Some Anonynous' effort to figure out the Macross timelines

RedWolf

Hours ago I was helping some Anon create his chronology chart.

In appreciation of his trial and error approach I present it here.

trialchart4.gif

He had to go through several revisions before he can get it right.

First Try

Second Try

Third Try

I wouldn't call it "Flashback 2014," since that's not the title, but that's just me.

DYRL is supposed to be set in 2009, not 2010, but I guess a lot depends on exactly how long Hikaru and Misa were on earth...if it was more than a year, then there you go. Otherwise, Minmay says it's been, what, eight months since the Macross launched, and the Peace Agreement happens on September 11.

Other than that, it looks good. Although I think there should be a little better indication that Mac7 Encore happens DURING the TV series, not after it.

I wouldn't call it "Flashback 2014," since that's not the title, but that's just me.

DYRL is supposed to be set in 2009, not 2010, but I guess a lot depends on exactly how long Hikaru and Misa were on earth...if it was more than a year, then there you go. Otherwise, Minmay says it's been, what, eight months since the Macross launched, and the Peace Agreement happens on September 11.

Other than that, it looks good. Although I think there should be a little better indication that Mac7 Encore happens DURING the TV series, not after it.

Actually, Minmay says five months.

So, 5 months at the start places it in September, 2009. Then, we add what could be 2-4 months of Hikaru and Misa stranded on Earth, and we get November 09 or January 10. Either one works.

Point stands: The chart is still wrong...

Actually, Minmay says five months.

So, 5 months at the start places it in September, 2009. Then, we add what could be 2-4 months of Hikaru and Misa stranded on Earth, and we get November 09 or January 10. Either one works.

Point stands: The chart is still wrong...

It was only five months? Hmm. Can you tell it's been a while since I sat down and watched DYRL? I even had a brain fart and forgot that the Spetember 11 speech happens AFTER Misa and Hikaru come back, i.e. right before the big, big battle.

So yeah, it HAS to be 2009.

flashback 2014? Macross 2036 and ELS?? in Macross II universe?? what are this?

Flashback 2014 is just Flashback 2012. The official Macross II timeline sets in, oddly enough in 2014 (See, redwolf? It just creates confusion).

2036 and ELS (Eternal Love Song) are games. Not sure what console they were for, though...

but the timeline included in macross ace says 2090

That page isn't the most reliable. As Seto said, the Macross II OST2 booklet lists it as 2092, which at least passes the "circumstantial evidence" test (i.e. Macross II came out in 1992, so they just pushed forward 100 years). Seto seems quite set on that date, and can back it up with at least two sources. Me, I'm betting he's right, but I'm still waiting for Macross Chronicle to cover it before I get all "set in stone" about it.

That page isn't the most reliable. As Seto said, the Macross II OST2 booklet lists it as 2092, which at least passes the "circumstantial evidence" test (i.e. Macross II came out in 1992, so they just pushed forward 100 years). Seto seems quite set on that date, and can back it up with at least two sources. Me, I'm betting he's right, but I'm still waiting for Macross Chronicle to cover it before I get all "set in stone" about it.

just saying you can argue a case for both years. until a date shows up in chronicle though, either one is up to speculation.

Also that timeline directly contradicts Kawamori's claim that the in-universe DYRL is not the same as Macross: DYRL. It also ignores everything written here; http://macross.anime.net/story/encyclopedi...ar_i/index.html

I was watching that thread, and that anonymous eventually did one more revision that and took into account the ambiguity of space war I canon.

Also Macross: 2036 and Eternal Love Song are for the NEC PCEngine Super CD. Both are awesome, and cheap to pick up on Ebay.

Edited by Sketch

So the difference between the chart and our board varies from one to two years (DYRL movie setting is 2009, not 2010, Macross II sets in 2092, not 2090 like in Macross Ace timeline) so I don't think it would matter much.

In any case, it's wrong. Really wrong.

Can you explain what's wrong? If there are mistakes, we can fix them.

Edit: Err...can I even post torrent here? Anyway, back in the "Macross Launch Day" (Feb 7), a guy in /m/ uploaded both Macross PC Engine Games to Nyaatorrents. So if anyone having trouble finding/buying them, you can go there.

Edited by REbirth

His latest attempt to make it perfect.

trialchart7.gif

Thus I will sing this song...

*plays Try Again*

* tatta ikkyoku no rokkunrooru

ashita he hibiiteku

asayake no kagata he

omae wo saegiru mono wa nani mo nai

tatakai tsuzukeru sora ni

oorora wa oritekuru

uchi hishigareta yoru

omae wa hitoribotchi ja nai

itsudatte

tatta hitotsu no kotoba de

mirai wa kimaru no sa

oretachi no biito wa

kagayaku daiyamondo

hontou no sora he hontou no sora he

inochi kagayaku sora he

FLY AWAY-FLY AWAY

nobotte yukou

TRY AGAIN-TRY AGAIN

kinou ni te wo futte

FLY AWAY-FLY AWAY

shinjiru kagiri

TRY AGAIN-TRY AGAIN

ashita wo aiseru sa

tatta hitotsu no mayoi ga

chansu wo dame ni suru

arashi no naka datte hitomi sorasanai

saa nando demo saa nando demo

yarinaoseru sa kitto

FLY AWAY-FLY AWAY

nobotte yukou

TRY AGAIN-TRY AGAIN

akiramenaide

FLY AWAY-FLY AWAY

shinjiru kagiri

TRY AGAIN-TRY AGAIN

hi wa mata noboru darou

* refrain

^ Bravo, nice work, sometimes, 4chan /m/ is a great place to stay!!!

Edit: 'Kay, they changed Macross DYRL seeting to be 2009-2010 (due to alternative universes), Macross II to 2092 and adding lot of side stories/manga contents...Wait, "Macross English Anticipation"? I never heard of that, it sets around Macross 7 time, so I guess it has something to do with the Fire Bomber gang right?

Edited by REbirth

Macross DYRL belongs in 2031.

It is take a closer look. He is taking account from what SK said that Space War 1 was somewhere between TV and DYRL.

TV events with some DYRL visuals is my take on that. Macross Frontier showed both Zentradi uniforms on Galia 4.

Macross 7 showed us their own DYRL footage with Max and Milia space fight and in Macross 7 Encore with a DYRL-esque wedding of Max and Millia.

DYRL movie in the Macross universe is different and probably more historically accurate than than the DYRL movie we know.

Macross DYRL that we know and watched is the origin of the Macross II timeline.

Hmm, did he missed Macross VO on purpose? Since there are two freakin SDF class there beating each other.

Macross VO and VOXP doesn't seem to fit either timeline simply because of visualization.

Not to mention it came after Macross II.

Check this site and look at the mecha and story sections.

http://www.angelfire.com/mac/mvo/

Megaroad-02 is a Macross Class DYRL version.

Now as far I know the SDF-02 Megaroad-01 in both timelines is a Megaroad Class.

The footage in Macross Flashback 2012 was supposedly the ending of DYRL that got cut.

In the Macross II timeline as far as we know the SDF-1 Macross was still unique.

Only the Macross Cannons were its successors.

Edited by RedWolf

It was only five months? Hmm. Can you tell it's been a while since I sat down and watched DYRL? I even had a brain fart and forgot that the Spetember 11 speech happens AFTER Misa and Hikaru come back, i.e. right before the big, big battle.

So yeah, it HAS to be 2009.

Is Spetember like Smarch? ;)

Taksraven

No, it's like Febuary and Novmeber; don't you know ANYTHING? ^_^

You mean the same sort of thing like the country I live in, you know, Austrayeee-ya.

Taksraven

His latest attempt to make it perfect.

trialchart7.gif

Thus I will sing this song...

*plays Try Again*

* tatta ikkyoku no rokkunrooru

ashita he hibiiteku

asayake no kagata he

omae wo saegiru mono wa nani mo nai

tatakai tsuzukeru sora ni

oorora wa oritekuru

uchi hishigareta yoru

omae wa hitoribotchi ja nai

itsudatte

tatta hitotsu no kotoba de

mirai wa kimaru no sa

oretachi no biito wa

kagayaku daiyamondo

hontou no sora he hontou no sora he

inochi kagayaku sora he

FLY AWAY-FLY AWAY

nobotte yukou

TRY AGAIN-TRY AGAIN

kinou ni te wo futte

FLY AWAY-FLY AWAY

shinjiru kagiri

TRY AGAIN-TRY AGAIN

ashita wo aiseru sa

tatta hitotsu no mayoi ga

chansu wo dame ni suru

arashi no naka datte hitomi sorasanai

saa nando demo saa nando demo

yarinaoseru sa kitto

FLY AWAY-FLY AWAY

nobotte yukou

TRY AGAIN-TRY AGAIN

akiramenaide

FLY AWAY-FLY AWAY

shinjiru kagiri

TRY AGAIN-TRY AGAIN

hi wa mata noboru darou

* refrain

Darn it! You're supposed to since only the first part of the song and have the next poster continue it.