The Transformers 3 Thread--A Michael Bay Thread

Transformers 3  

204 members have voted

1. 1. What would you want in Transformers 3?

• Unicron
    • Dinobots
    • More Triple-Changers
    • Omega Supreme and more Gestalts
    • More robots and less human characters
    • A better actress than Megan Fox
    • Mudflap and Skids blown to pieces
    • A better group of script writers
    • A more competent director than Michael Bay / Zoom the camera out during fight scenes
    • Michael Bay's head on a stake
  2. 2. Will Transformers 3 suffer from the "Third Movie Syndrome"?

• Yes
    • No

My gripes about Bayformers are nothing compared to my grievances against that P.O.S.

Just wiki it.

From wht i remember from school in communism ppl work for the betterment of the gov't.The Government owns all and "distributes" the wealth "accordingly".

Back on topic.

I think the movie could have been better if the editing wasn't so sporadic.

Edited by BeyondTheGrave

Why on Earth is communism and/or Chinese politics being discussed here? Not another word, not even in response to this post, or get banned.

Sorry some one asked why transformers 3 was not released in china I just wanted to be thorough as to why it was not.

Saw this again tonight, and overall I probably enjoyed it more this second time.

Few things I would change, now that I've been able to absorb it a little more:

Cut the building/parachuting scenes down by about 20 minutes, and use that to fill in the gaps of how Bee and the others were captured, and to give us a few scenes at the end to make it a little less abrupt.

Another thing I noticed the 2nd time around, was that the damage caused during the freeway chase had alot less autobot caused accidents than I thought. I dunno if there is a difference between imax and non imax cuts, but I had remembered more.

Going to see Harry Potter twice, eh?

No, but funny you should say that I'm probably the only person on the planet who has not seen even 1 Harry Potter film. But I will be seeing Transformers 3 in awesome IMAX 3-D next week for the second time. I wonder how many time must I see it in order for Transformers to beat Harry Potter at the Box office? I wanT to do my part you know!!! :D

SHUT UP AND EAT YOUR AWESOME!!!!

Edited by aerocombatpilot

No, but funny you should say that I'm probably the only person on the planet who has not seen even 1 Harry Potter film. But I will be seeing Transformers 3 in awesome IMAX 3-D next week for the second time. I wonder how many time must I see it in order for Transformers to beat Harry Potter at the Box office? I wanT to do my part you know!!! :D

SHUT UP AND EAT YOUR AWESOME!!!!

Your not the only one. I haven't seen any of the Harry Potter films. I can't stand it or the silly books. I know very few people that have seen them. It may be an age thing though, It's too kiddie for me. I have seen DOTM twice.

Your not the only one. I haven't seen any of the Harry Potter films. I can't stand it or the silly books. I know very few people that have seen them. It may be an age thing though, It's too kiddie for me. I have seen DOTM twice.

I think you might be right about the age thing, although I have seen all three Chronicles of Narnia films even though I never read any of the books back in school. ^_^

I've seen only two Harry Potter films, but not by choice. An ex-girlfriend of mine was a huge fan, so I went to watch Order of the Phoenix with her. Then we watched Goblet of Fire at a relative's place.

As for DOTM, I've seen it four times - including once on IMAX and twice in 3D.

I've seen only two Harry Potter films, but not by choice. An ex-girlfriend of mine was a huge fan, so I went to watch Order of the Phoenix with her. Then we watched Goblet of Fire at a relative's place.

As for DOTM, I've seen it four times - including once on IMAX and twice in 3D.

The only person that I know that has seen the Harry Potter movies was in a similar situation. His wife read the books, and she dragged him and her parents to see them. But he told me that they all liked them.

I did read two of the chronicels of Narnia books as a kid, but had no desire to see the films.

I think LOTR ruined those types of films for me. I read the books and saw the films. But I have no desire to see them or any similar types of movies again.

I think LOTR ruined those types of films for me. I read the books and saw the films. But I have no desire to see them or any similar types of movies again.

Tell me about it - I watched the first one and got bored very quickly. Every time LOTR is brought up, I'm always reminded of Randal's analogy of it in Clerks II:

Can he at least give us the name of the rabbit vs panda kung fu movie? :p

Why on Earth is communism and/or Chinese politics being discussed here? Not another word, not even in response to this post, or get banned.

Is it just the lighting or is his hand really a vastly different shade of yellow versus his car parts? The kit looks great, I just cant figure out that hand.

Well I could not match the molded plastic color. And I wasnt about to go ahead and airbrush the car parts. I know a lot of you could do better but this is good for my skills

Well I could not match the molded plastic color. And I wasnt about to go ahead and airbrush the car parts. I know a lot of you could do better but this is good for my skills

I didn't mean that to sound as if it was bad. I just wasn't sure if the hand was painted or for some reason it was molded in a different color.

I drove the family through downtown Chicago to the lakeshore today. As we came into the city down Congress Ave, I couldn't help but visualize the Decepticon ships floating above and the fighters nesting on the buildings. While the movie wasn't the greatest, the visuals of an occupied Chicago were very compelling and well executed!

I drove the family through downtown Chicago to the lakeshore today. As we came into the city down Congress Ave, I couldn't help but visualize the Decepticon ships floating above and the fighters nesting on the buildings. While the movie wasn't the greatest, the visuals of an occupied Chicago were very compelling and well executed!

I hear that chicago is actually giving "Transformers" tours to the different filming locations!!

It is kinda surreal when you actually know a filming location really well and can visualise the film and actors etc.

Or like me oh crap I was there they day before the shoot, dang!! could been an extra :(

Just wondering, but was anyone as upset as I was that the movie didn't "flow" well? I don't mind the bad editing, and I did like DOTM better than ROTF, its just that I wish that they went with the battle flow of ROTF in DOTM.

Rather than have a bunch of set up scenario stuff with maybe a little skirmish or so in the middle leading up to an hour long feature of the battle in Chicago, I wish they went with ROTF's Battle, plot, battle, plot, big battle, end scheme.

Beyond that, the battle coreography was much better in ROTF imho. Besides a few moments in the Chicago battle, I couldn't really recall anything I would say was "Epic". On the other hand, in ROTF, I can recall each battle almost perfectly. They all had something "special". The starting battle sequence wasn't great, but the end bit with sideswipe was quite awesome.

I don't even think I need to explain myself on the forest battle scene, as that was fairly epic. And the final battle sequences with the Dynasty of Primes and Jetfire Power Up made that quite awesome as well.

Lastly, what was the point of having any transformers except for Optimus and Decepticons in the movie? They pretty much wasted money putting in CG models of all the other autobots, as they all did next to nothing in the movie :angry:

Why did Prime get all the kills? Are the other autobots not capable warriors? The only others that got any sort of real kills were Ironhide, Bee, and Dino (just barely at that)

I don't know, maybe the battles in DOTM were TOO epic for me to grasp :o

What do you think about this ^_^

Edited by Archer

I would tend to agree about the flow of things. I liked the movie, but there are some parts (like the very lengthy skydiving/wingsuit sequences) that could have been shortened to give us nicer transitions and a bit less abrupt ending.

I personally like that Prime is the main autobot (as it should be imo) but I also agree that most other characters seem unneeded as a result. I imagine it's some contractual....thing, that requires new characters be added, but really the 2 sequels would have greatly benefited from LESS new characters and MORE with the ones we know from movie 1. If you are adding 3-4 new characters per movie(and sometimes per side), and then only giving them minor roles....why bother (aside to move toys). So they add new robots, then because they spent all this money on the development of them, they need to give them screen time which takes away from everyone but Optimus.