1/48+fp's, 1/60, And 1/72 Picture Gallery Pt 4

Gotten five more stands and made use of them by placing the VT-1, VF-1S Max, VF-1J CF, VF-1S Strike Hikaru, and VF-1J Max. Man I am running out of room, and I got both the TV VF-1S Roy and Hikaru on pre-order yeesh.

100_2715.jpg

100_2717.jpg

100_2718.jpg

100_2721.jpg

100_2719.jpg

100_2728.jpg

100_2722.jpg

Edited by VF-18S Hornet

And I will keep adjusting them but its a good thing the 1/60 Valks don't weigh as mus as the 1/48 with all it's armor on, but thanks for the comment. I might rotate a few around once I get the TV VF-1S's

Are the stands prone too looseness under the 1/60's?

Only the part that rotates if put it at angle that it shouldn't be in, it will fall under it's weight with the super pack on.

old new guy here & im trying to rekindle my passion for Macross once again :)

so i have a little request.

do you guys have a comparison pictures side by side of any Yamato 1/48 or 1/60v2 with MPC Starscream?

Will a 1/60 V2 with MPC Skywarp do?

VF-1AvsMPScream.jpg

Will a 1/60 V2 with MPC Skywarp do?

VF-1AvsMPScream.jpg

thanks, any of the seekers will do :thumbs up: do you have jet modes?

so these seekers (what scale are they anyway?) are a little smaller compared to 1/60s.

Edited by Faisaijin

Well, actually that pic is a little deceiving. The MP Seekers are a good bit larger in fighter mode than a 1/60 VF-1. They're only so close in height here because the MP Seekers have that big sliding joint that shortens the body. Plus, the booster packs make the VF-1 look even bigger.

As far as scale goes though, the MP Seekers are also supposed to be 1/60 scale, based on the size of the aircraft mode. A real F-15 is about 63 feet long, and the Seekers are about a foot long, so there you go. :) In contrast, a 1/60 VF-1 is a little over 9 inches long, so they'd only be about 50 feet long in real life, putting them on the smaller end of military fighters.

thanks, any of the seekers will do :thumbs up: do you have jet modes?

so these seekers (what scale are they anyway?) are a little smaller compared to 1/60s.

How about this? I put in a VF-0 as well which is closer in size to an F-15. All are 1/60 scale of course.

post-10222-127813636818_thumb.jpg

So, would the VF-1 be closer to the size of an F-16 Fighting Falcon in real life?

Yes. The F-16 is 14.8m long. The VF-1 is 14m. So it's still a tad longer, but much closer.

The F-15 is actually in the VF-22 size range. The VF-0 is 18.69m (not counting pitot tube?), the F-15 is 19.45m, while the VF-22 is 19.62m.

What did you use to panel line the VF-0S?

Just a mixture of flat black enamel paint mixed with paint thinner.

kinda unbelievable that the MPC Seekers are much bigger & complex but quite cheap compared to yamatos.

thanks for the pics.

I wouldn't say it's bigger, just longer in alt/fighter mode while being much shorter in robot mode than a VF-1 battroid. It's also necessarily more complex in transformation because they had to take something that wasn't designed to transform and make it able to become a robot that resembles the G1 version of Starscream, et al.

As for price, I'm sure the MP seekers benefit from several factors like economy of scale (arguably) and more so that it's being produced by a much larger company with all the benefits that entails. Also, doesn't Takara-Tomy own the Transformers franchise? If so, they wouldn't have to pay licensing fees as Yamato has to do for Macross items.

Edited by MacrossJunkie

Yes. The F-16 is 14.8m long. The VF-1 is 14m. So it's still a tad longer, but much closer.

The F-15 is actually in the VF-22 size range. The VF-0 is 18.69m (not counting pitot tube?), the F-15 is 19.45m, while the VF-22 is 19.62m.

Just a mixture of flat black enamel paint mixed with paint thinner.

I wouldn't say it's bigger, just longer in alt/fighter mode while being much shorter in robot mode than a VF-1 battroid. It's also necessarily more complex in transformation because they had to take something that wasn't designed to transform and make it able to become a robot that resembles the G1 version of Starscream, et al.

As for price, I'm sure the MP seekers benefit from several factors like economy of scale (arguably) and more so that it's being produced by a much larger company with all the benefits that entails. Also, doesn't Takara-Tomy own the Transformers franchise? If so, they wouldn't have to pay licensing fees as Yamato has to do for Macross items.

TakaraTomy is co-owner with Hasbro, so yes, no licensing fee, though I wonder if Boeing had to be paid for the use of the F-15 design.

Got to add, damn the VF-1J MP looks great in those above photos.

Saw these in Collection DX's review of the Project BM! Kaneda's Bike and I just thought that they had to be shared. Now if only it wasn't so expensive!

That, sir, is made out of pure distilled awesome with a side of awesome under awesome gravy.

finally!... after waiting for soooooo long! (coz Yamato f'd up the first release, hehe) :)

4763532150_b8fcb54aa9.jpg

EDIT - just transformed the 1J to battroid. man, i missed the 1/60 1J Hikaru after selling mine last Dec. so i could get this set. My other VF-1S w/ the 1J's TV Super Parts also missed having TV Hikaru as its pilot.

absolutely perfect! only thing i had to do was loosen the shoulder screws... and i have to say that this new crotch thing really seems to show less of the priest collar, same as on my M&M 1Js (at least for me).

post-8437-127832996862_thumb.jpg

(forgive the crappy stock flash photog.)

Edited by m0n5t3r

holy cow mont5t3r I did'nt know you could use those extra pieces to do that to your VF-1S on the Mighty block stands might try that once I get my two VF-1S's. That means I have to more.

what are you doing to get those mighty blocks to hold up so well. if i tilt mine at that angle its gonna rotate and make everything crash down. nail polish i'd assume? FWIW I have 2 super valks (max and mirria) in figher mode on those stands but they are LEVEL, not banked liked your pictures. i just like em cuz they are clear.

VF-18S What do you think of the Double Nuts?

I like it. At first I wasn't going to get after my experience with the first issue YF-19 (loose joints, leg falling off and now a cracked hip that wasn't noticed until after I put tape onto the peg to keep it in)but afer it was showcased and reviewedby another Macrossworld member it won me over and I got it, it is pretty solid and stable and the leg landing gears are able to spread outward instead of being inward. and the gunpod sits straight. It's a definate improvement though they have yet to solve the peg locking into the nose section in battroid mode, still comes loose when you pick it up.

Fixed that issue with the nubs from the missiles that broke off in the wing hardpoints of my VF-1J Hikaru I just simply used an picture hanger screw and my x-acto knife to drill and scrape it out, though I accidently broke off one of the hardpoints drilling it too deep. But superglued it back on could have figured that out sooner with the other wing instead of waiting for a new wing. But after all that drilling and scraping I think I might have widened it to place it's own missiles on.

100_2791.jpg100_2792.jpg

But on the plus side I was finally able to put on my nukes on my Max 1J took awhile but I got them on and this pose rocks. Can't wait till Millia gets in.

100_2777.jpg100_2779.jpg

Edited by VF-18S Hornet