Adults who play with their toys.

Deadzone

What do people mean when they say they play with their toys?  

167 members have voted

1. 1. What do people mean when they say they play with their toys?

• I transform my valkyrie.
    • I pose my valkyrie in different positions.
    • I fly my valkyrie around (with or without) whooshing noises.
    • I hold mock battles with Zentradi battle pods.
    • All of the above.
    • All of the above except for holding mock battles.
    • I only display my valks.

Normaly, I just display the valkyire and re-pose them when I feel bored.

Somehow, I feel a bit abnormal today when I finally got my 1/72 YF-21 FP, I

fly the YF-21 with noises, and even stage a chase with my VF-11B.

The 1/48 are too fragile and expensive to play with, they are strickly display items.

I have a 1/60 CF (sticker applied) at work, I'll transform it, re-pose it and fly it around when I got bored debugging my code.

Obviously the word "play" can mean anything to anyone, anytime or anywhere-it depends on the point of view.

The most important thing to remember though is that when playing, or otherwise dealing with your Valkyries, or any other situation in your life for that matter, the only thing that matters is what you think and how you feel; everyone else needs to mind their own damn business and/or get a life....

On that note, I fly my Valkyries around the room making whooshing noises......

Yes, I fly my valks around but I dont make whooshing noises... I sing Minmay songs :D

I transform my Valks. I am also guilty of flying then around the house. (Chase the dog.) The only time I play mock battles is when my 5 year old nephew visits and we dog fight. Him with his Power Ranger Megazord and me with my Chunky Monkey Super Valk.

Oh...I am also guilty of taking my Valks and tranforming them while I am in the sh*thouse. :blink:

:lol::lol::lol: I thought I was the only one,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,we need to add to the poll :lol::p

Yes, and chasing the financee around the house is allways a blast,,,,she says ita better than shooting her with rubber bands :rolleyes:

Oh...I am also guilty of taking my Valks and tranforming them while I am in the sh*thouse. :blink:

Thank you--that's a bit of T.M.I. there :p

It's all of the above except mock battles. I prefer taking pictures of them, while making sound effects. :lol:

Now, if I can get that Q-Rau, then I would shoot battle scenes!

good thing I din't sell my 1/60s B))

Vic.

Ah, BTW , WHOSSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!(for best results, add SFX to pic below!)

post-4-1068739460_thumb.jpg

I usually don´t play with my valks , I just hear to what they say to me , you know , the usual things like : You gotta kill them all...buy more Yammies...those pills aren´t harmful , they´ll make you happy... :unsure::blink:

Just kidding :lol:

I don´t have much of a collection , just a small selection of those valks I love the most (Super 1J , VF-11 , some bits and pieces ...) so I can´t say I´m able to stage mock battles , even if I wanted to.

I occasionally change my valks from one Mode to another (except for my unbroken VF-11) and pose them in some neat pose.

All of the above except for staging mock battles. (I only have one Macross toy, a 1/48 VF-1 Valkyrie, so mock battles typically aren't an option -- although I do sometimes pose it in a showdown shooting type pose with another toy, like a Transformer.)

I do occasionally swoop my VF up and down in fighter mode. I also like posing it and transforming it.

Geeezzz, I thought that this was the same thread that other person made some comment about adults who play with their Valks or something.

Its nice to know that some poeple do pretend that Valks are flying in the air :lol::lol::lol: I thought that it was just me (Until now, I thought that my G/F was right about me, that" I still act like a little kid playing with toys"). Well, I hope this thread stays up until at least end of this weekend. I can then show this thread to my G/F and tell her that its not just me, there are about 50 or so other grown-up guys that play with their Valks. :D:D:D:D:D

• 1 month later...
Thought maybe I'd bump this one so we can get the newcomers to post here rather than fill up another (less detailed) poll.

H

Hi! Guess I am one of those newbies :lol: Voted for all except mock battles. Currently I only have two 1/48 Yammies (Max and Low Viz), and I often find myself carrying them about in the house so I always have them within reach.

I really like the complicated transformation of these babies, so I transform them very often: while watching TV, listening to music, or doing anything else that doesn't occupy my hands :D Wonder how long the backpack hinge will do this :unsure: (no stress marks so far, knock on wood).

-- Pointer

dunno where I fall in this so I haven't voted. The voices in my head tell me I have a good imagination but I don't fly my valks around the house or do mock battles. Unlike many here I am in the posistion to actually hold mock battle. Up until recently people who saw part of my collection kept on telling me to recreate the attack on the "daedulus". If I knew what they were talking about it might have happened before I sold half my army. I have numerous vices, and a wife, that keep my kands occupied so the need to manipulate something in my hands usually gets resolved fairly quickly. Most of my stuff sits safe from my cats in boxes.

on the other hand... most of the stuff now safe in boxes was loose. I have a number of valks that haven't made it into a box yet for a variety of reason ranging from lack of boxes to lack of arms so why put it in a box. My "playing" normally consists of swapping parts around to get one valk in good shape from how-ever many parts valks it takes. SOme have gone through repeated upgrades as parts became availible. I happily spend hours tinkering with them in an attempt to restore them to their former glory. What can I say... I like fixing things.

Other than fixing stuff and swapping parts around I spend a lot of time holding my toys while going through my bits boxes and thinking. I don't know if others would consider it playing as I compare bit after bit next to the toy I am holding. I guess maybe "mock battles" as many a spawn figure is left dismembered and abused after I loot parts for my next custom. Custom spawn officers pod anyone??? It's in the works :rolleyes: . I assume painting isn't playing either. Silly poses for photographs? Making dioramas? Staring at in an inheibriated stupor? What can I say... no sound effects or flying around the house for my toys... my cats enjoy it though :rolleyes: . Is it wrong to swing a cat around over your head holding it's hind legs if it enjoys it??? :blink: Should a cat purr when you spank it :blink:

Kanata... first off, it's good to see you here again...

Funny you should say that about your cat! My girlfriend's cat is the same way... It likes to get tossed in the air onto the couch, and purrs when I'm rough with it... WEIRD.. :lol:

Funny and wonderful replys here.. ^_^

I've only just gotten into the Macross scene... I own a lot of transformers though so i have little battles with my transformers!

Transforming things has to be the most fun thing to do with these babies! Over and Over and Over and Over again!! And then Over again!! Pose for a few seconds... stare i awww... go Oooh... Transform Over again! More posing! Then, (if I don't feel like setting up battles) have little battles in my head! OOoh... Dog fights, battling Zentradi, who needs more toys when you got your "hero" in your hands and your overly active imagination?? :D

Should a cat purr when you spank it :blink:

Ted Nugent made a song about that,,,,so, yeah

EDIT: Cat Scratch Fever (for those less than 26 yrs old,,,,not many here) is the name of the song

Edited by pfunk

Mock battles here, mock battles there... bah! <_<

C'mon, guys, you have to recognize that what we REALLY like, what really turns us on (...) is to make Isamu and Guld fight!!! :lol:

I'm pretty sure that every 1/72's owner does... (I do :p )

mcpaz :lol: