Jump to content

Gundam Figure Thread - Newtype GN-002


Recommended Posts

13 minutes ago, Sandman said:

Got excited and saw this Gundam Mk 2

http://www.taghobby.com/archives/247880

Until i realized it was robot soul. Why is it so expensive? You can get the metal composite for that price.

Good thing you haven't checked the other one that comes in pair (Units 01 & 02).

Units 01 & 02 - http://p-bandai.jp/item/item-1000121199/

Units 03 - http://p-bandai.jp/item/item-1000120423/

I think any releases that has this initial "Ka" always ends up expensive. :rolleyes:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, no3Ljm said:

Good thing you haven't checked the other one that comes in pair (Units 01 & 02).

Units 01 & 02 - http://p-bandai.jp/item/item-1000121199/

Units 03 - http://p-bandai.jp/item/item-1000120423/

I think any releases that has this initial "Ka" always ends up expensive. :rolleyes:

Yeah I actually did see that. Interesting strategy: rather than include the parts with different numbers as extras, they are releasing them all separate (or two pack) in the SAME month. That's pretty crazy IMO.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Sandman said:

Yeah I actually did see that. Interesting strategy: rather than include the parts with different numbers as extras, they are releasing them all separate (or two pack) in the SAME month. That's pretty crazy IMO.

That's Bandai for us, sir. Imagine almost $300 for 3 Robot Damashii figures. ^_^

Ofcourse, they need to pay that "Ka" guy too. :rolleyes:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Good thing you haven't checked the other one that comes in pair (Units 01 & 02).

Units 01 & 02 - http://p-bandai.jp/item/item-1000121199/

Units 03 - http://p-bandai.jp/item/item-1000120423/

I think any releases that has this initial "Ka" always ends up expensive. :rolleyes:

I call shenanigans on Bandai. Any "Ka" robot spirit gundam is overpriced. I don't understand why they charge so much. At least Metal Robot Spirits are small MBs so the price is justified.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, General Rasp said:

I call shenanigans on Bandai. Any "Ka" robot spirit gundam is overpriced. I don't understand why they charge so much. At least Metal Robot Spirits are small MBs so the price is justified.  

Well, to be fair, atleast with Robot/Metal Damashii ver.Ka they're pretty much articulated than the MG ver.Ka. :rolleyes:

I know they're different line and shouldn't be compared but just saying. ;) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, davidwhangchoi said:

you staying up till the rounds are all done? i think i'm going to call it a night.

 

good luck to all who need one. he's a great figure!

na, I'll be going to bed soon too,  early start tomorrow .  just catching up on some anime.......

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, davidwhangchoi said:

so gundam guys, did anyone here nab a strike freedom last night?

i have too many but damn, that was a good opportunity to grab one of the nice suits. 

I have to admit it was a great price. Would like to get it with that price but I didn’t. Up to now, I’m still having a hard time processing the MB ‘redesigned’ look. :unsure:

Edited by no3Ljm
Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, davidwhangchoi said:

so gundam guys, did anyone here nab a strike freedom last night?

i have too many but damn, that was a good opportunity to grab one of the nice suits. 

I was hoping someone would nab it but between 2 boards i dont think anyone made it pass payment at checkout.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

I have to admit it was a great price. Would like to get it with that price but I didn’t. Up to now, I’m still having a hard time processing the MB ‘redesigned’ look. :unsure:

i like the MB's, anubis20 mentioned to me that every MB is stylized. i guess PG go for more anime accurate.  

i'm definitely hyped for X105.  

9 hours ago, F360 said:

I was hoping someone would nab it but between 2 boards i dont think anyone made it pass payment at checkout.

 

ah so it was instant and then gone...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, dero said:

What's the difference between the two Strike Freedoms which has been out and to be coming out?  The Metal Build vs the Robot Spirits version upcoming in a few months' time?

Scale?  Detail?  Style? Proportion?

To make it short, Metal Build Strike Freedom is 1/100 scaled and has a stylized redesigned look. While the Metal Damashii Strike Freedom is officially non-scaled but it’s close to 1/144 scale and more in-line with how it was shown in anime. Think of it like an upgrade version of the first release Strike Freedom figure under the Robot Damashii line. 

Here’s some links for photos via Tamashii site:

Metal Build SF - http://sp.tamashii.jp/item/11062/

Metal Danashii SF - http://sp.tamashii.jp/item/12325/

Robot Damashii SF - http://sp.tamashii.jp/item/1313/

Anyways, hope this helps.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...