DX EX-Gear Toy Thread

edwin3060

Nipped out this morning and grabbed one of these.

I was trying so hard to to buy this transvestite of a doll but failed completely.

This totally trumps the 1/60 25. This toy succeeds far better than the deplorable effort that was the 1/60. Pity that they didn't pull a CMs with the helmet. Always creepy seeing Alto hold someone's decapitated head.

Who else got their payment confirmation from HLJ.com?

Me, last week. It arrived yesterday with their free EMS PayPal shipping deal. :)

Nice toy, but I'm not totally impressed with the head sculpt - helmet will be staying on. ;)

------------

So as this is part of BANDAI's Armor Plus line does anyone know if the upcoming Tekkaman Blade blade figure be of the same scale?

How much die-cast is in this guy?

So far, i've noticed that the shins are die-cast (yeah, once again weighing down those legs Bandai. Why?). The over shoulder/under arm straps are also die-cast.

Someone mentioned that the joints on the fig are also die-cast internally.

Going to be fun pairing this up with Ride Armour figures. :) Anyone want to throw us up some pics of the Megahouse with the Ex-Gear?

The EX-GEAR seems to be about 1:12. Sits between the MegaHouse and Beagle scales.

th_MegaHouseImage.jpg th_BeagleImage.jpg

I only have a webcam available.

Got my Alto today and I'll echo the praise on this figure. Excellent sculpt and paint, excellent articulation, and the perfect array of extras. I love the 'valk' hand, and I've wanted a Macross pilot figure with an extra hand like that since the first time I watched M+.

Ragarding the fragile ankles, they don't seem particularly fragile to me. Maybe if you grab them and twist them the wrong way or something, but they certainly seem adequate for normal posing and for holding up the figure. I also can't see the metal leg armor wearing out the hip joints. It's just not that heavy. It's heavy enough to add a little weight for more stability, which is most likely what the intention was.

Overall, kudos to Bandai for doing an excellent job on this toy. I probably wouldn't buy the other characters in this format (for $$ and shelf space reasons), but I'd definitely like a Sheryl and Ranka in this scale.

Does the Alto's "Battle Rifle" fit in the hand of the VF-25? Pic anyone? Just wondering as anything has to look better than that crapy one that comes with the Bandai DX....... I think I am going to have to break down and pick up an EX gear.......now where to find the money?????...............:(

Edited by logos

I think Ruski meant the Beagle vs. the Alto... but it's clearly not the same scale. That Beagle is monstrous compared to Alto.

Nah... i meant the MegaH, i honestly had no idea of the specs lol, so a very nice surprise none the less! Good size.

Yes my mod... i'll show yas in a week or so.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Ohh MAN, EX-Gear f'n ROCKS HARD! Bandai kicked my arse big time, thankyou Bandai!!! This is just as cool as a valk, just WOW.

Pics coming, plus of the custom.

I seriously recommend people sitting on the fence to grab it, i'll be grabbing all the other variants if that is possible (Sheryl hopefully, Mikhail and Ozma etc).

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Ohh MAN, EX-Gear f'n ROCKS HARD! Bandai kicked my arse big time, thankyou Bandai!!! This is just as cool as a valk, just WOW.

Pics coming, plus of the custom.

I seriously recommend people sitting on the fence to grab it, i'll be grabbing all the other variants if that is possible (Sheryl hopefully, Mikhail and Ozma etc).

Agree 100% ^_^ , Bandai done a great job in the EX-Gear ^_^ , I just need the Perfect Grade VF-25 and I´ll be in the Frontier heaven :lol:

Pic B)) :

p1000886h.th.jpg

Have fragile parts so be carefull guys.

Edited by SVF-Gerwalk

Not sure why people are saying the ankles are fragile. Doesn't look to me like they would break easily, unless you deliberately tried to break them.

Mind you, with the amount of toy breakages reported by our members, I tend to imagine you all as ham-fisted 300lb ogres anyway........LOL :p

Anyway, back to the EX-Gear. It's a nice toy, but I won't buy anymore as I'm really only into VFs, not character figures.

Graham

Not sure why people are saying the ankles are fragile. Doesn't look to me like they would break easily, unless you deliberately tried to break them.

Mind you, with the amount of toy breakages reported by our members, I tend to imagine you all as ham-fisted 300lb ogres anyway........LOL :p

Anyway, back to the EX-Gear. It's a nice toy, but I won't buy anymore as I'm really only into VFs, not character figures.

Graham

I didnt find any problem in ankles, but the chest armour have a close mechanism that is very tense, remind me the crotch problems of VF-1, easy of close but dificult of open, trying open it you can break easily the mechanism.

Everything else have the usual strongly, not for ogres ofcourse ;)

Graham

thats a good one