Jump to content

Official Macross posters


TheLoneWolf
 Share

Recommended Posts

Where can i find macross posters? Id like to frame a couple to mount on my future display space

Several places....eBay, Yahoo Japan Auctions, Mandarake, etc....any in particular you are looking for?

You can find practically every Macross poster ever made on this thread....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Ohsato Miss Macross Lynn Minmay doll promotional poster.....

 

large.20161231_152542.jpg.5df0460d37d3fe

 

...in case you are unfamiliar with the Ohsato Minmay dolls....

***Note the Macross collector "seals" included inside the boxes.....more info on those here:

rdc0521091.jpg

 

rdc0521101.jpg

 

This Ohsato ad seems to suggest an unreleased Minmay in Chinese dress and....a Misa!

186b5d9a197f5be9b5542299d183fb10.jpg

 

Edited by jvmacross
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I never heard of an alteration of that VF-1S poster. I believe I got that with the Gold Book.

 

I still need a DYRL movie poster. I think I couldn't decide between the three because I really wanted one with Hikaru and Misa prominently . Perhaps one of the modern Mikimoto versions will work for me. I know I have one of his older posters with all the characters but I think it's missing a valkyrie.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, JetJockey said:

I never heard of an alteration of that VF-1S poster. I believe I got that with the Gold Book.

 

I still need a DYRL movie poster. I think I couldn't decide between the three because I really wanted one with Hikaru and Misa prominently . Perhaps one of the modern Mikimoto versions will work for me. I know I have one of his older posters with all the characters but I think it's missing a valkyrie.

Someone did reproduce it for a mass order ages ago but i cant remember who it was

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 year later...

I guess it is true that poster collecting has pretty much fallen out of favor....guessing that display space has a lot to do with it.  I myself have more or less stopped acquiring most of them.

Currently, I just try to go for promo prosters, like that of the Bandai DX -1J, but only for items I actually collect.

I will still pick up any vintage Macross posters I do not have, which at this point only happen to be vintage promotional posters as well!

 

For example, here is another vintage Shogakukan poster I found recently....promoting the upcoming release of their DYRL books!

large.20181007_215824.jpg.6a0024d845be6f

 

The poster is very similar in design to the one used to promo the film itself.....note that the Shogakukan promo poster finally gets around to adding DYRL-style character pics even though the SDF-1 is still depicted as the TV-style version on both....

gallery_12176_640_1327153.jpg

 

...this DYRL promo flyer still keeps the TV SDF-1, but manages to toss in Hikaru and Minmay in DYRL-style outfits...

gallery_12176_640_1565544.jpg

 

A few more Shogakukan promo posters.....

gallery_12176_640_22961.jpg

gallery_12176_640_1402147.jpg

 

This one promoting the legendary DYRL "Gold Book"...

gallery_12176_640_1097359.jpg

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I started getting into collection other posters that weren't B2-A2, but at this point, I decided to stop. Due to the fact that most of it is in books and easily be seen without having to shell out a wad of cash, I've decided to stick to my original poster sizes I started off with. Now, that doesn't mean I won't jump at the chance for extremely rare ones, but I think most of the ones I've wanted out of those sizes are already acquired.

I'm still looking for a few that I really want in B2 size, but having a decently large size of them already, I'm in no rush anymore. The last one I got that was of the rarer breed, was a B2 of Macross Delta that was more of a promo poster given at Wonderfest in either late 2015, or winter 2016. I had Kawamori sign it at AX 2016, and when he saw it, he was quite surprised and commented on how he was happy to see people here interested in the show (it was airing at the time).

I should post it, but I'd have to go into a room full of collectible stuff to find it. I'll get it out eventually.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Jasonc said:

I started getting into collection other posters that weren't B2-A2, but at this point, I decided to stop. Due to the fact that most of it is in books and easily be seen without having to shell out a wad of cash, I've decided to stick to my original poster sizes I started off with. Now, that doesn't mean I won't jump at the chance for extremely rare ones, but I think most of the ones I've wanted out of those sizes are already acquired.

I'm still looking for a few that I really want in B2 size, but having a decently large size of them already, I'm in no rush anymore. The last one I got that was of the rarer breed, was a B2 of Macross Delta that was more of a promo poster given at Wonderfest in either late 2015, or winter 2016. I had Kawamori sign it at AX 2016, and when he saw it, he was quite surprised and commented on how he was happy to see people here interested in the show (it was airing at the time).

I should post it, but I'd have to go into a room full of collectible stuff to find it. I'll get it out eventually.

yeah, not rushing at adding more to the poster collection...at this point I am only after the Macross Delta MBS TV promo poster...and only because I have all the other Macross TV promo posters that came before it....like you I will also snatch up any rarities, but I think that well has more or less dried up

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/22/2018 at 7:01 PM, jvmacross said:

yeah, not rushing at adding more to the poster collection...at this point I am only after the Macross Delta MBS TV promo poster...and only because I have all the other Macross TV promo posters that came before it....like you I will also snatch up any rarities, but I think that well has more or less dried up

Well, the other thing is, I do want to frame a couple posters, but then, what do I do with the rest? I guess I can maybe come up with a way to make an interchangeable frame, but gah, so many and never enough space. I think my wife would kill me if I decided to put every poster up on every wall (and ceilings, too).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...