to be non-removable like that, either, though that is a minor quibble. VE and VT definately not gonna happen, bacause they are not going to make new FP molds just for those, the cost most likely won't justify those. I don't think Kakizaki woud sell extremely well, I'm curious if they even bother, probably depends on how the DYRL Max 1A did. TV Max/Kakizaki, who knows, but doubtful if they are planning M&M 1J's (a certainty) or a Max 1S.

New valks in whatever scale are guaranteed to sell well. There are most assuredly multiple cannon schemes for the VF-4. Like in my abouve posts, 3 automatically: Skull 001 and Max/Millia. More are a sinch. At a minimum Yamato would have bragging rights about having the first transformable toy of it. The VF-11 has sold well, there is no doubt the VF-4 would perform well, too, also the 5000 or any other valk, but that is reaching a little bit. It would be great for them to get the VF-4 out there, give us a break from the VF-1 bit temporarily. When M0 comes, the VF-0 would be nice, but it's still based from the VF-1 anyway. I will probably spend more on 2 SV-51's, for something different. Maybe 1 VF-0. I love the VF-1, but I am not plunking 140 bucks down too repeatedly on more 1/48's of it. Like I've said before, another LE or a CF, but that's all I want. Especially with my 1/60's to boot. I want to have some room for something else, and would be more than happy to throw money at some new offerings. Just no more VF-1s for now for me, except the GBP 1/60.

I would love a VF-22S as well, since they have shown they have the head and such already. They just need to fix that backpack so it actually locks in battroid.

At the very least the new YF-19's are coming, of which I will buy two. That and the 1/60 GBP are all I'm really looking forward too right now.

OK , so we´re all happy and satisfied because we´re able to buy valkyries toys now , but has anyone thought of what will happen once the SDF, M0 or M+ (whatever scale ) lines are done ?

What will happen once they milk all the renowned valks (YF-19 , 22, VF-1 and VF-0 )? will they stop there ?

will they make M7 toys ? nope , Bandai will probably retain/renew their license after it expires (it depends on BW but when Bandai Visual is in charge of one of BW´s productions I doubt they´ll disagree with the big B ).

VF-X2 ? they could but as said by everyone none of those valks are profitable

M3 ? hell , if VF-X2 wasn´t good enough what would make them do M3 valks ?

So we (Yamato and us) are left with nothing. They´ll stop making Macross toys after M0/M+ and they won´t make anymore profits from the franchise , meanwhile we won´t have VF-4s , VF-5000s , VF-14s or FA VF-11s <_<

Pardon me if I don´t agree with the idea that non-VF-1 toys aren´t profitable but I seriously don´t see the logic on leaving their Macross line halfway , specially after all the profits they´ve made with the VF-1 and M+ toys (and possibly M0 ).