V remake - new TV series coming to ABC

I wouldn't expect that in a Hollywood summer blockbuster let alone any other tv show. Unfair comparison. That was the greatest most exciting moment in TV action from one of the greatest shows. Ever. It still makes me warm inside and I've seen it dozens of times. ^_^

Ditto. Most. Epic-est. Moment. Ever.

The new V puts me to sleep, and if it maintains this pace, I doubt it will last a whole season, to say nothing of a second.

On that note, V has one more chance/episode to move me or I'm out...

I think that the fact that most of us have had to give this show multiple chances to draw us in and make us interested, rather than the show being unmissable right from the start, is a pretty good indicator that we should have nuked this show from orbit, just to be sure.

Taksraven

I think that the fact that most of us have had to give this show multiple chances to draw us in and make us interested, rather than the show being unmissable right from the start, is a pretty good indicator that we should have nuked this show from orbit, just to be sure.

Taksraven

Very well put Ripley! (Nice Aliens reference) So far I'm not sure what to make of this Show. But its so far not even in the same ballpark as BSG where I was dying to see the next episode.

Maybe the next few episodes will be better.....

So far apart from the pilot there had not been one item in the show that was interesting to capture me into waiting for next years episode. Was hoping for a big reveal in the last episode, but so far nothing worthwhile for 3 eps. No hooks= no watching.

• 3 months later...

Saw it last night on TV. Not bad for a first ep,i'll see how the 2nd ep goes. but so far i found it enjoyable. It actually glitched and cut off for a few seconds while he was doing his speech about how they have been here for years in the government and so on lol, they were trying to cut the broadcast :p

Saw it last night on TV. Not bad for a first ep,i'll see how the 2nd ep goes. but so far i found it enjoyable. It actually glitched and cut off for a few seconds while he was doing his speech about how they have been here for years in the government and so on lol, they were trying to cut the broadcast :p

What show were you watching??

Taksraven

What show were you watching??

Taksraven

lol i guess it was my placid mood at the time,but i just veiwed it for what it was,i didnt get disappointed by it nor excited. i did kind of get a sarahconner chronicles vibe tho at times,probably cuz of that kid.

• 5 weeks later...

I wonder what the secret is about Tyler's origins that spit his parents apart?

Why did they not use stock footage from the original V series for the empathy test?

I like Diana better than Anna as a evil beeach.

Their is no persecution no one being forced to hid in their neighbors pool house, or be smuggled across check points by a Mexican Gardner.

What the heck is it with all the virtual sets on this show? All the scenes aboard the mothership look really, really weird with the noticeable difference between the characters and mothership interiors.

Yeah, I was whinging about that the other night when it was on here. (as well as the fact that the show is badly paced, badly acted, with really poor SFX in general. It moves slower than most daytime soap opera's)

I thought that the virtual sets on the recent Red Dwarf comeback looked better.

Taksraven

After two seasons of Sanctuary (which I do like), I've gotten used to virtual sets. The Problem with V is that it's SO SLOW. We're 6 hours into the show and we still don't know what the hell the aliens are after. 6 hours into original V we had gunfights and chicks giving birth to lizard babies. <_<

I'm still pissed that in six episodes we STILL haven't seen a alien unhinge their jaw and eat a live guinea pig.

After two seasons of Sanctuary (which I do like), I've gotten used to virtual sets. The Problem with V is that it's SO SLOW. We're 6 hours into the show and we still don't know what the hell the aliens are after. 6 hours into original V we had gunfights and chicks giving birth to lizard babies. <_<

I'm still pissed that in six episodes we STILL haven't seen a alien unhinge their jaw and eat a live guinea pig.

I mean, one of my main bitching points about a lot of modern movies and TV shows these days are that they are often paced way too fast, not this bloody show though and its annoying.

And the comparison with the original series is a good and valid one too.

Taksraven

Don't forget about naked women in mind-torture chambers.

Well whats-her-face did unhinge her jaw in the last episode, but that was about the worst bit of CGI this side of Shadow Chronicles, so...

Well whats-her-face did unhinge her jaw in the last episode, but that was about the worst bit of CGI this side of Shadow Chronicles, so...

The effects for Doctor Who are better than the V remake, FFS!!

Taksraven

They have not shown a naked women in a Torture chamber on the new V series or are you talking about Anna and her Bliss Chamber beaming Good thoughts to her minions.

They have not shown a naked women in a Torture chamber on the new V series or are you talking about Anna and her Bliss Chamber beaming Good thoughts to her minions.

He may be referring to the original series where Diana has that chick in the mind control chamber. She wasn't naked though. She was wearing a skin tight, form fitting outfit that was almost nude in color.

He may be referring to the original series where Diana has that chick in the mind control chamber. She wasn't naked though. She was wearing a skin tight, form fitting outfit that was almost nude in color.

I think that in Crispins novelisation (which was quite good, BTW), Julie was naked in the "Conversion Chamber". But she wasn't in the TV show, no.

Taksraven

• 2 months later...

Any reason why discussion of this show just died out? I know I'm a bit late to the party, but I just finished watching the first season. At first I was wondering how long they'd be able to keep up the whole "resistance fighting evil aliens everyone believes are good", but they pulled it off very well. I was hooked well before the finale, but after watching it I can't wait for the next season to start.

Any reason why discussion of this show just died out? I know I'm a bit late to the party, but I just finished watching the first season. At first I was wondering how long they'd be able to keep up the whole "resistance fighting evil aliens everyone believes are good", but they pulled it off very well. I was hooked well before the finale, but after watching it I can't wait for the next season to start.

yeah i didnt mind it,i watched it becuase there was nothing else on lol, the CGI backgrounds/sets where bit lame but otherwise i liked it for some reason,I wish they would show bit more lizard face tho. and the baby,just saw a tail that was bit dumb i wanted some tongue action like in the original. Anna having that breakdown and letting loose the red clouds just left me confused,for a finale so i guess im interested in the 2nd season to find out what the red sky actually does if it does anything.

I don't know why discussion of this show died ou....ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Maybe because, in my humble opinion, that the show sucks.

Eh...it didn't have the amazing effect of a remake that BSG gave us. That being said it couldn't be any worse then a few other shows that have lasted longer on the air *cough* Heroes *cough*.

I am hoping that we get to see some Shock Trooper action next season, the single soldier angle would be lame to continue. The nods to the original have been pretty decent and perhaps now we have enough character introductions to move forward with story telling.

Love how we have had a few of the Final Five in the show, seems to me the BSG stars will continue to move forward and eventually make it to the big screen.

However, there is a very thin line between success and epic failure...and V is close to it.

Edited by Zor Primus

Maybe because, in my humble opinion, that the show sucks.

WANZERFAN!!! YOU REALLY DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU WERE TALKING ABOUT THIS TIME!!! THE "V" REMAKE IS THE GREATEST SHOW EVAR AND I DON'T THINK THAT YOU SHOULD SAY THAT IT ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Somehow, I must have watched a different show than you guys (or maybe I'm benefiting somehow from not having seen the original?). Not only did I find V entertaining, I'm pretty sure it's the best thing I've watched since the Sarah Connor Chronicles went off the air.

Somehow, I must have watched a different show than you guys (or maybe I'm benefiting somehow from not having seen the original?). Not only did I find V entertaining, I'm pretty sure it's the best thing I've watched since the Sarah Connor Chronicles went off the air.

I have to agree, the Sarah Connor Chronicles was a great cure for insomnia and it also ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I have to agree, the Sarah Connor Chronicles was a great cure for insomnia and it also ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

are you secretly a fainting goat? :huh: