Official Bandai 1/60 Scale DX Toy Thread Ver.4

azrael

Feb 09 reissues of DX VF-25F and S retooled.

http://www.toysdaily.com/discuz/thread-88929-1-1.html

Looks like Bandai have added extra holes on the top of the fuselage. Extra attachment points meant for the Armor Pack perhaps?

EDIT: The VF-25 in the lower images are of Michael's G. So it appears the RVF and G variants will also sport this new holes/attachment points.

3329117073a7daffb722.jpg

3329117123fc951c3776.jpg

Edited by IXTL

Same here. I might get the G and the RVF as well, though, as I like them too.

I like both as well, but I Haven't felt prompted enough to spend the money the want for either.

Until the Quarter or a VF-27 gets released, this will probably my sole representation of Macross F in my collection.

Looks like Bandai have added extra holes on the top of the fuselage. Extra attachment points meant for the Armor Pack perhaps?

so the April re-issue/re-stock of the 25F will be able to accommodate the armor pack as well?

The hell? That's pretty lame... Maybe we can all send our valks back to the shop saying they're defective and missing those holes. :p

On that note, just shipped my VF-25F with the broken hip back to HLJ - I'll either get a refund or a repair. Probably no replacement since the re-stock doesn't arrive till April; but I'll need one since I already put money down for the FAST Pack. =/

Aww mann... thanks for screwing all of us early buyers, Bandai. :angry:

Dude. Right now it's speculation. I bet the Alto and Ozma Super Packs will attach just fine to the earlier releases.

As for the Armour & Luca/Mikhail Super Packs - were you planning putting those on your old Valks? The first includes its own Valk...the two others are not color-matched.

Was Bandai clearly thinking about Fast Pack attachments for their model (replacing parts) and DX (retooled parts) lineup?

It doesn't seem like it to me. Yamato definitely wins in this department.

Dude. Right now it's speculation. I bet the Alto and Ozma Super Packs will attach just fine to the earlier releases.

? And they just decided to put holes and reissue their VF-25s for fun? No. I don't think so. They put in the holes because they needed them.

Edited by Cent

The hell? That's pretty lame... Maybe we can all send our valks back to the shop saying they're defective and missing those holes. :p

On that note, just shipped my VF-25F with the broken hip back to HLJ - I'll either get a refund or a repair. Probably no replacement since the re-stock doesn't arrive till April; but I'll need one since I already put money down for the FAST Pack. =/

I thought their replacement policy only applied to products that arrived broken, not to ones that the customer broke? :blink:

? And they just decided to put holes and reissue their VF-25s for fun? No. I don't think so. They put in the holes because they needed them.

Yes. Of course. Because the Alto Super Packs weren't announced a few months back AND SHOWN FITTED TO ALTO'S VALK, but just now. :rolleyes:

Bandai = Satan. Bandai hates MW and wants to eat its members' babies. :o :o :o

</sarcasm>

Why do I actually bother trying to use logic on this board...?

As for the Armour & Luca/Mikhail Super Packs - were you planning putting those on your old Valks? The first includes its own Valk...the two others are not color-matched.

OK, I know that the Super parts will fit my current DX VF-25F---But I would have liked the Armour parts to be able to fit as well. These holes could have just as easily been put into the first production run of the DX toys, and their exclusion just shows poor planning by Bandai. All in all, I'd say that the DX line shows quite a bit of rush work and poor planning.

Was Bandai clearly thinking about Fast Pack attachments for their model (replacing parts) and DX (retooled parts) lineup?

It doesn't seem like it to me. Yamato definitely wins in this department.

Hmm... not really. Remember the v.1 1/60 VF-1's and the FAST Packs?

As Graham mentioned, it indeed looks as if Bandai is now in the stage that Yamato was 7 years ago.

EDIT: The VF-25 in the lower images are of Michael's G. So it appears the RVF and G variants will also sport this new holes/attachment points.

3329117073a7daffb722.jpg

3329117123fc951c3776.jpg

OK... we really need someone to translate this before we all jump to conclusions... any kind soul, please?

OK... we really need someone to translate this before we all jump to conclusions... any kind soul, please?

Someone in my country mentioned that it's an instructions....

They have assembly faults in the 1st shipment of DXs and these are instructions on how to correct it.

Still it's a MAYBE untill confirmed.

I'll update when there's NEWS.

As Graham mentioned, it indeed looks as if Bandai is now in the stage that Yamato was 7 years ago.

I don't know what happened. So Yamato had a version that can't equip the FP in version 1?

Someone in my country mentioned that it's an instructions....

They have assembly faults in the 1st shipment of DXs and these are instructions on how to correct it.

Still it's a MAYBE untill confirmed.

I'll update when there's NEWS.

From what I understand... It's not about assembly faults. It's owing to "development reasons", the future manufacturing of DX models would have the following differences, blah blah blah.

(It's from Bandai Customer Relationship Centre)

Edited by ff95gj

Thanks! So we actually have 1/60 vf-1.1 (that can use the FPs)?

Yeah, the first few releases couldn't take the FAST packs. Those got re-released as combo packs with the changes and the FAST packs. There was some debate here that yamato should release FAST packs that just came with the appropriate limbs... I think it was just the legs that needed to be retooled and since the ver 1 1/60 vf-1 had removable (and by that I mean you had to take them off to transform it to battroid) many people thought yamato should take advantage of that and just issue replacement legs instead.

I honestly didn't expect to see Bandai making a similar mistake.

thx for the info. cuz the model cant play much with all the stickers

juz made up my mind what to buy :D

Although be aware, with frequent handling the paint does rub off this toy quite easily, possibly due to the paint not adhering too well to the gloss plastic used, as several of us have found already.

My advice, don't be afraid to handle and transform the DX, but try to avoid touching the black/red (VF-25F) and black/yellow (VF-25S) trim areas unnecessarily, to avoid the paint rubbing off premeturely.

Graham

3329117073a7daffb722.jpg

3329117123fc951c3776.jpg

Feb 09 reissues!!!!!! February has come and gone already!

Hmm, now I'm confused, I was under the impression that the VF-25F reissue wasn't until March or April and the VF-25S reissue not until April or May (I forget the exact month and can't be bothered to search), but I'm damn sure it wasn't as soon as February.

Heh, anyway, poor Mr. VF-25 DX reissue has so many holes, he's starting to look like swiss cheese. :D

Graham

As I've been saying unconfirmed rumor goes that, Bandai outsourced the design duties for both the DX and 1/100 to a tier 3, possibly non-Japanese, less experienced design team.

I still like the DX though, warts and all.

Graham

It's owing to "development reasons", the future manufacturing of DX models would have the following differences, blah blah blah

It;s that "blah blah blah" part that interests me :)

I am feeling optimistic. I hope that AT LEAST the DX Ozma w/Armor will have the lasers straightened out.

I would really love to get this.

Pete

From what I understand... It's not about assembly faults. It's owing to "development reasons", the future manufacturing of DX models would have the following differences, blah blah blah.

Heh is this info from the SG collection forums? I think it is flawed because that guy translated off the top half of the picture and missed the bottom half.

VFTF1: I wouldn't be too optimistic about the head lasers, since its only the back plate that will be changed so far (and the rear landing gear bay hinges) but who knows, more changes may be announced soon, each announcement driving another knife into the heart of those who already got their DX toy (like me) :angry:

In case it is misleading; the "Bandai Customer Relationship Centre" thing is read from the above notice, not that I heard from another source.

Didn't express myself well enough!

Heh is this info from the SG collection forums? I think it is flawed because that guy translated off the top half of the picture and missed the bottom half.

VFTF1: I wouldn't be too optimistic about the head lasers, since its only the back plate that will be changed so far (and the rear landing gear bay hinges) but who knows, more changes may be announced soon, each announcement driving another knife into the heart of those who already got their DX toy (like me) :angry:

I forgot to post the 2nd half of the picture..... :wacko: Sorry