Jump to content

Gundam Figure Thread - Newtype GN-002


Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, ritt0r said:

The hand cover for the not in use shield generators. 

Image result for metal build destiny hands

you can try contacting stores that sell the KO ver.  to see if they can get you a set from their KO source.

you probably have to offer a good amount first so they will look at what you are willing to pay, then they will think if they really can.

Maybe offer $30 or something.  

Also not sure if the KO ver will fit on the Bandai ver either.

 

If the seller can't find the pieces then maybe just do a return to save the whole hassle.

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, F360 said:

you can try contacting stores that sell the KO ver.  to see if they can get you a set from their KO source.

you probably have to offer a good amount first so they will look at what you are willing to pay, then they will think if they really can.

Maybe offer $30 or something.  

Also not sure if the KO ver will fit on the Bandai ver either.

 

If the seller can't find the pieces then maybe just do a return to save the whole hassle.

 

 

 

That's worth a shot. Thanks!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

received a little surprise today. :wub:

IMG_2108a.jpg.68a7ef0c71f95f2b21fb002c964d197c.jpg

IMG_2109a.jpg.a2c6f45ff222c05308b72757481728df.jpg

I though it was my VF-31 Super parts, but apparently they are still in customs. 

It was shipped out around the same time so I didn't even notice.

I thought I didn't make it for the 1st batch, but looks like the Store gave me a bump:lol:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, HG Blows said:

Finally got my gff wing zero from ebay.  The dumb ass seller mailed it in the shipper box.  The box is all beat up. $300 dollar figure.  

Dont buy from this guy: arcadia*japon

 

wow, that sucks.  were you able to use the ebay discount at least?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Eslim109 said:

I bought mine from FromJapan and they shipped it in the Bandai shipper box too so my box was beat up too

was it direct from bandai?  if so did you pay the 700 yen plan  or the 300 yen plan?

If it's only the basic forward 300 yen plan, and is only 1 item, they will 

Basic Forwarding

Plan fee: 300 yen/order
(0 yen for items from Amazon, Rakuten Ichiba, and ZOZOTOWN)

Items purchased using this plan will generally be forwarded as is, in the condition that they arrive at our distribution center.
If an order is damaged, doesn't arrive, or arrives with missing parts, we are not liable for any compensation.

 

I have been using the 700 buyer protection and they have packaged the items pretty well, shrink wrap and everything. 

mainly because of this:

International Shipping Insurance

Your package will be fully insured for damage or non delivery. Additionally, we will take extra care in packing items that require special handling.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, F360 said:

was it direct from bandai?  if so did you pay the 700 yen plan  or the 300 yen plan?

If it's only the basic forward 300 yen plan, and is only 1 item, they will 

Basic Forwarding

Plan fee: 300 yen/order
(0 yen for items from Amazon, Rakuten Ichiba, and ZOZOTOWN)

Items purchased using this plan will generally be forwarded as is, in the condition that they arrive at our distribution center.
If an order is damaged, doesn't arrive, or arrives with missing parts, we are not liable for any compensation.

 

I have been using the 700 buyer protection and they have packaged the items pretty well, shrink wrap and everything. 

mainly because of this:

International Shipping Insurance

Your package will be fully insured for damage or non delivery. Additionally, we will take extra care in packing items that require special handling.

 

 

Oh ok good to know for future purchases. I thought I had paid the 700 buyer protection but maybe it wasn’t offered with the item I purchased 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, HG Blows said:

Finally got my gff wing zero from ebay.  The dumb ass seller mailed it in the shipper box.  The box is all beat up. $300 dollar figure.  

Dont buy from this guy: arcadia*japon

 

That sucks dude. I hope the Wing Zero was ok and only the box was damaged. I recently bought mine too from ebay with the 20% coupon and didn't even think a seller would mailed it that way. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just got my GFFMC Wing Zero! Weirdest shipping "box" I have ever gotten from an ebay seller. 20180618_141023.thumb.jpg.45fd898ee391a172e7d525e1259204f8.jpgThe actual Bandai shipping box was bubble wrapped and in perfect condition. No big dents or crushed corners. Can't wait to get home and open Wing Zero up!20180618_141141.thumb.jpg.93435299ca5de7bff84b210a4b969125.jpg

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, General Rasp said:

Just got my GFFMC Wing Zero! Weirdest shipping "box" I have ever gotten from an ebay seller. 20180618_141023.thumb.jpg.45fd898ee391a172e7d525e1259204f8.jpgThe actual Bandai shipping box was bubble wrapped and in perfect condition. No big dents or crushed corners. Can't wait to get home and open Wing Zero up!20180618_141141.thumb.jpg.93435299ca5de7bff84b210a4b969125.jpg

 

Nice fancy box . :p

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

It wasn't too bad, I think just under $280 with shipping for me.

Way better than the $400 aftermarket.

Yeah , it was pretty much the best price .  

Especially if you get more than 1.

 

but they had a nice $20 off shipping when they first launched so since its a relaunch maybe itll be similar or better .

if only they have macross for sale too .

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So could someone give me the scoop on these metal build figures? They look cool and I've watched some reviews for various ones and while they seem nice, I have some concerns about jumping into the deep end. The biggest is that they have a decent amount of metal but no ratcheting joints. So I'm looking at all these crazy poses on Destiny Gundam for example, wondering what will happen over time. So do they turn into floppy messes at some point? How do they hold up over time?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, kaiotheforsaken said:

So could someone give me the scoop on these metal build figures? They look cool and I've watched some reviews for various ones and while they seem nice, I have some concerns about jumping into the deep end. The biggest is that they have a decent amount of metal but no ratcheting joints. So I'm looking at all these crazy poses on Destiny Gundam for example, wondering what will happen over time. So do they turn into floppy messes at some point? How do they hold up over time?

Some of the older releases turned floppy, but could be tightened back up with some floor polish. Starting around strike freedom, Bandai started reinforcing the joints to stay tight longer at least IMO. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, SuperHobo said:

Some of the older releases turned floppy, but could be tightened back up with some floor polish. Starting around strike freedom, Bandai started reinforcing the joints to stay tight longer at least IMO. 

Well that's some consolation. I really like some of their Astray Red Frame releases and the Destiny, but they're expensive to begin with and aftermarket is no joke. So if I were to take the plunge, I'd want to be something that holds up reasonably well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, kaiotheforsaken said:

Well that's some consolation. I really like some of their Astray Red Frame releases and the Destiny, but they're expensive to begin with and aftermarket is no joke. So if I were to take the plunge, I'd want to be something that holds up reasonably well.

None of the Metal Builds in my collection have gone floppy. The only suit I heard going floppy is the Freedom gundam, but I am not speaking from firsthand experience. I think the recent releases like the F91 and Astrea have almost been too tight, specifically for the hip joints. You are correct that the Metal Builds are heavy toys and do not have ratchets, but Bandai has done a really good job with the tolerances. I have my first release Destiny in an extreme two hand pose with the sword and it hasn't drooped (knock on wood). My Gold Astray has had her wing displayed out with no issues either. 

If you do get an Exia Metal Build be careful around the yellow fins on the collar. They could break easily. And I some of the weapons holding hands are too tight use low heat to loosen them. I had that problem with my Destiny Gundam and it avoided stress marks. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, kaiotheforsaken said:

Well that's some consolation. I really like some of their Astray Red Frame releases and the Destiny, but they're expensive to begin with and aftermarket is no joke. So if I were to take the plunge, I'd want to be something that holds up reasonably well.

That is so true. Aftermarket prices of Metal Builds are expensive so it’s better to get it during release assuming you’re not getting some old ones. Before you take the plunge on Metal Builds that’s going to get released, understand that not everything is going to hold up forever. If it’s going to stay in the box for awhile, then yes, it will hold up very well. If you’re going to pose it just standing along with other figures, yeah it will hold. If you’re going to leave it in certain pose for a few days, months even, there might be a possibility that when you put it back in normal pose and start to pose it differently, you will notice a little bit of looseness in the joints. If you’re going to keep posing it from time to time, then yeah, certain joints will become loose. And from what I’ve read online, some diecast toys tends to become loose even if it kept new in the box.

Anyways, all I can say is enjoy what you buy. ;)

Edit: Forgot to mention that I have mostly all of Exia and 00 and all of the joints are still great. The second hand Freedom that I got has loose hip joints and according to the seller it was just displayed and not played. The Red Astraea that I got is so super tight and it’s still in the box since I don’t have extra space for it for now. But I can say that all the KO Metal Builds that I have, those are super tight. ^_^

Edited by no3Ljm
Link to comment
Share on other sites

00 7 swords, first release Exia, battle damaged Exia, and Laevatein have all gotten loose in some of their joints for me. Everything strike freedom onwards has been quite good except my Arbalest which had a loose ankle joint out of the box. 

Edited by SuperHobo
Grammar
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Appreciate the replies all, gives me a bit more insight into the line. I don't expect them to last forever, heck I have SOCs with ratchets that have gone pretty floppy. I just have no experience with Gundam outside Gunpla and the occasional Robot Spirits or Fix.

 

I've just had an itch to get a new robot lately and for as much as I like Gundam, I haven't gotten anything related to it in some time. These look really premium though so they definitely caught my eye.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...