DX EX-Gear Toy Thread

edwin3060

Officially the first Macross toy I've played with. I love it to bits. I think the colours, the design and the stands all sync together so well to create a very wholesome figure. The attention to detail is great as well and I love all the little pegs. They are a bit frustrating yes but when you get it all together its very satisfying. The weight distribution could be improved but given that it has a stand (a beauty at that) I have no qualms. Its not like Transformers where there is no stand. I love the wings too. They're very dynamic and give lots of options as to how you want them to look.

Also, it's my first real experience of a toy having so many interchangeable parts. It really makes it a pain to go from pose to pose or to try different things but I do appreciate he added flexibility though storage will become an issue as I'll probably have to keep it close by as opposed to in storage.

Some queries/quibbles (me being unsure which is which since I'm a newb)

- The helmet in armoured mode does not move with the head. It pretty much can only look directly in front. I have to cheat and remove it from the ball point.

- The "crotch" plate. It falls off way too easy if I start to pose. Am I missing something? Or is there an easy fix?

- Articulation in armoured mode: Very limited leg articulation in armoured mode. Only maybe 20-30 degrees of articulation. Makes it hard to do flight poses. The shoulders don't move, only from the elbow down.

- The shoulder pads slip off a bit too easy.

Great addition to my collection and hopefully there will be many more!

Officially the first Macross toy I've played with. I love it to bits. I think the colours, the design and the stands all sync together so well to create a very wholesome figure. The attention to detail is great as well and I love all the little pegs. They are a bit frustrating yes but when you get it all together its very satisfying. The weight distribution could be improved but given that it has a stand (a beauty at that) I have no qualms. Its not like Transformers where there is no stand. I love the wings too. They're very dynamic and give lots of options as to how you want them to look.

Also, it's my first real experience of a toy having so many interchangeable parts. It really makes it a pain to go from pose to pose or to try different things but I do appreciate he added flexibility though storage will become an issue as I'll probably have to keep it close by as opposed to in storage.

Some queries/quibbles (me being unsure which is which since I'm a newb)

- The helmet in armoured mode does not move with the head. It pretty much can only look directly in front. I have to cheat and remove it from the ball point.

- The "crotch" plate. It falls off way too easy if I start to pose. Am I missing something? Or is there an easy fix?

- Articulation in armoured mode: Very limited leg articulation in armoured mode. Only maybe 20-30 degrees of articulation. Makes it hard to do flight poses. The shoulders don't move, only from the elbow down.

- The shoulder pads slip off a bit too easy.

Great addition to my collection and hopefully there will be many more!

Yeah the crotch plate falls easily on mine too

• 2 months later...

thanks for posting the link!

I want one of these SO bad.

Stomach...churning! *clicks link* Bowels...clenching! Not much time...must...purchase...

*runs screaming from computer*

Edited by spacemanoeuvres

Oh yeah...another thing I must buy!! AAAHHH!!! Ideon..Ideon...Ideon...focus...focus...Ideon...

anyways...

IF Alto turns out to be a one off - then I won't miss him. But damn me if it turns out that Bandai will give us Sheryl, Ranka, Luca, Ozma etc etc etc...

Although... I would settle for some nice Figmas. I don't really need the elaborate EX gear and Armor Plus I think does multiple series; not just MF...

we'll see...

Pete

So who has ordered the EX-Gear Armor Plus Alto Saotome from amiami.com; how much was the shipping charge and were in the world are you having it sent to?

it's around 1.5k SAL and 2.3k EMS for Asia (JPY)... proly a bit more if shipped to the US... you can email them for shipping quote...

Edited by m0n5t3r

I liked the figure in itself, it has some very nice design details. But i always feel that i'm gonna break it if i touch it. :D

And has anyone been able to correctly attach the shoulder armor? Mine keeps popping out everytime i move the arms, even slightly. All in alll, not a bad figure but not up to expectations though. Hope the Macross Quarter lives up to the hype.

Ordered (couldn't resist). I now have orders with amiami, angolz, locus and a mw member.

My wife is going to freak when all of this stuff starts arriving at the house.

Received/paid the invoice from amiami this AM.

3,921 + 1,680 shipping (registered SAL) to Northeast U.S. = a little less than $62 via paypal

Not bad, I hope it gets here okay.

Just got mine form amiami today. Impressive looking little figure and power suit. The engineering Bandai did on this is just short of amazing. And I don't know if this has been mentioned before (too lazy to go through all the pages), but Alto is just about in perfect scale with Figma figures... cool.

Just got mine form amiami today. Impressive looking little figure and power suit. The engineering Bandai did on this is just short of amazing. And I don't know if this has been mentioned before (too lazy to go through all the pages), but Alto is just about in perfect scale with Figma figures... cool.

That was fast, mine "Dispatch[ed] from outward office of exchange" yesterday. It looks like it shipped EMS not Register SAL so hopefully I'll have it soon.

Glad to hear you're pleased with Alto.

EX-Gear Alto is only the second Macross F (non-vf) figure I've purchased so I'm psyched.

I got mine from AMIAMI on Monday and I would have to say that I am quite impressed. It came fairly quickly and the shipping box was twice the size of the toy box. My only problem is even though it was on for basically half price afer you add the shipping it came out t o almost the same. Still glad I got it though.

My only problem is even though it was on for basically half price afer you add the shipping it came out t o almost the same. Still glad I got it though.

How so? This figure is between $90-$100 shipped anywhere else.

I'm thrilled to have found it for a little over $60 shipped.

• 1 month later...

btw i received my half price 2nd ex-gear, and thus customized my Max head from the CM series to fit! :)

looks pretty good, i might cut into the head more so the neck is shorter, but i'm happy with the result so far.

Once i get decals done i'll post pics.

I must say having 2 x ex-gear posed together looks really badass. Hick still looks the best, too bad Max's eyes are fixed/looking to his right.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Mine got no problems with the wings at all. As for crotch piece that keep falling off, I guess it's common thing.

I got problem with the neck, it seems that having too many joints on them making it difficult to attach the helmeted-head. It stayed, but I didn't feel satisfying 'click' when I plug the head. Other than that, I'm very impressed with this figure. If SHFiguarts have similar sculpt and articulation as this guy, I might collect them. I'm a Kamen Rider fan afterall ^_^