My first post and introducing some ofmy ollections

CID

Boys and girls,

Here is my first post of this forum. I been around on the forum, as a "Lurker" as people term it, for over a year and half or so, but, for personal and professional reason I have not been able to post on the public forum until few months ago.

I met great people on this, by means of PM and transactions. On the other hand I had several that screw me on transactions, because, they knew that I do not post on the forum. Oh well, some are still around the forum, but, if someone is willing to go that low for few $$, take the money.... I will think of it as charity.

I been collecting Macross/Robotech and other related items for few years now and I finally had time to create a web site, which I posted few pics. I am not a web designer nor working in a related field. So, no laughing at the web site :lol::p:p . I am just having some fun creating my "Own" web site. My Macross collection

The site is not even close to being finished. It still needs a lot of work, but, due to my obligation to my work and other chores I do not have too much time to do anything with it for now (Although, tomorrow is Federal holiday, which means I am off from work) :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Anyways, enjoy and I will see you all on the forum and get into serious Macross discussions. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

yay!! CID!!! finally you decide to join! Gotta give this guy much props for trading with me. Awesome collection man!! Let me know when I can come over and see it in person! :p:D:lol:

Hey! Those are my favorite sites too... LOL!!!

Welcome...

I think we need a official noob thread, with all the incomings lately...

have great time!

Also, the days of letting people screw you is over. You gotta tell us who the losers are. And if you wanna give out charity money, just hit the PM button under this post! :lol:

Hi,

I am learning the ropes on how to reply and etc. So, if this reply gets messed-up, my apologies.

Monkey: The buttoms were template from the program I used. If you want to use that button on your web site I think I can get you the file (I am not sure if I can, I just think I can) :)

Sithlord: I actually live in CA, in San Fernando Valley. If I remeber correctly, you had extensive and very nice collections (Much more organize) compare to mine.

Drakov: I do own 1/48s, it is actually displayed in my another room. Soon as that room is done, I will post it on my web site. However, 1/48 is not my favorite, contrdicting majorities opinions, it just has too much plastic and not enogu weight. But, it is highly detailed and huge, I must admitte. The posting is approximately 35% of my collections, I am trying to finish displaying my collections by end of the year (Highly unlikely). I recently started collecting Gundam (Fix and MG) and that is taking some shelf spaces also, although I do not know too much about Gundam and never watch the show, I just love Zeku.

Bobe, Funk, Bub and Exo: Nice to hear from you and thank you for the posting. Now I can post here without PMing members :D:ph34r:

(I just love those little smiles, I am just clicking on them for no apprent reason) :):):p

My sentiments exactly!

Its nice to hear that someone agrees. I thought that I would get "Flamed" for saying such thing :lol::D:p

There it goes again, those little smiles are pretty funny. I need to find a way to incorporate this on my web page. :wub:

Drakov: I do own 1/48s, it is actually displayed in my another room. Soon as that room is done, I will post it on my web site. However, 1/48 is not my favorite, contrdicting majorities opinions, it just has too much plastic and not enogu weight. But, it is highly detailed and huge, I must admitte. The posting is approximately 35% of my collections, I am trying to finish displaying my collections by end of the year (Highly unlikely). I recently started collecting Gundam (Fix and MG) and that is taking some shelf spaces also, although I do not know too much about Gundam and never watch the show, I just love Zeku.

Well, I certainly wouldn't be the one to flame over statements like that, though I think the cash invested in a Yamato collection prompts some people to get a little dramatic when their faith is questioned. :rolleyes: While the 1/48 do lack the "heavy metal" quality of other Valks, and it's hard to pay over $100 for a plastic toy, they are the coolest thing I've seen come along in the form of a VF-1.

Personally, I haven't collected much that is Macross and not Yamato. My discovery of Macross World coincided with my rediscovery of Macross and my discovery of the Yamato Macross Plus toys and shortly thereafter the 1/60 VF-1. I missed out on the chunky monkey stuff in the 80s because I was unaware of how to attain it in the US or unable to do so (financial limits are strict when you're under 16). Pre-internet America and limited funds = no cool Japanese toys. It was also due in large part to the fact that I was unaware of just how different SDF Macross and Robotech were.

So, out of curiosity, what is your favorite?

Edited by Draykov

I actually been asked this question by several people and my position have to be: "ALL"

Bandai have their Pro's and Con's, same with Yamato and Toynami.

If I want the detail, I would have to say Yammi. If I want to transform and not have fear of breaking it and everything just fits perfectly : Bandai.

Toynami: Because they're reviving the Robotech (Macross) to US collectors (And they have made significant improvement on their Valks, since their flawed VF-1J).

I cannot choose one over the other. All are good for me :D:D:lol::lol:

:blink::blink:

Hello CID,

Very nice collection and website!

Welcome to MW.

When time and increased knowledge of web design permits, please include the ability to "click" on different shelves to increase the detail.

By the way, I'm a big Gundam fan too, and I look forward to seeing that portion of your collection.

Sincerely,

Christopher B))

I actually been asked this question by several people and my position have to be: "ALL"

Bandai have their Pro's and Con's, same with Yamato and Toynami.

If I want the detail, I would have to say Yammi. If I want to transform and not have fear of breaking it and everything just fits perfectly : Bandai.

Toynami: Because they're reviving the Robotech (Macross) to US collectors (And they have made significant improvement on their Valks, since their flawed VF-1J).

I cannot choose one over the other. All are good for me :D:D:lol::lol:

:blink::blink:

A fair and balanced assessment. I like your style. I'm sincerely glad you're here, CID.

Toynami:  Because they're reviving the Robotech (Macross) to US collectors (And they have made significant improvement on their Valks, since their flawed VF-1J).

Uh-oh, you will be flamed for sure now :p. Just joking. I am in the minority around here that actually likes the Toynami valks.

Heh funny. Bandais are way too chunky for me. I didn't think the MPC's looked "that bad" in person though I wasn't willing to pay what they're going for. If they were 40-50 bucks, they'd be making a killing IMO. I won't be able to a personal account of 'em until the Alpha ever comes out, though... Hopefully it will be cheaper if it's gonna be so small...

But anyways, welcome to MW!

Edited by Uxi

Welcome to Macrossworld CID. Impressive collection. ;) That must be the biggest destroid collection I have seen.

Uh-oh, you will be flamed for sure now :p. Just joking. I am in the minority around here that actually likes the Toynami valks.
Yep we are a small minority. :D Edited by Mechafan

Toynami:  Because they're reviving the Robotech (Macross) to US collectors (And they have made significant improvement on their Valks, since their flawed VF-1J).

Were not a minority, just some are in the "closet" still ;):p

I too like MPC's

Welcome to Macrossworld CID. Impressive collection. ;) That must be the biggest destroid collection I have seen.

I actually have huge box full of brand new destroids (Around 15 or so ), I just ran out of room to display them all. I especially love Monster. Yammi should released their huge ones soon so that my house can be filled with MOsnters... :lol::lol:

I believe destroids and Valks are like Money and Girls (I hope my G/F does not see this posting, I told her that started posting on the forum). You need both to survive in this harsh world.

Acutally those pics are clickable and you get bigger pics. I plan to take better shots later (Who knows when) and plan to separate the collection into different catagories.

As for the companies (Yammi, Bandai and Toynami) I think every company try to make their best decisions and try to sell much as possible. Although, the difficult business decisions that are made is not appreciated by most fans all the time.

I believe destroids and Valks are like Money and Girls (I hope my G/F does not see this posting, I told her that started posting on the forum). You need both to survive in this harsh world.

I feel the same way. My wife finally stopped asking me when will the boxes stop comming and gave in. I am sympathetic to her though I have Twinmoons deliver on the mornings I am home and she at work. It is hard to explain sometimes when they see a huge box but then it only a small item. Example the VE-1, VT-1 and 1/48 boxes. Just buy her flowers when you have a huge order comming and it normally goes well. ;):D

Hmmmm...I guess your just a Macross/Robotech collector. I don't see any other Robots in your collections.

Lucky bastard ;) that means you won't have hard time collecting from a completionist POV.

I collect Transformers, Macross, McFarlane Sports figures, and whatever looks cool. I'm so ashamed that I haven't pick up any Voltes V, Godzilla, or StarBlazer toys.

I'm a G.I. Joe fan too and I don't have a single reissue because of YAMATO and TAKARA.

End of whinning :p

welcome to the forums!!! your collection is absolutely awsome.i have to say,that bandai vf-1s reissue focker that you have with the panel lines on it is a striking piece.that panel-line job looks great ;)

:lol::p

welcome to the forums!!! your collection is absolutely awsome.i have to say,that bandai vf-1s reissue focker that you have with the panel lines on it is a striking piece.that panel-line job looks great ;)

:lol:  :p

Yes, the VF-1S with panel line is beautiful, it took me several days, HmmHmm, :D:D:lol::p Nice to see hear from you again.

I finally gave in and started posting yesterday.

Just a little question : according to your site @

http://www.valktronics.com/Macross.html

i "suspect" you to be the same valktronics than

http://stores.ebay.com/id=95934258

Am i wrong ?

Anyway, great collection !!

I do not know if this came out right, I am still learning all the functions that are avaliable on this messaging board.

Yes, that is my store. It did not take too long for someone to post it here :lol::lol: Several of the MW members were aware of this fact, but, I did not want to get attention.

I have full time job with XXX, and that ebay store is my side business I started in late July of this year (It was very difficult for me to get an approval from my work to have internet business) :(:( . The reason I do not post my business is that, I believe VE and others are doing great job on meeting the hunger for Macross collectors.

Truthfully, I believe that most of the sellers that post on this site have their business as a only source of income (This doe not mean they will be homeless if their business were to fail.) and I would like to keep the "Pros" do the selling on this forum and I do my own thing on Ebay :D:D

And when you need those rare, hard to find items I live it up to Money and Blackaces.

I do not want to be know as a "Toy seller" on this forum or in general :rolleyes::rolleyes: (Damn I love this little smiles) I rather have myself know as another collector that visits this forum.

I might be posting some of my collections for sale here, but, I rather visit this forum to discuss about Macross and related topics, rather than to sale Valks to make a few bucks.

Let me know if anyone has problem and/or opinion.

I do not want to be know as a "Toy seller" on this forum or in general :rolleyes::rolleyes: (Damn I love this little smiles) I rather have myself know as another collector that visits this forum.

I might be posting some of my collections for sale here, but, I rather visit this forum to discuss about Macross and related topics, rather than to sale Valks to make a few bucks.

Let me know if anyone has problem and/or opinion.

Noble behaviour !

Sorry if i make the mistake to put it in lights :(