DX EX-Gear Toy Thread

edwin3060

Picked up the last one in the Sugar Street Animate branch yesterday lunch time. Paid an exhorbitant price, but no time to trek over to Ins Point to get it cheaper.

Surprisingly small box. Haven't opened it yet. Gotta wait til' the wife goes on night shift in a couple of days.

Graham

Picked up the last one in the Sugar Street Animate branch yesterday lunch time. Paid an exhorbitant price, but no time to trek over to Ins Point to get it cheaper.

Surprisingly small box. Haven't opened it yet. Gotta wait til' the wife goes on night shift in a couple of days.

Graham

Didn't think you need to smuggle in M goods too!

Didn't think you need to smuggle in M goods too!

Between my son and I, our house is overflowing with toys. Nothing wrong with that in my opinion, but the wife seems to not be too happy about it.

So yes, any new toy now has to be smuggled in when she's on night shift....LOL!

Once the toy is in and on the shelf, it's no problem, as we all know that women are incapable of telling the difference between mecha toys. :p

Graham

Between my son and I, our house is overflowing with toys. Nothing wrong with that in my opinion, but the wife seems to not be too happy about it.

Once the toy is in and on the shelf, it's no problem, as we all know that women are incapable of telling the difference between mecha toys. :p

Graham

haha just like mine she comes down stairs looks around and stares intensely I can see her brain trying to work out which ones new

but i switch around my displays so she can never tell but dam the other day all three shipments came at once and I was busted i got the usual bitch session that told her to shut hit since i gave her my bank cards and credit cards

I told she can keep all the money all i want is my toys that it

I usually wait outside but the bastard came 4 hours way to early

Are they around the same scale or is the megahouse bigger?

Outside of the EX-Gear Alto seems 1/9 scale (closer to CMS Minmay).

disappointingly, alto does not even come up to MH sheryl's shoulders.

without ex-gear alto is a little over 14cm, so at 1/9 that's barely over 4 feet. more likely, scale is 1/12 which would put alto at about 5'8".

now i'm wondering, how big are the MF gashapons?

btw, my alto came with a defect: the lower right leg was inverted, ie. the calf was in front, shin behind. in hindsight, i thought it looked a bit off through the box window, but i dismissed it as visual distortion of the plastic coverings. confirmed the defect when i took it out of the box, and it's not something you can fix, the kee joint is riveted rather than screwed. fortunately, i was able to return it for a replacement.

Graham

No wonder I didn't find any left when I stopped by Animate Causeway Bay today. I doubt you will get it cheaper from In's Point. Immediately after I had paid for mine, the seller jacked up the price. It's so wrong.

Edited by Ivan

3945812127_13d3583d13.jpg

You cannot put the big gun on the left because there is no left gun hand.

3946594900_cffbd1e318.jpg

Epic!

3946595020_20ba625310.jpg

3946595286_8866504357.jpg

3945812973_9e603566ab.jpg

Forgot to upload the pics of the cockpit mode of the powered suit. Will upload some later!

My only problem is the shoulder armors, it really limits the articulation of the arms but when posed correctly, you can still move the shoulders w/ the armor on it.

The ankle joint of the base figure is double ball-jointed, but it is thin, prone to breakage but can handle the whole figure.

Also, the forearm armors will leave some marks on Alto's forearms. Extremities are made of like soft plastic (not ABS) maybe vinyl but strong. Try to slide the forearm armors while putting it onto Alto's forearm.

The only armor piece that tends to fall off is the groin armor, it is not loose but that is the only part that will come off by touching it. It is not really a problem though it could be made better.

Diecast parts are so minimal, the shin guard of the leg armor is made of diecast, and the 4 clip-like around the shoulder armors and below the armpit.

This is my first Figuarts-like figure, but i do see it came from that line. So if you have the SHF Kamen Riders, they are basically the same articulation.

Alto stands 6" and w/ the Ex-Gear, it is 7". Wing span is 12".

Hope you guys enjoy the pics!

vic01

Btw the wifey counts the number of valks i have lol

Simple way around that: Randomly hide one to lower the count. After a week or two, put it back on the shelf. Repeat.

Do it enough times and she'll lose faith in her ability to keep track and then you're good to go! :p

Those are great pics Vic. I love the poses.

How high can you raise the arms when the shoulder armor is not plugged in?

Thanks! You can turn it sideways and up more than 30 deg. w/ the white padding Alto has, and can be rotated 360 deg. Shoulders to the chest is balljointed too so additional movement. Very very articulated.

vic01

Graham

Yeah but you and your little bloke get to just go out shopping and come back home with valks in shopping bags, everyone else including me

have to ship it and it's hard to get that under radar. ;)

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie