Official Macross posters

TheLoneWolf

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/9/2018 at 8:05 AM, jvmacross said:

I guess it is true that poster collecting has pretty much fallen out of favor....guessing that display space has a lot to do with it.  I myself have more or less stopped acquiring most of them.

Currently, I just try to go for promo prosters, like that of the Bandai DX -1J, but only for items I actually collect.

I will still pick up any vintage Macross posters I do not have, which at this point only happen to be vintage promotional posters as well!

For example, here is another vintage Shogakukan poster I found recently....promoting the upcoming release of their DYRL books!

large.20200520_181837.jpg.83e50d25a9dd12

The poster is very similar in design to the one used to promo the film itself.....note that the Shogakukan promo poster finally gets around to adding DYRL-style character pics even though the SDF-1 is still depicted as the TV-style version on both....

gallery_12176_640_1327153.jpg

...this DYRL promo flyer still keeps the TV SDF-1, but manages to toss in Hikaru and Minmay in DYRL-style outfits...

gallery_12176_640_1565544.jpg

A few more Shogakukan promo posters.....

gallery_12176_640_22961.jpg

gallery_12176_640_1402147.jpg

This one promoting the legendary DYRL "Gold Book"...

gallery_12176_640_1097359.jpg

I would love to hear about the story. Behind the topless poster. Was it recalled?