LOL Macross Sizes

RedWolf

Death Star II's still bigger...

However, Nanase... :rolleyes:

the death star is officially 120 km. the Death star II is officialy 160km but may very well be 250 or so

I wonder if anyone has bothered to figure out how big Ingues' mothership actually was? the chart I linked uses the 50km RPG size which is way to small. the center red eye alone has got to be at least 50km across

So... I was wondering whether to post Yoko's boobies as being bigger than Nanase's even and make a remark about Toppa Tengen Gurren Lagann... but I decided I ought to ask sensible questions once in a while in between the T&A...

Can anyone guesstimate what the original "giant" crew of the Macross was? How many Supervising Army dudes would man that kind of ship? And do you think the lay out had to be drastically refurbished to get humans in there?

Pete

the death star is officially 120 km. the Death star II is officialy 160km but may very well be 250 or so

I wonder if anyone has bothered to figure out how big Ingues' mothership actually was? the chart I linked uses the 50km RPG size which is way to small. the center red eye alone has got to be at least 50km across

Death Star X1 (Skeletal Prototype at the end of "Revenge of the Sith") 20km

Death Star X2 (Small prototype with planetary ion gun) 90km

Death Star (Full-scale planet-destroyer with 8-tributary-superlaser) 160km

Death Star 2 (Full-scale planet-destroyer with 9-tributary-superlaser) 900km

Those are official. Further, the Halo Rings are 13000km across, and Niven's ringworld is massively larger. Then, Dyson Spheres are 120000000 km in diameter, If I'm not mistaken. (Earth's orbit, was it?)

Don't tell me that the Death Star is smalleer than it is. I know these things by heart.

Death Star X1 (Skeletal Prototype at the end of "Revenge of the Sith") 20km

Death Star X2 (Small prototype with planetary ion gun) 90km

Death Star (Full-scale planet-destroyer with 8-tributary-superlaser) 160km

Death Star 2 (Full-scale planet-destroyer with 9-tributary-superlaser) 900km

Those are official. Further, the Halo Rings are 13000km across, and Niven's ringworld is massively larger. Then, Dyson Spheres are 120000000 km in diameter, If I'm not mistaken. (Earth's orbit, was it?)

Don't tell me that the Death Star is smalleer than it is. I know these things by heart.

the 120km for the first death star and 160km for the death star 2 are also "official." nobody knows how big they really are just like nobody knows how big the original Galactica is because there are no definitive published numbers and there really isn't any good way to accurately calculate scale. basically George Lucas doesn't give a crap enough to actually give a definitive answer so we'll never know.

and in any case the Fulbtzs Berrentzs is still bigger so :p

also the Dyson Sphere in star trek was 200 million km in diameter. Dyson's original design had a 1AU radius but it wasn't a solid sphere, rather it was a dence network of independent solar collector satellites.

Ringworld is just a hair under 300 million km in diameter.

The Macross Cannon is perfectly in line with the rest! Don't you all know that its built with 4 ACTUAL Nupetiet-Vergnitzs Command ships?? :rolleyes:

Edited by Cyclone Trooper

The Macross Cannon is perfectly in line with the rest! Don't you all know that its built with 4 ACTUAL Nupetiet-Vergnitzs Command ships?? :rolleyes:

Your point?

And, anime, official numbers show 900km for DSII: There are discrepancies regarding the size of the Death Star II, which has generated some controversy. The West End Games RPG initially claimed that the second Death Star had a diameter of 160 kilometers. The majority of Expanded Universe material since then has repeated this number, although the Inside the Worlds of Star Wars Trilogy fact book, via detailed scaling of the station in the film and statements by ILM visual effects designer Richard Edlund, show that the second Death Star was actually over 900 kilometers in diameter. The Official Site's Databank updated its article in 2008 to reflect the higher number. Star Wars Insider 105 also included this size. The specifications above may hold some discrepancy as well; these figures are for the "incorrect" undersized version. They would be closer to what would be carried by the first Death Star. The proper figures for the second Death Star may be several orders of magnitude higher.

So, even a bit bigger than what I said... George Lucas doesn't care, but his company does, so what ILM says about it (They built it, dude) goes.

Also, Halo Ring beats Fulbtz Berrentzs... By a magnitude of 10....

Your point?

And, anime, official numbers show 900km for DSII: There are discrepancies regarding the size of the Death Star II, which has generated some controversy. The West End Games RPG initially claimed that the second Death Star had a diameter of 160 kilometers. The majority of Expanded Universe material since then has repeated this number, although the Inside the Worlds of Star Wars Trilogy fact book, via detailed scaling of the station in the film and statements by ILM visual effects designer Richard Edlund, show that the second Death Star was actually over 900 kilometers in diameter. The Official Site's Databank updated its article in 2008 to reflect the higher number. Star Wars Insider 105 also included this size. The specifications above may hold some discrepancy as well; these figures are for the "incorrect" undersized version. They would be closer to what would be carried by the first Death Star. The proper figures for the second Death Star may be several orders of magnitude higher.

I don't follow closely enough to know what's canon now, but I do recall that at least early on the EU writers were given a package of West End Games sourcebooks to use as their reference material since first party materials were sparse and Lucas wasn't interested in answering a billion little questions. With that in mind, it stands to reason that any speculation/deviations in those games would have been passed on to the novels.

Your point?

So, even a bit bigger than what I said... George Lucas doesn't care, but his company does, so what ILM says about it (They built it, dude) goes.

I don't really care since I don't even like starwars.

and Halo beats a lot of things, it almost beats the real moon. and then there's the ark...

ARK2.jpg

I don't really care since I don't even like starwars.

and Halo beats a lot of things, it almost beats the real moon. and then there's the ark...

ARK2.jpg

The scale is off. Halos are >13000 km. I swear, Cortana said it at one point...

Easy indicator: That's an Earth-class planet in the center of the Ark, being strip mined for materials to build installations. Given that the Ark is 7 halos wide (Bungie + 7 = MacF + 25), the Ark owns Halos... Actually, it quite literally owns the halos... Again, scale's wrong. The Ark isn't 9 Halos in width, it's 7.

an in relation to some other things.

post-7418-1234487934_thumb.gif

I don't remember where I got this so I can't give credit. But it is cool.

A-ha! Eclipse, the largest of the Star Dreadnoughts. (Yes, they misspelled Dreadnaught. No, it's not a super star destroyer. That was actually a misinformation campaign with a lot of misappropriated funds going into the Executor and Eclipse classes, as well as the second death star)

Edit: Also, the scale is off on this one. Executors run at 19000m, not 17600. That was a misappropriation, again, although it was the same as the DSII.

Edited by SchizophrenicMC

Your point?

LOL...I was joking! Simmer down... ^_^

an in relation to some other things.

post-7418-1234487934_thumb.gif

I don't remember where I got this so I can't give credit. But it is cool.

Something about that chart seems way off. The Eclipse isn't bigger than the Executor? Trade Federation ships are bigger than Imperial IIs? The Borg Cube is that huge? I dunno, just seems off to me.

Vostok 7

Something about that chart seems way off. The Eclipse isn't bigger than the Executor? Trade Federation ships are bigger than Imperial IIs? The Borg Cube is that huge? I dunno, just seems off to me.

Vostok 7

if I remember correctly, they upped the official size of the Executor but never said anything about the Eclipse. so they have new size Executor and old size eclipse (instead of an up scaled proportionate size) I have no idea about the trade federation ships or the borg Cube since I still don't care about star trek or the prequel films.

I think the Eclipse was a little shorter for as long as they've had official numbers. It's just many times more massive.

originally the Eclipse was listed as 17km and the executor was listed as 8km. then the executor gut bumped up to 17km. the Eclipse wasn't scaled up but if you stick with the original proportions then the eclipse should be something like 35km.

So, whats the biggest ship/structure currently is in Macross Universe? The Factory Satellite?

The Fulbtzs-Berrentzs Class (latest info from Chronicle gives it a height of 890 Km, and a length of 510 Km). The Factory Satellite only has a length of between 5 and more than 500 Km.

The DYRL version of the Fulbtzs-Berrentzs Class is even bigger, having a total width (or was it length?) of 1,400 Km (the length of the Japanese islands.)

Of course, the largest "structure" (if it can be called that) is the ?orbital? ring around the Vajra homeworld. No info on it's size/capabilities/function(s) have been released to date.

originally the Eclipse was listed as 17km and the executor was listed as 8km. then the executor gut bumped up to 17km. the Eclipse wasn't scaled up but if you stick with the original proportions then the eclipse should be something like 35km.

No, the Super Class was listed as 8.

Supers (Original tentative name for Executor class) were a cover-up for an oversight committee, where all of the stats were fudged and funds misappropriated to make it seem like something far smaller for the Empire to worry about.

They're listed as 8 km in length.

Executors' final statistic is 19km long.

Eclipse runs 17km long, but is many times larger and has a superlaser with enough power to evaporate a planet's atmosphere and break through planetary shields.

If you stick to the original proportions, you're still at these stats.

Talking about sizes, I think this could be an important fact, both Fulb Berrent fortress was destroyed by nuking its command center (By Macross M3 in SDFM, and by Hikaru M3 in DYRL). And probably all those SSD will suffer the same with the exposed command center.

"The ability to destroy a planet is nothing compare to the power of Macross Attack" :lol:

And someday, someone gonna replace that with "Basara singing".... :ph34r:

Talking about sizes, I think this could be an important fact, both Fulb Berrent fortress was destroyed by nuking its command center (By Macross M3 in SDFM, and by Hikaru M3 in DYRL). And probably all those SSD will suffer the same with the exposed command center.

"The ability to destroy a planet is nothing compare to the power of Macross Attack" :lol:

And someday, someone gonna replace that with "Basara singing".... :ph34r:

But Basara Singing is the ability to destroy a planet! :p

Besides, we've seen what a stray A-wing'll do to that. Just send in a cannon fodder, and you've done the same thing. :)

No, the Super Class was listed as 8.

Supers (Original tentative name for Executor class) were a cover-up for an oversight committee, where all of the stats were fudged and funds misappropriated to make it seem like something far smaller for the Empire to worry about.

They're listed as 8 km in length.

Executors' final statistic is 19km long.

Eclipse runs 17km long, but is many times larger and has a superlaser with enough power to evaporate a planet's atmosphere and break through planetary shields.

If you stick to the original proportions, you're still at these stats.

:wacko: I think this is one of those cases where even when you win you're still a loser.

Wow, I wonder if UNS ever make another Macross class that will dwarf Macross Cannon, let say Macross Emperor? ^_^

To me, it gets to the stage where, whats the point in building a ship soooooo big. Its an awful lot of resource to possibly have destroyed in combat.

Taksraven

• 3 weeks later...